VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

bf90rono

Mar 11, 2020
...The first version had a MUCH better climactic ending then my "friend/brother" is sexual active we got in the new "update".
What was the reason for the , in my opinion, useless and unnecessary ending change?

EDIT: Ah...people complained about random stuff as usual! Not fitting character, bah humbug, we dont know enough about the characters to start complaining how they should or shouldnt act.
First version was the true and your vision so stick with it, Never change things unless your vision is a dumpster fire which this was far from it.

Last edited:

Satorius

Dec 14, 2017
So far so good. I played the previous release and I can understand why they change the ending of episode one. Maybe, it was to quick for the main character to go that fast with the sex scene with one of the girl. If you already play the previous version, from the beginning after you name your main character just click on skip and I was very impress how all the picture went like a movies. From all the games that I played I can say this is the only time I saw a game that was done so well even when you click on the button skip all the image went like a movie. I can say I am very impress about this game so far with the story and the animation are well done . If it is possible please add a Gallery option in the game and hopefully we don't need to wait 3 months for an update. Planning to support on Patreon.

Cotytto

Jun 15, 2020
I still don't understand why the MC (if he turned down Victoria) would go along with anything she wanted. I didn't choose to flirt with her and turned her down point blank. Hell even if the MC had flirted with her, he knew her for what a couple of minutes? Your going to trust a complete stranger that much just on her say so? Frankly I detested her character as soon as she showed up. Why would the MC go anywhere near her clutches, let alone put himself in such a compromising situation? The whole situation does not make sense. Besides the simple fact if you are going to have choices they should matter. As of now they really don't.

I am Gone

Jun 10, 2020
All links should be updated with the fixed versions. Mods that are reading this, I removed the racaty link, sorry. If you could reupload for more mirrors that'd be great. Thanks.
lul considering I was the one who updated it. Just let you know we don't just add links whenever someone wants a new one you'll have to wait for the next update/bugfix.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
I really find it amusing to read those who complain about those of us who "complain" about the scene with Audrey on the pretext of "We don't know the characters yet, it's too early in the story".

And it's kind of true. Characters evolve and we don't entirely know their personalities in such a short time.

But... With the given elements, I think we are in our absolute right to "complain" and to disagree with certain things that happen in the story. What are the given elements?

1.- The relationship between Audrey and the MC seems to have always been beyond sibling love.
2.- Audrey wants to learn about sex and asks her "friend" for help. Yes, "friend".
3.- Audrey is a virgin and explicitly tells Victoria that she wants her first time to be special and with someone special.
4.- Victoria takes advantage of this situation and, as the good "friend" she is, blackmails Audrey to fuck a stranger.

Now, with those elements given, I agree that it is hasty to draw conclusions. But it's pretty clear, in my opinion. I judge with the elements I see, with those delivered to me. Honestly, I think the "complaints" are quite justified. It's not just "That scene is wrong because it makes Audrey look like a whore". It's also "With what we've seen about her personality, it doesn't make a lot of sense what happened."

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
lul considering I was the one who updated it. Just let you know we don't just add links whenever someone wants a new one you'll have to wait for the next update/bugfix.
That's fine, just felt bad for removing your mirrors.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
OK, I just played the game with both endings, and honestly, I don't know why there is so much praise for the game. It looks better than your average HS game but that's about it the writing is nothing special, the story isn't clear enough and I'm not sure I've seen a single likable character in the game. Normally after playing a game, I have a list in my head of what characters I like the most but in this game, it's more like a list of what characters I hate the most.

While the first version of the ending is terrible the new scene isn't really better.

Blackowl97

Jul 23, 2018
Hmm, I want to start playing this one, I don't care about the last scene as it is somewhat realistic for such a girl to be easily manipulated lol. Plus, at the end of the day, she not doing it with a real stranger. The real problem would be if she does it too already when she is in such a relationship with her brother. So here I have doubts about this game. Previously from what I read in a review, it had the tag of cheating. Although the tag was removed, I have my suspicions as to why it was there in the first place lol. So I have to ask if there is cheating in the future, will it be avoidable?

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
What, the story has just started and you want to have that cunt of a "landlady" to be pregnant?
I don't like her one bit and all the other ladies too. Well, Audrey is somewhat nice. ^^

Maybe the MC is an asshole but perhaps he has a reason for that?

Tkoyama

Feb 25, 2020
- Changed Episode 1 ending -

Are you serious? Well, I hope you don't have a hard time changing every single scene that people think is "offensive", even if those people don't even know the whole story. How do they know her personality if we're still in the very first chapter? Her friend was wrong but that's the cool thing about creating a suspense, a drama that no one expected, but no......at least leave a choice for the players. Well, it's your game but I don't think you should have done it IMHO.

My gosh, these people are mixing fiction with reality. I can't stand it.

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

Blackowl97

Jul 23, 2018
- Changed Episode 1 ending -

Are you serious? Well, I hope you don't have a hard time changing every single scene that people think is "offensive", even if those people don't even know the whole story. How do they know her personality if we're still in the very first chapter?

My gosh, these people are mixing fiction with reality. I can't stand it.
BMM is an attempt to revitalize the "roommate" and harem genres by injecting a dose of realism and drama into the formula. It's best to go into the visual novel with limited knowledge of the backstory; You'll get filled in on the details as you get further into the story.

It is true that there are girls who are easily manipulated in real life, but I think that in the last scene you have to suspend disbelief too much if you want to take the story seriously (I mean, as the description says, that it seeks to be one more game ' realistic 'lol). So I understand that there are people who are upset about that scene lol.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I finished the rework and I'll say it changed nothing? It was just a cast swap during the sex. Victoria scene was hot as hell by the way. Maybe it's a recency bias thing because i just finished but her scene was better than the Audrey one somehow. She's still manipulative as hell but she's definitely hot.

Also it seems like my concern was a bit too unwarranted since it ended basically the same. With this ending, i don't have any concerns about the story changing much, if at all. Only difference is that instead of Audrey being coerced into fucking her brother, unknowingly, she's going to be guilty of masturbating to her brother, who she thought was a stranger. Literally the only difference was no penetration for Audrey and the reverse for Victoria.

Also with this change, this also brought an interesting discussion. If we're really going with the notion from earlier that Audrey was "secretly" in love with the MC the entire time, isn't this the worse outcome? Not only did Victoria take the MC's virginity(?) but she made Audrey watch her the whole time while it happened, knowing full well that she loved her brother so much, supposedly. Isn't that like even more terrible? Especially for those who hate Victoria for the whole manipulation thing. Lesser of 2 evils?

This above isn't aimed at the dev or anyone in general. Just thoughts i had left over from what people were saying earlier before i played. I still feel the exact same as i did at the end of the first one. I still can't wait for the outcome of this part. The only difference is that instead of fucking her brother herself she watched her "friend" fuck her brother she apparently loves in front of her. How the hell is Victoria going to survive this one? Also won't Audrey be 100 times more conflicted about the whole thing now since her friend and brother hooked up? There's no way she going to be fine with hooking up with him that soon after this. :unsure:

This is going to be on my mind for a while. Thinking about all the possibilities and that's not even factoring in the Mom and Eldest Sister stuff too.

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes