VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Yes everything is a big conspiracy just to take out things that you like from the game, never before someone decided to change his mind after earing other peoples opinions, keep it up. :LUL:
Everything i said was correct though :)

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Agreed, the main issues I have with this game are

1) the MC behaves like a complete jerk to all of his family and we have no idea why (okay mom is a grade A bitch but other than that the sisters may be bitchy but they seem to mean well). Personally I dislike when information is withheld from us when we are playing as the MC, we are supposed to "be" in that role yet don't know anything about what is going on. No effort is made to give us the MC's thoughts as to "why" he is so unhappy with his sisters other than the fact that 2 of the 3 are in college and the oldest is working constantly. Is the MC truly such a child that he can't handle the fact that his sisters have lives that don't include him?

2) The ending scene is a complete turn off in terms of character development and plot, never mind that it also isn't very sexy. Victoria is a character that we don't know at all, she appears in the family bathroom, the MC can flirt or reject her, then the MC still goes over to her place and has sex with her. There is no real development of her as a character, no development of their relationship, she (and San) is a mysterious woman that suddenly appears with no background or lead up. The roommates/sisters don't mention that their friends are coming over, there's no conversation about who they are prior to their arrival, they could show up in a puff of smoke and have the same level of meaning to the player/audience. Natalie is the same way, we don't know who she is until she shows up, there's no lead in.
The choppiness of the animation, the situation that the MC allows himself to be put into stretches belief. I know this is a "fantasy" and I shouldn't expect realism but the MC just met Victoria a day before and now he is willing to trust her enough that he will submit to sitting in her room with no ability to see or hear while someone sucks his dick and then fucks him. Is he truly that desperate? Honestly it is more submissive than I'd expect the character to be. He has spent the rest of the episode alternating between mean comments and sullen silences, doesn't seem like a passive person and yet he submits to Victoria rather easily.

In addition to all of that we are to believe that the MC's older sister, who has been attending college for 2 years, has zero knowledge of sex to the point where she needs to have a friend explain/demonstrate/help her? I know they attend an all girls school but it beggars belief if the dev is going to have the older siblings still be virgins. They have holidays and summer breaks, male friends that still live in town?

Regardless of those two quibbles (which I do see as minor overall) I do like the dialogue, I didn't skip very much which is rare these days and I do think the characters are starting off well even if they all seem irritating to varying degrees. I am interested to see if the MC does go into the military, would be kind of nice to see it happen, then a time lapse, and the MC return. Doubt that is how this one will go though. Also despite how the last scene went (which I think the player should be able to decline to participate in) I do think the storyline has potential for a harem game (I normally avoid playing them). I wish the dev the best of luck with the game.
Agreed and in regards to the submissive nature of that scene it seems to be a running thread throughout the game. The tags don't mention femdom but that scene seems like that kinda thing to me, idk really cuz it's not a kink I'm into but it seems to lean that way. The MC is basically getting dominated by every female character in the game throughout the episode.

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
Agreed and in regards to the submissive nature of that scene it seems to be a running thread throughout the game. The tags don't mention femdom but that scene seems like that kinda thing to me, idk really cuz it's not a kink I'm into but it seems to lean that way. The MC is basically getting dominated by every female character in the game throughout the episode.
That scene is about as femdom as the game is going to get; There won't be any bdsm, lick my boots sort of thing in here. As far as MC getting dominated by every female character, I am a fan of strong female characters, but every female character has a soft side, some softer than others. If you're looking for damsels in distress, extremely passive types, then you might want to give this one a pass.

As for the people who think my vision for BMM has been comprised by the vocal minority, I'll say this once and only once: I made that decision because I agree with them and believe the new ending fits the characters and the narrative better, not because I caved in to their demands. I also decided to rewrite it because the new ending does not change much of what I have planned in the story at all. If I had actually caved in to the demands of the minority, I'd have written out the sex scene with Victoria entirely, as there is a pretty big group of people dissatisfied that the MC still fucks Victoria after they rejected her. But that change would have drastically affected how the story goes and is something I am unwilling to compromise on. If that isn't proof that I'm in control of this ship then I don't know what else to say.

ju1zzed

Feb 18, 2018
That scene is about as femdom as the game is going to get; There won't be any bdsm, lick my boots sort of thing in here. As far as MC getting dominated by every female character, I am a fan of strong female characters, but every female character has a soft side, some softer than others. If you're looking for damsels in distress, extremely passive types, then you might want to give this one a pass.

As for the people who think my vision for BMM has been comprised by the vocal minority, I'll say this once and only once: I made that decision because I agree with them and believe the new ending fits the characters and the narrative better, not because I caved in to their demands. I also decided to rewrite it because the new ending does not change much of what I have planned in the story at all. If I had actually caved in to the demands of the minority, I'd have written out the sex scene with Victoria entirely, as there is a pretty big group of people dissatisfied that the MC still fucks Victoria after they rejected her. But that change would have drastically affected how the story goes and is something I am unwilling to compromise on. If that isn't proof that I'm in control of this ship then I don't know what else to say.
Why did-do we have a choice to reject Victoria to beginn with then? doesnt make any fucking sense. :WaitWhat:

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020

For me almost everything works perfectly now with the game, the only thing that i still don't like is the fact that we can't avoid fucking Victoria, some games have mandatory sex scenes and most of the time i'm fine with it, but in this game i really don't like Victoria, and hope we have the option to have something with her or not in the future. I get that she's Audrey's best friend and she probably has some role in the story but for me it's just that. So if we can't avoid having a relationship with her i'm probably gonna drop the game.

tiofrodo

Nov 19, 2017
Just passing by to say that i actually really liked the way this story has set itself up, an actual incest story where there appears to have some back and forth instead of "oh shit it was that simple". Is it perfect? Nah, but i ain't looking and certainly doubt i will find that here.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
The most problematic thing in the last scene anyway, is the MC accepting to be blinded and deafened for his first fuck with Victoria. Especially if he rejected her in their first encounter
I think this fits, at this point he felt betrayed by Audrey because she told the mom.
So, I think he was depressed and kind of desperate, and just wanted release. A girl offered it to him and he took the chance.
That explains the part about him going there, but him letting himself be blinded and deafen...
It's possible. I guess it depends on how much we learn later about him and how he takes feeling rejected. This is the first instance of this happening so far, so I'm willing to believe it.

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
Why did-do we have a choice to reject Victoria to beginn with then? doesnt make any fucking sense. :WaitWhat:
The point is to show you how she handles rejection. One option she gets what she wants, the other she has to work for it. Normal girls would quit after gathering the courage to flirt with someone and they shut them down, but this girl is willing to do all that but in a bathroom at a friend's house and refuses to give up when she's rejected. All this for a boy she's heard stories about? Rejecting her is supposed to give you a clue that leads you to the question you should be asking which is Why does she want the MC so badly? Of course it's possible that I just executed that idea terribly, which is okay. I'm still learning here.

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
The point is to show you how she handles rejection. One option she gets what she wants, the other she has to work for it. Normal girls would quit after gathering the courage to flirt with someone and they shut them down, but this girl is willing to do all that but in a bathroom at a friend's house and refuses to give up when she's rejected. All this for a boy she's heard stories about? Rejecting her is supposed to give you a clue that leads you to the question you should be asking which is Why does she want the MC so badly? Of course it's possible that I just executed that idea terribly, which is okay. I'm still learning here.
If your goal was to have us question her motives, I thought you did very well at that. She comes off as incredibly manipulative, and I was constantly curious what exactly her angle was. The MC's "knowing smirk" (don't know if that was intentional or not) only reinforced that feeling. It felt like he was playing along to see where she would go with it.
Can't wait for the next update. :)

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I think you shouldn't have given a choice to accept or reject her, but make the MC reject her first (to show she refuses to give up when she's rejected) and then accept the flirt without an action from the player.

Another point, the MC doesn't trust her (he even said it to her) but he still lets himself be blinded?

erg1986

May 25, 2018
I made that decision because I agree with them and believe the new ending fits the characters and the narrative better, not because I caved in to their demands.
It is obvious now that the author did not intend what I saw in the first version, but for me all the dots there connected in the ending scene and I thought that it will be one of those games with a little deeper plot than just everyone fucking each other.

My crackpot theory was that he loved his sisters and made a move towards Natalie, but was harshly rejected, or told her something about his feelings towards some other sister and was ridiculed, that is why they are so hostile towards each other. Then he became gradually more and more depressed and moved further away from his other sisters so the experience would not repeat itself. Even the only sister he opened up to about his plans about army, Audrey, betrayed him so he had no remorse to go and fuck a random girl, Victoria, just to feel something. He told Victoria that he feels nothing towards his sisters because he did not want to think about his traumatic experiences or even was afraid that she will ridicule him like Natalie did. At the same time, Audrey, while being secretly in love with him, saw that he responded harshly to her attempt to fix the situation by talking to Natalie and became desperate herself, seeing that she will not get closer to him, decided to end it, going to get a boyfriend and forget about her brother in the same way he wanted to go to army, that is why she went to Victoria to learn about sex and showed almost no hesitation to even get fucked there, because it will burn the bridges and put an end to trying to get along with her brother (and Victoria knew about their desperate situation and wanted to stop them both from self-destruction) and the last scene when Audrey finds out that it is her brother, it is a dramatic turn that will give them hope and will gradually fix their family.

And the second version is just Victoria fucking the main character, no seemingly sudden turn in Audrey's behavior, no drama, no shocking revealing of a necklace, just cringey "look, it's his neck, look closer, look again, there is a necklace, got it? on his neck, just here, a necklace, still did not got it?" without any obvious plot meaning of this reveal now.
E58DB7.png

• Haha
Reactions: Garatempus2

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
It is obvious now that the author did not intend what I saw in the first version, but for me all the dots there connected in the ending scene and I thought that it will be one of those games with a little deeper plot than just everyone fucking each other.

My crackpot theory was that he loved his sisters and made a move towards Natalie, but was harshly rejected, or told her something about his feelings towards some other sister and was ridiculed, that is why they are so hostile towards each other. Then he became gradually more and more depressed and moved further away from his other sisters so the experience would not repeat itself. Even the only sister he opened up to about his plans about army, Audrey, betrayed him so he had no remorse to go and fuck a random girl, Victoria, just to feel something. He told Victoria that he feels nothing towards his sisters because he did not want to think about his traumatic experiences or even was afraid that she will ridicule him like Natalie did. At the same time, Audrey, while being secretly in love with him, saw that he responded harshly to her attempt to fix the situation by talking to Natalie and became desperate herself, seeing that she will not get closer to him, decided to end it, going to get a boyfriend and forget about her brother in the same way he wanted to go to army, that is why she went to Victoria to learn about sex and showed almost no hesitation to even get fucked there, because it will burn the bridges and put an end to trying to get along with her brother (and Victoria knew about their desperate situation and wanted to stop them both from self-destruction) and the last scene when Audrey finds out that it is her brother, it is a dramatic turn that will give them hope and will gradually fix their family.

And the second version is just Victoria fucking the main character, no seemingly sudden turn in Audrey's behavior, no drama, no shocking revealing of a necklace, just cringey "look, it's his neck, look closer, look again, there is a necklace, got it? on his neck, just here, a necklace, still did not got it?" without any obvious plot meaning of this reveal now.
View attachment 1592726
You're basing your whole theory on the MC getting humiliated by Natalie. The problem with that is that she clearly doesn't know why he's so distant or even hostile against her, which would be obvious to her is she had humiliated him or even just rejected his advances.
I personally think it's the other way around. Well, sort of... In the scene where Hannah made the MC hug Natalie he gets really pissed off when he notices the bottle she's hiding behind her back. My theory is that Natalie has the habit of drinking one too many glasses of wine from time to time (maybe mixing it with something stronger, which would explain one of the future tags too), and one of those times she made a move on the MC, he probably reciprocated her feelings, but she was too shitfaced to remember that night the day after and continued on like nothing happened. So, he opened up to her, maybe even felt "normal" if he had those feelings before and thought there's something wrong with him, and when he realised it was just "drunk talk" he felt betrayed. That would also explain why he's so adamant about not seeing his sisters that way, since the one time he opened up about it he ended up getting hurt.

erg1986

May 25, 2018
You're basing your whole theory on the MC getting humiliated by Natalie. The problem with that is that she clearly doesn't know why he's so distant or even hostile against her, which would be obvious to her is she had humiliated him or even just rejected his advances.
I personally think it's the other way around. Well, sort of... In the scene where Hannah made the MC hug Natalie he gets really pissed off when he notices the bottle she's hiding behind her back. My theory is that Natalie has the habit of drinking one too many glasses of wine from time to time (maybe mixing it with something stronger, which would explain one of the future tags too), and one of those times she made a move on the MC, he probably reciprocated her feelings, but she was too shitfaced to remember that night the day after and continued on like nothing happened. So, he opened up to her, maybe even felt "normal" if he had those feelings before and thought there's something wrong with him, and when he realised it was just "drunk talk" he felt betrayed. That would also explain why he's so adamant about not seeing his sisters that way, since the one time he opened up about it he ended up getting hurt.
You are right, it works better that way. But it is still just the beginning of his behavior and the original last scene would still be not "out of character" for anyone.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Nah, I followed your logic pretty well. The changed ending does put in doubt her motivations: In one she makes Audrey fuck MC, maybe to help her friend lose her virginity to the one she knows Audrey loves
Aand in this one she just fucks MC in front of her.

My theory is that she has the hots for Audrey and is using MC as a proxy to get her in sexual situations. Her sister can't be openly with him, but she can.

A really "incest porn plot" but it works.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
You are right, it works better that way. But it is still just the beginning of his behavior and the original last scene would still be not "out of character" for anyone.
For me it was extremely out of character for Audrey. A person can't go from "I'm waiting for someone special" to "Let's have unprotected sex with a random dude" in literally a matter of seconds. She also wouldn't go from saying to Natalie that if something happens to the MC she won't consider her her sister anymore and to him that she can't live without him, to "Oh well, since he's gonna die anyway, let's fuck someone random". I don't think that's why she wanted those lessons. It's either because she can't get off with just using her fingers and that's why she said she was expecting her to show her how to use a dildo or...
Crazy theory number 2:
Audrey wanted to "learn about sex" because she realised it's her last chance to show the MC how she's feeling about him and maybe persuade him to stay. I also believe that in the next release, after a short argument with Victoria, she's gonna jump him... And the interesting part will be if he's going to find out about it immediately or later on.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Crazy theory number 2:
Audrey wanted to "learn about sex" because she realised it's her last chance to show the MC how she's feeling about him and maybe persuade him to stay. I also believe that in the next release, after a short argument with Victoria, she's gonna jump him... And the interesting part will be if he's going to find out about it immediately or later on.
I wouldn't say "jumps him" but this completely fits the synopsis and I'm all for it.

I say she won't jump hi because I think Audrey has to talk to Victoria first, and that may lead to Victoria basically saying she wanted Audrey to act on her feelings, so this is "her helping her friend".

Then we can wonder if she's being honest or if it's yet another move to get what she wants.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I wouldn't say "jumps him" but this completely fits the synopsis and I'm all for it.

I say she won't jump hi because I think Audrey has to talk to Victoria first, and that may lead to Victoria basically saying she wanted Audrey to act on her feelings, so this is "her helping her friend".

Then we can wonder if she's being honest or if it's yet another move to get what she wants.
What I meant by "sort argument" was that Victoria will convince Audrey she did what she did for her and then we'll get the scene from the original ending, again with Victoria's push. I really hope Victoria won't be a forced LI after that though. I'm not a fan of women who need to exclaim how big sluts they are and I was definitely not fond of the way she "checked" if Audrey was wet...

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes