VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
What I meant by "sort argument" was that Victoria will convince Audrey she did what she did for her and then we'll get the scene from the original ending, again with Victoria's push. I really hope Victoria won't be a forced LI after that though. I'm not a fan of women who need to exclaim how big sluts they are and I was definitely not fond of the way she "checked" if Audrey was wet...
True then again we do not always get what we hope for if dev thinks something else fits his story and let us be fair even if we might hate the actions of certain characters in a story, that does not stop us per se from liking the whole story or game as long as there is enough to like in story and such. Personally I do like devs telling the story they want, even more so if they are willing to think about what they did fit their story, but as soon as dev says it is as he wants it should be over. That does not mean though we have to like every choice he makes or setup chars either and can not complain, just dev is free to ignore that.

I will likely be on the Victoria hate train with you though, unless dev surprises me majorly in rest of her story (not impossible yet and how start of ep 2 will play out may factor majorly in that but yeah if just a setup to get into Audrey's pants for her, I will likely not be one of her greatest fans). :p Then again not every character has to be loveable, just when game is intended as (partly) romantic and she is only real LI choice, well then she better feel like someone you would want to end up with or it gets self defeating for the story. :p

Last edited:

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
True then again we do not always get what we hope for if dev thinks something else fits his story and let us be fair even if we might hate the actions of certain characters in a story, that does not stop us per se from liking the whole story or game as long as there is enough to like in story and such. Personally I do like devs telling the story they want, even more so if they are willing to think about what they did fit their story, but as soon as dev says it is as he wants it should be over. That does not mean though we have to like every choice he makes or setup chars either and can not complain, just dev is free to ignore that.

I will likely be on the Victoria hate train with you though, unless dev surprises me majorly in rest of her story. :p Then again not every character has to be loveable, just when game is intended as (partly) romantic and she is only real LI choice, well then she better feel like someone you would want to end up with or it gets self defeating for the story. :p
When a game has a harem option I usually do one "manwhore" playthrough where I go for all of them and then depending on the options and the characters I like, I might do more. There are always exceptions of course, and this is one of them. If we get the option to drop Victoria, I'll do it without a second thought. It's not about hating on her, I just don't see her as a "strong female character" as the dev put it. If she was a dude I'd describe her as a douchebag or a creep, not as someone strong... That doesn't mean I'll stop playing if we don't get that option, I'm interested to see how the story unfolds, I'll probably skip her scenes thought.

So far the most promising character for me is Junie and the most interesting storywise is Natalie.
Their mother is a bitch (she's an interesting character too, but their father's picture on the wall shows it's probably her normal behaviour...), Hannah and San (not sure if that's her name, I mean Hannah's friend) are so far more annoying than anything else and Audrey seems likeable, but the verdict is still out on her.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
When a game has a harem option I usually do one "manwhore" playthrough where I go for all of them and then depending on the options and the characters I like, I might do more. There are always exceptions of course, and this is one of them. If we get the option to drop Victoria, I'll do it without a second thought. It's not about hating on her, I just don't see her as a "strong female character" as the dev put it. If she was a dude I'd describe her as a douchebag or a creep, not as someone strong... That doesn't mean I'll stop playing if we don't get that option, I'm interested to see how the story unfolds, I'll probably skip her scenes thought.

So far the most promising character for me is Junie and the most interesting storywise is Natalie.
Their mother is a bitch (she's an interesting character too, but their father's picture on the wall shows it's probably her normal behaviour...), Hannah and San (not sure if that's her name, I mean Hannah's friend) are so far more annoying than anything else and Audrey seems likeable, but the verdict is still out on her.
It is still early in game though and who knows one or more of those ladies might surprise us (though devs in general should be aware that in games with months between updates it is harder to redeem chars), just I do agree that quite often the term strong female is used where if we apply that behavior on a male we would call him a douche, overbearing or manwhore depending on the specifics and not consider it positive or a strong man. :p At this stage too early though to say that is the case for the ladies here or that they are just independent with their own mind and character with good and bad sides. :)

Last edited:

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
I got slightly the impression, that Victoria might be the catalyst (the driving force) to start the harem/incest.
It could be her fetish? I could be entirely wrong though. ^^

• Thinking Face
Reactions: eddie987

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I got slightly the impression, that Victoria might be the catalyst (the driving force) to start the harem/incest.
It could be her fetish? I could be entirely wrong though. ^^
You might be onto something, but she's still too "hands on" for my tastes, to a point where I'm not sure whose harem she wants to start. She's the one who already got "a taste" of both the MC and Audrey after all...

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Yeah, I'm not fond of her "hands-on" attitude either but that could be because she is in the search of something that fulfills her?
So she thinks that encouraging the incest/harem might be her fulfillment?
Does that make sense? :unsure:

Reactions: eddie987

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Yeah, I'm not fond of her "hands-on" attitude either but that could be because she is in the search of something that fulfills her?
So she thinks that encouraging the incest/harem might be her fulfillment?
Does that make sense? :unsure:
Yeah, you might be right. We'll just have to wait and see if she'll try to "encourage" the rest of the girls the same way.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, you might be right. We'll just have to wait and see if she'll try to "encourage" the rest of the girls the same way.
Or tones it down a bit if in begin of chapter 2 after she gets her wish and has more of her character shown with more of her good sides. :) Like I said we are still in early parts of the game and many of the motivations and why people act why they do have not yet been revealed. It is all conjecture and guessing still at this moment. While of course fun, that still does not make it truth yet or how will develop in next chapters. :p Though I suspect it might be hard already to turn that Mom in a believable way from a bitch into Cinderella, without some very good writing for her behavior and how she turns that around or some magic spells. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Pablor

May 29, 2017
It is not realistic .. she would not do it .. maybe it is different in other countries but from what I see life is chaos and unpredictable and this kind of thing happens every day everywhere.. thats because this kind of things seems more realistic to me ..first version rules..

It also gives much more play to see how she will return to his life and his relationship with her brother after what she has done (more difficult to script sure but much more interesting)

• Red Heart
Reactions: erg1986

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
That scene is about as femdom as the game is going to get; There won't be any bdsm, lick my boots sort of thing in here. As far as MC getting dominated by every female character, I am a fan of strong female characters, but every female character has a soft side, some softer than others. If you're looking for damsels in distress, extremely passive types, then you might want to give this one a pass.

As for the people who think my vision for BMM has been comprised by the vocal minority, I'll say this once and only once: I made that decision because I agree with them and believe the new ending fits the characters and the narrative better, not because I caved in to their demands. I also decided to rewrite it because the new ending does not change much of what I have planned in the story at all. If I had actually caved in to the demands of the minority, I'd have written out the sex scene with Victoria entirely, as there is a pretty big group of people dissatisfied that the MC still fucks Victoria after they rejected her. But that change would have drastically affected how the story goes and is something I am unwilling to compromise on. If that isn't proof that I'm in control of this ship then I don't know what else to say.
That's cool. I liked the characters anyway just seemed like a bit of a theme throughout episode one. Like I said previously I think the game has potential and any criticism is only meant as constructive feedback cuz there's a lot of good things here. I don't like the scene with Victoria not because I hate her or because of it being unavoidable, but because it seems like an enormous stretch to believe MC would want to be blindfolded/deafened and that Audrey would be in that situation at all. There's always gonna be a suspension of disbelief needed to enjoy this type of game but that scene was just too much for me, and I think you could have achieved a better/more believable scene in a different way. I'll still be back for episode two and hopefully the game will fulfill it's potential (y)

deskt

Jul 24, 2018
It is quite rare, but the game does not start, after the image when starting the game nothing happens u.u

metadeos

Jan 23, 2018
I'm also having trouble with the patch installation. It doesn't change anything when I put it in the folder with the game .exe, and it causes a crash w/ traceback file if I put it in the "game" folder.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I'm also having trouble with the patch installation. It doesn't change anything when I put it in the folder with the game .exe, and it causes a crash w/ traceback file if I put it in the "game" folder.
All patches belong in the 'game' folder. If you put it in the folder with the .exe it will never be seen.

I would try it again in the 'game' folder. Sometimes that error cleans itself up on the second attempt.

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
Real life mostly, though sometimes I do look up those facial expression sheets. I kinda like psychology, so for every line of dialogue, I think about what is being said, how it's being said, and how the person who's saying it is feeling, and I combine those into the facial expression for that line. Sometimes it's a combination of emotions, sometimes people are hiding how they feel inside, or sometimes their facial expression reveals the lies in their words. My hope is that I did a good enough job at the expressions that if a psychologist plays this game, they'd know exactly what's wrong and when someone's lying :LOL:
Now i know where I have to pick,to draw or model emotions for my future projects. ;)
Ps:Sorry for the late response

Reactions: Mimir's Lab

metadeos

Jan 23, 2018
All patches belong in the 'game' folder. If you put it in the folder with the .exe it will never be seen.

I would try it again in the 'game' folder. Sometimes that error cleans itself up on the second attempt.
Yeah, I figured it out - had to take the files located within the "win or linux" folder inside the patch and apply them to the 'game' folder itself. Was derping before lol

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes