4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

Deleted member 1465339

Donor
Jun 14, 2019
I talked to a couple of developers, and I'm obviously not saying any names because I don't want anyone to get in trouble. But from what they said, patreon has people searching through this forum to see if they can catch anyone breaking their TOS. That is why the devs don't really talk about the patches even outside of patreon.
This is exactly why Patreon needs to go as a platform for adult creators. Every time a company does this. They look the other way until they get big enough then all of a sudden they grow a conscience.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Changing a title to tenant or landlady doesn't follow any sort of progression, Catherines TENANT just got himself a JOB to help out around the house?
The last time I checked Tenants RENT rooms or apartments, meaning they pay the damn rent.
Next is a history teacher talking all about how the MC is the only male heir in his lineage, he recalls that his MOTHER has 2 SISTERS, she then thinks about how CARRIE is...alright never mind this is just bullshit.
Replacing a word doesn't change the narrative, it only makes it convoluted and confusing, try and alter the dialog next time to reflect that, instead of taking the quick and easy approach of replacing said name only.
OH and please put a posting on here for a decent translator.

Reactions: Gmandingo

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Really interesting game. Someone should clone this game and continue the story.
The problem with that is that they first would need to get the dev's green light to do that, and then they would need to know exactly how the story would progress, otherwise it wouldn't be C-Plan xD

Reactions: RedSignal

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Seems I missed the Patreon drama while I was away.

Not sure why the devs say they need a complete top-to-bottom overhaul to accommodate the no incest decree though as, IMO, this game is actually pretty easy to re-write by virtue of it actually having a proper plot and is not a "dad died and MC goes to live with mom and 2 sisters" game which has no story other than the incest. e.g:

A coven of three witches are aware of the MC's bloodline and believes he is "the one." As such, one of them moves her family into a duplex with the MC's to keep close tabs. MC gets very close to her growing up and she becomes like a surrogate mom to him. When the time comes, one sis sends the crystal thingamagig over and off we go. Pretty much the entire plot, every character model etc. can be retained as is. I'd argue that it will even make certain elements stronger e.g. The plan to completely humiliate "dad" by the "aunt" seeing as he was never abusive to you or "mom" but just strayed is a bit OTT. If he is just the husband of someone you care about rather than your actual dad, then by all means.

Not great, but I just came up with that on the fly for minimalist intrusion. I'm sure the devs can write better (and there are plenty of modders completely unattached to Patreon/the devs around who can "unofficially" patch this version back for those that want it.)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Seems I missed the Patreon drama while I was away.

Not sure why the devs say they need a complete top-to-bottom overhaul to accommodate the no incest decree though as, IMO, this game is actually pretty easy to re-write by virtue of it actually having a proper plot and is not a "dad died and MC goes to live with mom and 2 sisters" game which has no story other than the incest. e.g:

A coven of three witches are aware of the MC's bloodline and believes he is "the one." As such, one of them moves her family into a duplex with the MC's to keep close tabs. MC gets very close to her growing up and she becomes like a surrogate mom to him. When the time comes, one sis sends the crystal thingamagig over and off we go. Pretty much the entire plot, every character model etc. can be retained as is. I'd argue that it will even make certain elements stronger e.g. The plan to completely humiliate "dad" by the "aunt" seeing as he was never abusive to you or "mom" but just strayed is a bit OTT. If he is just the husband of someone you care about rather than your actual dad, then by all means.

Not great, but I just came up with that on the fly for minimalist intrusion. I'm sure the devs can write better (and there are plenty of modders completely unattached to Patreon/the devs around who can "unofficially" patch this version back for those that want it.)
Yeah, but if it is too easy to make an incest mod then the devs are going to have Patreon all over them again since they made the mistake of rewriting it once before and pointing people to the incest mod. At this point if there's any chance that there is an easy/simple way to make the game incest then it could cause Patreon to once again come down on them.

What I don't understand, perhaps it has been addressed by the dev team before, is why they don't move to Subscribestar? Make a few public announcements on adult game websites about the move and then do it. No need to rewrite to comply with Patreon/Paypal/Mastercard (the latter two being the main reason for the incest ban). Sure they won't receive as much support but after this long without content I can't imagine that they have a lot of money coming in via Patreon.

Reactions: AdamJohn36

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
Yeah, but if it is too easy to make an incest mod then the devs are going to have Patreon all over them again since they made the mistake of rewriting it once before and pointing people to the incest mod. At this point if there's any chance that there is an easy/simple way to make the game incest then it could cause Patreon to once again come down on them.

What I don't understand, perhaps it has been addressed by the dev team before, is why they don't move to Subscribestar? Make a few public announcements on adult game websites about the move and then do it. No need to rewrite to comply with Patreon/Paypal/Mastercard (the latter two being the main reason for the incest ban). Sure they won't receive as much support but after this long without content I can't imagine that they have a lot of money coming in via Patreon.
Yep, I honestly will never put my game on Patreon because of their censorship towards incest. Subscribestar I might but I still haven't decided if I will monetize it. I hope that these developers do put it on Subscribestar their game has an interesting premise and censoring is never the best way to go. It can prevent creativeness ultimately they would not be making the game they want to make.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
I guess I missed this. You mean that Patreon will now take down a game if someone not associated with it creates a mod and makes it available to people somewhere else? Do they rely on someone to narc about it, or are they actively hunting places like this?

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I guess I missed this. You mean that Patreon will now take down a game if someone not associated with it creates a mod and makes it available to people somewhere else? Do they rely on someone to narc about it, or are they actively hunting places like this?
it shouldnt be that way, yet.
the dev cant be responsible if some second/third party is modding his game, as long as he doesnt involve himself there.
devs here made huge mistake as they actively promoted incest-mode, linking the dl for it on their patreon page.
yet the witch-hunt is one of main hobbies for many people, so further "development" in patreon-rules could be expected.

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
Yeah, I really like this game, the "mom" model is great, interesting plot, and the MC is likable rather than a creeper. Hope to see it survive.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
it shouldnt be that way, yet.
the dev cant be responsible if some second/third party is modding his game, as long as he doesnt involve himself there.
devs here made huge mistake as they actively promoted incest-mode, linking the dl for it on their patreon page.
yet the witch-hunt is one of main hobbies for many people, so further "development" in patreon-rules could be expected.
What happened, as I understand it, was that they complied but made it easy to make a mod for the game so someone could add incest. Then instead of disassociating themselves from incest content the developers instead posted a link to the incest mod on their Patreon (not the mod itself but a link to the website where it was hosted). I don't know if they created the incest mod themselves or not but by linking to it they drew Patreons attention once again.

I've seen varying reports of how Patreon will handle incest content, I've had various people say that Patreon is being forced to police incest content by Paypal and Mastercard. I don't know how true that last part really is...If the game is programmed to allow easy modding to add incest I've heard that Patreon will crack down on the game developers. But that mostly Patreon only cracks down when someone brings it to their attention. All of this is rumors as I don't know if Patreon has made an official statement regarding any of this. I do know that originally they were fine with the content as long as it was fiction (it might still be in the "what is acceptable" list) but obviously that has changed.

Regardless, the developers could avoid all of this by switching to Subscribestar or by not trying to monetize at all.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes