4.20 star(s) 25 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Their patreon has it listed on-hold now under the description. but given it has been almost a year probably not worth changing the status giving false hope. I'll leave that up to you.

note: the description says it was updated 22nd september. (probably was put on hold then, but still no actual posts since july).
Status wouldn't be changed anyway, devs have to request the on hold tag.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I was just wondering yesterday what had happened to this game. Well, SHIT! Sadly, another promising game bites the dust.
Yep. This was one of my most anticipated games, too. I was really into the plot and characters and then, well, Patreon is a bunch of hypocritical douches. Anyway, they still say it's on hold. They are going to continue using Ren'Py (unless they change their minds), but they have to do a complete rewrite . . . so who knows how long that may take them. They have a lot going on IRL too, IIRC, so it may be a while yet. Hopefully they don't give up entirely, though. They had a real talent for writing and rendering.

Reactions: Walter Victor

rooney10

Apr 29, 2018
REALLY dissappointed this one died on the vine. Just goes to show you "potential" is the most overused and abused word on this forum.

Reactions: PalmFace

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yep. This was one of my most anticipated games, too. I was really into the plot and characters and then, well, Patreon is a bunch of hypocritical douches. Anyway, they still say it's on hold. They are going to continue using Ren'Py (unless they change their minds), but they have to do a complete rewrite . . . so who knows how long that may take them. They have a lot going on IRL too, IIRC, so it may be a while yet. Hopefully they don't give up entirely, though. They had a real talent for writing and rendering.
Honestly, they should just do an entirely new game. They rewrite this and every motherloving son is going to flood the thread whining about the fact that the game is not the incest-fest it was before. Better to put something out there to satisfy the fans and then circle back to this game, or just leave Patreon and go to Subscribestar, don’t rewrite anything, and keep going.

The fact that we don’t hear anything from them makes me wonder if they just quit instead.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
just leave Patreon and go to Subscribestar, don’t rewrite anything, and keep going.
This, for sure. It's far less effort to set up a Subscribestar account and move their game there than trying to rewrite the whole thing. They could also reach out the patrons they have already and inform them of the move. They then could either shut down their Patreon page or have it inactive until their next game, which they could do as a MILF-fest instead of focusing on incest. So, finish C-Plan and then have the next game on both sites and no incest. I get that incest is a fetish for many people, but if they don't want to give up their Patreon account, they need to shift gears instead of rewriting what was a solid game.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
This, for sure. It's far less effort to set up a Subscribestar account and move their game there than trying to rewrite the whole thing. They could also reach out the patrons they have already and inform them of the move. They then could either shut down their Patreon page or have it inactive until their next game, which they could do as a MILF-fest instead of focusing on incest. So, finish C-Plan and then have the next game on both sites and no incest. I get that incest is a fetish for many people, but if they don't want to give up their Patreon account, they need to shift gears instead of rewriting what was a solid game.
That's more or less what Mr. Dots did with Dating My Daughter, removed it from Patreon, and started their new game, Melody, on Patreon, which contained no incest at all. To let people know what was happening, they MSG'd their fans, using their Patron subscriber list. They alternated between the two games until Melody was finished. Then they started up Sunshine Love on Patreon. This latest one does contain incest, but only if you use the patch, which someone [who knows who?] has sneakily provided outside of Patreon. They are still working on Dating My Daughter, but cannot refer to it on Patreon.

Jonboy72

Jun 20, 2018
Just got this game and thought it was good looking forward to seeing what happens in the future and I find it is abandoned

• Sad
Reactions: sdibolcrif

cooldude_xs

Feb 16, 2019
I Really Wish the Dev would continue with this amazing project. This game was amazing, with stunning women...... Please continue with this and also develop newer better projects with more contents

Reactions: B-52reloaded

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
after patreon slammed this developer you could see it would be abandoned. to bad though it was fun while it lasted.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
I Really Wish the Dev would continue with this amazing project. This game was amazing, with stunning women...... Please continue with this and also develop newer better projects with more contents
after patreon slammed this developer you could see it would be abandoned. to bad though it was fun while it lasted.
Yeah, it was pretty obvious when they said something about reworking the story and got the overwhelming response that removing the incest would be an instant deal breaker.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah, it was pretty obvious when they said something about reworking the story and got the overwhelming response that removing the incest would be an instant deal breaker.
Thing is, removing the incest would still have got them more than abandoning it completely.

They would still have had a player base and it would still have made money, not as much but there are still plenty of us willing to pay for a game without incest there is enough proof of that around.

As it stands it's dead in the water and i'd rather see them try without incest than give up completely.

Other plans can always be made while development is ongoing, where there is a will and all that jazz.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Thing is, removing the incest would still have got them more than abandoning it completely.

They would still have had a player base and it would still have made money, not as much but there are still plenty of us willing to pay for a game without incest there is enough proof of that around.

As it stands it's dead in the water and i'd rather see them try without incest than give up completely.

Other plans can always be made while development is ongoing, where there is a will and all that jazz.
Be that a wonderful ideal as it may, it was noted as one of the reasons for their uncertainty continuing the project while they were expressing uncertainty about continuing the project, and the voices they heard expressing positivity toward a non-cest rework were vastly lower in quantity than those expressing negativity for it.

Sure, it would have made money, but perhaps a token amount to which "plenty" is... well, clearly not as debatable as you think it is. I won't criticize you for thinking it was more viable than they did though. After all you'd rather see them try without incest than to give up completely.

Not that anything changes how predictable the move was considering they don't seem to have considered the other option of going subscribestar instead of Patreon even after having been told of that option. Giving up is surprisingly frequently the go to response to adversity.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Be that a wonderful ideal as it may, it was noted as one of the reasons for their uncertainty continuing the project while they were expressing uncertainty about continuing the project, and the voices they heard expressing positivity toward a non-cest rework were vastly lower in quantity than those expressing negativity for it.

Sure, it would have made money, but perhaps a token amount to which "plenty" is... well, clearly not as debatable as you think it is. I won't criticize you for thinking it was more viable than they did though. After all you'd rather see them try without incest than to give up completely.
Well lets use some actual common sense....

Right now they are getting nothing.

Remove cest they get something.....

Token amount?

Considering the popularity this had, and whether you want to admit or not even incest fans would still play it not all of them are foolish enough to ignore a good story just because they removed 1 part of it.

That said it would gain a player base and lets also consider there are games without incest earning anywhere between 5 to 15k a month i'd hardly call that a "token amount" considering right now they are earning zero.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Well lets use some actual common sense....

Right now they are getting nothing.

Remove cest they get something.....

Token amount?
Ya know... less than what's required to pay the bills. And interestingly you didn't actually supply common sense with those remarks.

Considering the popularity this had, and whether you want to admit or not even incest fans would still play it not all of them are foolish enough to ignore a good story just because they removed 1 part of it.
And you neither supplied common sense nor pragmatic truth with those remarks

That said it would gain a player base and lets also consider there are games without incest earning anywhere between 5 to 15k a month i'd hardly call that a "token amount" considering right now they are earning zero.
You can't say for sure you know they're earning zero, what you can say is that you aren't seeing cash flow related to this project. As you noted, the world's a lot bigger than one game. More to the point, the world is a lot bigger than gaming. I know I have no idea what they're doing, other than the fact that since some of those initial very bad knee jerk reactions, it's not this.

All nice and wonderfully idealistic remarks all around, but not pragmatically relevant considering the turn of events.

OutOfFuxs2Give

Ex-Triple A Game Developer Now Lawyer
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
Ya know... less than what's required to pay the bills. And interestingly you didn't actually supply common sense with those remarks.

And you neither supplied common sense nor pragmatic truth with those remarks

You can't say for sure you know they're earning zero, what you can say is that you aren't seeing cash flow related to this project. As you noted, the world's a lot bigger than one game. More to the point, the world is a lot bigger than gaming. I know I have no idea what they're doing, other than the fact that since some of those initial very bad knee jerk reactions, it's not this.

All nice and wonderfully idealistic remarks all around, but not pragmatically relevant considering the turn of events.
I'm going to say they are getting nothing because I was a patreon and they suspend it. the discord has went silent and unless they formed a brand new team then they are done developing.

Reactions: Abhai
4.20 star(s) 25 Votes