mlurker

Nov 19, 2020
Can all the puzzle dungeons please be skippable? I'm on my 2nd playthrough since I lost my data and I dread to go through all 5 dungeons again. The fact that its not skippable is also preventing me from trying out other routes. Please make them skippable.

Also will it be possible to refuse when the queen of hearts forces you to make her client comfortable? Would appreciate if thats a choice. Replace by eating her out instead.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I think I'll eventually make the dungeons skippable. There is actually an option to skip the first temple in the debug tool, but it's honestly annoying to sift through a dungeon to copy-paste anything relevant, so I've been pushing it back. It's also easy to miss something and cause bugs, and people still need to go through the dungeon to collect the items from the chests (I'd rather not award them automatically for a number of reasons).

Maybe the best thing to do is add an option to skip the individual puzzles, instead.

Sonya can't be refused at that point, I think it makes sense within her path. Is there a particular reason why you want that one to be avoidable?

mlurker

Nov 19, 2020
It's only really a personal preference because I only tilt towards girls. Don't really want my playthrough with any scenes with guys. In the noble storyline I used the black market medicine to shoot up my willpower to refuse the noble's offer for his vote. Though now seeing the h-scene guide more it looks like there's more content like that in Sonya's quest line so it doesn't seem possible to avoid it. Glad her without charm path doesn't have any of it.

Skippable puzzles sounds good.

Also , Great game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gigalomaniac

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
It's only really a personal preference because I only tilt towards girls. Don't really want my playthrough with any scenes with guys. In the noble storyline I used the black market medicine to shoot up my willpower to refuse the noble's offer for his vote. Though now seeing the h-scene guide more it looks like there's more content like that in Sonya's quest line so it doesn't seem possible to avoid it. Glad her without charm path doesn't have any of it.

Skippable puzzles sounds good.

Also , Great game.
I see. Yeah, Sonya wants to use you to her advantage in certain situations, so the charm path has you more involved with her customers, so to speak.

I'll try to take some time this month, and see if a puzzle skipper is a reasonable compromise (I'll probably make it an option you can activate from the debug tool). It might still be a while before it finally makes it into the game for all the temples, assuming I think it won't take too much time (I tend to value adding more content above tweaks like these, unless they are quick to add).

Glad you like the game! ^_^

mlurker

Nov 19, 2020
Yeah that would be great and I couldn't agree more about how important it is to actually add content instead of just tweaking old content. There are so many games here with changelogs being 90% fixes and tweaks and actual content for 2mins.

Reactions: mdqp

AlphaOmega47

Jan 5, 2019
Does anyone know what the third research topic is? it is driving me nuts. it's the one between "Two needles" and "Healing potions", if anyone could let me know that would be great.

Also I have been playing chess against the General in the palace but it says I need another resource to beat him, anyone know what the resource is? I thought that might have been the research topic but none of the keywords I've tried have worked

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Does anyone know what the third research topic is? it is driving me nuts. it's the one between "Two needles" and "Healing potions", if anyone could let me know that would be great.

Also I have been playing chess against the General in the palace but it says I need another resource to beat him, anyone know what the resource is? I thought that might have been the research topic but none of the keywords I've tried have worked

The missing topic is just an Easter egg of some sorts, it has no bearing on the game (search "Lilith"). I probably just added it because I was playing Bloodlines or something at the time. XD

You can't beat the General yet, I still need to add more to the event, sorry about that.

D

Deleted member 2910131

Is there something else I'm supossed to do to be able to go to chapter 6 or is it not in the game yet?

Darkarhon

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
During the quest "The Devil's in the details" (chapter 5) by following the walkthrough it says jump to the nearest roof in step 5... i cant jump to any roof..

EDIT: nevermind i was being dumb and forgot to interact with the door first.

Last edited:

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Great game as always l,Would be interesting to see more scenes involving Rosa, I really like that Fox girl
I am sure I could add something more with her, but there is a lot to do already, so we'll see if I can sneak her in or not. It seems like no matter how much I add to the game, the "to-do" list never gets any shorter. XD

Just downloaded, looking good so far!!
Glad you are enjoying it so far! ^_^

Kanayame

Feb 1, 2018
Started playing this game recently and am really enjoying it. The writing is great, the H-scenes are well done and I also thoroughly enjoy the gameplay itself. Always loved puzzles and much prefer them over having to grind in battle, so well done! I think my personal favorite one so far was the story involving the two guardian sisters and the statues blocking a treasure in Temple 2.

Appreciate your work and look forward to your continued work on this project, mdqp. Also hope there is some additional scenes planned in near future updates with Jin. Would love to see just how far the role reversal continues!

Reactions: Ekcho666 and mdqp

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Started playing this game recently and am really enjoying it. The writing is great, the H-scenes are well done and I also thoroughly enjoy the gameplay itself. Always loved puzzles and much prefer them over having to grind in battle, so well done! I think my personal favorite one so far was the story involving the two guardian sisters and the statues blocking a treasure in Temple 2.

Appreciate your work and look forward to your continued work on this project, mdqp. Also hope there is some additional scenes planned in near future updates with Jin. Would love to see just how far the role reversal continues!
Glad you are liking the whole package! I think puzzles are a nice fit for RPG Maker. Having repetitive battles is no fun for me, that's why I tried to avoid certain things. I do wish I had spent more time planning the combat though, it's a little too limited in its current form.

We should get a little more content with Jin, to wrap things up for his path, as well as some content for a path where you "tame" him a little (although this one is low priority, so it might get axed if the game is taking too long to wrap up).

BlinkyThe2nd

Jan 30, 2018
When the game finishes (and I'm looking forward to it), I wonder if we'll have the option to settle down after completing the main storyline.

Reactions: Ekcho666

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
When the game finishes (and I'm looking forward to it), I wonder if we'll have the option to settle down after completing the main storyline.
I am not 100% sure how I want to resolve the various love and/or mind control relationships you have. For some, I'll probably force a resolution before the last chapter (for example, you feel the urge to either be a good cowgirl, or risk your life to save your uncle, so the players decide if they want to see the Zanti ending, or proceed with the final chapter and the "regular" ending once they are done with it), but not all of them are so clear cut, so it will take some consideration.

Reactions: jojf

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
If you cleared the gold mine, one of the miners who works there lost something (a ring). If you get it back to him (the ring is sitting in a small water pool inside the mine), he'll confess he doesn't much like his current job, and you can try to recruit him for the lighthouse.

I might add more ways to get a worker for it in the future, but for now that's the only way.
mdqp So I have a bit of a problem with this quest. You offered 2 options to recruit someone for the lighthouse:
1 - The miner. Problem: I talked to him before the lightouse was repaired so the only option I had was to offer him a job at the manor, where he is working now taking care of the flowers.
2 - Talking to the captain to be introduced to a sailor. Problem: I did the quest "Investigating the captain" already, so the captain is gone. My new captain is Ariel.
So I'm left with no option to recruit someone and can't complete the quest.

Edit: not the same captain, got it.

Last edited:

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
mdqp So I have a bit of a problem with this quest. You offered 2 options to recruit someone for the lighthouse:
1 - The miner. Problem: I talked to him before the lightouse was repaired so the only option I had was to offer him a job at the manor, where he is working now taking care of the flowers.
2 - Talking to the captain to be introduced to a sailor. Problem: I did the quest "Investigating the captain" already, so the captain is gone. My new captain is Ariel.
So I'm left with no option to recruit someone and can't complete the quest.

Edit: not the same captain, got it.
Yeah, sorry about the confusion. Did everything work out as intended?

Reactions: Tomy75

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
mdqp yes perfectly!

Now I'm trying to figure out the switches and variables for the vampire path. Let me explain:
I've been milked a couple times only at the farm, I've not been through the whole cowgirl chain of events.
I've reset the cowgirl events to zero (variable 16 and switch 13), but I still can't talk to Beatrix in the pub:

image_2020-12-11_125436.png

Any help would be greatly appeciated as I don't like the cowgirl path, would much prefer the vampire path without restarting the whole game. If you need my save, I'll pm it to you. Thank you :)

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes