mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I completed Turning A New Leaf a coupla quests ago, but it's still white/listed under "Active Quests". Is this a bug or is there something else I need to do that isn't listed yet?
Since I am considering adding more to the quest, I didn't mark it as finished for the moment, although you (probably) saw all there is to it for now.

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
It's hidden in the military outpost. I'll give you 2 hints, hopefully this is enough. You need to find a code in the barracks (if you haven't already), and you need to search carefully an empty room in the outpost.
I'm having problems of finding it, it has been several months since the last time I played that version, a bit of a help please? ^_^

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
You said it is where the military outpost is, but where is that though? The name and places of things of it please?
Oh, okay, I didn't think you hadn't recognized the name. Exit Tarkas and follow the road to the north, then go west. The road is blocked by the military outpost (you need a merchant pass to enter, which you can acquire from chapter 2 onward, either buying it from the Imperial Office in Tarkas, or by completing the quest "Sacred Cows" from Kira successfully).

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
Both games use the same DLC art for a few characters, back when I first started I thought I'd be the only one, but eventually someone else picked these up (they do look pretty good, so I can see why).

I should probably update Belthazar's list of spells, eventually, but he is indeed powerful, although he tends to get confused (to put it mildly).

Do you mean the walkthrough is messy? That's kind of true, especially since many people put it together. If you find something that should be fixed, let me know, and I'll try to update it.
for the dlc, i had a hunch it would be something like that, too many of them for it to be a coincidence, too bad i did not see them here first as it honestly ruin the mood for me, still enjoyed the game but for all those who have played both game THEN this one they'll surely get that "wrongness", having me and those in mind, customizing them should be enough even if i get how it could sting as the dev to change them to not get similar reflection as mine :S not up to me and game is great anyway ^^

i thought it was funny that he had only one spell as ... he is confused, made me imagine he's grown senile and forgot other spell as much as he made me think of megumin and other villager in the red demon village of konosuba (legend of crimson something) :X the spell may be too weak for his level as a mage, i only saw two scene with him, is there any background story for him or is he just some recuring joke without anything deeper ?

for the ggdoc, i don't know about error realy, but still there's some missing stuff as i don't remember seeing belthazar the second meeting or the mention of the werewolf rejecting the blackjack ... and my rant about it being a crime against comon sense is just that it felt strange that it wasn't organised by chapter (the temple aslo ><) and made scroll back and forth when i was choosing how the story would unfold

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
for the dlc, i had a hunch it would be something like that, too many of them for it to be a coincidence, too bad i did not see them here first as it honestly ruin the mood for me, still enjoyed the game but for all those who have played both game THEN this one they'll surely get that "wrongness", having me and those in mind, customizing them should be enough even if i get how it could sting as the dev to change them to not get similar reflection as mine :S not up to me and game is great anyway ^^

i thought it was funny that he had only one spell as ... he is confused, made me imagine he's grown senile and forgot other spell as much as he made me think of megumin and other villager in the red demon village of konosuba (legend of crimson something) :X the spell may be too weak for his level as a mage, i only saw two scene with him, is there any background story for him or is he just some recuring joke without anything deeper ?

for the ggdoc, i don't know about error realy, but still there's some missing stuff as i don't remember seeing belthazar the second meeting or the mention of the werewolf rejecting the blackjack ... and my rant about it being a crime against comon sense is just that it felt strange that it wasn't organised by chapter (the temple aslo ><) and made scroll back and forth when i was choosing how the story would unfold
Yeah, it's unfortunate that someone eventually decided to pick up the same DLC for a public project, but at this point it would be too messy to swap out the various characters. I also use some free resources anyway, so it's not as if there aren't more games around with some sprites, portraits and so on shared. Especially when I first started, I had a small budget, and generally I am trying to not spend too much money on assets (although I regret not commissioning more custom pixelart in places).

Just pretend he temporarily forgot. Eventually I'll add more spells for him, but since he doesn't fight, I wasn't in a hurry to pick a good list of spells. There is a bit of a story behind him AND he is also a recurring joke. If I have enough time, I'll eventually explore more about his backstory in the game.

The second encounter with Belthazar is indeed part of the walkthrough, maybe at the time it wasn't there yet? I only update the walkthrough after a release. I did forget to include the werewolf bit, however, so I'll edit the entry for the blackjack table.

Maybe calling it a walkthrough isn't appropriate then. The guide is more meant to be a "how do I get past this point where I got stuck" than a "let me guide you step by step through the whole game". Since the game is non-linear in many ways, going for the second approach was probably going to be messy anyway.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
Yeah, it's unfortunate that someone eventually decided to pick up the same DLC for a public project, but at this point it would be too messy to swap out the various characters. I also use some free resources anyway, so it's not as if there aren't more games around with some sprites, portraits and so on shared. Especially when I first started, I had a small budget, and generally I am trying to not spend too much money on assets (although I regret not commissioning more custom pixelart in places).

Just pretend he temporarily forgot. Eventually I'll add more spells for him, but since he doesn't fight, I wasn't in a hurry to pick a good list of spells. There is a bit of a story behind him AND he is also a recurring joke. If I have enough time, I'll eventually explore more about his backstory in the game.

The second encounter with Belthazar is indeed part of the walkthrough, maybe at the time it wasn't there yet? I only update the walkthrough after a release. I did forget to include the werewolf bit, however, so I'll edit the entry for the blackjack table.

Maybe calling it a walkthrough isn't appropriate then. The guide is more meant to be a "how do I get past this point where I got stuck" than a "let me guide you step by step through the whole game". Since the game is non-linear in many ways, going for the second approach was probably going to be messy anyway.
calling either of them a public project feel wrong as one is a completed game and the other a long lasting project but i do understand the frustration of sharing ressource with other game, just though that my first comment would be ignored and decided that throwing some sugestion would be more polite than just saying the ressources are used somewhere else

i have the bad habit to poke everywhere i can poke to understand the story and characters better so seeing his stats/gear and spells was my idea to try to understand if he was realy a joke or the futur magic teacher/mentor that was disguising himself as a senile old man to test her and that depending on our choices he'll either perv on her or teach her ...

yep just saw the no town for old men (chapter 1 quest put in between chapter 3 quest put after chapter 4 and 5 quest ><)

no problem with calling it a walkthrough a guide or what ever you want my rant was about the quest not being in order by chapter ^^, i did not take the walkthrough for something that would walk me through the game step by step (it would be too literal ><) but as information as to how to get the most dialogue in the scene that interest me and no or less dialogue from the scene that don't interest me or that i dislike ^^ (the game not being linear would just mean that people would need a walkthrough by either faction/fetish and would be done with it, they still would need the quest to be in order to not miss them and get the best of the story inside them)

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Well, you know what I mean. I expect several people bought the DLC, but very few hobbyists release their games, so it's been pretty rare to see assets I use in other games. It doesn't bother me, although I get a lot of people warning me about potential "stolen assets", so I have had to explain the DLC thing a few times. XD

I guess that's something to keep in mind, and maybe I can re-organize the current one into chapters, for ease of use, although I loath working on the walkthrough any more than I strictly need to (it's just boring busywork, pretty much).

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
Well, you know what I mean. I expect several people bought the DLC, but very few hobbyists release their games, so it's been pretty rare to see assets I use in other games. It doesn't bother me, although I get a lot of people warning me about potential "stolen assets", so I have had to explain the DLC thing a few times. XD

I guess that's something to keep in mind, and maybe I can re-organize the current one into chapters, for ease of use, although I loath working on the walkthrough any more than I strictly need to (it's just boring busywork, pretty much).
using katakura hibiki's dlc and hopping for people to not upload game with them is a bit ...

the walkthrough (no liretal meaning itended) is ok the way it is in general i think, it's just that the quest are not in any kind of logical order making people that use it the way it's not intended scroll their life away to prepare the perfect run for their taste (i hope we are not too much that could lead to legal problem down the road if too many people scroll their life away ><)

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I have spent years observing this game from afar. it's time to find out how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Well, you can go on a date with one of the girls to see the rabbits, but you don't bring any measuring tools, so it remains a mystery...

Joking aside, I hope you'll have fun. XD

liaus

Nov 3, 2020
Sorry for my question, more no see in Walkthrough about temple 4, where how do puzzle of "use your powers, and no barrier shall stop you" i triied to all my spells but nothing.
i did part mouse with ice statue and 3 crystal green

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Sorry for my question, more no see in Walkthrough about temple 4, where how do puzzle of "use your powers, and no barrier shall stop you" i triied to all my spells but nothing.
i did part mouse with ice statue and 3 crystal green
The hint is probably a bit vague, but it's just there to encourage you to use your transformations to enter the areas to the east and to the west (solving the puzzle on the "mouse side" and the puzzle on the "fish side"). Once you solve both puzzles, the doors will open. The walkthrough explains as much, I thought.

liaus

Nov 3, 2020
The hint is probably a bit vague, but it's just there to encourage you to use your transformations to enter the areas to the east and to the west (solving the puzzle on the "mouse side" and the puzzle on the "fish side"). Once you solve both puzzles, the doors will open. The walkthrough explains as much, I thought.
thanks so i think my problem are with the crystals even painting the 3 green I have to exit the screen using the x button, and I can always go back to them to do something new, something that doesn't happen in others puzzles, this same problem also occurs in the gears of war where I press the 1, 2 and 5 buttons, but I don't finish the first part os puzzle

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
thanks so i think my problem are with the crystals even painting the 3 green I have to exit the screen using the x button, and I can always go back to them to do something new, something that doesn't happen in others puzzles, this same problem also occurs in the gears of war where I press the 1, 2 and 5 buttons, but I don't finish the first part os puzzle
That puzzle room contains a hint (a riddle). You must set the first crystal to blue, the second to yellow and the last one to green, in order to solve this puzzle.

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes