Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I did change artist compared to the original guy, because he wanted more time to work on his own projects (basically, he didn't want to do nearly as much commission work anymore).

If you mean that the same artist is doing a worse job compared to when he first started, I wouldn't say so, although he does more commissions for me compared to when he first started.
No, not worse I just noticed the art wasn't the same quality as the previous artist. I was just wondering why there was a change.

From what I've observed from other games, it seems tough to find an artist from start too finish of a game without the artist wanting to do something else, losing interest or demanding more money.

Its good for the artist since the game more then likely made them popular, but I would like to see them stick with the developer and finish the artwork. That's just how I feel about it, but I'm not disappointed by the current artist work.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
it seems tough to find an artist from start too finish of a game
Considering how long it takes to complete these indie games, if their devs even manage to complete them in the first place, is it really such a big surprise? Nobody will want to wait for yo slo'ass for a decade. :giggle: :coffee:

Reactions: taglag

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
No, not worse I just noticed the art wasn't the same quality as the previous artist. I was just wondering why there was a change.

From what I've observed from other games, it seems tough to find an artist from start too finish of a game without the artist wanting to do something else, losing interest or demanding more money.

Its good for the artist since the game more then likely made them popular, but I would like to see them stick with the developer and finish the artwork. That's just how I feel about it, but I'm not disappointed by the current artist work.
I was a bit "unfortunate", since the guy I was working with had his own Patreon, plus a publishing deal in France for a (non-adult) short manga, and then he decided he wanted to try making his own adult manga on Patreon. I think he finished to write the non-adult stuff by now (I'd have to ask him if he is still busy with that), but obviously he had too much on his plate, and bulk commission work probably felt the most expendable of the bunch. Working for me meant not working for his own projects, in the end.

I am not sure he gained much notoriety at all because of me, so I can't even claim he earned anything from working with me (except the commission pay, of course).

I will say, however, that it's hard to find an affordable artist, unless you have a big budget, and even then the stereotypes about artists being hard to work with aren't all unwarranted (there are of course still plenty of good people to work with, and sometimes it's just unfortunate circumstances screwing you over).

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I will say, however, that it's hard to find an affordable artist, unless you have a big budget, and even then the stereotypes about artists being hard to work with aren't all unwarranted (there are of course still plenty of good people to work with, and sometimes it's just unfortunate circumstances screwing you over).
Most of the popular 2d artists (if you go onto F95's main page and click on Comics & Stills you'll find some of them) there's also E-Hentai.com in which these same artists don't mind people posting their work which can be freely downloaded, seem easy going. But they seem to work on their own stuff, unless (as you say) someones willing to ante up some serious money for commissions.

The one site maybe developers can seek an artist(s), who's maybe looking for a few projects in order to get his or her name out there is Deviant Arts web site, but that would take time, time that wouldn't be used to continue developing the game. Or time the developer would rather use to take time for themselves.

Having said that, the other thing developers could do, (and I know supporters of games expect some type of favor from the developer) would be to ask fans/supporters to keep an eye out for artists.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Most of the popular 2d artists (if you go onto F95's main page and click on Comics & Stills you'll find some of them) there's also E-Hentai.com in which these same artists don't mind people posting their work which can be freely downloaded, seem easy going. But they seem to work on their own stuff, unless (as you say) someones willing to ante up some serious money for commissions.

The one site maybe developers can seek an artist(s), who's maybe looking for a few projects in order to get his or her name out there is Deviant Arts web site, but that would take time, time that wouldn't be used to continue developing the game. Or time the developer would rather use to take time for themselves.

Having said that, the other thing developers could do, (and I know supporters of games expect some type of favor from the developer) would be to ask fans/supporters to keep an eye out for artists.
Yeah, I kind of went through all the phases. Thankfully the new artist was recommended to me by my old one. We are also all italians, which helps a lot when describing the commission (I have had some real struggles with people who accept commissions in english, but can't really speak it).

That's why I am also very reluctant to search for new artists now. The ones I worked with for long are reliable and I have seen how things can go wrong (probably the worst one was the first guy I tried to hire for pixel art, english was his first language, but I still felt like we were aliens or something). As I mentioned, though, I don't want to make it sound all terrible, it's just that I have to see and handle things from my end, and that colours my perspective.

Anyway, art is the face of the game, but unless you really have a huge budget and a proper team, it can be hard to manage. Heck, even now it takes time for me to think of the scene, prepare some references and present all to the artist, and then there are further reviews during the various stages, so even when things go smoothly, there is a time commitment which increases with the number of commissions. Well, these are the challenges for a scrappy dev like me, it's all part of the job.

Zakmastermojo

Nov 12, 2017
Hey there guys, quick question, if I have the ghost and decided not to get rid of her, but I didn't get the exhibitionist trait. Do I have to wait a certain number of days before I get it.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Hey there guys, quick question, if I have the ghost and decided not to get rid of her, but I didn't get the exhibitionist trait. Do I have to wait a certain number of days before I get it.
Did you get the final scene with her, when the quest fails? It happens at night, so it might take a few days. Plus, if you retrieved her box, and use it to control/bargain with her, you don't get the trait, you only do that if she stays in control and the quest fails.

You can still get the trait if you go to the hypnotist at the circus, if that's the case.

Reactions: Zakmastermojo

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I don't use discord so I'll just leave a couple of bugs and a typo that I found, here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The emperor scene repeating all the time is fixed in version 0.991 (this month's patreon version).

The typo and the repair missing will be fixed in version 0.992 (unless a big issue comes up and I push a hotfix out earlier).

Thanks a lot for the report!

Jan 15, 2018
The emperor scene repeating all the time is fixed in version 0.991 (this month's patreon version).

The typo and the repair missing will be fixed in version 0.992 (unless a big issue comes up and I push a hotfix out earlier).

Thanks a lot for the report!
Will 0.992 be public?

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
any hint on how to get the scene in the third image of main page?
You mean, the one with the two (futa)nari? You must first be sent to Highrock (a village in the mountains) for an adventurers guild quest. Once the quest is over, you can visit the town the day after, and the two girls moved in the house near the south-east corner.

Will 0.992 be public?
All versions go public one month after their release, and the game updates every month (so right now 0.991 is the patrons-only version, and next month it will become public while 0.992 is the private one and so on).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Anonymous100

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
So i have never been good at puzzles and the one in the werewolf camp is getting on my nerves (*Attached in spoiler for a visual)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I am working on the Challenge of each of the available characters and the woman at the table mentioned it when I tried to challenge her but I am not sure on the objective here or what to do

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
So i have never been good at puzzles and the one in the werewolf camp is getting on my nerves (*Attached in spoiler for a visual)
I am working on the Challenge of each of the available characters and the woman at the table mentioned it when I tried to challenge her but I am not sure on the objective here or what to do
If you need some hints, the objective is to turn all the 6 buttons which change color to gray (a hint for this is with the "gems" below, which light up only when the corrisponding element becomes gray). You must do so within 4 moves (the 4 red gems light up whenever you push one of the buttons, and the puzzle resets when you reach the limit if the puzzle isn't solved).

The green buttons are also ones you can push, and they change the color of the corresponding row/column (the colors go cyan>>>red>>>gray and then back to cyan again).

I'll add a step-by step to the walkthrough, in case you or others might need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deathdawg

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
The step by step would be great as I have spent too long trying to get past that box that I lost interest in anything resembling a reward to make it worth it

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
The step by step would be great as I have spent too long trying to get past that box that I lost interest in anything resembling a reward to make it worth it
I added it to the walkthrough (the link is in the game's folder). Then either CTRL+F for werewolves, or scroll down (it's near the end, and there is a picture of the puzzlebox, should be easy to find).

Anonymous100

Jul 7, 2017
You mean, the one with the two (futa)nari? You must first be sent to Highrock (a village in the mountains) for an adventurers guild quest. Once the quest is over, you can visit the town the day after, and the two girls moved in the house near the south-east corner.

All versions go public one month after their release, and the game updates every month (so right now 0.991 is the patrons-only version, and next month it will become public while 0.992 is the private one and so on).
That's exactly the one I meant. Thank you

4.30 star(s) 43 Votes