mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Found a bug or glitch, I had Erica outside the city, entered the City to find a female warrior, and a male Mage in the center of the street arguing... Nothing went wrong, but if you follow the dialog... The Mage says he'll be at the guild, the female visits the bathhouse...

I went to the bathhouse, met up wit her..... You get 3 chooses when prompted, I chose to bath together, the other girl says about the water not being warm enough... When I try to exit the bath, a looped dialog continues so anytime you hit 'enter' the dialog just keeps showing up, hit f12 to reset and reload, this time I stayed in the bath and tried using 'cast fire' spell, but if the target zone goes outside or to the edge of the bath, the same thing happens.
Which version are you playing? This was fixed in the previous hotfix, so everything should be fine in the next release.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Which version are you playing?
0.81 I didn't see anything in the update section for the game after 0.81. So either the fix wasn't posted as an update or I missed it, if it was posted in this thread!

EDIT: I checked to OP and thats the version I downloaded and am currently playing. I didn't play the game from a fresh start since nothing has really been added prior to my save point. But at the same time I wonder if that's why the bug has shown up!

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
Your going to have to (if you can) tell your virus or malware program to ignore, you could (again if the options are there) to have it label those types of files under 'exception'.

Reactions: Ruodger

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
0.81 I didn't see anything in the update section for the game after 0.81. So either the fix wasn't posted as an update or I missed it, if it was posted in this thread!

EDIT: I checked to OP and thats the version I downloaded and am currently playing. I didn't play the game from a fresh start since nothing has really been added prior to my save point. But at the same time I wonder if that's why the bug has shown up!
Well, actually the 0.81 version isn't meant to be public, so I would be grateful if it wasn't spread around (I mean, the public version is actually just one month behind, are people that obsessed with my game that they can't wait for a month or become patrons?). I release hotfixes to take care of such issues, but I guess OP called it a day earlier than that (the most up-to-date version is 0.81b, which will likely go public today or tomorrow).

animelover96

Nov 26, 2017
(I mean, the public version is actually just one month behind, are people that obsessed with my game that they can't wait for a month or become patrons?)
You have no idea...

Plus, this update is one I've been waiting for for so long, my patience is basically all but destroyed. If I had the money, I would absolutely be a patron, as you're my favorite dev. As it stands, I just don't have the patience to wait an extra month for this one...>.<

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
@mdqp
You should ask the moderators to get you confirmed as a developer.
Do I get a cool hat if I do? :smileskisses:

You have no idea...

Plus, this update is one I've been waiting for for so long, my patience is basically all but destroyed. If I had the money, I would absolutely be a patron, as you're my favorite dev. As it stands, I just don't have the patience to wait an extra month for this one...>.<
Well, I guess it can actually happen. I didn't think it possible, though, I am used to waiting months myself. x'D

At least they should have posted the last hotfix, instead of the (very buggy) first release... Oh well, the hotfix now is public, anyway.

Reactions: Re-4Andrew

animelover96

Nov 26, 2017
Well, I guess it can actually happen. I didn't think it possible, though, I am used to waiting months myself. x'D

At least they should have posted the last hotfix, instead of the (very buggy) first release... Oh well, the hotfix now is public, anyway.
I've been following your stuff since TotDC was at like...version 0.5? 0.6? somewhere around there. You probably don't remember me, (as I was just an anonymous user,) but I used to talk to you in the comments of your blogspot page. You told me about Hypnopics and MotelS. XD

Also, I was referring to the current update. The one that came out today/last night. Typically, I like to wait for a few updates to come out between me playing a game again, that way I can see a bunch of new content at once. This is one time where I don't want to do that, though, because of what was added to this one. XD

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I've been following your stuff since TotDC was at like...version 0.5? 0.6? somewhere around there. You probably don't remember me, (as I was just an anonymous user,) but I used to talk to you in the comments of your blogspot page. You told me about Hypnopics and MotelS. XD

Also, I was referring to the current update. The one that came out today/last night. Typically, I like to wait for a few updates to come out between me playing a game again, that way I can see a bunch of new content at once. This is one time where I don't want to do that, though, because of what was added to this one. XD
Well, I DO remember talking about MotelS to somebody (MotelS never got finished, however :'().

Are you an Edith fan?

animelover96

Nov 26, 2017
Well, I DO remember talking about MotelS to somebody (MotelS never got finished, however :'().

Are you an Edith fan?
Yeah, it's sad that bob switched over to a new game while he was working on MotelS, but I can kind of understand why. People get burned out on ideas if they work on them for too long. I remember talking to you about the Malena update to TotDC too, and trying to give you some ideas for it, or something like that.

Yeah, as of right now, she's my favorite character in the game. When I heard you were finally adding on to her scenes, I was super excited. XD

Reactions: Gigalomaniac

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
0.81 getting released waaaaaayyyyy before it was suppose to be public would explain why that bugged appeared. Really the only bug I found, but again I didn't do a fresh star so I probably missed some other bugs.

If the games are appearing on pirated sites thats kind off 2 fold, 1, it means the game is popular, 2, it also means your not gaining donations from those leaking the game before it is to go public.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Yeah, it's sad that bob switched over to a new game while he was working on MotelS, but I can kind of understand why. People get burned out on ideas if they work on them for too long. I remember talking to you about the Malena update to TotDC too, and trying to give you some ideas for it, or something like that.

Yeah, as of right now, she's my favorite character in the game. When I heard you were finally adding on to her scenes, I was super excited. XD
Here is hoping I keep my track record intact, 3 games started, 3 games finished, with Caliross being the fourth one.

Mmmh, first Malena, now Edith? Do I see a pattern here? XD

0.81 getting released waaaaaayyyyy before it was suppose to be public would explain why that bugged appeared. Really the only bug I found, but again I didn't do a fresh star so I probably missed some other bugs.

If the games are appearing on pirated sites thats kind off 2 fold, 1, it means the game is popular, 2, it also means your not gaining donations from those leaking the game before it is to go public.
Well, it's more like every update is released earlier than it should. A monthly schedule leaves me with very little time to test. Often the last week of development goes in the final build almost completely blind. 0.81 had a really unfortunate last week, when I squeezed in some of the stuff at the last minute, so there were several problems.

I am just a little surprised about the whole pirated thing. As I said, I really didn't expect a need for pirating a game that goes public with a 30-days delay off of the Patreon version. I personally wouldn't even play the game more often than every 2-3 months, but I guess everyone is different.

Reactions: animelover96

animelover96

Nov 26, 2017
Here is hoping I keep my track record intact, 3 games started, 3 games finished, with Caliross being the fourth one.

Mmmh, first Malena, now Edith? Do I see a pattern here? XD
Indeed, Here's hoping. XD
I could tell you were getting a little burned out toward the end of TotDC 1, though.

Hey, I like what I like. XD

I am just a little surprised about the whole pirated thing. As I said, I really didn't expect a need for pirating a game that goes public with a 30-days delay off of the Patreon version. I personally wouldn't even play the game more often than every 2-3 months, but I guess everyone is different.
Yeah, like I said, I'm the same way. It's just that this update is something I've wanted for a while. XD

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I personally wouldn't even play the game more often than every 2-3 months, but I guess everyone is different.
I usually do that, most times when I check the 'latest update' post I scan thru for games I have and other games I maybe wasn't interested in. Depending on the Devs updates, IE, they redo the game or redo some structure changes! I'll download most latest updates but don't bother playing them, so buy the time the 3rd or 4th update is released I've already missed out on 2-4 months of play.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
anyway to make the game window larger without the resolution going bad?
You mean that you want to keep the aspect ratio? It's possible. Try playing around with the F5-F6 keys until you get the desired result. The game has a low resolution, however, so it sadly won't look great fullscreen, no matter what.

Reactions: worksop100
4.30 star(s) 43 Votes