mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Is it TotDC, Through hard-earned trust, Blanked or something else? :)
It's going to be TOTDC 2, since that one was always planned to continue. At some point, I was even planning on making it one big game, but RAGS can't handle games of that size without terrible slow downs (especially for saving/loading), so I opted for splitting it into 2 parts.

Reactions: Alicja Erberg

Alicja Erberg

Jun 28, 2017
It's going to be TOTDC 2, since that one was always planned to continue. At some point, I was even planning on making it one big game, but RAGS can't handle games of that size without terrible slow downs (especially for saving/loading), so I opted for splitting it into 2 parts.
What about graphics? Still Real life pictures?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
What does TOTDC stand for? I can't seem to find anywhere that mentions where I can find your old games, so leaving an acronym out of context like that is confusing and makes it difficult to look up.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
What does TOTDC stand for? I can't seem to find anywhere that mentions where I can find your old games, so leaving an acronym out of context like that is confusing and makes it difficult to look up.
It's Caliross in space with a garbage engine that's impossible to play without a walkthrough.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Tales of the Drunken Cowboy. Since it's a mouthful, I took to abbreviating it all the time. There is also a thread around here for the game (although I didn't start it, so I don't know if it's up-to-date or stuff like that). If you search "TOTDC" on google, you should get the wiki, I think.

I'll add my blog to my signature, so people can check it out, if they want to.

Jul 13, 2018
There is a bug that prevents me from advancing Family Matters still.

I have done the merchant slave path and whenever I enter the Slave Market in Rahib now, I get immediately sold off to the merchant again.

So I can't really complete the quest above.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
There is a bug that prevents me from advancing Family Matters still.

I have done the merchant slave path and whenever I enter the Slave Market in Rahib now, I get immediately sold off to the merchant again.

So I can't really complete the quest above.
Which version were you playing when you finished the merchant slave path? In theory, that bug is fixed in current versions of the game (I fixed it in version 0.94, if I remember correctly). If you want me to, you can send me the savefile, and I can fix it for you (or if you have a save from when you were a slave you can load it in the new version, and see if the problem persists).

Jul 13, 2018
Which version were you playing when you finished the merchant slave path? In theory, that bug is fixed in current versions of the game (I fixed it in version 0.94, if I remember correctly). If you want me to, you can send me the savefile, and I can fix it for you (or if you have a save from when you were a slave you can load it in the new version, and see if the problem persists).
That would be really sweet! Thank you. :)

It was in V 0.92 or something like it. Definitely before 0.94. Glad to know that it is fixed.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
That would be really sweet! Thank you. :)

It was in V 0.92 or something like it. Definitely before 0.94. Glad to know that it is fixed.
I always worry if I left some other way to trigger a bug after I fix it, so it's good to know this wasn't the case. XD

Here is the fixed save file. Have fun!

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
how do you unlock the ponygirl gaged scene's and gameplay?
First you need to do the 'Noblesse Oblige' mission, second mission for adventurer guild. Then go play blackjack in the slum to get enslaved. The will enable you to chose Pendleton as your owner.

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
Will this TOTDC game be anything like Caliross? I hope so.
Not too happy with RAGS engine, it's quite difficult to use without a proper walkthrough.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Will this TOTDC game be anything like Caliross? I hope so.
Not too happy with RAGS engine, it's quite difficult to use without a proper walkthrough.
Depends on what you like about Caliross. I am always the writer, so the sex scenes and general story telling should keep the same vibe (the protagonist of TOTDC is cockier than Erica, though). They are both "RPG-light", but Caliross tries to be like a mix of Zelda and open world RPG, while TOTDC attempts to be an adventure game + old bioware games (like Mass Effect, for example). I have a few ideas I want to try out in TOTDC 2 that come from Caliross, but they are different in the general approach. I also need to continue the story and have various consequences that have to play out based on the choices made in TOTDC 1(I will give players a default set of choices or a series of questions, if they can't or don't want to export the data from TOTDC 1), so there is some history there (or baggage, depending on how you look at it XD).

I think the RAGS engine's playability is down to experience. If you ever get enough experience with it or with how old text adventures work, it becomes second nature to navigate. I actually enjoy the engine quite a bit (both as a player and a developer, despite the limits and the bugs), but it's definitely not for everyone.

XziebertX

Jan 24, 2018
how to get the Keiko, the Countess, and the Elize got enslaved by the Zenti Farm?

maan next update is the GL update... I can't wait for that one... (I hope it have CK2 castle town like upgrade XD)
(also waiting for Zanti Farm to make a move to enslave the entire female cast there lol...)

ohh yeah I got another wave of advise for ya (ohh and some question):
1. More Slave and allow your slave to be transferred into your mansion or following you around (but not as combatant (to reduce the negative from camping outside)... or just allow us to train them to fight so they can help us fight in our quest, except in dungeon where they will wait outside or in the bar (the last dungeon one))
2. Allow your carriage that you bought to go to any place you want (I mean a Countess shouldn't walk around with her own feet...)
3. Make a home for Elize in GL (so even after we reject her we can still take her path later on)
4. Allow us to make a harem (yep... I wanna make my girl have a harem of girls...) and let them live under one roof (your mansion)
5. Underground Secret Prison in the Mansion for your dangerous personal 'criminal' (or just playing around with your slave)
6. Make an affection meters so we can know how far our progress with certain cast
7. Mansion need more staff (I mean three people is not enough there...)
8. Mansion also need more improvement (it need to be tied down with the demesne prosperity so we can have a castle if we got a high enough presperity (to make it into castle town)...
9. Zanti's Revenge? (we close their farm down so I hope they will take revange to both Merchants and the player)
10. Let us hire the Zanti's Maid without accepting their investment (this can be tied with Zanti's Revenge so they can act as a spy or even capture us in our sleep if we make a wrong move like not hiring a guard or drink some dangerous stuff or lose to some kidnapper that enter your mansion)
11. Noble Enslavement? (got captured by enemy's faction or got captured by barbarian style fall from grace (or good old Pleabian Rebellion) story is good for your game... or just let the Countess got sold into foreign country by lose in gambling)
12. Allow us to take the slime girls (and those monster girls in the trial dungeon or quest) to our mansion (as our pets...)
13. More Greenskins (I mean... we only see one Greenskin in the game... this game need more Orcs and Gobbo)
14. Allow us to buy stuff directly from Zanti Farm and the Merchant Alliance (but with higher price since u don't invest with em)
15. Make the Quest Giver have Exclamation Mark or Q Bubble above their head so we know they are quest giver
16. Have a rest... you earn it

ZioBen

Sep 27, 2016
I have bought Jinn but apparently I can not interact with him: at late night he is sleeping in his bed and I can not find him during the rest of the day. I have to advance to a specific chapter before interact with him?

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Anybody know how to do the vampire path? Or is that just the Vampire Pet path?
It's just the "vampire pet" path (the one with Beatrix, to be clear). I might have her turn the protagonist into a vampire as an ending, but there are no plans to have gameplay in that form.

how to get the Keiko, the Countess, and the Elize got enslaved by the Zenti Farm?

maan next update is the GL update... I can't wait for that one... (I hope it have CK2 castle town like upgrade XD)
(also waiting for Zanti Farm to make a move to enslave the entire female cast there lol...)

ohh yeah I got another wave of advise for ya (ohh and some question):
1. More Slave and allow your slave to be transferred into your mansion or following you around (but not as combatant (to reduce the negative from camping outside)... or just allow us to train them to fight so they can help us fight in our quest, except in dungeon where they will wait outside or in the bar (the last dungeon one))
2. Allow your carriage that you bought to go to any place you want (I mean a Countess shouldn't walk around with her own feet...)
3. Make a home for Elize in GL (so even after we reject her we can still take her path later on)
4. Allow us to make a harem (yep... I wanna make my girl have a harem of girls...) and let them live under one roof (your mansion)
5. Underground Secret Prison in the Mansion for your dangerous personal 'criminal' (or just playing around with your slave)
6. Make an affection meters so we can know how far our progress with certain cast
7. Mansion need more staff (I mean three people is not enough there...)
8. Mansion also need more improvement (it need to be tied down with the demesne prosperity so we can have a castle if we got a high enough presperity (to make it into castle town)...
9. Zanti's Revenge? (we close their farm down so I hope they will take revange to both Merchants and the player)
10. Let us hire the Zanti's Maid without accepting their investment (this can be tied with Zanti's Revenge so they can act as a spy or even capture us in our sleep if we make a wrong move like not hiring a guard or drink some dangerous stuff or lose to some kidnapper that enter your mansion)
11. Noble Enslavement? (got captured by enemy's faction or got captured by barbarian style fall from grace (or good old Pleabian Rebellion) story is good for your game... or just let the Countess got sold into foreign country by lose in gambling)
12. Allow us to take the slime girls (and those monster girls in the trial dungeon or quest) to our mansion (as our pets...)
13. More Greenskins (I mean... we only see one Greenskin in the game... this game need more Orcs and Gobbo)
14. Allow us to buy stuff directly from Zanti Farm and the Merchant Alliance (but with higher price since u don't invest with em)
15. Make the Quest Giver have Exclamation Mark or Q Bubble above their head so we know they are quest giver
16. Have a rest... you earn it
If you are a cowgirl and you meet Eliza as a noble, you can get the "crossover" when talks for expanding Golden Leaf come up. You can't do much with it after the scene, however. I haven't added visits or scenes beyond going to get milked at the farm and getting milked together with Eliza (you should get a new dialogue option when talking to Tim in front of the barn).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I have bought Jinn but apparently I can not interact with him: at late night he is sleeping in his bed and I can not find him during the rest of the day. I have to advance to a specific chapter before interact with him?
He doesn't appear in his room? That's odd. There is no chapter requirement, he should be there unless you send him to work for the day. Does anyone have the same issue?

Edit: Did you bring him back home? Did you get the scene and everything as you went from Rahib to Tarkas, and then inside his room?

Reactions: ZioBen

ZioBen

Sep 27, 2016
He doesn't appear in his room? That's odd. There is no chapter requirement, he should be there unless you send him to work for the day. Does anyone have the same issue?

Edit: Did you bring him back home? Did you get the scene and everything as you went from Rahib to Tarkas, and then inside his room?
I have missed to bring the slave at home, sorry
Thank You for your answer and for your great game

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I have missed to bring the slave at home, sorry
Thank You for your answer and for your great game
No problem. This actually helped me notice this issue (he shouldn't appear in bed if you haven't brought him back yet, after all). Glad you like the game! ^_^

Reactions: ZioBen
4.30 star(s) 43 Votes