mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
According to the one I am using its the one updated here; v0.97.2a
Then it's as I thought, that content isn't in the version you are playing. You'll have to wait 2-3 weeks until 0.973 goes public, sorry about that.

Played the game over the last week, it is pretty good. Gonna complain a bit that the game's title led me to believe the main fetish was gonna be transformation, but instead it ended up being mind control and non-con. I hope the strongest helmet in the game ends up being a tinfoil hat, would probably be the thing that would help the MC the most.

Is there going to be an alternative way of entering the werewolf content? Having to lose to a couple of wolves is kinda lame.

I noticed that the personal variables are kinda ignored in the later content, the secretary job doesn't touch the inhibition variable, and so far the only event in the whole game that lets you gain inhibition back is to beat up the drunk sailor in the Tarkas Inn, I get that gaining inhibition back should be rare instead of just being awarded anytime the MC declines sex, so I think if you're looking for a consistent guideline, maybe MC should gain inhibition back when she refuses sex even if she stood to gain something out of it (refusing to give Lord Kairos a titjob for his vote during the noble election, for instance). Anyway, are you just holding off working on the variables until you have more content done, or have they just become an after-thought at this point?

Will traits ever be removable or are they intended to be completely permanent?

Also in my first run I almost completely missed Ariel. Honestly Tarkas is not big enough to warrant a quick travel mechanic, specially when the fast travel maps aren't positioned in the most convenient places, so I pretty much never used it and had no idea about the random event mechanic. Could you emphasize it a bit more early on?
Ha-ha, sorry about that. I like MC a lot, and I am a little squemish about TFs, depending on how far the transformation goes, so the game ended up going this way. There should be some more physical TFs added in the future, but the majority will still be about mental changes or mind control.

I plan to add an alternative way to become a werewolf, although I am not sure what I want to do for it exactly. I have certain requirements, like being "opt in", being clear as to what it would cause, and still involve a different group of werewolves, to avoid changing impressions/relationships in the pack you join, so I want to think about it carefully.

I'll make sure to add some checks for inhibitions in the secretary job, thanks for pointing it out.

I didn't want inhibition to be regainable, mainly because it messes up the logic behind certain series of events (I don't think starting to work at the brothel and then suddenly regaining your sense of shame is a sound approach). I did it with the sailor early on, but I eventually decided it's just not worth it. People who want to keep it high will generally avoid most of the content which lowers it anyway, so it would only ever be useful in a minority of cases.

I want to add more checks for the variables, but I must admit I did get distracted by adding other content, and didn't keep up with using them as much as I want. In fact, feedback/suggestions on where stats or traits could be used are always appreciated.

Traits are meant to be permanent. It's the same logic as with inhibitions. Opening content and then either closing it as soon as you lose a trait or pretend you still have it are both solutions I don't like, which take a lot of work and likely won't be relevant to the vast majority of playthroughs. For future games, I do have some ideas for streamlining traits and how I use them to unlock scenes and so on, but I also wonder if that approach would be too rigid (having to first get the trait before you unlock most content of a certain type, with "mandatory" introduction-level scenes to first get into a fetish and to get the trait).

I try to keep maps compact, but I figured people would notice the maps and interact with them on their own to further cut down travel times between distant areas. I guess I could have Gaspar mention the maps during his tour, do you think that would be enough?

Reactions: SpaceMarine1989

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
also apparently I ruined my chances to become a cowgirl by being hypnotized by the vampire lady. Is there no other way to become one?
For now, there are no other ways. I will likely add a way to reset the vampire path in-game, just like you can with the cowgirl path, but I don't think I'll ever allow the two to co-exist.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
A couple of quick (I hope) questions:

1. Is it possible for Erika to acquire more than one trait?

2. What level of intelligence does she need to successfully read a spellbook?

TIA.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
A couple of quick (I hope) questions:

1. Is it possible for Erika to acquire more than one trait?

2. What level of intelligence does she need to successfully read a spellbook?

TIA.

1. Yes, it is. You can have all of them at the same time.

2. You need 60 intelligence (which means you can still learn if you are a bimbo, but you need to keep the stat maxed out in that case).

Jan 28, 2018
Then it's as I thought, that content isn't in the version you are playing. You'll have to wait 2-3 weeks until 0.973 goes public, sorry about that.

Ha-ha, sorry about that. I like MC a lot, and I am a little squemish about TFs, depending on how far the transformation goes, so the game ended up going this way. There should be some more physical TFs added in the future, but the majority will still be about mental changes or mind control.

I plan to add an alternative way to become a werewolf, although I am not sure what I want to do for it exactly. I have certain requirements, like being "opt in", being clear as to what it would cause, and still involve a different group of werewolves, to avoid changing impressions/relationships in the pack you join, so I want to think about it carefully.

I'll make sure to add some checks for inhibitions in the secretary job, thanks for pointing it out.

I didn't want inhibition to be regainable, mainly because it messes up the logic behind certain series of events (I don't think starting to work at the brothel and then suddenly regaining your sense of shame is a sound approach). I did it with the sailor early on, but I eventually decided it's just not worth it. People who want to keep it high will generally avoid most of the content which lowers it anyway, so it would only ever be useful in a minority of cases.

I want to add more checks for the variables, but I must admit I did get distracted by adding other content, and didn't keep up with using them as much as I want. In fact, feedback/suggestions on where stats or traits could be used are always appreciated.

Traits are meant to be permanent. It's the same logic as with inhibitions. Opening content and then either closing it as soon as you lose a trait or pretend you still have it are both solutions I don't like, which take a lot of work and likely won't be relevant to the vast majority of playthroughs. For future games, I do have some ideas for streamlining traits and how I use them to unlock scenes and so on, but I also wonder if that approach would be too rigid (having to first get the trait before you unlock most content of a certain type, with "mandatory" introduction-level scenes to first get into a fetish and to get the trait).

I try to keep maps compact, but I figured people would notice the maps and interact with them on their own to further cut down travel times between distant areas. I guess I could have Gaspar mention the maps during his tour, do you think that would be enough?
Thank you for the confirmation on the Zanti content. : )

Great game and looking forward to the public build.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
In picture folder I found "Heroine Demon mark" layer. So I assume, that it is somewhere in the game.
That's not in the game yet, just an idea I was toying with for the final chapter (it might not even make it in the final version). I was pretty sure I didn't use the term in-game, that's why I was confused. XD

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
It is fine for what it is, only thing I would argue for is to make the body transformations already in the game be more under the player's direct control. i.e make MC gain the ability to change the size of her bust and ass from home on her own after gaining sapient transformation, also maybe add the option of changing hair color to bimbo blond purely as a cosmetical thing from home as an unlockable for doing something (could be a blessing of Santhora or something like that).
Ah, the tutorial says it is almost impossible to regain inhibition, that made me assume it was gonna be rare by design, but still possible. I usually try to see how "pure" of a run I can do first when trying a new game, I only found 2 situations where I lowered MC's inhibition in said "pure" playthrough: First it was needed to get the best result in Kairos' party when working for the adventurer's guild, and second you need to be groped and lose 1 inhibition at least once when trying to enter the bazaar at night before you can ask Kira to shut the guard down. Don't know if keeping 100 inhibition will ever be relevant, but those were the 2 main things in the way that prevented me from sticking to it.
Was asking mostly just due to how easy it is to gain those traits from the hypnotist, but I guess that's his purpose, tailoring the game for the people that want those fetishes ASAP. Only thing I can think of is that maybe there could be something for traits like alchohol is for inhibition, a way to gain them but just a "mild" variation that is temporary. Could maybe do something like shapeshifting into Samantha, who is an exhibitionist, will temporarly let the MC take exhibitionist choices. I think it would be too contrived of a mechanic to add to the game overall, but could be an idea for any other human transformation quests you add where the player can select between many different transformation targets.
Keeping the maps compact is definitely a blessing, and I did find the map boards, I just didn't find them particularly useful, so I never used them much and didn't get a random event right away so I didn't even know that mechanic existed. I think there just needs to be a mention at some point, either during Gaspar's tour, or when first touching the map board, or even a forced first event when quick-travelling, where the game says something along the lines of "Doing this allows me to travel around the city using different routes and learning new shortcuts, you can run into something new and unexpected everytime you do it".

Also I remembered two bugs I wanted to report, you can finish the exploration of the ruined mansion while playing as Samantha, if you do that you are stuck being Samantha instead of the MC unless you load an earlier save. And also you can't play chess against the general in Una's castle, I think you need to interact with the chessboard while facing to the right, but the seat you were supposed to be on to do that is solid and you can't walk over it.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
It is fine for what it is, only thing I would argue for is to make the body transformations already in the game be more under the player's direct control. i.e make MC gain the ability to change the size of her bust and ass from home on her own after gaining sapient transformation, also maybe add the option of changing hair color to bimbo blond purely as a cosmetical thing from home as an unlockable for doing something (could be a blessing of Santhora or something like that).
I'd feel bad making Ursula completely useless, but maybe I can think about adding bust/butt changing abilities for that. Changing hair color would be too annoying to implement for the sprites, and the CGs would suddenly all look weird. There are already several concessions made to breast size, tattoos and whatnot being invisible in the CGs, but hair color is a step too far for me personally.

Ah, the tutorial says it is almost impossible to regain inhibition, that made me assume it was gonna be rare by design, but still possible. I usually try to see how "pure" of a run I can do first when trying a new game, I only found 2 situations where I lowered MC's inhibition in said "pure" playthrough: First it was needed to get the best result in Kairos' party when working for the adventurer's guild, and second you need to be groped and lose 1 inhibition at least once when trying to enter the bazaar at night before you can ask Kira to shut the guard down. Don't know if keeping 100 inhibition will ever be relevant, but those were the 2 main things in the way that prevented me from sticking to it.
The disadvantages of playing an unfinished game. XD

I am still trying to think of a graceful way to regain inhibitions that wouldn't be at odds with my design ideas, but it doesn't seem very likely, other than as a wish with the dragon (I don't know if you found the secret encounter).

Having inhibitions at 98 should be identical to 100, if I am not mistaken. I generally go for 5 points increments on most checks. There are a few exceptions, but I think with inhibitions that high, you'll be just fine.

Was asking mostly just due to how easy it is to gain those traits from the hypnotist, but I guess that's his purpose, tailoring the game for the people that want those fetishes ASAP. Only thing I can think of is that maybe there could be something for traits like alchohol is for inhibition, a way to gain them but just a "mild" variation that is temporary. Could maybe do something like shapeshifting into Samantha, who is an exhibitionist, will temporarly let the MC take exhibitionist choices. I think it would be too contrived of a mechanic to add to the game overall, but could be an idea for any other human transformation quests you add where the player can select between many different transformation targets.
Inhibitions usually limit options, rather than add new ones, so adding an item to temporarily raise it seems counter-intuitive.

I'd like to have some different choices available depending on who you transform into, but I need to add relevant people to transform into and quests where the choices would make sense. Samantha would make sense in a few scenarios, probably, but I'll need to figure out how to introduce the situation appropriately.

Keeping the maps compact is definitely a blessing, and I did find the map boards, I just didn't find them particularly useful, so I never used them much and didn't get a random event right away so I didn't even know that mechanic existed. I think there just needs to be a mention at some point, either during Gaspar's tour, or when first touching the map board, or even a forced first event when quick-travelling, where the game says something along the lines of "Doing this allows me to travel around the city using different routes and learning new shortcuts, you can run into something new and unexpected everytime you do it".

Also I remembered two bugs I wanted to report, you can finish the exploration of the ruined mansion while playing as Samantha, if you do that you are stuck being Samantha instead of the MC unless you load an earlier save. And also you can't play chess against the general in Una's castle, I think you need to interact with the chessboard while facing to the right, but the seat you were supposed to be on to do that is solid and you can't walk over it.
I guess I can add a warning the first time you use the maps, then. It will be a blunt, tutorial-like message, so it should be easy to understand.

So, you got the key, turned into Erica, fixed the key, then turned back into Samantha, right? I'll make it so she is less observant, and can't figure out there is something weird with the fireplace (or rather, I'll make it so she doesn't get Erica's role, pretty much).

You are right on this one, as well. I'll change both things, so you can interact with the board from below (I can see why I wanted this in, but it's really minor, convenience should come first) AND walk on the seat.

Reactions: manscout

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Is there as much content for not going the royal route as going that route?
Right now, it's not convenient to avoid the royal route, not much extra content at all. I do have plans for mutually exclusive content, but it also depends on how long development takes. Worst case scenario, I make the noble quest mandatory, and remove the noble restrictions on that content for the final version. There is still some time before making that decision, for now.

Reactions: Tanaxanth

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Inhibitions usually limit options, rather than add new ones, so adding an item to temporarily raise it seems counter-intuitive.

I'd like to have some different choices available depending on who you transform into, but I need to add relevant people to transform into and quests where the choices would make sense. Samantha would make sense in a few scenarios, probably, but I'll need to figure out how to introduce the situation appropriately.
Oh sorry, I meant to say a way to temporarly gain certain traits in the same way alcohol temporarly lowers inhibitions.

Reason I mentioned it was that, while having certain traits also forces some choices, it usually allows you to get choices that wouldn't be available with high inhibition, allowing you to "cheat" and get the option that wouldn't be available otherwise, that's the same purpose temporary inhibition loss has, but if you're trying to maintain 100 inhibition, I believe you can only lower it to 56 at most (-20 from the single use tentacle jar event, -24 from drinking two vodkas), so for any choices below that threshold the only way to get them without permanently lowering inhibition would be with traits.

If I could be an exhibitionist during Lord Kairos' party, I could lose even less inhibitions while still getting the best result, of course then I'd be stuck being an exhibitionist so it is not worthwhile in the long run, but there is theoretical purpose for temporarly gaining a trait. But since traits are meant to be permanent on Erica, the only concept I could think for playing around with temporary traits would be if they were tied to a shapeshifter transformation, since those are also temporary.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Oh, I see what you mean. Shapeshifter transformations are always going to be for self-contained stuff (like specific quests or events), but they should hopefully give players a chance to try things similar to what you suggest.

Niffolaff

Feb 12, 2020
Wow, what content are images 406 and 407 in the gallery related to?
Those images are really doing it for me, and I'd very much like to see them in context.

xhienkun

Feb 1, 2019
Did you check the walkthrough first, in case the answer you need was there (although I am not sure what you mean)? It's linked in the installation folder.
thank you very much..
btw i need to know how to get mouse form ?
im stuck :3

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Wow, what content are images 406 and 407 in the gallery related to?
Those images are really doing it for me, and I'd very much like to see them in context.
Did you visit the Queen of Hearts? Sonya, the owner, has two sets of scenes, depending on whether you have Marintas's charm or not. If you don't have the charm, and progress through all of her scenes, you'll eventually get a mini-quest, which features that event.

thank you very much..
btw i need to know how to get mouse form ?
im stuck :3
Did you go to the first temple? You can get the transformation there, by interacting with the big statue in the last floor.

yiyoiyi

Nov 24, 2017
Can I do the Cowgirl route after I tell their secrets to Kira? Because I don't want to close that path again -_-lll

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Can I do the Cowgirl route after I tell their secrets to Kira? Because I don't want to close that path again -_-lll
Nope! You can get captured during the investigation and hypnotized to feed Kira wrong intel, if you want to keep going down that path, but if you actually report them the right things and you found enough incriminating evidence, Erica will refuse to get involved with the farm any further.

Reactions: yiyoiyi
4.30 star(s) 43 Votes