mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Hum... What's hidden in the tutorial, and how to get it ? Is it worth it ?
It's not worth it at all, but you can use Detect Magic, and the hollow trunk will glow, as well as give you a message and a tip about using Detect Magic in the game to find more secrets, pretty much.

Vlad_mir

Jun 29, 2018
mdqp, do you plan to develop the consequences of "exhibitionism"? Yesterday I was playing the game again and I found myself thinking that this kind of "friendship" with a Ghost and constant going out into the night... Well, they probably should have some consequences for the reputation of the heroine at least.
Yes, and so it turns out that the heroine "obeys" or "gives in" to the will of the Ghost. In General, it seemed to me that it would be possible to build several scenes or quests on this.
Do you have any plans in this direction?

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I'm trying to make my way to the minotaur village, and I'm stuck at the location where the inconvenient boulder is in the way. Even with the hint in the walkthrough that Erica can jump a one-tile wide gap hasn't helped, as I've tried walking up to the wall at every spot and up to the river at every spot without any success, so I suspect that I'm overlooking something obvious. I'd thought that I might be able to use the fish transformation to cross the river, but that's not available here.

Detesteorare

Apr 14, 2018
So after becoming a noble (having given Kairos the titjob but having not done the Kairos party event) I receive this in the mail. Is this the end of the questline? If not where do I go to continue?

Screenshot - 5_16_2020 , 5_33_12 PM.png

Jul 28, 2018
I'm trying to make my way to the minotaur village, and I'm stuck at the location where the inconvenient boulder is in the way. Even with the hint in the walkthrough that Erica can jump a one-tile wide gap hasn't helped, as I've tried walking up to the wall at every spot and up to the river at every spot without any success, so I suspect that I'm overlooking something obvious. I'd thought that I might be able to use the fish transformation to cross the river, but that's not available here.
You're looking for this spot.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Press the Action button (Z, Enter, etc.) to jump.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
mdqp, do you plan to develop the consequences of "exhibitionism"? Yesterday I was playing the game again and I found myself thinking that this kind of "friendship" with a Ghost and constant going out into the night... Well, they probably should have some consequences for the reputation of the heroine at least.
Yes, and so it turns out that the heroine "obeys" or "gives in" to the will of the Ghost. In General, it seemed to me that it would be possible to build several scenes or quests on this.
Do you have any plans in this direction?
Right now, the ghost scenes raise the invisible "slut reputation" stat. The only consequence for that stat in-game at the moment is if you try to join the royal harem (the priestess will tell you how far your bad reputation reached, depending on how high it is, and if that makes it hard or impossible for you to become empress). I plan for the stat to also unlock some more random events in Tarkas, where rough individuals try to get a "piece of that". Note that the slut reputation isn't raised just by the ghost. For example, working at the brothel also raises it.

So after becoming a noble (having given Kairos the titjob but having not done the Kairos party event) I receive this in the mail. Is this the end of the questline? If not where do I go to continue?
You can't go to his mansion yet, but there is a small follow up to this, if you organize a party as a noble (you'll need to do a lot of stuff before you are offered the chance, like fix the mansion and the town). He will come to the party and re-extend the invitation in person. I am not sure yet if I'll make this mandatory before you can go visit him or not (I'd like to avoid the extra work for a branch that isn't really interesting).

Renonymous

Jul 17, 2018
Anyone have the 3 digit combination for the hidden staircase in the outpost's blacksmith? I feel like I saw 3 numbers while doing the Does a Barrel Roll quest, but that was like I month ago so I can't remember :oops:

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Anyone have the 3 digit combination for the hidden staircase in the outpost's blacksmith? I feel like I saw 3 numbers while doing the Does a Barrel Roll quest, but that was like I month ago so I can't remember :oops:
I don't remember if they are fixed or generated randomly, either way you should be able to find them in a small paper note in the guard's barracks. (It will be on the ground next to one of the bunker beds, don't remember if it needs to be day or night or it doesn't matter).

Reactions: Renonymous

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I currently have Erica building up her savings so that she can afford to hold the party for the nobles. Does the party need to take place before I send her to solve the fourth temple, or is it possible to have the party afterwards? I ask because, when you are about to move on to a new chapter having solved a temple, you're asked if you're sure, as some quests may no longer be completable, and I wondered if that might apply in this case.

yiyoiyi

Nov 24, 2017
I seem to have completed all of the Turning a New Leaf points but it doesn't appear as a 'Completed quest'. Am I missing something?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I currently have Erica building up her savings so that she can afford to hold the party for the nobles. Does the party need to take place before I send her to solve the fourth temple, or is it possible to have the party afterwards? I ask because, when you are about to move on to a new chapter having solved a temple, you're asked if you're sure, as some quests may no longer be completable, and I wondered if that might apply in this case.
Currently, you can still do it, no problem. I might change it in the future (if I add a few more of the events concerning the Emperor in chapter 5), but for now it works fine.

I seem to have completed all of the Turning a New Leaf points but it doesn't appear as a 'Completed quest'. Am I missing something?
It's just the game not being complete. I am considering adding something more to the quest, so for now I left it without an end.

Jan 28, 2018
Hi mdqp just wanted to ask if there is a rough estimation (or an exact date) when will the public release be available.

Thank you : )

Last edited:

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Hi mdqp just wanted to ask if there is a rough estimation (or an exact date) when will the public release be available.

Thank you : )
The public version goes live the same day as the new Patreon one (the public version is just a one-month old patrons-only version). As for this month, it's coming this week. I was hoping to have the version for the testers ready this weekend, but I was a bit delayed, and they are getting it today. As soon as I get enough reports back to ensure most bugs are caught, I'll update to the latest version. So, expect the update on friday-saturday at the latest.

Reactions: SpaceMarine1989

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
In the walkthrough I noticed that, for the "Devil is in the Details" quest, steps 9-12 don't correspond with what you actually have to do. I assume that the either the game has been updated since that was written or else I am playing an older version of the game than is described in the walkthrough. Fortunately I managed to work out what to do without the walkthrough's help. I had more trouble with the combat with the bad guys than I should have. When you can't use magic, it's not a good idea to accidentally have your weapon gear not be equipped! Once I'd realised, life was a lot easier!

Inhibition

Apr 19, 2018
Really really random thing to notice, but what in the hell is with this board state in the "noble goals" quest line?

Ignoring the fact that he couldn't find the checkmate, white is up 4 in material and is saying they need the "tides turned in their favour"
White has 3 bishops, so they had to have promoted a pawn and purposely made them a bishop instead of a Queen
unknown.png
Are we sure the king is in safe hands? His general's tactical ability is god awful seeing as he lost to this.

Jan 28, 2018
Really really random thing to notice, but what in the hell is with this board state in the "noble goals" quest line?

Ignoring the fact that he couldn't find the checkmate, white is up 4 in material and is saying they need the "tides turned in their favour"
White has 3 bishops, so they had to have promoted a pawn and purposely made them a bishop instead of a Queen
View attachment 663347
Are we sure the king is in safe hands? His general's tactical ability is god awful seeing as he lost to this.
If you can make sense of this, then you sir or madam are amazing!

I honestly couldnt make sense of this since I never learned to play chess, since I just cheat with the walkthrough. Hats off to you for no doubt being the superior chess player. *thumbs up*

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
In the walkthrough I noticed that, for the "Devil is in the Details" quest, steps 9-12 don't correspond with what you actually have to do. I assume that the either the game has been updated since that was written or else I am playing an older version of the game than is described in the walkthrough. Fortunately I managed to work out what to do without the walkthrough's help. I had more trouble with the combat with the bad guys than I should have. When you can't use magic, it's not a good idea to accidentally have your weapon gear not be equipped! Once I'd realised, life was a lot easier!
Did you read the 8th step? If you were helped by Alpharius too much, the quest branches. Is that what you are referring to? Seems to be documented in the walkthrough. Did you get captured as soon as you entered the building?

View attachment 663347
Maybe he is lowering his skill on purpose to give a chance to his subordinate to learn more. :^

But seriously, I just put this one together quickly, wanting to engineer a situation that isn't super obvious at the start, while still being fairly easy to solve for the average player (the average player for my game, that is, which might not even know much about chess). I also wanted the bishop there to offer a false choice since you can get a check with it, but not an immediate checkmate. If you want to rework the board state to something more reasonable, be my guest, and I'll change it. XD

Reactions: Detesteorare
4.30 star(s) 43 Votes