Inhibition

Apr 19, 2018
unknown.png
Aha, I was mostly just poking fun, but if you'd seriously like a board state that's a little more fitting, here's a mate in 1 that's about the same level of difficulty, but looks like black was beating white up until this mistake.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Aha, I was mostly just poking fun, but if you'd seriously like a board state that's a little more fitting, here's a mate in 1 that's about the same level of difficulty, but looks like black was beating white up until this mistake.
Mmmh. I dunno. This one seems rather obvious at a glance, like most rook checkmates are. Probably I'll have to think about it myself, if I want to change it, since I am realizing some of my requirements are rather "esoteric" and hard to explain. XD

Reactions: Detesteorare

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Alright, well anyways while I got your attention, I should probably show you this bug(?) I found

Haven't tried to replicate it with another playthrough or anything. But there it will activate/deactivate any number of times. Save file attached if you need to look at it.
This should be fixed in the next update, so hopefully in a few days you won't see that mess anymore. XD

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Did you read the 8th step? If you were helped by Alpharius too much, the quest branches. Is that what you are referring to? Seems to be documented in the walkthrough. Did you get captured as soon as you entered the building?
I did read the 8th step, but I wasn't sure how many times I had relied on Alpharius's help. I was captured as soon as I entered the building, but I couldn't get out of the cage using the push spell (which I assumed was what step 9 was referring to), as the cell soaked up my mana, and I escaped the cell another way (not described in the walkthrough) , and then had to solve a puzzle (which again isn't mentioned in the walkthrough) to remove my handcuffs.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I did read the 8th step, but I wasn't sure how many times I had relied on Alpharius's help. I was captured as soon as I entered the building, but I couldn't get out of the cage using the push spell (which I assumed was what step 9 was referring to), as the cell soaked up my mana, and I escaped the cell another way (not described in the walkthrough) , and then had to solve a puzzle (which again isn't mentioned in the walkthrough) to remove my handcuffs.
Step 8 tells you to skip to step 14, but you are right, the instructions are too vague. I'll update the entry to be clearer and to explain the different actions you must take if you are captured.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
A shocking revelation! The new update is here! Hide this from your family... They might want to play it too, and hog the PC!*

As usual, the new free version can be found on my patreon page , while you can check the changelog .

*Probably not.

Reactions: Watters and cvbn28c

yiyoiyi

Nov 24, 2017
I'm playing v0.97.2a so I don't know if this is already solved but in the Minotaur quest when you leave the fish fast travel and transform back to human all the environment transform with you. Also when talking to Talados Erica uses her real name instead of the custom one I used when usually she does

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
I'm playing v0.97.2a so I don't know if this is already solved but in the Minotaur quest when you leave the fish fast travel and transform back to human all the environment transform with you. Also when talking to Talados Erica uses her real name instead of the custom one I used when usually she does
The bug with the environment getting glitchy should be fixed now (I think I fixed it in 0.973, at least), but I don't think anyone noticed the issue with the name yet, I'll fix it ASAP.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Erica has held her party for the nobles. When she spoke to Lord Kairos he said something to the effect that she must visit him, but - though I was expecting an invitation in the post - nothing further has happened in the several days since then. Do I need to have Erica do anything in particular to trigger this, or is it something that hasn't been added to the game yet? Kairos's home doesn't seem to be a place that Erica can find in Tarkas or on the wider map. I'm wondering if my problem could be related in some way to my not having joined the adventurers' guild till I reached Chapter 3, as it seemed somehow wrong to join both the mages' and the adventurers' guilds. I think that meant that a couple of the adventurers' guild quests were no longer available when I did finally join, and I wondered if one of them might have involved Kairos and be relevant.

Also I've just completed the new mage's quest to find Carlos and get him to return. I was expecting the guild-master to give Erica a reward afterwards, but he didn't. Was that intentional or is it a bug?

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Erica has held her party for the nobles. When she spoke to Lord Kairos he said something to the effect that she must visit him, but - though I was expecting an invitation in the post - nothing further has happened in the several days since then. Do I need to have Erica do anything in particular to trigger this, or is it something that hasn't been added to the game yet? Kairos's home doesn't seem to be a place that Erica can find in Tarkas or on the wider map. I'm wondering if my problem could be related in some way to my not having joined the adventurers' guild till I reached Chapter 3, as it seemed somehow wrong to join both the mages' and the adventurers' guilds. I think that meant that a couple of the adventurers' guild quests were no longer available when I did finally join, and I wondered if one of them might have involved Kairos and be relevant.

Also I've just completed the new mage's quest to find Carlos and get him to return. I was expecting the guild-master to give Erica a reward afterwards, but he didn't. Was that intentional or is it a bug?
Not in the game yet. Sorry if those aren't always signalled properly.

The reward will come when I add the next quest (I am considering making you visit his place for the reward and the new quest, but it might not be worth the trouble of adding a new map, so we'll see).

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Not in the game yet. Sorry if those aren't always signalled properly.

The reward will come when I add the next quest (I am considering making you visit his place for the reward and the new quest, but it might not be worth the trouble of adding a new map, so we'll see).
Thanks.

tardford

Feb 26, 2019
2 things.
First weird glitch where i cant learn the elf dance from the handmaiden to finish that one quest.
Second, Im a noble right now trying to get the ponygirl path but got kicked out of tthe gambling den, how does one get too it?

Tanaxanth

Donor
Mar 2, 2018
2 things.
First weird glitch where i cant learn the elf dance from the handmaiden to finish that one quest.
Second, Im a noble right now trying to get the ponygirl path but got kicked out of tthe gambling den, how does one get too it?
you can't, once you go down noble the gambling den is locked to you

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
2 things.
Did you talk to Duke Kito for help, after De Larek told you he wants you to dance? Also, did you talk to the handmaiden twice, if it was your first time talking to her (she introduces herself the first time)?

As a noble, you can't go to the gambling den, sorry about that.

mdqp

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Alright this is gonna sound bad, but...who's Eliza?
If you become a noble, you get a visit the first after the first time you sleep there. She is a futanari, so careful about how you reply to her, if you don't like that kind of content. XD

Luxmes

May 20, 2020
Hey, just asking, is there a way to make the game have a better resolution ? I'm stuck with a very tiny one ^^'

tardford

Feb 26, 2019
If you become a noble, you get a visit the first after the first time you sleep there. She is a futanari, so careful about how you reply to her, if you don't like that kind of content. XD
Yeah that fixed the dance thing, thanks. How does one unlock the pony path thats been talked about?

Also since its not on the walkthrough if you kick out Eliza early does that stop all scenes with her?

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 43 Votes