Feb 17, 2022
Well I'm on to a different game now. But I left off with that blonde girl saying she wanted to be useful and was going to start studying or some shit.

TBH I just quit out of frustration.

I appreciate the effort put into the WT but I guess I was looking for a more step by step list of what needed to be done to proceed but it seemed very vague (imho). I'll give it another go when I'm in more of a mood to just wander around with no objectives clearly and readily present.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Well I'm on to a different game now. But I left off with that blonde girl saying she wanted to be useful and was going to start studying or some shit.

I appreciate the effort put into the WT but I guess I was looking for a more step by step list of what needed to be done to proceed but it seemed very vague (imho). I'll give it another go when I'm in more of a mood to just wander around with no objectives clearly and readily present.

Uh...well if the wt seemed vague, and did not give you the step by step list you needed, I doubt you got as far as page 4 where the step by step list starts.

Page 3 gives you the control instructions, the situation you are in at start, THE GOALS you need to do first, and the STRATEGY to achieve the goals.
Then Page 4 starts you off in the Captain's Cabin on DAY 1 EARLY and gives you a step by step day by day instructions that takes you through the first phase of the game which is difficult for most players.

You have to pay attention to the Day Number, Week DAY and TIME OF DAY and do the actions in sequence or you don't proceed.

Understand, Callisto is a huge game/novel/saga Universe so it starts out kinda heavy. So if that isn't your 'cuppa tea' type game, maybe that's why you're frustrated.

So my advice is to go back start over and follow the WT STEP BY STEP on page 4 AFTER you've read page 3 and CLICKED ON THE "?" Captain's Briefing HELP screens. THEN you'll understand how the game works and have a lot more fun with it.

If you don't put in a little effort up front, you won't enjoy the game.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017

she was going to start studying trading aka making it easier.

anyways wt isn't that needed since when going to place with star in ship can trigger event and outside ship events happen more or less auto, sometimes need to visit on 1 spacestation and few times needs to set course on specific planet.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
she was going to start studying trading aka making it easier.

anyways wt isn't that needed since when going to place with star in ship can trigger event and outside ship events happen more or less auto, sometimes need to visit on 1 spacestation and few times needs to set course on specific planet.
Yes, perhaps I should modify my response slightly.

You CAN make it through the game with out following the WT.
It just will take you a lot more days and you might miss some things.
And it saves you from the frustration of accidentally 'wandering around the ship' not getting anywhere in the story. And Callisto is story driven.
But you can do it without the WT.

The WT is the shortest route through the initial trading phase of the game.
You earn enough credits to buy the scanner, get help trading and trigger the first adventure.
All in 15 days game time. . .while hitting all the pertinent story points.

After that, you're on your own.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Some people don't want walkthroughs. They want mommy to hold their hands, tie their shoelaces and do the paperwork for them after potty.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Some people don't want walkthroughs. They want mommy to hold their hands, tie their shoelaces and do the paperwork for them after potty.
YES! Hooray for those people...

So IMOD I can only say that This WT duplicated what a good mentor/parent/warrior Leader should do for a newbie to the game, Show them what it's all about, get their feet on the ground, get them used to the 'tools of the trade', give them some practice so they get good enough to defend themselves and then...

kick them out the door to sink or swim on their own!

and as a wartime buddy of mine once said... "Rots a Ruck, Charlie!" :ROFLMAO:

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I've been away since before the relationship wheel thingy was introduced and I am trying to get my games together. How far from finished is this one? I thought I saw that it was almost done but I can't always remember everything these days.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I've been away since before the relationship wheel thingy was introduced and I am trying to get my games together. How far from finished is this one? I thought I saw that it was almost done but I can't always remember everything these days.
Just one chapter left

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I thought that was the case. So I will wait for the completed tag on this one.
Whew... If you've been out since the 'relationship wheel' thingy you've missed a lot. It was introduced in ver 0.5. Since we're at ver 0.90 now, and it's going to be at least a month or more (definitely more--it's a big chapter) to finish...because what he didn't tell you is there might be a post-log....maybe? (hmmm I should not have said that)

so your choice...but I couldn't stay away that long...soo much has happened...

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Xavster
FYI: the PC and Mac Mega links appears to be no longer available.
I have flagged to F95 site admin. The file storage and links for this site are managed by F95 staff.

Note that the Mega links available to Callisto patreons are for patreons only and should not be shared on this or similar sites.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Ok Fans, as we approach the final release of the greatest Space Adventure on F95 here is my updated "Callisto Introduction-Walk Through Ver. 5"

Don't bother looking for ver 4 as there are always casualties during development...and it was one of them.
This version corrects one error in my earlier version and adds information about the in game hints and instructions on how to play the Basket ball game that is part of the Wednesday night occurrences in the game.

Helpful feedback always welcome as are honest reviews. View attachment Callisto Walk Through 05.pdf

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes