7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Where can we get a better ship, weapons, a good engine...hell EVERYTHING on this ship needs improvement but I can't see anything in this system to get better other than the ones listed on the home screen with a scanner and such.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Where can we get a better ship, weapons, a good engine...hell EVERYTHING on this ship needs improvement but I can't see anything in this system to get better other than the ones listed on the home screen with a scanner and such.
Probably the wrong game for you dude. This isn't a warcraft, Call to duty game.

You're gonna have to get used to being an underdog who wins out through other things than being the biggest gun on the battlefield. Callisto is going to stay what it is, a "squab class, humble but reliable freighter" What you see is what you get. . . and you'll have two wars to survive with her, if you can.

This game's got a lot more going for it than you think. But if you head in to it with the outlook you've got, probably won't 'get it.' Best of luck finding your type of war game.

• Angry
Reactions: Bloodguard

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
they could get better ship if they had money and time but they lack both.

Xathras

Feb 3, 2020

It's a freighter. Not really capable of turning into a warship. However, if you pursue the main storyline you can eventually...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Callisto can get upgrades after many successful deals and buy a lot of tech.
Callisto is harboring the superpowerful idol of a whole planet/race of skilled star ship pilots.
Callisto is training a whole planet worth of army personell to attack a whole race of warriors.
Callisto is going into was with the superpower of the cosmos and have allies fighting alongside them.

This game is master and commander, football manager, this is not dead space or mass effect.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bloodguard

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Callisto is harboring the superpowerful idol of a whole planet/race of skilled star ship pilots.
Callisto is training a whole planet worth of army personell to attack a whole race of warriors.
Callisto is going into was with the superpower of the cosmos and have allies fighting alongside them.

This game is master and commander, football manager, this is not dead space or mass effect.
*personnel not personell
*war not was

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
It's a freighter. Not really capable of turning into a warship. However, if you pursue the main storyline you can eventually...

This is true... Callisto is a true-blue freighter...not much good as a fighter or warship.
(Psst glad for the spoiler quote...but don't let the newbie's know...)

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Callisto is harboring the super powerful idol of a whole planet/race of skilled star ship pilots.
Callisto is training a whole planet worth of army personnel to attack a whole race of warriors.
Callisto is going into war with the superpower of the cosmos and have allies fighting alongside them.

(typos fixed)

CANTO!!
New players just getting into the game are supposed to think it is just a simple trade and salvage game...

You're letting it slip out this is an Interstellar War and Adventure Saga... SHUSH!!

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Or, you know... they find a lot of good weaponry in the Salvage Fields and Lia is a very good engineer... I'm sure she could jury-rig something. ;)
Well that's certainly possible butif that actually happens...(and rumour has it that something like that just might actually happen), would you really like to go into battle with a modified freighter? I mean think about it.... Choices have consequences....and I guarantee you, the final battle is going to be hairy!

erkper

May 16, 2018
Well that's certainly possible butif that actually happens...(and rumour has it that something like that just might actually happen), would you really like to go into battle with a modified freighter? I mean think about it.... Choices have consequences....and I guarantee you, the final battle is going to be hairy!
No, wouldn't be my first choice... but sometimes it's not really what you want to do but instead, what you have to do...

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
No, wouldn't be my first choice... but sometimes it's not really what you want to do but instead, what you have to do...
Nor Mine!
But you are soooo correct in saying that sometimes we're forced by 'circumstances' (read other entities actions) to respond in ways we'd never choose otherwise. The past is strewn with examples of small groups of people fighting for their lives against larger aggressively violent forces bent on their destruction! ...and most of the time, in spite of their heroic actions, losing.

Today we're setting on a number of 'powder kegs' to spark the same violence...WAR! Take Ukraine for example! Or Taiwan... Or South Korea.... Or Israel... or US....
It only takes ONE person/country to start a war!

And in the Callisto Universe.... the powder keg is already on fire!
the violent evil horde is coming
they want to EAT us! No one has ever survived their onslaught!
there are millions of them and only a comparatively few of us...
our backs are against the wall; This is our last stand.
our only choice is to either 'die fighting' or just Die...

yes, even I would try to convert a simple old freighter into a deadly fighting machine!

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
This is my hardware problem?
Don't really have a solution for you on this one. It looks like a graphics driver issue, with your device being unable to display 1920 x 1080 images. It looks like you are running in a windowed mode with a maximum resolution of 885 x 498. Perhaps change to full screen mode in Ren'Py where you should have access to 1024 x 600.

Reactions: sanmal

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
This is my hardware problem?
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1024, 600)
swap interval: 1 frames
Windowed mode.
Screen sizes: virtual=(1920, 1080) physical=(885, 498) drawable=(885, 498)
Vendor: 'Intel'
Renderer: 'Intel Pineview Platform'
Version: '1.4.0 - Build 8.14.10.2230'

It seems like there was a problem displaying something on your GPU.
Try updating your driver, or, if you've got an integrated graphics card AND a normal gpu, try disabling the onboard card in the bios if you're not using it.

Reactions: sanmal
4.20 star(s) 118 Votes