Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I've taken a look at the code and I cannot fathom how this is possible to achieve in an unmodified game. I have back calculated the 'love2' scores for the secondary girls and they come out as follows.
love_ali2 = 2.6
love_jul2 = 0.6
love_rac2 = 6
love_tan2 = 2.8
total = 12

With the formulae in the game it should be impossible to get any one of these scores above 5 and the sum of them should always be 10 (+/- 0.2 with rounding).

The secondary girls are calculated by 1/2 influence from central girls + love2 index. When you spend time with a secondary girl, their love2 index is increased by (amount in 1 to 3 range):
$ love_rac2 += round((5-love_rac2)*0.1*amount,1)

The remaining score are reduced by splitting up remaining points out of 10 and splitting it amoungst the other secondary girls, in proportion with their previous score. As below for Alice.
$ love_ali2 = round((10-love_rac2)*love_ali2/(love_ali2+love_jul2+love_tan2),1)

Once again, can't fathom how this occurred. The math is a little complicated, but not that complicated. :rolleyes:

• Hey there
Reactions: erkper

erkper

May 16, 2018
I've taken a look at the code and I cannot fathom how this is possible to achieve in an unmodified game. I have back calculated the 'love2' scores for the secondary girls and they come out as follows.
love_ali2 = 2.6
love_jul2 = 0.6
love_rac2 = 6
love_tan2 = 2.8
total = 12

With the formulae in the game it should be impossible to get any one of these scores above 5 and the sum of them should always be 10 (+/- 0.2 with rounding).

The secondary girls are calculated by 1/2 influence from central girls + love2 index. When you spend time with a secondary girl, their love2 index is increased by (amount in 1 to 3 range):
$ love_rac2 += round((5-love_rac2)*0.1*amount,1)

The remaining score are reduced by splitting up remaining points out of 10 and splitting it amoungst the other secondary girls, in proportion with their previous score. As below for Alice.
$ love_ali2 = round((10-love_rac2)*love_ali2/(love_ali2+love_jul2+love_tan2),1)

Once again, can't fathom how this occurred. The math is a little complicated, but not that complicated. :rolleyes:
No idea, but I can affirm I have not modified the game in any way, shape, or form. FWIW, shortly after taking that screenshot trying to view the wheel of lust generated an exception error (I didn't screenshot that, should've) any time I tried to view it that required rollback (could not ignore and play on) until I took Tanya to bed and lowered some of those others' scores.

And yes, I had just had, in rapid sequence, a Rachel-Alice threesome, (I think) a basketball naked shower, and then a Kara-Rachel shower immediately before I took that screen.

{Edit} - one more comment about those scores... Julia too high.

Peter744

Jan 25, 2022
I had also a score about 10 somewhere in the past and if I rolled back, there was an error. When I find it again, I can show you.

But another question, I don't know what exactly is wrong, but I can't safe Breana in my game.
I supported Caleb after the Battle and also he had the necklace but I didn't get it back, like it was described here. Honestly, I'm not so sure anymore if that's the case. Also I don't have a savefile so far back.

Now I found one moment in the game, where this news channel "Krillen Battle", that changed from Caleb to Nyobi after the council meeting, where you decide about the pirates situation. After this meeting you see in the news Nyobi and not more Caleb.

I tried the console command but it doesn't work. She speaks about, that she has the necklace but she is still dying later.
Is there an exact special time where I should use this two commands?

Can you probably provide some other exact command and exact instruction, how to use it.

I want to tell you too, its a great game. It is sad that you finish it. There's still so much you could add to it. Thank you!

erkper

May 16, 2018
OK, not sure if this helps or is even relevant but here's the traceback of the exception error I'm getting pretty often after pushing Rachel's score to an impossible level:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'love_r11.webp'>:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'love_r11.webp'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/lewd.rpyc", line 570, in script call
    x���W����N�9�o��o�Rq�uھN�rh�pz.(J/�H�碕l���0D� ��r��[�F��<�e����R$�ڕ�Y�j�P�v]�Q�X��nx�(��N9B��c���ș<4F����4m��S����{?�����ard���-,2�:k*��
    x���W����N�9�o��o�Rq�uھN�rh�pz.(J/�H�碕l���0D� ��r��[�F��<�e����R$�ڕ�Y�j�P�v]�Q�X��nx�(��N9B��c���ș<4F����4m��S����{?�����ard���-,2�:k*��
  File "game/lewd.rpyc", line 982, in script call
  File "game/hold.rpyc", line 604, in script
    �0*< ���؂n�����hMˤ��\��V�婢%��_�����{>:̀�΄��|����tq��!f��gb��X� �F{@��f�?ֈbPyi�`tH_`獹���Ѿ��yc�b@9:������7��C3a@�0������^WzP�"�ҡ�à�� ����L�����.z�[t��2�˘h����z�z�mz�!��r��B��Yw��R��S %�H��H�Vʮ����7h��Q�C�H��W��F!j�PQ|ONS�{.�@���}��/MG3u�3[H�X��zGf��"P�p�cZ�3W��;\�����L׷�,�i��bw������>���v!�V��1�zsA��hia������&ٚn�c��F�ݠ�sVqg�1r29:�\}t���z F�$&�Y4���H$������9�8�<�{��#6����ʞ�v�d-�G��5�^����5�S`1�:�;��'�K�{O�O�|ukKK،���datz�z�uF��|���:S��Ϣ؞M��p��H����u�U���ʪ`��(<t0F��Dr�����5�%�E/ys    �L�T��R�dJy]��ΨB�1>/���_��e��Ю��9
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\ast.py", line 1861, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\ast.py", line 1849, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\statements.py", line 203, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\exports.py", line 2755, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Callisto 0.90
Tue Jan 25 19:57:21 2022

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
No idea, but I can affirm I have not modified the game in any way, shape, or form. FWIW, shortly after taking that screenshot trying to view the wheel of lust generated an exception error (I didn't screenshot that, should've) any time I tried to view it that required rollback (could not ignore and play on) until I took Tanya to bed and lowered some of those others' scores.

And yes, I had just had, in rapid sequence, a Rachel-Alice threesome, (I think) a basketball naked shower, and then a Kara-Rachel shower immediately before I took that screen.

{Edit} - one more comment about those scores... Julia too high.
If you can upload a save game it may help, however still can't see how it is possible. In relation to comment on Julia being 'too high', the attention you have shown her has her score at 0.6 / 5. The remainder is because you have some affection for Tiffany / Lia.

But another question, I don't know what exactly is wrong, but I can't safe Breana in my game.
I supported Caleb after the Battle and also he had the necklace but I didn't get it back, like it was described here. Honestly, I'm not so sure anymore if that's the case. Also I don't have a savefile so far back.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now I found one moment in the game, where this news channel "Krillen Battle", that changed from Caleb to Nyobi after the council meeting, where you decide about the pirates situation. After this meeting you see in the news Nyobi and not more Caleb.
You have actually identified a little glitch in the game here. The news story path that plays is dependent upon the value of rhean_ruler. This is set following the Krillen battle and may also be reset based upon later events. Hence the news story can change. The error is the news story and not the game variable. Little oversight on my behalf.

OK, not sure if this helps or is even relevant but here's the traceback of the exception error I'm getting pretty often after pushing Rachel's score to an impossible level:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'love_r11.webp'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/lewd.rpyc", line 982, in script call
  File "game/hold.rpyc", line 604, in script
    �0*< ���؂n�����hMˤ��\��V�婢%��_�����{>:̀�΄��|����tq��!f��gb��X� �F{@��f�?ֈbPyi�`tH_`獹���Ѿ��yc�b@9:������7��C3a@�0������^WzP�"�ҡ�à�� ����L�����.z�[t��2�˘h����z�z�mz�!��r��B��Yw��R��S %�H��H�Vʮ����7h��Q�C�H��W��F!j�PQ|ONS�{.�@���}��/MG3u�3[H�X��zGf��"P�p�cZ�3W��;\�����L׷�,�i��bw������>���v!�V��1�zsA��hia������&ٚn�c��F�ݠ�sVqg�1r29:�\}t���z F�$&�Y4���H$������9�8�<�{��#6����ʞ�v�d-�G��5�^����5�S`1�:�;��'�K�{O�O�|ukKK،���datz�z�uF��|���:S��Ϣ؞M��p��H����u�U���ʪ`��(<t0F��Dr�����5�%�E/ys    �L�T��R�dJy]��ΨB�1>/���_��e��Ю��9
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\ast.py", line 1861, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\ast.py", line 1849, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\statements.py", line 203, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\exports.py", line 2755, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Black Isle\Callisto\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Callisto 0.90
Tue Jan 25 19:57:21 2022
It's just a message indicating that there is no related image via: add ("love_r{}.webp".format(lp_rac)) exists, as lp_rac is outside expected values (0 to 10).

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Just out of curiosity... is it possible to escape from pirates? I don't think I managed to do it once in my playtrough. Granted, most of the time I was faced with that one ship which is fast and have strong sensors and weapons (I'm guessing there is no escaping that one), but still... either I'm really bad at that portion of the game or I have a really bad luck to always end up in unwinnable situation.

erkper

May 16, 2018
poor tiff.
Her score too high too.

Xavster - save file attached.
Might want to take a look at the Kara-Rachel shower scene - I looked at the wheel of lust before doing one (after focusing on Tanya/Lia long enough to drop Rachel to a not-impossible score.) Tanya was at 10/10 before the Kara-Rachel shower, and rose to 10.1 afterwards. If I understand the give-and-take properly, Tanya shouldn't be going UP from that interaction, should she?

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Her score too high too.

Xavster - save file attached.
Might want to take a look at the Kara-Rachel shower scene - I looked at the wheel of lust before doing one (after focusing on Tanya/Lia long enough to drop Rachel to a not-impossible score.) Tanya was at 10/10 before the Kara-Rachel shower, and rose to 10.1 afterwards. If I understand the give-and-take properly, Tanya shouldn't be going UP from that interaction, should she?
Whilst the formulae I was using it was correct, I failed to apply it properly to Rachel. If you replace the crew.rpyc file with the one attached, things will sort themselves out. Just have few more interactions with the girls and the indexes will sort themselves out.

EDIT: Tiffany's score is working just fine. Some of the decisions you have made in the game and earning her some credits are the reason her score is not completely tanked.

Reactions: BGRW2020

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Just out of curiosity... is it possible to escape from pirates? I don't think I managed to do it once in my playtrough. Granted, most of the time I was faced with that one ship which is fast and have strong sensors and weapons (I'm guessing there is no escaping that one), but still... either I'm really bad at that portion of the game or I have a really bad luck to always end up in unwinnable situation.
It sure is, but not always. And then you have to try to talk your way out it. Later in the game, due to certain events, you can just ignore them then.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
decoys?

erkper

May 16, 2018
I'll ask the obvious yet necessary question: did you buy the ship upgrades? They are designed to help you avoid issues with the pirates. That said, nothing is foolproof and occasionally you'll run into one you can't escape. Shouldn't be all the time, though...

Whilst the formulae I was using it was correct, I failed to apply it properly to Rachel. If you replace the crew.rpyc file with the one attached, things will sort themselves out. Just have few more interactions with the girls and the indexes will sort themselves out.
Thanks, I'll do that.
EDIT: Tiffany's score is working just fine. Some of the decisions you have made in the game and earning her some credits are the reason her score is not completely tanked.
I'm sure it's working fine. My "score too high" comments are just jokes due to them being at the bottom of my totem pole.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I'll ask the obvious yet necessary question: did you buy the ship upgrades? They are designed to help you avoid issues with the pirates. That said, nothing is foolproof and occasionally you'll run into one you can't escape. Shouldn't be all the time, though...
lately my crew has lost pirates via decoys or hailing them and then ignoring them.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Yup... bought all the updates available. Guess I was just unlucky.

Vezzeli

Nov 4, 2017
Can you change the way to get stripclub in Gideon? I'm in endless loop now because you go there automatically in morning. So because of that I can't go change direction for some other destination and there is now some political situation that keeps me in this endless loop.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Can you change the way to get stripclub in Gideon? I'm in endless loop now because you go there automatically in morning. So because of that I can't go change direction for some other destination and there is now some political situation that keeps me in this endless loop.
You can set a destination in the layout screen of the Callisto. You don't need to see Tanya per se.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I never go to Tanya, honestly. The map is much more convenient
The map is more convenient, true. But Tanya is your clue of "time to head in a specific direction" during points in the game where the main plot has reached a point of starting a new phase. So if you're done trading or salvaging I use Tanya to make sure. I use the over view 'bullets' only when the Cockpit is empty 'cause I missed her.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes