professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I thank you all for all the help. professorx10 the walkthrough is very helpful indeed.
I think I got the hang of it now. Everything is actually quite simple. Even without the market analysis, opening the sector information will tell you each sector's main imports and exports. You can based on that to buy and sell. I manage to got 40k in 2 weeks and bought the scanner.
Lastly, I want to take back all my previous complaints about the game. I don't know if anyone here remembers but a while ago I made a comment in this thread complaining about the sandbox element of the game and how its more complicated than Paradox strategy games. That was completely wrong and the game is actually quite simple and straight forward. My apologies to the developer.
Glad you're past the first two weeks, got the scanner and are on your way to enjoying the game. As a final hint, yes as far as the sandbox element goes, I think of it as an enhancement. As long as you pay attention to the Gold Stars you can't miss going forward in the game. Then later, after you're familiar with how the game goes, wandering around in side Callisto and not using the overhead view so much makes the game world much bigger!

One last hint, you might want to take a good look at the big "?" in the control panel and go through the 'captain's briefing'. If you take the time reading through it will fill you in on about 90% of how the game goes and how to play it. If you do get a couple red letters (items skipped) on the Trading missions of the Quest tracker screen, don't sweat them. You've won the trading section already and they're not important to the over all plot going forward.

After you take on the Dione mission, I'm sure you're going to enjoy the plot of the game going forward.
Good Luck!

Reactions: PapaPhat

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Guys my crew stop gain from salvage. Is there anything i missing about salvage? Quick info please
Not that I know of.... have you checked your mission status lately (the light bulb)?
You've obviously had enough money to buy the scanner...if you've got the other items too, the drones etc, then proceed with the plot. look for the gold stars

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Guys my crew stop gain from salvage. Is there anything i missing about salvage? Quick info please
no, after some time salvages become bit crappy usually and goodies become harder to find and barely cover expenses. trial and error.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Some quick questions.
What is the proper sequence for training Tiffany at night to progress and trigger her and Julia Threesome?
Did Club dancer side quests ever get implemented, or does tipping them just get them topless? Is there any other benefit to tipping them more?
Are there any other shower sexy time scenes other than Tanya? The rest seem to be just teasing or nothing at all?

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Some quick questions.
What is the proper sequence for training Tiffany at night to progress and trigger her and Julia Threesome?
Did Club dancer side quests ever get implemented, or does tipping them just get them topless? Is there any other benefit to tipping them more?
Are there any other shower sexy time scenes other than Tanya? The rest seem to be just teasing or nothing at all?
Tiff/Julia kinky challenge: As far as I can tell it is random. How I get it right is to save before starting the choices, apply a bit of logic like not going straight for the finger bang but starting with the caress options... I have tried repeating the same patterns and it didn't work. There is some randomness involved it seems...

Club dancers: Yes, tipping just gets them topless until you change to another view. Hiring all available dancers and rotating them fairly regularly is the best way to make a profit from the club. Tanya and MC average about 1500 per week each in my play.

Shower: Tanya's is the best IMHO. However, there is a nice shower scene if MC and Tanya win the basketball game with Rachel and Kara (accepting the challenge bet is required.) There are extensions to the shower scenes with Tiffany solo, Julia and Tiffany and possibly some of the others but you have to have a higher score with those LI. So, there may even be some that I haven't yet found, IDK.

Hope that helps you, my friend. Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bloodguard

BengerBang

Jul 13, 2017
Thank for the advice, I adjusted my strategy, and viola! sucess, now Lia is avalable.
(Only Rhean did not join my fleet)

So I am a bit annoyed that the Breanna battle did not trigger for me... :(
The thing with a sandbox game, is something like that can spoil the game a bit. You don't know if it's a bug or if you did something wrong. I re-did the Council meeting where I offer Rhea the necklace and offered her my assistance, but then nothing came from it (She just missing from the next meeting).

It's quite a long game to replay from the start again for just a small scene that's missed. But it is a pity, since it put's a negative on an otherwise awesome game. It's still possible that I did something wrong, but... who knows.
Thanks for you help. I eventually managed to get Lia by just adjusting my battle strategy a bit.
Same happened to me.

Waste_of_Time

Jan 2, 2021
I love this game.
Have some animations been removed? I notice v1.00 is missing some animations that were in previous versions, like the shots of Kara and Rachel rocketing out of the ship in their suits into the salvage field, as example. I liked little touches like that. Just wondering if I'm playing the correct full version of the completed game.

• Thinking Face

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I love this game.
Have some animations been removed? I notice v1.00 is missing some animations that were in previous versions, like the shots of Kara and Rachel rocketing out of the ship in their suits into the salvage field, as example. I liked little touches like that. Just wondering if I'm playing the correct full version of the completed game.
You may be bumping the space bar, mouse click or enter during those animations. All of those buttons will skip the animations and just have them return to the cargo bay. The animations should be there unless you are resting your hand on one of the three aforementioned buttons or have a corrupted version. As I said, those animations are still there with Rachel and Kara in their super tight, bum hugging space suits...:devilish:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Thanks for telling no harem ending
Will Skip this game
Please do!

I don't understand you. It sounds so childish immature to skip a game that is 90% harem because it doesn't end with the fantasy of the Main Character 'getting all the girls forever'. . .which is not really a harem 'ending' ....It is an Orgy! What you really want is an Orgy ending!

So it doesn't matter if there is drama, challenges, interesting characters and adventure to the point of SAVING THE GALAXY. . .like Callisto has. . .

if it doesn't end with the MC in an Orgy ending...it isn't worth your time.

I wish you ORGY lovers would 'man up' and use the correct word...
because that's what you really WANT and are whining about if games don't have one.

Waste_of_Time

Jan 2, 2021
You may be bumping the space bar, mouse click or enter during those animations. All of those buttons will skip the animations and just have them return to the cargo bay. The animations should be there unless you are resting your hand on one of the three aforementioned buttons or have a corrupted version. As I said, those animations are still there with Rachel and Kara in their super tight, bum hugging space suits...:devilish:
Thanks for answering.
It turns out it was a simple fix: I had set all slide transitions to "skip" in my preferences. Since I played before I chose to skip through unseen text, and selected skip transitions while I was at it.

Turns out if you do that you don't get to see the all the default transitions it's meant to show, including the cool animated ones.
Once I turned that off and allowed transitions again, the animations came back, bum hugging space suits and all. :p
Thanks again, cheers!

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Thanks for answering.
It turns out it was a simple fix: I had set all slide transitions to "skip" in my preferences. Since I played before I chose to skip through unseen text, and selected skip transitions while I was at it.

Turns out if you do that you don't get to see the all the default transitions it's meant to show, including the cool animated ones.
Once I turned that off and allowed transitions again, the animations came back, bum hugging space suits and all. :p
Thanks again, cheers!
I ALWAYS select skip unread for EVERY Ren'Py title. The Control Key (ctrl) activates that function when there are long passages of dialogue that I'd rather not read again and again. However, I NEVER skip transitions, animations or choices. Those choices skip the things I DO want to see. :) Yet, skip unread turns the ctrl button into the ultimate fast forward function. I find it's best done in short bursts to avoid over skipping past the content I want to see. Once I get past the part I've seen several dozen times or reach new content in a WIP title, then I return to thumbing the space bar to advance one screen at a time.

As for my left, right and center mouse controls, I NEVER change them either; left is always advance frame/make selection from list or other onscreen option; right opens the save menu and allows me to access settings and reloads; then the mouse wheel can roll back a few screens when moved forward or hide the dialogue and menus for screenshots when pressed same as the H key. I use F to toggle full screen on/off and there are a few other shortcuts as well but they are all listed in the help section of nearly all Ren'Py titles... so Phat will STFU on the obvious stuff now. Hahaha:ROFLMAO:

Glad I was able to help point you in the right direction, my friend. :) I'm glad that you are enjoying Callisto. It is one of my all time favorites and IMHO, the best first game by any dev ever.

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)
PS: A favorite image... Just to have something pretty on the post...

Base Profile Screenshot 2022.04.25 - 22.07.21.41.png

Reactions: Waste_of_Time

Kurohaku

Aug 10, 2017
Please do!

I don't understand you. It sounds so childish immature to skip a game that is 90% harem because it doesn't end with the fantasy of the Main Character 'getting all the girls forever'. . .which is not really a harem 'ending' ....It is an Orgy! What you really want is an Orgy ending!

So it doesn't matter if there is drama, challenges, interesting characters and adventure to the point of SAVING THE GALAXY. . .like Callisto has. . .

if it doesn't end with the MC in an Orgy ending...it isn't worth your time.

I wish you ORGY lovers would 'man up' and use the correct word...
because that's what you really WANT and are whining about if games don't have one.
Well if u don't understand it's okay
I don't really care about orgy or not just want all girl be mc lovers..
All people can pick what they like not u give us what "must" we like

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Why is the game tagged Harem, but the genre list doesn't mention harem except to say there's no harem ending? Kinda feels like false advertising. I wouldn't call this a harem game if a the end you need to pick one girl
Then maybe you should ask the site's staff to change their harem tag definition so that it suits your views. Good luck.

Reactions: AlexMpog

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Then maybe you should ask the site's staff to change their harem tag definition so that it suits your views. Good luck.
I know the definition, but in my experience on this site, most games that don't have a harem ending don't have the harem tag. If you can date multiple girls at once but not keep them all at the end, most games seem to just use Dating Sim etc but not mention Harem

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Why is the game tagged Harem, but the genre list doesn't mention harem except to say there's no harem ending? Kinda feels like false advertising. I wouldn't call this a harem game if a the end you need to pick one girl
Great question, my friend... I only have one answer... the tags along the top are NOT controlled by the dev but by the site itself. This is what Xav had to say under the "genre" tab where the author lists their own tags... "3DCG, Male protagonist, Sci-fi, Creampie, Exhibitionism, Lesbian, Milf, Stripping, Vaginal sex, Monster girl, Romance, Sandbox, Multiple Endings (Non-Harem)" with absolutely NO mention of harem as a theme, rather the opposite. I agree with you that this is NOT a harem title. Xav doesn't create harem titles and took a HUGE amount of shit over that tag's presence on the page! Dating Sim, yes. Harem like elements, yes. Multiple endings, yes. Harem ending? Absolutely NOT. So, I agree with you friend. This is NOT a harem game nor was it ever intended to be such. If you ask Xavster if this is a harem title, he has only one answer, an emphatic and final NO! This is NOT a harem title. It is just tagged that way because of incorrect interpretation of site definitions.

However, I also agree with Moskyx...

Good luck changing the site rules... Although, Moskyx could've been a bit less of a sour apple about it. But, I get it... this subject has been literally beaten to death, beaten some more, flesh beaten off the corpse, then the bones beaten into dust and the dust beaten into vapor and STILL the subject comes back around because the site definition IS WRONG in this case!!! This is NOT a harem game! You do NOT choose a single LI at the end of a harem game, you simply tango on with the entire harem intact!!!
The site's definition is far too narrow for the short sighted folks that use this site... it states... "
Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]" TBH, that is only HALF of the actual definition as most folks see it. Harem is all the way through the game, not just a certain portion of it, otherwise it is just a dating sim. However, dating sim falls under non sexual tags and includes any title with dating mechanics... go figure. So, my opinion is the same as it always has been... don't put all of your eggs in the tag basket. If a story looks interesting and well rendered to your taste, give it a shot. It is free to try. If you don't happen to like what you see, go grab another and try that rather than spewing a shit ton of negative energy back into something you didn't enjoy, go find something that you DO enjoy. That is how I enjoy this site and not get bogged down in all of the bullshit. I've tried titles that I have literally HATED and never said a word because it might be someone else's favorite game and far be it from me to go and shit on their fun. If asked for an opinion on a title I didn't like, THEN I will share honestly and openly as to what utter shit I thought it was but otherwise, I never say a word. I tend to spend my time praising the titles I DO enjoy which I find is a much better use of my time. :)

And, I agree with PBS666 as well...

Oh Lord, please not that argument again...
Because this game has seen entirely too much of this very discussion. You, my friend, were not privy to all of that so I endeavor to enlighten you...

You can enjoy multiple LI throughout much of the story. However, you will be presented with a choice for which ending you wish to see. Personally, I like Lia's ending the best with Tanya coming in a close second and Tiffany's ending being surprisingly nice as well! Wasn't a huge fan of Kara's ending but none of them are bad. You do get to enjoy many sexy good times with many different LI during the course of the game which is sufficient to meet the site definition of harem.

Hope that helps you my friend. Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:(y)

PS: Everybody shut up and dance! Yes, Tanya, you may use your pole...:devilish:
Base Profile Screenshot 2022.06.01 - 22.33.30.69.png Base Profile Screenshot 2022.06.01 - 21.16.39.87.png

• Haha
Reactions: Me-ta-Xa

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Just discovered this game and played thru to the end in one go. (I caught covid and am in isolation).
Being the kind of person that does not first read up on a synopsis or even instructions, at the beginning I was so so about the game. But once I actually read the prologue and realized it was a sandbox, I really enjoyed it.
Nice story telling and quite wholesome too.
A plus for me is that it's not populated by females, of any species, with giant breasts.

4.20 star(s) 119 Votes