Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Do you think being transparent is an unreasonable expectation to place on a game dev? If so, why?
Because most devs, especially amateur devs, do not have the whole game planned out from day 1. They write the plot and insert kinks as they see fit according to how the story comes along. Most games is a several years work-project and these devs are just normal people who get inspiration for different things at different points and their tastes can change too.

If they have to promise you from day 1 exactly what kinks and tags will be pressent throughout the whole game development, they essentially put limitations on their creativity. For an example, they can have a good idea for a plot or scene to fit in the story but then they have to think "Oh, wait, I can't do that because if I introduce any tiny sort of lesbian/sharing/rape/femdom/x/x/x scenario, vanillas will get mad because I made a promise to them years ago."

It all ultimately ends up with a dev who can't develop the game how they want and with the freedom they want because they have to stand by statements they made a long time ago. Guess what happens then? They get burned out and abandon the game....

That is why you can't expect devs to be fully transparent. Unless the dev seriously hates a tag/kink, you can't be certain that tag won't end up in the game at some point or another. Example: A dev might not have planned for NTR to be in their game in the beginning, but they don't hate NTR neither, so years later they might get inspired to add some anyway. That is just how humans work

Last edited:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
==== however this was not properly communicated anywhere, as far as I know. My question is why was it not? My answer, SEE BELOW
Scenario 1: the dev wasn't sure until the very end what the ending is going to be. WRONG! THIS GAME WAS PLANNED!
Scenario 2: the dev purposely didn't communicate their decision to not make harem ending knowing that it's an unpopular decision that might cost them cash. This is what I think happened, and that's pathetic.
WRONG AGAIN!!...and an insulting implication
Of course, the dev could just be lazy, .....WHAT!!!
Your insinuation that Xavster "... could just be lazy..." pisses me off big time. I personally worked with him 2 years on putting out Callisto and lazy, unplanned, and unprofessional he is NOT! Also, your three "Scenarios" are all assumptions showing ignorance, so I'll cut you some slack and explain it as simply as I can...AGAIN!!

1. the tag for "harem" does NOT indicate the game's ending, NOR does the dev have any choice in the matter. The Game has a harem in it, so it is correctly described as a harem game per F95 definitions. All he can do is put the tag on.
2. No Dev owes any of us Pirates on this site ANY communication as we do NOT support him/her financially. The ones that DO communicate (and Xavster has) do it at their discretion and we user/players should be respectful of that. They owe us nothing.
3. Your assumption that this game's ending was never discussed is incorrect and only shows you haven't looked back on the long comments made on this very subject!! THIS SUBJECT HAS BEEN BEAT TO DEATH on this thread!! Why? because so many of people on this site have the mistaken idea that "if it doesn't end in a Harem, it ain't a Harem game" which is NOT the definition on F95. Regardless, others have asked/complained about that very same "harem" tag misunderstanding until they're blue in the face! So, please, please give this 'ending in a harem' issue a rest.

Callisto was designed to be a realistic 'harem' game, as realistic as it can/will get in real life (in spite of the Sci-Fi setting) and I personally am proud of that fact. That makes it more adult because NO relationship lasts forever, especially harems. Those who think they do, or just want that ending in a game, have got their head up their butts, IMHO. But, hey, they're entitled to that opinion so I won't argue.

Finally, the end of the Harem and the player's choices the game has in it are not the only realistic possibilities.
I've thought of another one which I will be including in my upcoming ENHANCEMENT of Callisto, now in progress. What that is, I will NOT discuss in any way shape or form.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Your insinuation that Xavster "... could just be lazy..." pisses me off big time. I personally worked with him 2 years on putting out Callisto and lazy, unplanned, and unprofessional he is NOT! Also, your three "Scenarios" are all assumptions showing ignorance, so I'll cut you some slack and explain it as simply as I can...AGAIN!!

1. the tag for "harem" does NOT indicate the game's ending, NOR does the dev have any choice in the matter. The Game has a harem in it, so it is correctly described as a harem game per F95 definitions. All he can do is put the tag on.
2. No Dev owes any of us Pirates on this site ANY communication as we do NOT support him/her financially. The ones that DO communicate (and Xavster has) do it at their discretion and we user/players should be respectful of that. They owe us nothing.
3. Your assumption that this game's ending was never discussed is incorrect and only shows you haven't looked back on the long comments made on this very subject!! THIS SUBJECT HAS BEEN BEAT TO DEATH on this thread!! Why? because so many of people on this site have the mistaken idea that "if it doesn't end in a Harem, it ain't a Harem game" which is NOT the definition on F95. Regardless, others have asked/complained about that very same "harem" tag misunderstanding until they're blue in the face! So, please, please give this 'ending in a harem' issue a rest.

Callisto was designed to be a realistic 'harem' game, as realistic as it can/will get in real life (in spite of the Sci-Fi setting) and I personally am proud of that fact. That makes it more adult because NO relationship lasts forever, especially harems. Those who think they do, or just want that ending in a game, have got their head up their butts, IMHO. But, hey, they're entitled to that opinion so I won't argue.

Finally, the end of the Harem and the player's choices the game has in it are not the only realistic possibilities.
I've thought of another one which I will be including in my upcoming ENHANCEMENT of Callisto, now in progress. What that is, I will NOT discuss in any way shape or form.
Your right this subject has already been said before but people don't use the search. I also don't care about it, the game is good and played it like 5-10 times trying to get the 100%, also dev was here plenty times answering questions and that you don't see very often in many games. And besides that, it's the only game that has a Heroe Mouse.:cool:. I might play it again just to see my Heroe.

nazgarD

Feb 28, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please provide me with a link to a post here or to a patreon (or discord or any other platform that you consider the dev's main mean of communication) post where the dev explicitly states that the game won't have a typical harem ending before the ending was published. If it doesn't exist, please help me understand: do you think the dev wasn't aware that their decision to not include a harem ending to their "game with harem elements" was controversial? If they did know it, why didn't they communicate their controversial decision somewhere?

• Angry
Reactions: professorx10

nazgarD

Feb 28, 2018
You need help, friend. You are under the impression ("Direct any further inquiry") that I had any inquiries about that. I did not.

As for the only relevant part of your post: "Multiple Endings (Non-Harem)", I'd like to know when that part was put into the OP. Do you know the answer to that for sure? If so, please share it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: chicho1958

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
You need help, friend. You are under the impression ("Direct any further inquiry") that I had any inquiries about that. I did not.

As for the only relevant part of your post: "Multiple Endings (Non-Harem)", I'd like to know when that part was put into the OP. Do you know the answer to that for sure? If so, please share it.
Just simple question why do you want others to do something that YOU should find out. You got your answers and Dev answered your question just look for it, click on dev name and check his posts. All who gave you answers are gamers we are here to help not to do your homework. You should go to
PapaPhat planet and meet his children, pretty sure they'll give you a warm welccome.:giggle:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Just simple question why do you want others to do something that YOU should find out. You got your answers and Dev answered your question just look for it, click on dev name and check his posts. All who gave you answers are gamers we are here to help not to do your homework. You should go to
PapaPhat planet and meet his children, pretty sure they'll give you a warm welccome.:giggle:
I gave it one honest go. Proved to me that person cannot be satisfied. Ignore list now. Preserve Phat's peace of mind;)(y)

nazgarD

Feb 28, 2018

A person I replied to made a claim, which only works and is relevant if the dates align. They didn't provide proof that the dates aligned, so I asked for it. It's on them to demonstrate the truthfullness/relevance of their claim. Also, the dev explicitly ignored my question. Oh, and I didn't want others to do anything until I was tagged about the comment made a year ago.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I gave it one honest go. Proved to me that person cannot be satisfied. Ignore list now. Preserve Phat's peace of mind;)(y)
You could've waited till he went to your planet, dam, trying to get your kids to play with someone else and here you go and spoil their fun...it's ok I'll find another victim....I mean another person to play with them:D:p:sneaky::ROFLMAO:. I still remember that talk about the harem and dev was in it but not gonna do anyone's homework, too old and retired, time to enjoy life and grandkid's...and just incase the answer is NO, not bringing them to play with your kids, knowing my grandkids and your kids they'll end up burning the galaxy:p:D

KellyOwen

Jul 6, 2018
Amazing game, one of the very bests on this site, but very disappointing to see Alice model being changed before we could have action with her.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The real challenge is getting 100%, it's easy to bypass stuff
Without a cheat mod or manual file manipulation it is not possible to 100% this game. Different choices yield different results. You cannot make every choice and have those results in the same game. Your water is either liquid, steam or ice. There is no scenario where you can have all three using the same measure of water. To achieve all three, you need three measures of water and three separate scenarios. Likewise, it takes three plays to achieve three results, four to achieve four and so on... You are not intended to achieve 100% of everything in a single play. This is my finding after hundreds of plays of this game. There are no achievements to earn and using a cheat mod will only cheat you out of experiences that will not trigger properly when you use one. There is no perfect game possible here... There is no spoon...

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)
1682538059758.png

Last edited:

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Without a cheat mod or manual file manipulation it is not possible to 100% this game. Different choices yield different results. You cannot make every choice and have those results in the same game. Your water is either liquid, steam or ice. There is no scenario where you can have all three. You are not intended to achieve 100% of everything in a single play. This is my finding after hundreds of plays of this game. There are no achievements to earn and using a cheat mod will only cheat you out of experiences that will not trigger properly when you use one. There is no perfect game possible here... There is no spoon...

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)
I'll check it later, haven't played new game in long time, forgot half of it but still haven't forgot your rug rats:sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I'll check it later, haven't played new game in long time, forgot half of it but still haven't forgot your rug rats:sneaky:
Here's proof. Here are three quest screen images pulled at random from three different plays across 140 pages of saves. (Yes folks, they ALL still work, high quality game here)

You will notice that there are some that I always seem to miss due to making the same choices and others that change based on different choices I made...

One from page 140... my most recent play still in progress...
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.04.26 - 12.54.30.80.png
Notice the task items marked red, those are bypassed. I did not knowingly choose to bypass any tasks however my choices in game bypassed those events for me. The reason is that certain events only happen once and often coincide with other one time events that are happening at the same time. Choosing one automatically bypasses the other because MC cannot be in two locations at the same time, just like real life.

I delete the saves when I get too many. This is from the first saved game after such a deletion...
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.04.26 - 12.58.17.36.png
In addition to bypassing "Engine Room - A" and "Lounge ALL - A" I missed Tiffany's Trading Lesson "I" as well. I seem to miss the ones marked "A" in the engine room and lounge quite often. That tells me that there is something going on when those events spawn that is much more important to me. It is also possible that there are requirements for those events that I did not meet at the time at which they were offered.

This last slide is from a random spot in the middle of my current batch of saved plays... page eighty something...
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.04.26 - 13.00.03.01.png
I missed several side missions here in addition to some that I often miss due to my particular play style...

My point is the same... Different choices lead to different results. Making the same choices in a new play leads to the same or similar results. The primary goal in this game is to enjoy yourself. There is no perfect game nor should there be. There are many objectives that can be completed all within the same play but there will always be some that get missed because MC cannot be in two places at once and some of the events occur simultaneously.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Here's proof. Here are three quest screen images pulled at random from three different plays across 140 pages of saves. (Yes folks, they ALL still work, high quality game here)

You will notice that there are some that I always seem to miss due to making the same choices and others that change based on different choices I made...

View attachment 2575494
Notice the task items marked red, those are bypassed. I did not knowingly choose to bypass any tasks however my choices in game bypassed those events for me. The reason is that certain events only happen once and often coincide with other one time events that are happening at the same time. Choosing one automatically bypasses the other because MC cannot be in two locations at the same time, just like real life.

I delete the saves when I get too many. This is from the first saved game after such a deletion...
View attachment 2575509
In addition to bypassing "Engine Room - A" and "Lounge ALL - A" I missed Tiffany's Trading Lesson "I" as well. I seem to miss the ones marked "A" in the engine room and lounge quite often. That tells me that there is something going on when those events spawn that is much more important to me. It is also possible that there are requirements for those events that I did not meet at the time at which they were offered.

This last slide is from a random spot in the middle of my current batch of saved plays... page eighty something...
View attachment 2575521
I missed several side missions here in addition to some that I often miss due to my particular play style...

My point is the same... Different choices lead to different results. Making the same choices in a new play leads to the same or similar results. The primary goal in this game is to enjoy yourself. There is no perfect game nor should there be. There are many objectives that can be completed all within the same play but there will always be some that get missed because MC cannot be in two places at once and some of the events occur simultaneously.

As far as I know, all those events can be done in one single playthrough if triggered in the right order. Obviously some of them might play out differently depending on previous choices, but they all are unlockable in one run. The image below is just before the final confrontation (and the last night with all the girls at the club)

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020

View attachment 2575494

View attachment 2575509

View attachment 2575521

1 thing I remember is that you need to get all trade letters first, you know that because was always bypassing it too so decide start new game and fous on that one,saved before and trying figure it out and now got me itching already download game but have unpacked it gonna do it now and check my save pretty sure I have a 100% without cheating just saved a lot and followed some tips from posts, dam this like going back to school...good things when you start you ain't got no kids maybe I can persuade you to pick another girl:rolleyes::giggle::ROFLMAO: Good thing you ain't got forrests in your planet (maybe there was but before your kids were born):unsure::unsure::cautious: brb later have to check some birth certificates.

• Red Heart

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020

View attachment 2575494

View attachment 2575509

View attachment 2575521

Was checking my saves(the ones I uploaded)on last page in my room you can see before last battle where you go club then battle, it's all straight forward and can't check last 2 Club exotica and hive F because thats where last battle starts you go club then battle. But will start new game see if I remember anything(I doubt that).

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Was checking my saves(the ones I uploaded)on last page in my room you can see before last battle where you go club then battle, it's all straight forward and can't check last 2 Club exotica and hive F because thats where last battle starts you go club then battle. But will start new game see if I remember anything(I doubt that).
I see you guys are severely crazy about getting a complete game....
Bwuaha aha hahhaha!!!
Are you gonna go ape sh*t when you open my uprev of Callisto!!
(rubbing hands together fiendishly!!)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
As far as I know, all those events can be done in one single playthrough if triggered in the right order. Obviously some of them might play out differently depending on previous choices, but they all are unlockable in one run. The image below is just before the final confrontation (and the last night with all the girls at the club)
Which mod did you use???

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes