bosp

Jan 3, 2018
I have no idea why some devs think free roam without any solid pointer and help system is a good thing.
You completely fucked it up, dear.
The game had some potential at the start but now is a complete unplayable mess.
Guess some people learn from other people's mistakes and others have to experience them for themselves.
Good luck with your game.

Badgerlad

Mar 3, 2020
I have no idea why some devs think free roam without any solid pointer and help system is a good thing.
You completely fucked it up, dear.
The game had some potential at the start but now is a complete unplayable mess.
Guess some people learn from other people's mistakes and others have to experience them for themselves.
Good luck with your game.
How much more of a pointer than a giant, shiny gold or silver star do you really need?

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
No.

go "over" a star: you'll see in the upper right corner what a star is.

THERE ARE 3 KINDS OF STARS (gold, silver, bronze (?) )
You mean Gold, Silver, Blue...

Also the stars are only nice for letting you know something is there. The common complaint is there's no logbook or journal that lets you know you're missing content. It would be nice if something like this was added to the terminal. It doesn't necessarily need hints but if you for example had the following:

Player uses the Terminal in the Captains Quarters
Captains log as the header
Main Story as the sub header

-Invasion of Diome (sorry if this is the wrong name)
-Liberation of Diome

Next sub header could be called Liberties
- A Meeting in the Beehive Sector
- Group Dinner
- A friendly sporting affair
etc...

You could even add color like Green (complete), Red (incomplete), Yellow (unavailable/missing pre-requiste step) or more colorblind friendly colors than those.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Game has a lot of typos and grammar problems, I also think I saw Kara's face on a line from Tanya when last meeting Lia's grandfather. So it really needs a good proofreader to go over it all.

To add on to what Ztex said, star coloration to denote repeated actions, and to vanish if there is nothing else.

I think the hardest thing is to "Balance" Money. Going to salvage is almost always better than traveling just for trade and having to read prices.

Images and animations are good, story is unknown so far. I like the game.

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
I have no idea why some devs think free roam without any solid pointer and help system is a good thing. You completely fucked it up, dear. The game had some potential at the start but now is a complete unplayable mess. Guess some people learn from other people's mistakes and others have to experience them for themselves. Good luck with your game.
Freeroam features Gold stars for main story elements, Silver stars for repeatable events, and Blue stars for other interesting events. Non-repeatable stars disappear after completion. Pretty useful, even if not a checklist. Not everything is linear as the events unfold.

Trading between ports or salvage operations include time slots to progress the main story or side events. Building capital and profits through trade can be enhanced by discerning patterns of supply and demand. In my experience, trade done well considerably outstrips salvage over time.

The primary mechanics seem sound to me, and the secondary story elements fall into place fairly naturally. Spelling and grammar could use some cleanup, but it can be easily followed and it is superior to a lot of other offerings on F95.

Well worth the time... just takes a little effort.

[Edit] ... just ran another playthrough and it appears that some star indicators only appear once for unique events, some show for repeatable events, and some do not clear after their events have completed. These occur for all three star colors. I still like the mechanic, but I can see how some could get a bit frustrated by it.

It would be nice to have some variation of Captain quarter's scenes with Tanya and Lia. Options for different poses and different endings would spice it up a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: professorx10

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I did that little write up and completely forgot that i actually came in to post a minor bug.
Using time forward to progress to next day forces you to see ship travel animations twice. Once on day change and once again when you move locations on the ship. Doesn't seem to effect gameplay from what i could tell though.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I did that little write up and completely forgot that i actually came in to post a minor bug.
Using time forward to progress to next day forces you to see ship travel animations twice. Once on day change and once again when you move locations on the ship. Doesn't seem to effect gameplay from what i could tell though.
I have done a little testing and checked the code and have been unable to duplicate the error or identify a potential source. When advancing to the next day there is a animation where you travel through a gate should you have changed sector. There is also an animation when you land at a location. If you could provide a save game or additional information, it may assist in identifying the issue.

somebodynobody - Corrected the Kara rather than Tanya image issue. The game does have a proof reader, however given the quantity of text, there are always a few items that sneak through. If anyone has any dialogue they want fixed, just send me a PM.

ZTex - I will include a quest summary on the Captain's PC in the next version. Every single event is tracked with a variable in game, hence will be easy to create. I will also add in a scene replay feature for major events into the game with the next version. Also accessible via the Captain's PC.

For those that are enjoying the game, you may wish to consider using one of Krull's signatures that can be found here. I suspect this game has flown under the radar a little and the majority of F95 users don't even know it exists.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I have done a little testing and checked the code and have been unable to duplicate the error or identify a potential source. When advancing to the next day there is a animation where you travel through a gate should you have changed sector. There is also an animation when you land at a location. If you could provide a save game or additional information, it may assist in identifying the issue.
That might have been what i was noticing then. I thought it was just the same trigger happening twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xavster

Lurker Luke

May 12, 2020
Man I want to nail that doctor. What a great model.

And yes, I know about the repeating events. I'm greedy damn it!

Awesome game! I love a good Scifi setting!

Hollowpain

May 31, 2017
That might have been what i was noticing then. I thought it was just the same trigger happening twice.
No you were right, I had the same issue, but not every time. I have done some tests and it seems that Ren'Py still allow to click on a "room trigger" during the animation as if you were on the "map of the ship" screen. Maybe a problem of layer persistence.

This is how I triggered the bug : at night coming from one sector to another (let's call them sector 1 and sector 2), on the "map of the ship" screen, I clicked "forward". The "gate" animation to sector 2 launches with its sound. If I click during the animation on a place which had a "room trigger" back on the "map of the ship" screen, the sound turns to the "room I clicked" screen one's, and when the animation ended, I'm not on the "map of the ship" (that normally crossfade from "sector 1 color 1 night" to "sector 2 color 2 early"), but instead I'm on the "room I clicked" screen and still "sector 1 night", so when I click "forward" again it launches the "gate" animation to sector 2 again.

Hope you can understand what I mean Xavster, if you need more infos I will try to tell despite my bad English.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZTex and Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
No you were right, I had the same issue, but not every time. I have done some tests and it seems that Ren'Py still allow to click on a "room trigger" during the animation as if you were on the "map of the ship" screen. Maybe a problem of layer persistence.

This is how I triggered the bug : at night coming from one sector to another (let's call them sector 1 and sector 2), on the "map of the ship" screen, I clicked "forward". The "gate" animation to sector 2 launches with its sound. If I click during the animation on a place which had a "room trigger" back on the "map of the ship" screen, the sound turns to the "room I clicked" screen one's, and when the animation ended, I'm not on the "map of the ship" (that normally crossfade from "sector 1 color 1 night" to "sector 2 color 2 early"), but instead I'm on the "room I clicked" screen and still "sector 1 night", so when I click "forward" again it launches the "gate" animation to sector 2 again.

Hope you can understand what I mean Xavster, if you need more infos I will try to tell despite my bad English.
Thanks, can see the glitch now. Will see what I can do to fix. Note that glitch appears if you click during animation, as the map screen is still active. Have just done a hide screen command during the advance day label, which removes the problem. When advancing overnight via the map screen, the way I have just adjusted it shows sunrise in the Captain's room following gate animation. Let me know if you want me to have it jump back to the map screen in the morning, if you were advancing time via this method.

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Nice update especialy about Lia and her powers.

Thought how should i say this best....The Dion arc was honestly a plan of a absolute fool, not what what i expected from a seasoned military officer...i mean lets blow up a ship...several days later the second....and several days later try the last...of course anyone would suspect something and lay out a trap, i mean the obvious choice would be collect spider bots prepare them, try the first one---> success---> send the other bots no time for the enemy to prepare...

Same for the arms dealer, u steal from a genocidal mass muderer which u are warned that no one steals from and its obvius that he will come after u....why not, steal--->escape--->drop a bomb or something explosive (fuel, a large piece of junk with high speed droped from cargohold) at the outpost and be over with and u do the galaxy a favor.

Well enough ranting, i really like the game, i hope for more Kara content she is my favorit...that being said i hope we can stop that lesbian(rachel ithink was the name)...i don't like her (and the doctor)...and don't want to share Kara with her...

Last edited:

Hollowpain

May 31, 2017
Thanks, can see the glitch now. Will see what I can do to fix. Note that glitch appears if you click during animation, as the map screen is still active. Have just done a hide screen command during the advance day label, which removes the problem. When advancing overnight via the map screen, the way I have just adjusted it shows sunrise in the Captain's room following gate animation. Let me know if you want me to have it jump back to the map screen in the morning, if you were advancing time via this method.
I would say that seeing the sunrise every morning is better. It may be quite annoying before the game is complete, because in the end of a playthrough I bash the forward trigger on the map screen as I look for any Stars that I may have forgotten, but in the final version of the game it will give some sense of the time passing.

You may want to add this kind of beacon on the Sunday morning as well, to show the passage of the week (how many time did my crew haven't been paid because of me automatically buying a cargo just before the meeting, forgrting it was already Sunday :LOL: ).

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Nice update especialy about Lia and her powers.

Thought how should i say this best....The Dion arc was honestly a plan of a absolute fool, not what what i expected from a seasoned military officer...i mean lets blow up a ship...several days later the second....and several days later try the last...of course anyone would suspect something and lay out a trap, i mean the obvious choice would be collect spider bots prepare them, try the first one---> success---> send the other bots no time for the enemy to prepare...

Same for the arms dealer, u steal from a genocidal mass muderer which u are warned that no one steals from and its obvius that he will come after u....why not, steal--->escape--->drop a bomb or something explosive (fuel, a large piece of junk with high speed droped from cargohold) at the outpost and be over with and u do the galaxy a favor.

Well enough ranting, i really like the game, i hope for more Kara content she is my favorit...that being said i hope we can stop that lesbian(rachel ithink was the name)...i don't like her (and the doctor)...and don't want to share Kara with her...
Given plot discussion I have placed in spoiler.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MrLakes1579

Mar 1, 2019
Why do people keep wanting to kill the lesbian stuff? I look really hard for games with good lesbian content and get annoyed when games with lots of lesbian content just turn into Charles Manson cult simulator version #973

• Angry
Reactions: fUzZyDiZe

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Xvaster…."If anyone has any dialogue they want fixed, just send me a PM." will this post do? I only have one typo that bugs me.... I love to replay the prolog but every time anyone brings up the fact that the MC was a military guy they mention he was in the "space core"..... It's Space CORPS ...even though pronounced the same. (makes it sound like a half eaten apple)
I've just started going through this update and I'm blasted! I just love this game... (especially where Grandad said the MC'd get his nuts burned off if he screwed up!! ROTHLMAO!! ) This damn game has hit all my buttons so far (Lea's a WHAT?! --Then a great 'h' scene!!) Ok, I haven't finished yet. THis game is like fine wine to me.... God I hate to get to the end of each update.
Oh, One suggestion. Now you make more money trading than salvaging... why not put some easter egg in one of the derelict ships? (10000credits?) to make that mini game more worth while? Will Money be important later...or is it just a side show? Ok, thanks a million for a great game!

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Xvaster…."If anyone has any dialogue they want fixed, just send me a PM." will this post do? I only have one typo that bugs me.... I love to replay the prolog but every time anyone brings up the fact that the MC was a military guy they mention he was in the "space core"..... It's Space CORPS ...even though pronounced the same. (makes it sound like a half eaten apple)
I've just started going through this update and I'm blasted! I just love this game... (especially where Grandad said the MC'd get his nuts burned off if he screwed up!! ROTHLMAO!! ) This damn game has hit all my buttons so far (Lea's a WHAT?! --Then a great 'h' scene!!) Ok, I haven't finished yet. THis game is like fine wine to me.... God I hate to get to the end of each update.
Oh, One suggestion. Now you make more money trading than salvaging... why not put some easter egg in one of the derelict ships? (10000credits?) to make that mini game more worth while? Will Money be important later...or is it just a side show? Ok, thanks a million for a great game!
Thanks for the feedback. In terms of making credits, there are instances where salvage can be extremely profitable (>10,000 credits), however the instances in which this occurs is fairly rare (exotic ship + good condition). Salvage is almost no risk, whilst you actually have to make the right decisions with trading, just to make a profit. The credits will be put to good use in the next version through upgrades to the strip club. The club will start with only the 1 performer (left over from Vince times). You will need to acquire additional performers via your personnel funds. Additionally, I will start to include some other purchase options such as clothing. A bit further down the track, I am also intending you can purchase property, which will have an effect on various crew relationships.

Note: Already started work on 0.50 and have created polls on the Patreon site, to decide on outfits for 3 of the club performers.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Why do people keep wanting to kill the lesbian stuff? I look really hard for games with good lesbian content and get annoyed when games with lots of lesbian content just turn into Charles Manson cult simulator version #973
I didn't mean to say kill all lesbian stuff, just making it optional.
For example if u don't like certain characters u don't want share with them (Doc +Redhead in my case), while with others like Tanja + Lia which both are in a relationship with MC im absolutley fine with if they have some fun with each other.

Reactions: battali0n

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
To give you an idea of what I am planning romantically moving forwards, the crew will somewhat split into factions. The intent is to have a sort of multi-sided see-saw, where as you pay more attention to one portion, the romantic options with rival groups will change. You will however be able to adjust this balance by changing your interactions with crew. Hence nothing is truly set in stone and you should be able to explore all content if you switch focus. This balance will also be used to affect the interactions between various portions of the crew.

It may take a bit of trial and error, however I plan to establish this in the next version. Clearly one of the factions will be Lia / Tanya, but what are the others? :unsure:

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes