CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
im really diggin the story and love the characters! there arent many good space crawling adult games out there and this one is on top of the list of those that are! your renders are amazing and aside from some minor lag in the animations (my comp is an old piece of crap tbh so more an issue on my end) ive really enjoyed playing the game! however, if i could offer some advice... i feel there could be some more idle chit chat between the crew and the MC! for example, if you were to talk to one of the groups of girls sitting at the table or on the couches you could have an option to talk about their day or maybe a flirt option or something along that line. hearing the same "sorry cant talk, im busy right now" line of dialouge gets a bit boring when your trying to find someone to interact with to pass time! in the end this is just an idea i had that might be of interest to you. heard mention of the faction thing and dont know if this is gonna be anything like what i suggested, but any extra ways of interacting with the crew will be welcome additions!
one final note... can we get some more interaction with Doc Julia?! please? like ask Tanya and Lia if they dont mind letting the doc do a "full physical"... if ya know what i mean! *wink wink*

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Is this a kinetic novel? There are no choices what so ever yet it says "sandbox" what gives?

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
Is this a kinetic novel? There are no choices what so ever yet it says "sandbox" what gives?
Are you still on the prologue? the prologue is... well a prologue (though admittedly a rather long one), there aren't choices during it, the sandbox starts right after you finish it iirc

Maxdun

May 17, 2019
I just discovered the game today and I really like it so far! Well written, nice artwork, the Firefly vibe, pretty much eveything I didn't know I wanted !

After a while I had a crash and lost quite a bit of progress, I was disapointed but it's mostly on me for not saving.
I then tried to reproduce it. I get a crash consistently everytime I click on the minor event silver star in the engine room via the fast travel system. Clicking that same star in the other rooms just transports you there fine so I hope it's just a minor typo in the code that can be fixed in the future.

I'm putting the error message a got below, hope it helps
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good luck in the rest of development !

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I just discovered the game today and I really like it so far! Well written, nice artwork, the Firefly vibe, pretty much eveything I didn't know I wanted !

After a while I had a crash and lost quite a bit of progress, I was disapointed but it's mostly on me for not saving.
I then tried to reproduce it. I get a crash consistently everytime I click on the minor event silver star in the engine room via the fast travel system. Clicking that same star in the other rooms just transports you there fine so I hope it's just a minor typo in the code that can be fixed in the future.

I'm putting the error message a got below, hope it helps

Good luck in the rest of development !
Thanks for the feedback. Found the error in the code and have already fixed on my version. You got fairly unlucky as the error only shows up for 1 event and only if you click on the star. "engine" should have been "engine_l".

I am intending on uploading another version in a couple of days with minor bug fixes. It will also implementation a quest tracker / replay system which I coded yesterday.

Reactions: Ghostly

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Really great game!
Wonderful katas representations.
Reminds me of a 1980's rpg Traveler.

One bug that has probably been reported is when you haave the potion to punch the salvager or just ignore him. Either choice I ended up punching him.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Really great game!
Wonderful katas representations.
Reminds me of a 1980's rpg Traveler.

One bug that has probably been reported is when you have the option to punch the salvager or just ignore him. Either choice I ended up punching him.
Thanks for the feedback. He gets knocked out either way, either by yourself or Kara. The images and dialogue should differ between the options.

Reactions: RustyV and Ghostly

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The MC can invite Tanya to his room to have sex and spend the night with him. Randomly afterward Lia may show up and ask to sleep with you. She brings her teddy bear and sleeps in the bed between the MC and Tanya. Lia asking to spend the night event will occur even after she and the MC have had sex themselves.
However after the MC has had sex with Lia why does she still behave the same way as she did prior to them engaging in a sexual relationship when she sleeps in the bed? Shouldn't Lia at least dress a little more sexy?
Seems like a set up for a threeway that never happens.
Overall a really fun VN.

Reactions: MrLakes1579

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
The MC can invite Tanya to his room to have sex and spend the night with him. Randomly afterward Lia may show up and ask to sleep with you. She brings her teddy bear and sleeps in the bed between the MC and Tanya. Lia asking to spend the night event will occur even after she and the MC have had sex themselves.
However after the MC has had sex with Lia why does she still behave the same way as she did prior to them engaging in a sexual relationship when she sleeps in the bed? Shouldn't Lia at least dress a little more sexy?
Seems like a set up for a threeway that never happens.
Overall a really fun VN.
If I am not mistaken, the dialog she has when getting into bet later does change. It just doesn't change right away after you first have sex with Lia. I think it changes after the Dione ceremony. It isn't drastic by any means.

Reactions: RustyV

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Does Lia's pole dancing class ever include her stripping?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Not as it stands now. Not sure if the dev is progressing with that one. It is just a repeatable event on Thursdays right now.
The next version has a significant quantity of content focused on the strip club on Gideon. I am doing this largely to challenge myself in regards to animation skills. Once an animation has been created, it can be run across a number of characters relatively easy with minor tweaks. Hence Tuesday night classes could included animated performances from Lia and Tanya. Could be a couple of versions until I get around to this though.

In relation to changing reactions as relationships develop, it is actually quite difficult to do in the current environment I have created. With each new major event, I have to utilise the tracker for that event to control what options are available, and create new options at times. For example, feedback from the first beta (included main story line), highlighted that I needed to adjust some of the Lia reactions, which I have done to a degree. Moving forwards, I am going to adjust the system slightly. With the relationship see-saw I mentioned earlier, when you focus on a faction more intensely, their relative score will increase. Their interactions with the main character will change based upon this score. As a simple example they would refer to you as Captain with a low score and with your nick name at a high score. The lewd content options available at any time, would then be a combination of the see-saw score and also the development along their relationship story line.

Reactions: Ghostly and RustyV

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Going through the game the second time, I stumbled upon the side story of rescuing the Londoners. Whoa...great diversion. I totally missed that the first play through and even now, I'm not sure what I did that triggered it. All I know is I got invited to the pub at beehive station(?). So am I dim or is this sequence random or is there an action/trigger that I missed?
BTW, if you decide to, this 'side story loop' is a great idea. It really added to the play through even though it didn't advance the main plot...in fact, I didn't mind that at all. You could add a few more of these for my 2 cents worth/opinion. I just love surprises, don't you!!?? :)

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Going through the game the second time, I stumbled upon the side story of rescuing the Londoners. Whoa...great diversion. I totally missed that the first play through and even now, I'm not sure what I did that triggered it. All I know is I got invited to the pub at beehive station(?). So am I dim or is this sequence random or is there an action/trigger that I missed?
BTW, if you decide to, this 'side story loop' is a great idea. It really added to the play through even though it didn't advance the main plot...in fact, I didn't mind that at all. You could add a few more of these for my 2 cents worth/opinion. I just love surprises, don't you!!?? :)
The side quests are triggered by visiting the Beehive Station. I have inserted a timer such that you can only do 1 each week of game time and they are not repeatable due to their nature. They will all lead to significantly different outcomes, as I don't have to significantly adjust the main story line content moving forwards to account for these outcomes.

The plan moving forwards to to have one each version moving forwards. The one in London took me a week to complete (Although it was one heck of a busy week). Currently, the one I have planned for the next version is going to be set in a western theme. A few others I have in mind are on a lava planet setting / ice planet setting and jungle planet setting.

What I really want is a temporary diversion from the style used in the main story each episode. Similarly, this is the reason for the adult channel episodes that will feature a certain crew member. ;)

Reactions: Ghostly

48FE1B4206

Dec 27, 2016
Hey is there a way to support you that's not patreon?

Also please bring back the Pixie cut :( why is she growing her hair back.

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hey is there a way to support you that's not patreon?

Also please bring back the Pixie cut :( why is she growing her hair back.
Probably the easiest way to support me outside Patreon is to increase awareness of the game by utilising one of the signatures Krull has created for the game. Honestly the other support platforms are not financially effective. Hence instead of financial support, just express your enthusiasm for the game. Be active in the thread, use a signature or contribute a review.
Krull Fan Sig

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2019/08/379671_Calli-fan7.gif

In reference to Tiffany, the adjustment of her haircut was to demonstrate her increase in maturity. However having said this, the intent is to allow the player to mould her to their desires. Whilst allowing the user to control hair style is not practical in terms of the group / navigation style content, when you are alone it's another matter.

PS: The work required to change her haircut from Pixie to current hairstyle in the current game required rendering of hundreds of images. To allow the selection of hairstyle it would require duplication of every single image in which she appears, in each hairstyle. Whilst heavy tailoring of characters when they are 2D sprites is easy, it is not practical in the 3D environment.

PPS: This is also why the crew was established prior to the free roaming portion of the game.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I thought Tiffany's growing hair was a visual method to allude to the passing of time. A friend who cuts hair once tole me hair for Westerns grows about 5 inches a year. Now assuming there is not some futuristic quick hair grow process they would have been on the ship for about two years.

I have been associated with the strip club industry for years (sigh) and strip clubs are breeding grounds of drama. Really intense drama mostly inane drama. Big issue was girls fighting over "You danced to my song". In a real world strip club issue, clubs were not eligible for the federal business loans to survive the Wuhan virus.

IMO the dev is creating a really outstanding VN and a complex game world. Great game.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes