botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
On a completely different matter, I haven't played this since before the free-roam, since I hate wasting time checking places to find new content, I shy away from most sandbox style type of games early in development.
How does the free-roam/Sandbox part of the game play? Is it frustrating? Is there a lot of grinding? Is it concentrated on story-telling or game mechanics?

erkper

May 16, 2018
On a completely different matter, I haven't played this since before the free-roam, since I hate wasting time checking places to find new content, I shy away from most sandbox style type of games early in development.
How does the free-roam/Sandbox part of the game play? Is it frustrating? Is there a lot of grinding? Is it concentrated on story-telling or game mechanics?
The ship map uses a star system to indicate events that will happen in free-roam. It's pretty well-designed, there is rarely any reason to waste your time going to locations to see that "nothing is happening here."

I generally don't like free-roam sandbox games, but this one is a big exception. Definitely don't shy away just because of that sandbox tag.

darkslayer5

Special Kind of Hero
Donor
Compressor
Feb 14, 2020
Callisto [v0.41] [Xavster] - Original Size: 1.03GB

Compressed version for PC (541MB): -
done by UnRen v0.8 (Sam@F95zone) & Cruncher v0.4.1 (bas@F95zone)

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
According the Quest Tracker

I've got a side mission left to do, any know how to trigger it
and I seems to have bypassed something in the engine room, can someone tell me what that was.
Thanks

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
Is it the one about kidnappings where you found out the mayor is part of it
If the one you noted is listed Side Mission 1, I completed it and the tracker did not catch it.

Looks like I somehow missed a couple of Miscellaneous ones somehow. Might call for a replay sometime.

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
According the Quest Tracker

I've got a side mission left to do, any know how to trigger it
and I seems to have bypassed something in the engine room, can someone tell me what that was.
Thanks

View attachment 714652
I would not get particularly concerned about missing a couple of the miscellaneous quests or one of the trading lessons quests. Be design, certain events are disabled after things happen on the ship. The events that you may skip are minor in nature.

If the one you noted is listed Side Mission 1, I completed it and the tracker did not catch it.

Looks like I somehow missed a couple of Miscellaneous ones somehow. Might call for a replay sometime.
In relation to the side mission not showing up as complete, I have checked the code and it appears correct. If anyone has seen the same issue, would you please advise. Note that once you complete, it should show up as a replay, where you can actually try different options (not that you can actually benefit from these).

PS: It would be better to place the quest tracker progress in a spoiler given that once complete it gives the actual names of the sequences rather than just a title like XXXXX - Part 1.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
I would not get particularly concerned about missing a couple of the miscellaneous quests or one of the trading lessons quests. Be design, certain events are disabled after things happen on the ship. The events that you may skip are minor in nature.

In relation to the side mission not showing up as complete, I have checked the code and it appears correct. If anyone has seen the same issue, would you please advise. Note that once you complete, it should show up as a replay, where you can actually try different options (not that you can actually benefit from these).

PS: It would be better to place the quest tracker progress in a spoiler given that once complete it gives the actual names of the sequences rather than just a title like XXXXX - Part 1.
Here's my last save if you'd like to take a look at

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018

Here's my last save if you'd like to take a look at
I've worked out where I went wrong with the code. It is a little glitch in the tracker, as I had the side tracker side_01 take on multiple values, depending upon whether you took up the mission or not. To fix I just had to change 1 line of code in the quest tracker label.

It's already fixed for the next version, however I don't believe by itself warrants another minor revision. Note that this small glitch will not cause any problems with your play through or future playing. When you pick up the game on the next version this glitch in the tracker will resolve itself (no need to repeat side quest).

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
Looks good, but currently playing enough games that are far from done.

So just curious does this game have enough content to be worth playing now or does it leave a very unsatisfied "need" next update vibe (due to deep desire to see more uncomplete story, which again currently have to many).

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
There is a fairly substantial main mission with a nice after effect.
It's a very good VN so you'll want more no matter how much content there is.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes