MrLakes1579

Mar 1, 2019
I like it a lot but having a hard time getting started. I do like Tanya so far with the classification of "best girlfriend ever." The degree of sharing I'm seeing so far is right where I want it I like the thought of everyone on the crew being in two or three relationships simultaneously with the option for sex with others.

I saw something in an earlier comment I agree with. This so far is one of the better games of its type. It takes a lot from different sci fi franchises but makes that its own to the point of almost not even being parody. That said if anyone ever read about what Gene Rodenberry from Star Trek was really like, a handsome rugged captain who is nailing his entire crew of cute aliens might be closer to his vision than you'd think.

But I have to be honest I'm struggling with getting the money started in this game.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
But I have to be honest I'm struggling with getting the money started in this game.
Trading is initially quite difficult, however gets far easier as you progress the story and get some assistance. If you take a look at the sector information of the Captain's PC it also indicates the main imports / exports from each sector. If you follow this advice and travel Orion --> Beehive --> Pleiades you will have far more success with trading.

There is also a map / hint system that will make it easy to progress the main story if you are not aware of it already.

Reactions: Ghostly

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
To give you an idea of what I am planning romantically moving forwards, the crew will somewhat split into factions. The intent is to have a sort of multi-sided see-saw, where as you pay more attention to one portion, the romantic options with rival groups will change. You will however be able to adjust this balance by changing your interactions with crew. Hence nothing is truly set in stone and you should be able to explore all content if you switch focus. This balance will also be used to affect the interactions between various portions of the crew.

It may take a bit of trial and error, however I plan to establish this in the next version. Clearly one of the factions will be Lia / Tanya, but what are the others? :unsure:
I forgot about the names, but unless there will be a consequence of the red head constantly courting Kara, then the other two factions as of now seems to be the nurse-blondie, Kara-red head-the one that's your profile pic.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
It may take a bit of trial and error, however I plan to establish this in the next version. Clearly one of the factions will be Lia / Tanya, but what are the others?
Well i'd say
Tanja + Lia are clear
Alice + Rachel are close and seem to be in some sort of relationship
Julia + Tiffany seem like they getting along
Kara seems friends with Tanja in prolog and being hired by MC seems also a importent fact for her, so i would group her with Tanja or mostly direct with MC outside of the other groups

Last edited:

MrLakes1579

Mar 1, 2019
Well i'd say
Tanja + Lia are clear
Alice + Rachel are close and seem to be in some sort of relationship
Julia + Tiffany seem like they getting along
Kara seems friends with Tanja in prolog and being hired by MC seems also a importent fact for her, so i would group her with Tanja or mostly direct with MC outside of the other groups
The implication I'm getting is that Alice and Rachel's relationship is in trouble. Rachel is attempting to cheat on Alice with Kara and Alice seems somewhat focused on Tiffany.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
The implication I'm getting is that Alice and Rachel's relationship is in trouble. Rachel is attempting to cheat on Alice with Kara and Alice seems somewhat focused on Tiffany.
Hm...i think it is too early to say that, as we don't really know much about Rachel/Alice relationship, could be they are simply open for other flings...

Yeah Rachel seems fixed on Kara....i would have loved the option:
the MC comes in---> Rachel speaks about bs kissing training ---> MC, ah training now thats important task i will take over from here u can go, or stay and watch but no hands on :p

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Hm...i think it is too early to say that, as we don't really know much about Rachel/Alice relationship, could be they are simply open for other flings...
Yes, we know a little. Alice doesn't seem to like sharing, see her reaction when Kara disguised as human and Rachel was touching her tit.

Reactions: MrLakes1579

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yes, we know a little. Alice doesn't seem to like sharing, see her reaction when Kara disguised as human and Rachel was touching her tit.
True...i did forgett that and Alice also tells a bit about her backstory to MC, but beside that, it isn't much known about Rachel/Alice relationship.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Did Xavster ever reply to this? I can't find anything about future tags.
As a bit of a guide to tags in future versions:
- cosplay
- domination
- submission
- anal sex
There is not planned to be anything particularly extreme and no NTR planned.

True...i did forgett that and Alice also tells a bit about her backstory to MC, but beside that, it isn't much known about Rachel/Alice relationship.
I have plans to do a Rachel backstory in 0.6 and an a combined Rachel / Alice story in 0.7.

is mc going to ba able to romance and sex with the rest of the crew like kara and racheal and the rest
Pretty much all the characters are going to be romance-able to a certain extent. Kara will be one of the main romantic options in the game, whilst Rachel is a minor romantic option. This will all become clearer in the next version once the 'faction' system is implemented.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I didn't mean to say kill all lesbian stuff, just making it optional.
For example if u don't like certain characters u don't want share with them (Doc +Redhead in my case), while with others like Tanja + Lia which both are in a relationship with MC im absolutley fine with if they have some fun with each other.
After giving it another go, Kara is definitely my favourite. Hopefully You get to stage where you can close the door on the Rachel/Kara sensual events happening. I get them exercising but Found it bugging the repeated events of them making out.

How will this faction system work if you ignore part of faction, ignore Tanya but dote on lia?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
How will this faction system work if you ignore part of faction, ignore Tanya but dote on lia?
I will attempt to make the romantic options as flexible as possible, however there are limits to the alternatives I can create, Hence there is likely to be 1 on 1 events with particular crew members in a faction, and also events that involve multiple members within a faction. With the plan for a sort of see-saw mechanic, you can tilt towards one faction to make available all repeatable romantic options. This will however temporarily limit romantic options with other factions. You can however change the focus of the see-saw, by focusing on other crew members.

Still open to suggestions of alternative systems or tweaks, however I want to create some friction between crew members for the Captain's affections. Should provide the opportunity of creating interesting interactions between various crew members.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I will attempt to make the romantic options as flexible as possible, however there are limits to the alternatives I can create, Hence there is likely to be 1 on 1 events with particular crew members in a faction, and also events that involve multiple members within a faction. With the plan for a sort of see-saw mechanic, you can tilt towards one faction to make available all repeatable romantic options. This will however temporarily limit romantic options with other factions. You can however change the focus of the see-saw, by focusing on other crew members.

Still open to suggestions of alternative systems or tweaks, however I want to create some friction between crew members for the Captain's affections. Should provide the opportunity of creating interesting interactions between various crew members.
Just a thought but as an addition to this faction system have some characters be more open to moving between them based on relationship with the capitain and others in the faction.

As an example lets say the Capitain is actively Racheal perhaps he can help/mend her relationship with Alice so that Alice will be open to sexual activities but not actively seek joining the faction due to a difference in buisness ideology.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Just a thought but as an addition to this faction system have some characters be more open to moving between them based on relationship with the capitain and others in the faction.

As an example lets say the Capitain is actively Racheal perhaps he can help/mend her relationship with Alice so that Alice will be open to sexual activities but not actively seek joining the faction due to a difference in buisness ideology.
The faction system is intended to have 3 effects.
- Allow the MC to control the nature of interactions with the crew. More formal or less formal interactions.
- Provide a mechanism to control interactions between crew members. Fun conflict / pranks etc.
- Eventually lead to which epilogue you end up with.

Some crew members will never really be in a faction. However this characters are secondary love interests on perhaps just a friend.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Xavster, In reviewing your plans for the crew interactions I think you're 'right on' This should bring variety and interest to the game. Two suggestions that will kick it up to the next level without heavy programming. One thing that I'd like to see is for the MC to develop his character. The second is to make sure the adversary/ problems we encounter follow a story arc that requires the MC to develop. Of course his character choices lead to different outcomes. This together with your crew interactions plans will create a great -- no, exceptional game experience. The prolog got me hooked because of MC character improvement. I'd like to see him face bigger problems (after all, he's got a valuable crew to 'husband'...and that could add the danger-trouble-potential tragedy) and grow into a true hero (or not?). Thanks for a great game so far.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
There were nice things with character development (Lia especially), but Dione battle could have been better.

Also, some of the moving inside ship could be better. For example corridor. if you visit engine room and decide go to fore of the ship, it's not intuitive to get through that by pressing arrow at the bottom of screen. It would be better if there were two different looks for that room, depending on which direction you arrive and way through would always at the opposite side of room.

When you enter shower, exit is either left or right, but when you enter medbay on the other side of corridot, exit is at the bottom of screen. Not logical. Perhaps add another exit (right side) for Medbay too or make shower have bottom exit only also?

Or perhaps I should just stick to using ship's fast navigation window and forget running around ship altogether :)

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
There were nice things with character development (Lia especially), but Dione battle could have been better.
I assume you caught the Lia animation?

Also, some of the moving inside ship could be better. For example corridor. if you visit engine room and decide go to fore of the ship, it's not intuitive to get through that by pressing arrow at the bottom of screen. It would be better if there were two different looks for that room, depending on which direction you arrive and way through would always at the opposite side of room.
I'll take a look to see what I can do here. Sometimes the camera angle doesn't allow you to provide the appropriate locations to click on. Hence if you exit the engine room I have to make all of the bedrooms, medbay, shower and common room available. The view in the spoiler below kinda works when exiting the engine room, but doesn't work when leaving the crew quarters.

When you enter shower, exit is either left or right, but when you enter medbay on the other side of corridot, exit is at the bottom of screen. Not logical. Perhaps add another exit (right side) for Medbay too or make shower have bottom exit only also?
Or perhaps I should just stick to using ship's fast navigation window and forget running around ship altogether :)
I'll tweak in 0.50 to add in the additional navigation I intended in the first place. You enter the shower room to changing area and the left turn to look at the shower. So from shower area it would be left back to corridor and right back to changing area. I don't really have any content that focuses on the changing area at this point, which is why you have the current navigation.

Reactions: Krull and Ghostly
4.20 star(s) 118 Votes