Dalish

Mar 18, 2019
Salvaging is a little bit of the luck of the draw (which ship / damage level). Each time you attempt salvage, you will be presented with a couple of ship options with differing damage. The potential income varies greatly from ~1,000 credits to ~15,000 credits. Trading is a more reliable source of income once you understand the regional pricing. The advantage of salvage is that you can't loose money from the venture. Note that the more profitable salvage options are deliberately rarer than the more mundane ones.

PS: The earned credits can be put to good use starting with v0.50.
Oh ok so its pretty much a dice roll on what you'll get. Guess its my luck thats garbage then lol. I've been dropping my credits back into the mission fund when I'm low on $ cause I feel like crap for not paying them more than at least 500. I didn't even pay them for like the first 4 weeks anyway :LOL:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Oh ok so its pretty much a dice roll on what you'll get. Guess its my luck thats garbage then lol. I've been dropping my credits back into the mission fund when I'm low on $ cause I feel like crap for not paying them more than at least 500. I didn't even pay them for like the first 4 weeks anyway :LOL:
You will make out well when you encounter an advanced ship / large freighter with little damage.

As far as paying your crew, it easiest to just let the game take care of it. Essentially everything over 20,000 credits is skimmed off the ship's working capital to pay the crew, including yourself. You can use your personnel funds to purchase other items come v0.50 and the total payouts to the crew will also affect other matters from v0.50 onwards.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

erkper

May 16, 2018
there seems to hit a point in my salvage runs also where any option you get is shit thumbs down for everything, saved and both ships all options are garbage
As Xavster said, it's luck of the draw so once in a while you will get all garbage results. One hidden bonus to salvage is you can do it all without leaving the Beehive sector, so your operating costs are much lower than if you are travelling sector to sector trading (since a large part of your costs are based on number of jumps.)

Reactions: professorx10

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Excellent start and engaging. Call a nerd of nerds, but Sci Fi without Cthulu monster tentacles so far is a win!
Love the characters. Love that the MC isn't some 18 year old kid. Love the whole thing. Keep up the good work and I will definitely buy!!!!

Regin34

Apr 18, 2019
Anybody could tell me how to start Kara backstory 2? I finished already main plot and I can't find it. And sidemission too.

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Anybody could tell me how to start Kara backstory 2? I finished already main plot and I can't find it. And sidemission too.
The second Kara backstory will start if you visit her in her room in the morning (Mon, Thur, Sat), provided you have completed the Liberation of Dione content.

There is a bug in the quest tracker related to the side mission. Hence if you have visited old London, then you have already completed it. If not, just visit Beehive Station. Note that you can fix this bug by updating the file.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Just provided the weekly Patreon update for my Patreons. Managed to complete the strip club implementation in game and have posted a couple of images on Twitter. Note that I haven't publicised the presence of the account till now, so if your quick you could be the first follower. ;)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yup ... there is this nuptials reminder of the vows they tell eachother some nights...
1602211112067.png

Anybody wanna see where this leads?

Do play the game and be sure to conquer more than her heart!

Game oN!

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Wondering will it be possible to get a better ship in game.
Sort of. There will be an opportunity to captain other ships, however the current ship will remain for the free roam portion of the game. It comes down to the limitations of game design, where creating a new ship would double the images required for the game.

Deleted member 770309

Jul 23, 2018
Sort of. There will be an opportunity to captain other ships, however the current ship will remain for the free roam portion of the game. It comes down to the limitations of game design, where creating a new ship would double the images required for the game.
Thank you for answering my question my good man.

Reactions: Xavster

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Oh .. shocks ... so many babes .. so little a ship to surprise-go honky on them ....
where creating a new ship
The inside stays the same, modular and stuff, think star treck, star wars, enterprise, you name it.
Basically submarines modulated around.

All you need to do is a map to move the model space ship around on screen.
It is all the crew sees anyways ... the blip going from section 1 to section 5432 of the stars map.

Just prioritize the insides of the chambers that will accomodate for the love actions and game oN!

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Oh .. shocks ... so many babes .. so little a ship to surprise-go honky on them ....

The inside stays the same, modular and stuff, think star treck, star wars, enterprise, you name it.
Basically submarines modulated around.

All you need to do is a map to move the model space ship around on screen.
It is all the crew sees anyways ... the blip going from section 1 to section 5432 of the stars map.

Just prioritize the insides of the chambers that will accomodate for the love actions and game oN!
It's actually a lot more complicated than you make out. If you are not familiar with creating a game in Ren'Py, the conclusion is understandable. Whilst creating alternative ships is possible, it would take me months and really wouldn't add much to the game. Besides hasn't Callisto starting feeling like home? I'm sure you would miss it.

PS: Additional locations are being added with successive versions. Hence you will have some variety other than scenes located on the ship.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I personally love the Callisto.. While it wouldn't necessarily require scenes to do so, it would be nice if head cannon wise we could get the ship upgraded Millennium Falcon style!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This ship is always cramming them babes in the shower.
They are having trouble fitting in the livingroom (some need to use the floor)
There seems to be only one long table in the style of the medieval castle royals that fits them all.
That one, sadly, only gets used in the weekends for briefings.
this is a jest on the issue of recurring events with many gurls in tight spaces, pun intended!
There you have it .. not much room to take a breath.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Hey guys, this is a small freighter...with a crew to dream of..

To quote my favorite red head...

"Captain, I couldn't help but notice that your entire crew seems to consist of attractive nubile women. Care to explain?"

Explain? Not a chance. This is just where I want to be...on a small freighter (where no one can hide)...full of 'attractive nubile women' voyaging among the stars....

And as Rachael said, "I think I'm going to like this ship." :cool: (and I do!)

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes