Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Very nice SCIFI story, really nice CGs. Keep up the good work, pal!

Thumbs up!! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

p.s.: adding some nice music was such a good idea. Many many devs should learn from this.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Thought I would give an update of what I have been up to over the past couple of weeks. Despite lack of posts, I have been working hard to establish the structure for the main game. This includes fleshing out of all of the crew rooms and creating the navigation screens / code to allow the player to traverse the ship / universe. I am happy to say things are going really well. After publishing the original kinetic novel, I was somewhat apprehensive that I would not be able to create the game I intended. After testing various Ren'Py code, I am confident that I will able to be achieve what I envisioned.

On to specifics, this is what I have been up to:
- Creating the remaining rooms on the Callisto
- Kara's Room
- Alice / Rachel's Room
- Julia / Tiffany's Room
- Captain's Room
- Common Area Updates
- Tweaked a couple of characters
- Julia model to make a little younger (some poses had her image going from Milf to Gilf which wasn't intended).
- Tweaked Alice skin to give her a more human look. Due to lack of skin detail was looking kinda ghost-like.
- Creating all of the navigation renders
- Tanya / Lia Room
- Kara Room
- Alice / Rachel Room
- Ren'Py coding investigation
- Game traversing using imagemaps / jump
- Trading economics using python \ math coding

Plan moving forward is to create renders and Ren'Py coding / story in parallel. On the earlier kinetic novel, I created the renders first and then created the code / story second. What this meant is that I had a period where I was doing pure Ren'Py coding, where rendering images / video was not occurring. This delayed the publish time significantly. As I post this, I have 15 images queue'd for rendering and about another 50 ready to go. Today was spent investigating Ren'Py coding and tailoring the Captain room design, whilst rending Alice / Rachel room content. My intent is to keep the render queue occupied, whilst I develop other aspects of the game.

By investing the time tailoring the location scenes, I can achieve the render quality I am striving for in an acceptable time. Currently I am rendering at 4k, applying external denoizer and then down-sampling to 1080p. With my current hardware, this means that a render is taking 45 mins for 200 iterations. As a preview of what to expect, please see below. This is the base quality of what to expect on ship navigation screens and just one of the hundred or so images i have render over the past week..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Note: I am trying to create sufficient content to ensure that the player is immersed in the game environment. They will have control over what they do and where they travel. I wish to ensure that the game reflects these choices and provides content that the player desires.

PS: I am highly active on P95, should you have any queries / requests, please feel free to post. ;)

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Good job. Looks like things are advancing well. It takes dedication to start project like this.

I have also story I'd like to tell, but I'm so lazy that it's unlikely that I'll ever get anything done. Only thing I've done so far is creating Honey Select cards of the characters, getting some background images and written some story. I've barely tested creating images and have no clue about coding :)

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I have a question
Patreon Page when ?
Current thought is to create one after I publish Callisto 0.3. At this point I will have the framework of the game established (0.2) and be able to prove that I can create additional content on a reliable basis. I expect this will be early next year.

AnimeHentaiGamer

Aug 29, 2017
i would love to have some choices, but this dude seriously knows how to do good renders, and the girls are very hot.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Most of the navigation / chat renders for the girls room complete (~150 off) and currently working on the array of shower renders. To keep with the sci-fi theme, I have adjusted the shower area with metallic looking tiles. Teaser in spoiler below.

slimlayzie

May 22, 2018
This is looking really good so far, LOVE Firefly and as someone else mentioned I also got a bit of a Farscape vibe from it....which is not a bad thing at all.

Also, just to maybe help with getting the word out (as I had completely missed this originally) you may want to update the first post with a link to the post Krull did with the fan sigs. Good luck with this!

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Mid-Week Update:

Predominately have been completing the base scene renders for each of the freighter rooms.
- Shower renders complete
- Bridge renders complete
- Hold renders in progress

More importantly though, I started on the Ren'Py coding this morning, creating the code to allow navigation throughout the ship. Got this working quicker than expected and the basic navigation is already functional. The following are on my to do list over the next few days:
- Create the time tracking system (what day / time).
- Set up the in game currency / display.
- Trading and cargo system (done the renders to represent cargo type / quantity, so only coding required).
- Conditional representation of rooms, dependent upon parameters (space sector, day, time), so correct scenes are selected.

If I can get all the above done by the end of next week, I can then move onto real storyline development.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Xavster, you may have already done this (I have no idea what the process for it is), but in case you haven't: You should contact the moderators / staff / whomever from F95 and ask to get a "Game Developer" badge added to your user details. It will help especially when newer folks swing by so they know how interactive you are on this site and with folks playing your game. :)

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Top notch game, Xavster! :D Lovely renders, great characters, good writing and plot. I'm glad you made such a full prologue (and got that sex in nice and early!) and these are some of the best animated sequences I've seen on the site! Plus - good music, glad to see a fellow classical fan! Keep up the great work! :love:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Top notch game, Xavster! :D Lovely renders, great characters, good writing and plot. I'm glad you made such a full prologue (and got that sex in nice and early!) and these are some of the best animated sequences I've seen on the site! Plus - good music, glad to see a fellow classical fan! Keep up the great work! :love:
I absolutely loved it. Very in-depth, especially for a prologue, with excellent characters having real personalities and intriguing backstories. I'm very much looking forward to more! :love:

Reactions: RanliLabz

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Development Update:

Got most of the items completed that I set out to achieve a week ago:
- Time / currency system with display.
- Trading system established including interface. This is likely the most complicated coding I will need to do in the game, so woot woot!
- Didn't get the calendar representation of scenes implemented in Renpy, however coding very simple (if / elif / else).

Other items achieved during last week:
- Worked out how to implement webp file format, which will not only give me more flexibility in scenes (overlaying transparencies on backgrounds) but also dramatically reduce file size.
- The kitchen renders were more numerous than expected (220 and counting), however establishing such that I can create new scenes, without needing more renders.
- Experimented with clothing options and created a number of character scene subsets.

Trading System:
trade screen.jpg

Commodity prices rise and fall over time and also are different from region to region. What it means is that you have to think about what you buy and where you deliver / sell it. Do it randomly and you will loose money. Don't worry, that's not your hand in the image above, it's trader Marvin's.

Character Clothing:
Seeking to have work / casual / formal / relax clothing options for each character. Have pretty much completed this with a sample of the clothing options in the spoiler below.

Plans for Next Week:
- Complete renders for the lounge / engine room / captains room.
- Complete the coding for the calendar representation of scenes.
- Create renders for ship travelling to different regions (more to keep the render queue full than anything else)

Overall Comment - Things are generally going well. What I was expecting to take about 2 months (create base ship navigation / scenes / trading) should be complete in half the time. Hence next release will either come out earlier than expected or will have more content.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Been experimenting with wet hair for the shower scenes and am seeking some feedback on the following options for Kara's hair in the scene. What do you prefer, the messy hair out look or still in the ponytail.

Out Messy:
pShine 04.jpg

Ponytail:
pShine 06.jpg

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Been experimenting with wet hair for the shower scenes and am seeking some feedback on the following options for Kara's hair in the scene. What do you prefer, the messy hair out look or still in the ponytail.

Out Messy:
View attachment 386050

Ponytail:
View attachment 386051
Umm, a ponytail in the shower? Think about that for a second.
Wet hair in a shower would imply that she's washing it, right?
Yes, I agree. I think the messy hair makes a lot more sense. I also think it's a nice alternate look for her, even if it's just temporary because of the shower.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Umm, a ponytail in the shower? Think about that for a second.
Wet hair in a shower would imply that she's washing it, right?
Yes, I agree. I think the messy hair makes a lot more sense. I also think it's a nice alternate look for her, even if it's just temporary because of the shower.
Done and done, Messy hair it is. Thanks for the feedback.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes