Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I'll be on a game screen, any screen. I press "S" to make a screenshot, and a message appears at the top saying it failed to save the screenshot. The actual message is "Failed to save screenshot as C:/Users.../Callisto/screenshot0001.png" Other Renpy games I have will save a screenshot in the game folder, but this one fails to save every time. I'm not sure why.
Can't say I have ever tried to take a screen shot via that method and wasn't aware of that functionality. Had a quick look in the options in the Ren'Py code as wasn't able to identify anything there that would disable it. If someone can identify the solution, happy to incorporate into v0.70. I would note that if you want access to the art in Callisto, all of the images are available in 4k to $5 Patreons. You are also free to use them as like, provided you do not claim credit for the source material or charge others for their consumption.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
I'll be on a game screen, any screen. I press "S" to make a screenshot, and a message appears at the top saying it failed to save the screenshot. The actual message is "Failed to save screenshot as C:/Users.../Callisto/screenshot0001.png" Other Renpy games I have will save a screenshot in the game folder, but this one fails to save every time. I'm not sure why.
"Shift+Window+S" to take a Screen shot.
Select the area of the shot by pressing the left mouse button and dragging.
Click on the small image, select the "Floppy disk icon" and you can choose where to save.

Reactions: cmenezes

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
AGAIN.... What Op system are you using? I've checked it on two Window's Op sys's (7 and 10) and the usual Windows method works.(Alt-PrtScrn for 7) Also Ahchi's method works to take a screen shot for win10. It's the OS that takes the screen shot not the program, usually....so What OS are you using that takes screenshots with just "S" ? Possibly somthing other devs added to Renpy??

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
AGAIN.... What Op system are you using? I've checked it on two Window's Op sys's (7 and 10) and the usual Windows method works.(Alt-PrtScrn for 7) Also Ahchi's method works to take a screen shot for win10. It's the OS that takes the screen shot not the program, usually....so What OS are you using that takes screenshots with just "S" ? Possibly somthing other devs added to Renpy??
It's a Ren'py feature. Just tested it. Pressing S silently saves a screenshot on my Desktop. (I'm on a Mac, so saving it inside the game folder would be impractical).

Reactions: professorx10

Doxxi

May 19, 2019
In relation to the comments on the Kara side quest, they don't have anything to do with Julia content from what I recall. They should also be easy to distinguish from the repeatable Kara content (afternoon only) as they appear at different time periods.
So my run-in with this on the newest run was from me pretty much ignoring Julia( my time between this and the last time played i don't think actual sex had been implemented with her yet), and unless I supper missed something the entire portion of
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i could be wrong though. also and I want to preface this next sentence heavily with i get using mods is not how you intend your game to be played and that has no bearing on any actual design choices you make and that a lot of my getting lost was during a portion i played through a pretty long time ago but mostly skipped over due to wanting to see new stuff, but i did play this up trhough the liberation of skipping txt*which that is a feature the game has and you should always asume at least some people will use it* and i just raised my credits so i did pretty much no tradding this time thorugh.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
The use of 's' for screenshots is a native Ren'Py feature, coded in Callisto/renpy/common/00keymap.rpy with the rest of 'hotkeys' (h for hiding text, v for self-voicing, etc). And it works perfectly fine on my end (Win10)

Reactions: Regardie
Feb 9, 2021
The story can go very fast, but to trigger the events you sometimes have to sleep alone. A cruel trick by the dev if you ask me, but you can always cheat a bit by skipping to the next day, and if nothing happens, rolling back and invite one of the cuties to your bedroom.
yeah I figured that one out for myself but I am still a little disappointed that there really doesn't seem to be any substance to the story. I'm going to keep playing after I finish finals and see where it goes. Hopefully, I will be able to apologize and offer a positive review...

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
yeah I figured that one out for myself but I am still a little disappointed that there really doesn't seem to be any substance to the story. I'm going to keep playing after I finish finals and see where it goes. Hopefully, I will be able to apologize and offer a positive review...
Hmm, I can't really agree here. The story is there, but it is episodic of nature, like episodes of Star Trek. You travel around, come across a problem/challenge, you solve it, and then travel on, doing business as usual.

The only thing that bugs me is the fact that nobody is on duty at night (what does day/night even mean in space ?) I don't think I would be able to close an eye knowing the ship's on autopilot for several hours while there are several hazards out there :eek:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
The only thing that bugs me is the fact that nobody is on duty at night (what does day/night even mean in space ?)
I don't think I would be able to close an eye knowing the ship's on autopilot for several hours while there are several hazards out there :eek:
Meet CallistoAi The ship's Autopilot and Spirit Guide ....
(if you haven't started from scratch, maybe you haven't met her?)

ai_Callisto_2.jpg

WHAT! You don't think I'm alive? Yes, I know how to pilot the ship while Tanya Sleeps!
I take care of everything and only awaken them if it is needed. The girls need their beauty rest after all!
I'm Callisto Ai and I've flown these routes for a hundred times back and forth... So just relax...

I'm in Command! (at nights anyway)

Callisto Ai <OUT>

Psst, guys, I think she might have gotten offended... oopss

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Meet CallistoAi The ship's Autopilot and Spirit Guide ....
(if you haven't started from scratch, maybe you haven't met her?)

View attachment 1179113

WHAT! You don't think I'm alive? Yes, I know how to pilot the ship while Tanya Sleeps!
I take care of everything and only awaken them if it is needed. The girls need their beauty rest after all!
I'm Callisto Ai and I've flown these routes for a hundred times back and forth... So just relax...

I'm in Command! (at nights anyway)

Callisto Ai <OUT>

Psst, guys, I think she might have gotten offended... oopss
Oh, but I do have met her, right in the beginning, before the prologue. The same prologue where the Captain tells Tanya she can't come to the party, because she needs to man the helm.
Also I wonder, if Callisto can safely steer the ship in the evening and night, what keeps her from doing the same in the morning and afternoon ? Does an AI needs sleep too ? (and if so, does it dream of electric sheep ?)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The use of 's' for screenshots is a native Ren'Py feature, coded in Callisto/renpy/common/00keymap.rpy with the rest of 'hotkeys' (h for hiding text, v for self-voicing, etc). And it works perfectly fine on my end (Win10)
native unless disabled by dev.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Oh, but I do have met her, right in the beginning, before the prologue. The same prologue where the Captain tells Tanya she can't come to the party, because she needs to man the helm.
Also I wonder, if Callisto can safely steer the ship in the evening and night, what keeps her from doing the same in the morning and afternoon ? Does an AI needs sleep too ? (and if so, does it dream of electric sheep ?)
Liked purely for the Blade Runner reference.
80WrxlZxOrQlhP77XrHuurRE7W7.jpg

Feb 9, 2021
Hmm, I can't really agree here. The story is there, but it is episodic of nature, like episodes of Star Trek. You travel around, come across a problem/challenge, you solve it, and then travel on, doing business as usual.

The only thing that bugs me is the fact that nobody is on duty at night (what does day/night even mean in space ?) I don't think I would be able to close an eye knowing the ship's on autopilot for several hours while there are several hazards out there :eek:
Yes...and I severely lack patience, I know. As to your concerns, Based on my lifetime of reading and watching all things sci-fi, the ship should be equipped with collision avoidance devices as well as some form of limited AI that can take charge and change the ships course if necessary. but if I remember right, there was a scene where Tanya couldn't party because she had to pilot the ship...

I still like this story, don't get me wrong, and I plan to continue reading and supporting it. I just wish Kara would get drunk on tequila again and jump the MC's bones so well that he swears off all other women...lol. She is so freaking hot (see the shower scene)

erkper

May 16, 2018
OK, so is there any way to purchase the Getaway Villa without having to placate Julia in the medbay with sex or a raise? I have no desire to interact with this character at all, don't like her looks OR personality, but my understanding is she sells the villa, and it seems that now anytime I go to the medbay hoping to buy it, she jumps in my face and starts screaming at me that I need to take better care of her. (Well, maybe I WOULD take better care of her if she wasn't such a massive bitch when I try to interact...) Is there some point where it will bypass that scene and just let me buy the damn villa?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
OK, so is there any way to purchase the Getaway Villa without having to placate Julia in the medbay with sex or a raise? I have no desire to interact with this character at all, don't like her looks OR personality, but my understanding is she sells the villa, and it seems that now anytime I go to the medbay hoping to buy it, she jumps in my face and starts screaming at me that I need to take better care of her. (Well, maybe I WOULD take better care of her if she wasn't such a massive bitch when I try to interact...) Is there some point where it will bypass that scene and just let me buy the damn villa?
If you a larger cut, she doesn't actually take it. The purchase of the villa should show up as a silver star rather than a blue star. You can purchase with villa without giving Julia what she desires. ;)

Finally tackling this game. Love the Zathras reference!
View attachment 1180743
Well spotted! B5 for the win! It was also an opportunity to save on image creation and coding. ;)

Reactions: Dragon59

erkper

May 16, 2018
If you a larger cut, she doesn't actually take it. The purchase of the villa should show up as a silver star rather than a blue star. You can purchase with villa without giving Julia what she desires. ;)
That's weird. Any time I go in the medbay, regardless of star color, she rips into me that I'm not a "real man" because I ain't doing her. Fuck that. I have absolutely no desire to reward that kind of bitchiness with sex or even the offer of more money.

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
That's weird. Any time I go in the medbay, regardless of star color, she rips into me that I'm not a "real man" because I ain't doing her. Fuck that. I have absolutely no desire to reward that kind of bitchiness with sex or even the offer of more money.
Like Xavster said, you offer her a larger cut but she won't accept it, instead saying she'll have to look for satisfaction elsewhere. After that she won't nag you anymore and you'll get the opportunity to purchase the villa next time you interact with her in medbay provided you have enough credits.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Oh c'mon. The Captain is former military. I would think he's used to worse than some bitchiness. Besides, a good leader should be able to overcome his personal aversion for the sake of the well-being of the crew, which is vital for the smooth operation of the ship.
And she has saved his live remember. (and depending on your playthrough, she also saved the live of another crewmember as well) Show some gratitude will you :giggle:

erkper

May 16, 2018
Oh c'mon. The Captain is former military. I would think he's used to worse than some bitchiness. Besides, a good leader should be able to overcome his personal aversion for the sake of the well-being of the crew, which is vital for the smooth operation of the ship.
And she has saved his live remember. (and depending on your playthrough, she also saved the live of another crewmember as well) Show some gratitude will you :giggle:
Yeah, whatever. If you want to bring his military service into the conversation, I'm pretty sure in no military anywhere is it normal or acceptable for a subordinate member of a ship's crew to jump up and scream at their captain making demands for personal satisfaction. Could a superior officer get away with that kind of behavior? Maybe, but sure as fuck not a member of the captain's crew.
But that's irrelevant. I'll eventually swallow my distaste enough offer her money but she's just further anchoring her status as the by far least-desired female in their galaxy. I'd sooner fuck Blaarg. And I absolutely hate that in order to advance my relationship with the members of the crew that I want I have to deal with the ones I don't.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes