erkper

May 16, 2018
Like Xavster said, you offer her a larger cut but she won't accept it, instead saying she'll have to look for satisfaction elsewhere. After that she won't nag you anymore and you'll get the opportunity to purchase the villa next time you interact with her in medbay provided you have enough credits.
Well great, sucked it up to offer her more money, and you were wrong. Instead of getting to buy the villa, now she's trying to rope me into her dom sessions with Tiff. Yet more interaction now with my TWO least favorite members of the crew. This keeps getting better and better. Hopefully I'll be able to buy the damn villa without having to join any of their "sessions."

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Well great, sucked it up to offer her more money, and you were wrong. Instead of getting to buy the villa, now she's trying to rope me into her dom sessions with Tiff. Yet more interaction now with my TWO least favorite members of the crew. This keeps getting better and better. Hopefully I'll be able to buy the damn villa without having to join any of their "sessions."
i bought villa before their sessions and also visited there.

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
I stand corrected. I neglected to mention that part. Just ignore the sessions and next time you visit medbay you'll get to buy the villa. I don't like those two either, and while I guess they are essential to the crew, they're not getting any love from me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: erkper

erkper

May 16, 2018
I stand corrected. I neglected to mention that part. Just ignore the sessions and next time you visit medbay you'll get to buy the villa. I don't like those two either, and while I guess they are essential to the crew, they're not getting any love from me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, that's how it played out. I have 0 intention to check out the blue star when it shows up in Tiff and Julia's room, and I did get the purchase option for the villa the next time I went to the medbay after Julia introduced her S&M/bondage/whatever-I-don't-care-anyways sessions with Tiff. And I've said it before - I can understand the necessity of a doctor on board but with my focus 100% on salvage for profits I find Tiff to be whiny deadweight. I did very much enjoy the villa with Kara, so it all ended well I guess. Still a bit irritated I have to pursue relationship development with characters I despise in order to pursue the ones I desire. Regarding the last couple sentences of your spoiler, you're already right IMO, and I wish there could be but do not expect there ever will be an option to dump some of the crew... *sigh*

PBS666 - I'm fairly sure I will never be on the operating table of a fictional character in a game, so I feel comfortable allowing myself to not like certain characters in said game. If you're talking about my CHARACTER in the game, then I would hope the doctor standing over that hypothetical operating table would be written to be ethical and professional enough that her lack of my sexual attention would not matter.

Reactions: L0MBR0

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
That's weird. Any time I go in the medbay, regardless of star color, she rips into me that I'm not a "real man" because I ain't doing her. Fuck that. I have absolutely no desire to reward that kind of bitchiness with sex or even the offer of more money.
I have adjusted the dialogue option to "Are you trying to angle for a greater share of the earnings?". Hope this makes it a little clearer. Will be changed in the next version.

With the Kara Villa content, I wanted to put the Captain's personal funds to good use. In order to do this, I need an interface of some kind to allow the purchase. Hence this would require either a discussion with a character or placing it on the Captain's computer. The problem with the Captain's computer, is that I suspect most players would miss it entirely and never see the Kara content. This leaves character interactions with the logical one from a story perspective being Julia.

In order for the purchase to be available when the player chooses (insufficient funds / rather spend on other things), it needs to be readily accessible on the character. For the case of Julia, this means the medbay. There are a number of events that are triggered here (dependent upon scene checks) and they have to be ordered in some fashion. The Kara getaway just happens to be 4th on the list. I could reorder, however you would then get the situation, where if you didn't purchase right away, you would still have to go through the other 3 events to get to the repeatable menu to then purchase.

Unfortunately I cannot code to read the minds of each player, however I do try to tailor the game based upon player choices. This will however mean, that you will see some choices, that you may not be interested in. With the game, I intended on the characters being different, in both look and personality. This means that most players will have favourites and also those characters that they dislike. With their differences, it creates more interesting interpersonal dynamics and hopefully a better game.

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
With the Kara Villa content, I wanted to put the Captain's personal funds to good use.
So the Villa is really focused on Kara's content in this current update. Is it possible to skip/bypass it if you're not interested in her? Will the Villa serve as a getaway for other girls as well?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
So the Villa is really focused on Kara's content in this current update. Is it possible to skip/bypass it if you're not interested in her? Will the Villa serve as a getaway for other girls as well?
Yeah, I was hoping the location was available after the scenario. Hopefully in a later update.

Some of these planets do remind me of some of the sets the original Star Trek used. Extraterrestrial planet that can be filmed on existing back lot sets. ;-)

Reactions: L0MBR0

erkper

May 16, 2018
I have adjusted the dialogue option to "Are you trying to angle for a greater share of the earnings?". Hope this makes it a little clearer. Will be changed in the next version.

With the Kara Villa content, I wanted to put the Captain's personal funds to good use. In order to do this, I need an interface of some kind to allow the purchase. Hence this would require either a discussion with a character or placing it on the Captain's computer. The problem with the Captain's computer, is that I suspect most players would miss it entirely and never see the Kara content. This leaves character interactions with the logical one from a story perspective being Julia.

In order for the purchase to be available when the player chooses (insufficient funds / rather spend on other things), it needs to be readily accessible on the character. For the case of Julia, this means the medbay. There are a number of events that are triggered here (dependent upon scene checks) and they have to be ordered in some fashion. The Kara getaway just happens to be 4th on the list. I could reorder, however you would then get the situation, where if you didn't purchase right away, you would still have to go through the other 3 events to get to the repeatable menu to then purchase.

Unfortunately I cannot code to read the minds of each player, however I do try to tailor the game based upon player choices. This will however mean, that you will see some choices, that you may not be interested in. With the game, I intended on the characters being different, in both look and personality. This means that most players will have favourites and also those characters that they dislike. With their differences, it creates more interesting interpersonal dynamics and hopefully a better game.
I understand your points, and I do believe you've done an excellent job of creating unique characters. I don't get why, if you've gone out of your way to create unique characters you expect that some players will dislike some of, you tie one character's development (and you have to admit, getting to intercourse with Kara is a pretty crucial piece of development) to another character. It's your game to design how you choose of course, and I'm greatly appreciative you give my input consideration in the first place. I do want to reiterate this point though: the only reason I knew what needed to be done to unlock the villa was that I follow this thread. There were no hints at all in the game to lead me to Julia (not sure why she's any more logical a purchase route than Alice, Tanya, or Rachel might be - would it be possible to tie the purchase option to more than one character?) and because I strongly dislike Julia and never choose to interact with her one on one, I would never have stumbled on the option to buy the villa without the metagame knowledge I picked up here.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Haven't really decided what else I will utilise the Villa for at this stage. I am contemplating the option of Kara / Rachel at the villa though. I have set a deadline to complete the game at the end of the year, which will likely mean that some compromises need to be made to the side content.

I understand your points, and I do believe you've done an excellent job of creating unique characters. I don't get why, if you've gone out of your way to create unique characters you expect that some players will dislike some of.
People have different preferences. As a very simple analogy, if you prefer blondes you will be less interested in those that aren't blonde. Similar things apply to their nature as well. Perhaps saying that they dislike may be a little strong, not interested, may be closer to the truth. I would note however that you do seem to dislike Julia. Also note that there are others that really like her. There is no right or wrong preference, it's just a personal preference.

As another example, Tiffany is probably the least favoured of the central girls. There are some really interesting plot developments planned in v0.80 that may change that opinion. Even if you don't warm up to Tiffany, the scenes should be entertaining to watch. Note that I am not referring to lewd acts, when I refer to developments.

Reactions: Dragon59 and L0MBR0

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What about your avatar babe? She be yearnin for some churnin throbbing for some time now.
Haven't really decided what else I will utilise the Villa for at this stage. I am contemplating the option of Kara / Rachel at the villa though. I have set a deadline to complete the game at the end of the year, which will likely mean that some compromises need to be made to the side content.

People have different preferences. As a very simple analogy, if you prefer blondes you will be less interested in those that aren't blonde. Similar things apply to their nature as well. Perhaps saying that they dislike may be a little strong, not interested, may be closer to the truth. I would note however that you do seem to dislike Julia. Also note that there are others that really like her. There is no right or wrong preference, it's just a personal preference.

As another example, Tiffany is probably the least favoured of the central girls. There are some really interesting plot developments planned in v0.80 that may change that opinion. Even if you don't warm up to Tiffany, the scenes should be entertaining to watch. Note that I am not referring to lewd acts, when I refer to developments.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I enjoyed the story from the update a lot. Nice to see Kara development. I wasn't as fussed by Rachel on replaying this time maybe because i was making more progress with Kara. I like Julia and it was cool to see some development there. No clue if i've not got the right order to tiff/julia stuff yet or whether you get kicked out regardless.

I do find the invite to bed sex scenes a bit lacking. Could maybe do with the girl you invite down showing some initiative rather than being passive and the options/scenes playing out slightly differently dependent on the girls personality

Not sure how i feel about Alice's new look yet.

erkper

May 16, 2018

Dislike was your term, though you're right about me, if anything dislike is too mild a term for my opinion on Julia. Maybe I should put it this way: if you know players are going to be uninterested in some of the characters, why tie one character's crucial development hook to another character at all? Especially with no in-game driver to point to character B for the hook to character A's plot advancement? Especially in a sandbox where it is possible to only interact with some characters and not others, and most especially where the design of the "Wheel of Lust" means that for every interaction with a character you dislike are uninterested in you potentially hurt your score with the one(s) you ARE interested in. From at least this player's perspective, the wheel encourages playing favorites and ignoring non-favorites as much as possible. Which is why, if not for the meta-game information gleaned here, I never would have bought the villa and taken Kara to that next level...

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I do find the invite to bed sex scenes a bit lacking. Could maybe do with the girl you invite down showing some initiative rather than being passive and the options/scenes playing out slightly differently dependent on the girls personality

Not sure how i feel about Alice's new look yet.
At this point, I'm looking at the relationship level of the LIs that are inevitable and chose the one with the lowest score. I would expect that might be the way that LI initiative would work. The one in "greatest need for lovin'" would be the one to show up.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
At this point, I'm looking at the relationship level of the LIs that are inevitable and chose the one with the lowest score. I would expect that might be the way that LI initiative would work. The one in "greatest need for lovin'" would be the one to show up.
Don't mind the idea of girls showing up to try and seduce the MC to pick them.
However, I was meaning initiative in the scenes rather than the invite. Currently they are samey and passive doll like for MC to act upon. Think it would be better if they had somewhat more initiative and uniqueness of character of their own. Their behaviour/approach differs, whether they kiss/straddle/unzip pants etc with dependent on character personality. MC could still have ability to then take control from the menu if they want

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
However, I was meaning initiative in the scenes rather than the invite. Currently they are samey and passive doll like for MC to act upon. Think it would be better if they had somewhat more initiative and uniqueness of character of their own. Their behaviour/approach differs, whether they kiss/straddle/unzip pants etc with dependent on character personality. MC could still have ability to then take control from the menu if they want
"What are you going to do to me?"
Yes, very passive. I understand your point.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
But gurls perving and talking of MC are all inviting him to banter away, alas he denies their offer.
"What are you going to do to me?"
Yes, very passive. I understand your point.
It seems MC has to be on some path to actually open up dialogues at the table,
also progression happens weekly, so during same week, Mc will decline talking to them.

Pretty wild experience, is it not?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
But gurls perving and talking of MC are all inviting him to banter away, alas he denies their offer.

It seems MC has to be on some path to actually open up dialogues at the table,
also progression happens weekly, so during same week, Mc will decline talking to them.

Pretty wild experience, is it not?
Took me a moment to realize what you're talking about, then I remembered.
Yes, it seems strange to click on a group, have them invite him to stay, and we are given no choice but to decline. I would have preferred a "You sit for a while," along the same lines as Tanya talking about pole dancing.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes