whiteumax

Aug 25, 2020
anybody knows how to access that shower scene. i am at day 20 and if i keep skipping days i will skip the whole main storyline.
1.png

FusiFranse

Apr 28, 2020
I'm playing the game first time and I really like the first few minutes.
Outstanding good graphics for the crew member.

The first thing that seemed unfinished to me was the cargo space capacity associated with a purchase.
Possibly it is due to the initial experience/skill of the crew, which get better with time, or inexperience of the space stations. In any case, I am shown a ship cargo capacity of 160 units.
I would like to be able to buy these 160 units.
But in the corresponding buy menu I can only place a single buy order for 10 / 20 / 40 / 80 units.
It is not possible to increase the units to e.g. 60 cargo hold units.
Especially at the beginning it seems important to me to use the maximum cargo capacity you are able to buy.

May any advice ?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
In any case, I am shown a ship cargo capacity of 160 units.
But in the corresponding buy menu I can only place a single buy order for 10 / 20 / 40 / 80 units.
Especially at the beginning it seems important to me to use the maximum cargo capacity you are able to buy.

May any advice ?
not atm and if you loot 20 cargo you can't buy more.

Reactions: FusiFranse

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I'm playing the game first time and I really like the first few minutes.
Outstanding good graphics for the crew member.

The first thing that seemed unfinished to me was the cargo space capacity associated with a purchase.
Possibly it is due to the initial experience/skill of the crew, which get better with time, or inexperience of the space stations. In any case, I am shown a ship cargo capacity of 160 units.

May any advice ?
As a help and reference. The Specifications for Callisto is 160 Tons. When you purchase goods you are purchasing them in "Units" which are equal to 2 Tons per Unit. That is why your maximum purchase is 80 units (160 tons). The cargo space capacity is larger than your usual cargo as the size of the cargo does not vary with the mass. So you will never actually fill the cargo space even when your payload is at maximum.

Yes, at the beginning of the game, you are probably unable to buy several cargo's to make maximum $$ per trip. Check out the sector information on your computer as to which type of goods each sector is normally buying or selling. That helps until Tiffany gets educated enough to help you with buying/selling. Things get much better after that. BTW, the Sector info is not a guarantee of profit, but it helps. Once Tiffany helps and you earn enough for a salvage detector, life gets easier and the game develops new challenges.

Oh and the reason the buy amounts are set is that it was part of the early coding of the game and it's not practical to change the amounts now that the game has progressed.

(
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Oh and the reason the buy amounts are set is that it was part of the early coding of the game and it's not practical to change the amounts now that the game has progressed.
The specific reason is to align the cargo displayed in the hull with what is purchased. As each cargo type (6) / quantity (4) / view (3) requires a separate image, there is already 72 images with current setup. If you were to blend cargo's or have fully incremental quantities, the images would quickly go into the thousands. There really isn't any commercial reasons to blend cargo's and complete control over quantity wasn't seen as a major driver.

As an early tip to trading, try travelling in a loop from Pleiades to Orion to Beehive etc. The sector information on the Captain's computer clearly indicates what types of products are exported and imported in each sector. There is a reason why this is the case.

FusiFranse

Apr 28, 2020
Roger.
Gross and net weight of a transport rack is negated, due to space gravity, which is switched off and on inside the container of a transport rack.
In fact, only the weight of the transport rack, in this case 2 tons, is taken as a load. The content has no own weight in the space and should gravity occur, the gravity is automatically canceled, so that the structure of the ship with the entrance into an atmosphere is sufficient around the indicated maximum weight at appropriate place, further to ensure.
I see!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
same thing when they start salvaging, can only fit 1 part there and no other cargo.

Bigwolf1

Jun 13, 2021
I'm curious is there any kind of guide or walkthrough? Like a list of prices on stuff to buy/sell or is this all guess work? I'm just curious since I like to have some kind of plan and since I'm not the MC knowing I can buy grain from the station and sell it somewhere else. If not I suppose I could just scribble up some notes on it

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I'm curious is there any kind of guide or walkthrough? Like a list of prices on stuff to buy/sell or is this all guess work? I'm just curious since I like to have some kind of plan and since I'm not the MC knowing I can buy grain from the station and sell it somewhere else. If not I suppose I could just scribble up some notes on it
At first you can use the sector's info in your pc station to see their preferred import/export goods (obviously, they sell their main export product at cheaper rates and buy their main imports at higher prices). Then as the story advances you'll get a quite useful help from Tiffany so there's no need to take notes or anything. Also this comment from dev himself in this very same page
As an early tip to trading, try travelling in a loop from Pleiades to Orion to Beehive etc. The sector information on the Captain's computer clearly indicates what types of products are exported and imported in each sector. There is a reason why this is the case.

Bigwolf1

Jun 13, 2021
At first you can use the sector's info in your pc station to see their preferred import/export goods (obviously, they sell their main export product at cheaper rates and buy their main imports at higher prices). Then as the story advances you'll get a quite useful help from Tiffany so there's no need to take notes or anything. Also this comment from dev himself in this very same page
Thanks for the info, I hadn't looked at the sector info so I'll just have to do that from now on.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
CXX has already answered about the buy/sell hints so I thought I'd point out that your walkthrough type Guide Book (Captain's Breifing" is behind the "?" button on the console at the top of the screen. Click on that and there are 4 very informative screens showing you all the detail you need to proceed through the adventure and 'not get lost.' This is not a sandbox game in that --as the guide will show you--there are certain gold buttons you push from the ship over view screen that always step the story forward. But as you play, you may want to check out the other silver buttons ...or make a save game...before you do.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
will there be pregnancy?
if i'd get dime everytime some1 asks that on any gamethread then i'd grt nice sum of money.

no tag but it can change especially since mon capitan likes creampies.

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes