PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
totally clueless on how advance main story line spent last 4 hrs building up my money
Take a look at the ship's layout on the captains console in his room. If you see a star, it means there is an event waiting at that location. Also, certain events only take place if the captain sleeps alone at night (sad but true)

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
totally clueless on how advance main story line spent last 4 hrs building up my money
Please, Please, PLEASE Look up at the Menu Bar at the top of the Screen and CLICK ON THE "?"

In 3 screens ALL will be revealed!!

erkper

May 16, 2018
well he could been but we never know.
Hahaha, rest my case. We DO know, he tried. And failed. It is so rare for even the greatest athletes to succeed in more than one sport, precisely because they are different. "Ball is ball" is just wrong.

BTW, Rachel and Kara would dominate volleyball vs El Capitan and Tanya. Neither of them could compete with Kara's hops and overall athleticism for spiking and blocking. Put her at the net, let Rachel dig and set, game over.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
maybe but no volleyball until they all go on some planet or upgrade to bigger ship.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Question to those that have played it... what kind of sandbox is this? the grindy one or it is simple a map one to pick destination?

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Question to those that have played it... what kind of sandbox is this? the grindy one or it is simple a map one to pick destination?
IMHO The Best Kind! Complex and seems to create an open Universe for the Player.

1) It creates a universe you discover through Adventure stories that take you forward introducing new characters as you go.
2) It has side stories and back stories galore
3) It keeps track of what you've done and has a screen that reports it so you don't miss anything.
4) It REWARDS PLAYERS WHO CLICK ON THE "?" in the MENU and READ THROUGH THE 3 TUTORIAL SCREENS !!
5) It Maps out the Callisto Freighter where most of your interactions occur AND
6) It Leaves you GOLD STARS on that Map to SHOW you how/where to advance the Story.
7) AND IF you start from the beginning it gives you a short overview of both background and the playing 'field'

Is it a 'snap walk through'? No. You have to learn how to make Credits, keep your crew happy, and not do anything Stupid
(but you can always save before a decision)

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY (in my book) The Story keeps getting bigger, and Bigger and BIGGER...and BIGGER...

Oh, and you might check out the Prolog in the Captain's Computer before you really get into it. It too is a good story too.

So if you're after a good 'realm' to play and have fun in it is not only fun the first time, it is fun to come back to and replay parts of when things get tough in the 'real world.' Cheers

erkper

May 16, 2018
Indeed he was, did you ever watch the original Space jam?
(Please don't use a Hollywood movie to make a point. Ever. Hollywood is more fake than the games we play here.)

Yes, I have watched Space Jam. I also watched him play minor league baseball in person back in the day. (I'm old.) MJ is arguably the best basketball player in history, and was a good enough athlete that, had he focused on BASEball instead of BASKETball when he was a youth, he might have ended up with a similar career arc in that sport (or whatever sport he chose to focus on.) But he was not a good enough athlete to, in his early-to-mid thirties, take up a sport he had not played since middle school and even play at a legit minor-league level. Because different sports are different.

maybe but no volleyball until they all go on some planet or upgrade to bigger ship.
Kara's vacation getaway would be perfect for a volleyball court - or, better yet, beach volleyball. STRIP beach volleyball. Now THAT would be a shore leave I could get behind...

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
nothing biggie, on map click where you wanna go and there click person/s or object/s or group and then pick option (or options in some cases). only grindy is to get money but after few trips player gets hang of it.

Kara's vacation getaway would be perfect for a volleyball court - or, better yet, beach volleyball. STRIP beach volleyball. Now THAT would be a shore leave I could get behind...
sure if there's beach big enuf, we didn't see much of it last time.

erkper

May 16, 2018
sure if there's beach big enuf, we didn't see much of it last time.
A beach volleyball court can literally be made with a 28mx20m plot of land and a few cubic yards of sand. It doesn't really HAVE to be on a natural beach by the ocean or anything. (Though that is really nice.)

For that matter, when I was a teenager we played a form of volleyball called walleyball which was indoors, actually in a racquetball court and the ball was live off the side and back walls. That could easily be played in a ship the size of the Callisto. Where there's a will, there's a way. ;)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
feels bit odd that users can advertise other games on sigs but if they post links to to those other games to post then it's against rules.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PBS666
4.20 star(s) 118 Votes