Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Heavy Five is supposed to have an update by the end of this month. Of course, they've said that before, and before, and before. I agree that the graphics are good, characters real and the story is complex. But so far, it's not half as much fun as Callisto, IMHO.
I worry that the Dev has a better marketing plan than a plot plan...or at least so far. She's three chapters in and we've only begun to glimpse at the story line. However, it could develop into something really good...if she just stopped interrupting it after every play through to give you a score card, 'so far.' IMHO she has too many MC characters to make a coherent story line...but that is how she gave it variety, by changing MCs. I personally just don't want to play as different people that I don't identify with..but that's me. I Hope she finishes it.

Callisto is not stalled. Xavster has done the plot for the next uprev and is busy grinding away doing the rendering. Like before, each uprev is a significant movement on the story line and many things happen, back stories come up, and the Galaxy gets bigger and bigger...(as does the number cuties).
I don't want to predict but I'm thinking the next rev of Callisto appears before the next rev of Heavy Five (probably not until mid-late August...but don't quote me). Any takers? :)
Heavy Five has too many MCs (as you said) and too many mutually exclusive choices/paths. The Dev's spiel is that "choices have consequences", but also says that the player can make any choice they wish. However, the fact that almost all quests and decisions are mutually exclusive actually removes choices. IMHO it makes the game unenjoyable and very frustrating since I cannot play as I want. I played until Chap. 3 but I don't think I will play further.

Callisto has choices but they are not generally mutually exclusive. That way I can merge paths/choices.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Heavy Five has too many MCs (as you said) and too many mutually exclusive choices/paths. The Dev's spiel is that "choices have consequences", but also says that the player can make any choice they wish. However, the fact that almost all quests and decisions are mutually exclusive actually removes choices. IMHO it makes the game unenjoyable and very frustrating since I cannot play as I want. I played until Chap. 3 but I don't think I will play further.

Callisto has choices but they are not generally mutually exclusive. That way I can merge paths/choices.
H5 problem is that we are only in Chapter 3, so choices seem to be just a matter of picking always the right one to advance in an exclusive path, as you call them. The truth is that we can't possibly know yet what would happen if we mix those choices, I really hope she can pull out a satisfyingly complex game as she has envisioned.

whiteumax

Aug 25, 2020
Tales from the Unending Void. There are others:
Heavy Five (be careful of this one...it depends on your playthrough style)
New Earth (simple)
Follow the Leader (Sci fi...not necessarily space)
Eon
Scars of Fate
SpaceCorps XXX
Element 174 (Sci Fi)
Divergence: Beyond the Singularity
Stellargate 1
SWe1: The Warrior's Heart
Through Spacetime
3001: A MILF Odyssey
Pointer V
Eros Sector
Balance of the Force
A Long Journey
Drifter Prince

I have not played most of these but I have them tagged for later. Some are quite new.
Okay i am bookmarking your comment to check out other games. thanks for the recommendations.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
H5 problem is that we are only in Chapter 3, so choices seem to be just a matter of picking always the right one to advance in an exclusive path, as you call them. The truth is that we can't possibly know yet what would happen if we mix those choices, I really hope she can pull out a satisfyingly complex game as she has envisioned.
I understand what you are saying and I initially thought so myself. However, based on the mechanics so far this will only be possible (for a player) with a completely new playthrough. Exclusive choices to that extent, that early in the game? Nah, its not a matter of it seeming that way. I have commented as such on that thread and the Dev's team just doesn't see it. As far as they are concerned there are (let's say five) different pathways to advancing the main plot. These 5 routes do not branch or intersect. Your initial choice ties you in to other choices that simply advance the initial route chosen. There is no leeway to embrace other pathways except with a new playthrough. So, even though you are given the spiel at the start about it not being a linear VN ("like thousands of others"), you are actually tied in to one line at the start based on your choice. And, I am sorry, if I play a game once; unless there is a major revamp or I really enjoyed playing it, I am not going to play it again...which is what the Dev wants...she wants you to come back and play it again, along a different route and this is her way of forcing you to do so.

I detest being forced to do anything. Which is why I appreciate Callisto. It doesn't force me to do anything. It has a management and trade aspect that is simple and enjoyable yet realistic...something I appreciate considering the current real world situation. If I decide to salvage and not trade, Tiffany doesn't hate me nor does it lock me out of her route.

Last edited:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I understand what you are saying and I initially thought so myself. However, based on the mechanics so far this will only be possible (for a player) with a completely new playthrough. Exclusive choices to that extent, that early in the game? Nah, its not a matter of it seeming that way. I have commented as such on that thread and the Dev's team just doesn't see it. As far as they are concerned there are (let's say five) different pathways to advancing the main plot. These 5 routes do not branch or intersect. Your initial choice ties you in to other choices that simply advance the initial route chosen. There is no leeway to embrace other pathways except with a new playthrough. So, even though you are given the spiel at the start about it not being a linear VN ("like thousands of others"), you are actually tied in to one line at the start based on your choice. And, I am sorry, if I play a game once; unless there is a major revamp or I really enjoyed playing it, I am not going to play it again...which is what the Dev wants...she wants you to come back and play it again, along a different route and this is her way of forcing you to do so.

I detest being forced to do anything. Which is why I appreciate Callisto. It doesn't force me to do anything. It has a management and trade aspect that is simple and enjoyable yet realistic...something I appreciate considering the current real world situation. If I decide to salvage and not trade, Tiffany doesn't hate me nor does it lock me out of her route.
It's OK, I get your point. I'm just saying that in H5 it's too soon to say for sure that, for instance, if you start flirting with Annie and then lose some points with her, blocking that desired path, you will also be automatically excluded from any happy ending with the captain. We just don't know that. And, of course, the main plot will advance regardless of who's your focus, so there's that 'freedom of play' too as it's said the overall outcome will change depending on your choices. Then sure, you'll need several playthroughs to get all content, which can be discouraging after a while for some people (I'm not sure if that game is really suitable for completionists or quite the contrary). But yeah, Callisto has a completely different approach and it's way more rewarding and satisfying in that sense

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
In reading the previous two posts, I think Hornyowl and Moskyx have identified the major differences between Heavy 5 and Callisto. I also believe that the Dev's decision to make the player choose an MC that creates an isolated, different path through the game at the beginning is a big mistake. That requirement makes each player believe they've got 6 play through paths to have to complete the story/game and that, for me, reduces the fun of being able to complete a game. It's too bad they made that decision because H5 could be, based on images and characters, an excellent game for SINGLE play through. But not six times. Who would want to repeat all those scenes just for the mostly minor variations? (Ok and some major ones)
We all are 'completionists' in our own way. And H5 makes me feel like it will never be complete...and if it does get completed, it makes me feel like I haven't completed it even if I managed to get through it once....and that'll be a long way.
So my vote for fun and adventure goes to Callisto, so far the best Space Adventure Saga on F95....Bar none!
And did I mention the great images and sexy girls and variations and unexpected events and more sexy girls...?

Reactions: Hornyowl

erkper

May 16, 2018
In reading the previous two posts, I think Hornyowl and Moskyx have identified the major differences between Heavy 5 and Callisto. I also believe that the Dev's decision to make the player choose an MC that creates an isolated, different path through the game at the beginning is a big mistake. That requirement makes each player believe they've got 6 play through paths to have to complete the story/game and that, for me, reduces the fun of being able to complete a game. It's too bad they made that decision because H5 could be, based on images and characters, an excellent game for SINGLE play through. But not six times. Who would want to repeat all those scenes just for the mostly minor variations? (Ok and some major ones)
We all are 'completionists' in our own way. And H5 makes me feel like it will never be complete...and if it does get completed, it makes me feel like I haven't completed it even if I managed to get through it once....and that'll be a long way.
So my vote for fun and adventure goes to Callisto, so far the best Space Adventure Saga on F95....Bar none!
And did I mention the great images and sexy girls and variations and unexpected events and more sexy girls...?
All that is true, but tbh I just love it for the sexy girls.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
All that is true, but tbh I just love it for the sexy girls.
Hmmm somehow, I don't quite believe you... :)

I mean we all love the sexy girls...especially when they're hot, with wildly different looks, personalities and 'issues.'
But if ALL we loved the game for was just for the girls, there are other games that emphasize Fapping more.
I call them the FEA (F*k Em All) games.
They just have a plot as a mechanism to introduce new girls for you to F*k again (and again). The plot never builds, goes anywhere great, does anything meaningful and never ends. I see that many Devs do that because it makes them a game that is a CA$$$H COW. Then they drag the game on and on and on...
(Like MGI? most of the 'trainer' games and I bet you can name a few?)

I agree that we love the girls but that's not ALL the fun in a game like Callisto.
Here we get the challenge, the mystery, the adventure of trying to "save the universe" (well, maybe..)
AND we get the girls in the way Hollywood never let us as 'icing on the cake'!
Now tell me, isn't that something more to love a game for?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Haven't dropped by this thread in a while, so I thought I would give you a quick update.

As my Patreons would know, I was a little ambitious in my original forecast date for the release of the v0.70 beta. Just didn't correctly account for the number and complexity of images required. However having said this, the version is nearing completion, with the bulk being the last third of the main story line images. There will also be a couple minor elements that will be included during the beta testing period.

As professorx10 knows, being on the development team, the overall outline is complete and the game will conclude at v1.0. This will likely be in the first quarter of next year. There is no intention to drag the game out, however I am committed to completing the planned story line in Callisto. There are a number of interesting twists in the next few versions, that are too good to pass up. Being my first game, there are a number of things I believe I can do better in the next game, however I need to finish this one first. It's important to create a track record, by correctly concluding this game, as the first step in that process.

I respect the support of my Patreons and always keep them informed with weekly reports. With the delay in the release of v0.70, I suspended Patreon billing last month and will again do so at the start of next month. Whilst this delay was largely a result of being overly ambitious, it is my responsibility to deliver, hence any impact is mine to bear. The next version will significantly progress the story and also provide greater choice in directing the action. Additionally, some of the choices in previous versions, will come home to roost.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
....As professorx10 knows, being on the development team, the overall outline is complete and the game will conclude at v1.0. This will likely be in the first quarter of next year. There is no intention to drag the game out, however I am committed to completing the planned story line in Callisto. There are a number of interesting twists in the next few versions, that are too good to pass up. . . .

...The next version will significantly progress the story and also provide greater choice in directing the action. Additionally, some of the choices in previous versions, will come home to roost.
...and before you ask....

I ain't tellin' !! Phhht !! :cool:

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
Haven't dropped by this thread in a while, so I thought I would give you a quick update.

As my Patreons would know, I was a little ambitious in my original forecast date for the release of the v0.70 beta. Just didn't correctly account for the number and complexity of images required. However having said this, the version is nearing completion, with the bulk being the last third of the main story line images. There will also be a couple minor elements that will be included during the beta testing period.

As professorx10 knows, being on the development team, the overall outline is complete and the game will conclude at v1.0. This will likely be in the first quarter of next year. There is no intention to drag the game out, however I am committed to completing the planned story line in Callisto. There are a number of interesting twists in the next few versions, that are too good to pass up. Being my first game, there are a number of things I believe I can do better in the next game, however I need to finish this one first. It's important to create a track record, by correctly concluding this game, as the first step in that process.

I respect the support of my Patreons and always keep them informed with weekly reports. With the delay in the release of v0.70, I suspended Patreon billing last month and will again do so at the start of next month. Whilst this delay was largely a result of being overly ambitious, it is my responsibility to deliver, hence any impact is mine to bear. The next version will significantly progress the story and also provide greater choice in directing the action. Additionally, some of the choices in previous versions, will come home to roost.
A rare kind of honesty and integrity from a dev.
Thanks for the update.

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
IMHO The Best Kind! Complex and seems to create an open Universe for the Player.

1) It creates a universe you discover through Adventure stories that take you forward introducing new characters as you go.
2) It has side stories and back stories galore
3) It keeps track of what you've done and has a screen that reports it so you don't miss anything.
4) It REWARDS PLAYERS WHO CLICK ON THE "?" in the MENU and READ THROUGH THE 3 TUTORIAL SCREENS !!
5) It Maps out the Callisto Freighter where most of your interactions occur AND
6) It Leaves you GOLD STARS on that Map to SHOW you how/where to advance the Story.
7) AND IF you start from the beginning it gives you a short overview of both background and the playing 'field'

Is it a 'snap walk through'? No. You have to learn how to make Credits, keep your crew happy, and not do anything Stupid
(but you can always save before a decision)

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY (in my book) The Story keeps getting bigger, and Bigger and BIGGER...and BIGGER...

Oh, and you might check out the Prolog in the Captain's Computer before you really get into it. It too is a good story too.

So if you're after a good 'realm' to play and have fun in it is not only fun the first time, it is fun to come back to and replay parts of when things get tough in the 'real world.' Cheers
So there is no way to skip the management part?

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Short answer: No.
And IMHO, I wouldn't want there to be as you'd miss some of the best Times in the story.
This game not designed as a quick dumb plot to get you fappin quickly and as many times as possible.

This is an Adventure Saga...with lots of depth (and beautiful girls) that requires story development like:

"What you doin' Captain?"
"With the increased crew size we're going to need something more than milk runs to pay the bills. I'm looking for ways to put fuel in the ship and food on the table."
"Well if you want to make some real money, why don't you go into Salvage?"
"Easier said that done. I don't know where to find ships to salvage or how to recover stuff when I do."
"Well, I know someone who are expert at that sort of thing. I'll arrange them to meet us at the space station...."

and off you go on a new slant with new girls on a new adventure, while handling that 'management part.'

far more realistic than the 'slam bam thank you ma'am' of other games.

Reactions: Ahchi and ben_sylar

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
You can skip the trading and salvage mechanics, however it will result in you missing out on some of the content. Those mechanics are there to increase immersion and are not intended to be the core of the game. To progress some of the content though, you do need to travel to different locations, in order to trigger the events.

Reactions: ben_sylar

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
You can skip the trading and salvage mechanics, however it will result in you missing out on some of the content. Those mechanics are there to increase immersion and are not intended to be the core of the game. To progress some of the content though, you do need to travel to different locations, in order to trigger the events.
Just started a new game and found out the management wasn't as bad as I remembered. For me it was a problem of accessibility. It seems a bit overwhelming at the start.

Also the girls and the story are worth "enduring" it.

Reactions: Dragon59

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
Short answer: No.
And IMHO, I wouldn't want there to be as you'd miss some of the best Times in the story.
This game not designed as a quick dumb plot to get you fappin quickly and as many times as possible.

This is an Adventure Saga...with lots of depth (and beautiful girls) that requires story development like:

"What you doin' Captain?"
"With the increased crew size we're going to need something more than milk runs to pay the bills. I'm looking for ways to put fuel in the ship and food on the table."
"Well if you want to make some real money, why don't you go into Salvage?"
"Easier said that done. I don't know where to find ships to salvage or how to recover stuff when I do."
"Well, I know someone who are expert at that sort of thing. I'll arrange them to meet us at the space station...."

and off you go on a new slant with new girls on a new adventure, while handling that 'management part.'

far more realistic than the 'slam bam thank you ma'am' of other games.
Thx for the reply.

I don't mind the slowburn. What I do mind is when it looks like a game wants me to learn a second job to enjoy it.

As I replied to Xavster it isn't bad, it's just hard to get into.

Reactions: Hornyowl

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Thx for the reply.

I don't mind the slowburn. What I do mind is when it looks like a game wants me to learn a second job to enjoy it.

I understand. Getting started is always a little slow.
But, to help with you getting into the game and understanding it better and progressing, click on the big "?" button on the end of the menu at top and go through the 3 screens of the "Captain's Briefing" It will make all the mechanics and flow of the game environment easy to understand and tell you what you need to do in order to get the most of the experience.

"Good luck Captain."

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Thx for the reply.

I wish I had a job that easy and profitable! For those day-trader fantasies!

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes