Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
The mod does have a function to maintain excitability. Could this be causing this issue?
Very likely. The code to control lewd_excite in the game just isn't that complicated. During each iteration (action change / button click) in the lewd scene it is incremented by one and then reset to 0 upon completion of lewd scene. When loading your save into the game without the mod, it fixed itself after the first lewd interaction.

I have not taken a good look at the mod, as the game design simply doesn't require one. About the only cheat that makes life a little easier is to cheat the credits. Due to the game design, forcing variables will actually result in you missing content within the game. It also has the unintended result of breaking elements of it as well.

Two of the core design elements are as follows:
- Make the main game easy to progress, however provide some variety in outcomes.
- Never exclude content from playthrough, outside of a parallel branch in a story line, or where the player explicitly decides to skip.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Very likely. The code to control lewd_excite in the game just isn't that complicated. During each iteration (action change / button click) in the lewd scene it is incremented by one and then reset to 0 upon completion of lewd scene. When loading your save into the game without the mod, it fixed itself after the first lewd interaction.

I have not taken a good look at the mod, as the game design simply doesn't require one. About the only cheat that makes life a little easier is to cheat the credits. Due to the game design, forcing variables will actually result in you missing content within the game. It also has the unintended result of breaking elements of it as well.

Two of the core design elements are as follows:
- Make the main game easy to progress, however provide some variety in outcomes.
- Never exclude content from playthrough, outside of a parallel branch in a story line, or where the player explicitly decides to skip.
I get you Xavster. To be honest, apart from the "better" choices being highlighted, the "maintain excitability" is the main reason I use the mod. I have never actually used the cheat function...never had to, since earning credits was straightforward. I just felt I didn't want to have to go through the "grind" of raising love points/horniness each time.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I get you Xavster. To be honest, apart from the "better" choices being highlighted, the "maintain excitability" is the main reason I use the mod. I have never actually used the cheat function...never had to, since earning credits was straightforward. I just felt I didn't want to have to go through the "grind" of raising love points/horniness each time.
In terms of the access to lewd content, there really isn't any grinding required. Once unlocked (main story line) the lewd options will always be available. The relationship points don't really work like they do in other games as they swing depending upon whom you have been paying attention to recently. As far as the "maintain excitability" feature, from what I can tell it is actually just breaking a portion of the game and really doesn't achieve anything. All this feature does is remove foreplay and build-up from the lewd scene.

I would suggest that you try playing your current save without the mod and let me know whether you think you are missing out on anything. The game was never intended to be grindy, hence if there is a legitimate issue, I will seek to resolve it.

PS: Some of the positions will not be available if you have ignored a girl for some time. However will once again be available after a couple interactions. Note that by making decisions that favour the crew, or are morally appropriate, the overall happiness will be higher and this effect will be lessened.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
In terms of the access to lewd content, there really isn't any grinding required. Once unlocked (main story line) the lewd options will always be available. The relationship points don't really work like they do in other games as they swing depending upon whom you have been paying attention to recently. As far as the "maintain excitability" feature, from what I can tell it is actually just breaking a portion of the game and really doesn't achieve anything. All this feature does is remove foreplay and build-up from the lewd scene.

I would suggest that you try playing your current save without the mod and let me know whether you think you are missing out on anything. The game was never intended to be grindy, hence if there is a legitimate issue, I will seek to resolve it.

PS: Some of the positions will not be available if you have ignored a girl for some time. However will once again be available after a couple interactions. Note that by making decisions that favour the crew, or are morally appropriate, the overall happiness will be higher and this effect will be lessened.
Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Will do.

Reactions: Xavster

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I'm talking to all of the girls, at most time periods each day & their LI stats are still dropping, regardless.
Kara was 9.2 and has dropped to 6.5 in a few days. Despite me training with her and making out.
Despite constantly speaking to them, I am down to 2.6 for Alice & 2.7 for Tiffany.
I was the same for Lia, she was the lowest, until she surprisingly came to my room and started unzipping herself.
Now she can be requested each night and has jumped up to 5.9.
Despite her grinding her naked pussy on my cock, she's still embarassed in the shower. :ROFLMAO:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Despite her grinding her naked pussy on my cock, she's still embarassed in the shower. :ROFLMAO:
I've found that to be an all too common "glitch" in these games. Early, repeatable scenes don't progress along with the character's relationship. It's one thing I'm appreciating in Lessons in Love. In the two repeatable locations, you're offered a version of all the sexual behaviors you've engaged in so far.

Another thing I'll want to pay attention to in my own projects.

Reactions: Geowraith

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I've found that to be an all too common "glitch" in these games. Early, repeatable scenes don't progress along with the character's relationship. Another thing I'll want to pay attention to in my own projects.
lol So true, I just fucked this girl but now she's shy about me touching her, or seeing her. Same as she was, before it happened.
Ummm.... why? :unsure:

She was shy in the shower with Tanya, so thought that might be why.
Had her come to my room and grind on me that night & then saw her in the shower solo the next morning. She was still shy. Literally straight after she just got her cunt off my cock.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
To clarify a couple things about the comments above:
- The romantic score is a balance between the girls. Hence when you gain affection with one girl, you loose affection with others. In the real world if you sleep with your girlfriends friend, do you think she would be happy about it? If you progress the main story and make suitable decisions, you can increase the harmony on the ship, thereby keeping all of the girls happier.
- As to the comments about Lia and the shower, it's the difference between what they are prepared to do in private and in public (shower area doesn't have a door). If you progress the game further, more options will be available in private and her reaction to you in the shower will also change.

If you have played through the content and things still appear strange, let me know. I am not against making changes to the existing content or addressing issues.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
To clarify a couple things about the comments above:
- The romantic score is a balance between the girls. Hence when you gain affection with one girl, you loose affection with others. In the real world if you sleep with your girlfriends friend, do you think she would be happy about it? If you progress the main story and make suitable decisions, you can increase the harmony on the ship, thereby keeping all of the girls happier.
- As to the comments about Lia and the shower, it's the difference between what they are prepared to do in private and in public (shower area doesn't have a door). If you progress the game further, more options will be available in private and her reaction to you in the shower will also change.

If you have played through the content and things still appear strange, let me know. I am not against making changes to the existing content or addressing issues.
It does sound like you are more mindful of such things then most developers. There's one scene in a game where you find the "childhood friend" alone in the living room watching TV. Visiting here at the same time and place later in the game doesn't change the options, even though both of you are alone in the house.

We players do have to remember that in an enclosed environment like the ship, there will be very little privacy. It would be a major suspension of disbelief to think that the other women do not know who spent the night with you. As you say, building up the harmony among will help. I've already seen the change in Alice's behavior in shower. No longer quite so hostile.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
It does sound like you are more mindful of such things then most developers. There's one scene in a game where you find the "childhood friend" alone in the living room watching TV. Visiting here at the same time and place later in the game doesn't change the options, even though both of you are alone in the house.

We players do have to remember that in an enclosed environment like the ship, there will be very little privacy. It would be a major suspension of disbelief to think that the other women do not know who spent the night with you. As you say, building up the harmony among will help. I've already seen the change in Alice's behavior in shower. No longer quite so hostile.
Following the release of v0.50, where I added the scenes in the Captain's room, it was identify that the shower scenes were inconsistent. Thus I addressed this systematically in the release of v0.60.
One aspect to keep in mind, is that content doesn't magically appear out of the ether. The shower tweak required 36 additional images and the related code.
Should the community identify issues, I will attempt to see these resolved prior to game completion in v1.0 or earlier if practical.

Reactions: Geowraith

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Following the release of v0.50, where I added the scenes in the Captain's room, it was identify that the shower scenes were inconsistent. Thus I addressed this systematically in the release of v0.60.
One aspect to keep in mind, is that content doesn't magically appear out of the ether. The shower tweak required 36 additional images and the related code.
Should the community identify issues, I will attempt to see these resolved prior to game completion in v1.0 or earlier if practical.
Definitely. Earlier today when thinking about this topic, I was thinking about some of the labor involved, having to check relationship levels for an old scene and then have alternative visuals for major variations. You're doing a great job. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was actually criticizing your works.

In the real world if you sleep with your girlfriends friend, do you think she would be happy about it?
Hmm... My wife was all in favor of me seeing her best friend, but the best friend was hesitant because she wasn't sure how she would explain to her future husband, whom she hadn't met, that she'd slept with her best friend's husband with her blessing. My previous partner was happy when I had sex with her girlfriend.
My most recent partner also was happy for me when I spent an evening with one of her friends.

At least that's my version of the real world as a polyamorous person. That's one reason I'm all in favor of greater harmony on the ship! One big happy family! I'm really less happy with games where the MC is juggling chainsaws to maintain multiple relationships in secret, lest one of them "Bobbittize" him.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
In the real world if you sleep with your girlfriends friend, do you think she would be happy about it?
True. But in the real world, she wouldn't know about it!
If she did, we'd be dumped & single. :ROFLMAO:

All joking aside, thanks for the explanation. (y) Started to figure out that it was a finite pool, shared across them all.
Also got the later shower scenes with Lia, both solo and with Tanya, also for Tiffany solo + now waiting for the one with her & Julia.

Still funny that Lia had literally just hopped off rubbing her snatch on my cock, then got ashamed by me going near her in there.
Lia would let me share the shower, but not touch her. I might have just wanted to wash her back. Honest! ;):ROFLMAO:

Alice's behaviour in the shower didn't change until after she'd changed her appearance, which I think came after we'd rescued Rachel from the guy we stole the spider drone tech from, who's base we'd burned.
Same for Rachel. There doesn't seem to be any way to make positive, controlled changes to their ratings.
I noticed they went up after story events, then Rachel's side mission spawned after I'd completed everything else, so I have no clue what triggered that, it just seemed random.

Last edited:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Alice's behaviour in the shower didn't change until after she'd changed her appearance, which I think came after we'd rescued Rachel from the guy we stole the spider drone tech from, who's base we'd burned.
Same for Rachel. There doesn't seem to be any way to make positive, controlled changes to their ratings.
You are correct in that it is not possible at this time (you can bump slightly via shower scenes). Note that both the inner and outer circles of the relationship ring form a balance. The outer ring is also affected by the inner ring due to 'alliances' between characters. In v0.80 there will be additional content with Alice / Rachel.

The relationship wheel is about adding some customisation to the game. Hence your fellow crew members will act slightly differently, depending upon your current relationship. At any time though, you can swing from one extreme to another. I included the wheel as a tool for debugging and also for some interest. You should not try to achieve scores on it as a goal of the game.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You are correct in that it is not possible at this time (you can bump slightly via shower scenes). Note that both the inner and outer circles of the relationship ring form a balance. The outer ring is also affected by the inner ring due to 'alliances' between characters. In v0.80 there will be additional content with Alice / Rachel.

The relationship wheel is about adding some customisation to the game. Hence your fellow crew members will act slightly differently, depending upon your current relationship. At any time though, you can swing from one extreme to another. I included the wheel as a tool for debugging and also for some interest. You should not try to achieve scores on it as a goal of the game.
Thanks mate, really helpful! (y)
After your previous explanation and me getting a bit more in-tune with it, I managed to get Alice & Rachel to allow me to share the shower.
Rachel solo goes a bit further, with her "education" lol.

Does the scene with Julia & Tiffany go any further than Tiffany exclaiming that the 2 of them sharing is too much, currently?
I've done the scenes in their room, where Julia's teaching her (with MC's help), 3 or 4 times and got her gushing, but can't seem to take the shower scene to the next step. Juila says she's not ready yet.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Does the scene with Julia & Tiffany go any further than Tiffany exclaiming that the 2 of them sharing is too much, currently?
I've done the scenes in their room, where Julia's teaching her (with MC's help), 3 or 4 times and got her gushing, but can't seem to take the shower scene to the next step. Juila says she's not ready yet.
You will enjoy the next version when it is released to the public in a couple weeks. Let's just say that the events in Julia/Tiffany's room reach a conclusion.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You will enjoy the next version when it is released to the public in a couple weeks. Let's just say that the events in Julia/Tiffany's room reach a conclusion.
Seriously mate, only picked this up for the first time on Thursday. Got properly absorbed into your universe for the next couple of days!
You've done a cracking job here & I definitely look forward to the next installment.
I'm sorry I can't afford to Patron, because I honestly think your work deserves it.

Reactions: Dragon59
4.20 star(s) 118 Votes