evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
This is a BIG Story and not just some 'meet and fuck' fapper material simple dumb game, so get ready for some work and you'll find plenty of adventure.
Not to sound impertinent... but when does that begin?

I'm thirty minutes in, clicked through three completely scripted missions, three forced and uncontrollable sex scenes (one of which I'd have preferred not to have to have seen), and the only choice I've had so far is setting the MC's name. (Which I just realized after posting might be because I choce to imediately watch the "What Happened Before" intro stuff - but like... how long does that last?.)

When does the game begin, because I just quit and was about to erase it from the hard drive and add the dev's name to the list "do not dl". But if it's about to turn into an actual game and not just a kinect novel, let me know when that's going to happen. If it's soon enough, I'll still give this game a shot.

Also, I'm using ShaddyModda's mod, so if that's the issue, let me know and I'll start again with a fresh install (I just installed it for the save naming and scene replays).

Last edited:

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Not to sound impertinent... but when does that begin?

I'm thirty minutes in, clicked through three completely scripted missions, three forced and uncontrollable sex scenes (one of which I'd have preferred not to have to have seen), and the only choice I've had so far is setting the MC's name. (Which I just realized after posting might be because I choce to imediately watch the "What Happened Before" intro stuff - but like... how long does that last?.)

When does the game begin, because I just quit and was about to erase it from the hard drive and add the dev's name to the list "do not dl". But if it's about to turn into an actual game and not just a kinect novel, let me know when that's going to happen. If it's soon enough, I'll still give this game a shot.

Also, I'm using ShaddyModda's mod, so if that's the issue, let me know and I'll start again with a fresh install (I just installed it for the save naming and scene replays).
You're not impertinent, just impatient...it sounds like to me. Also, your 30 minutes in to the 'prequel' means yes you've been going through the VN part setting up the world and the main characters the game plays in.

Bluntly, it starts after you've assembled your crew and find yourself in the captain's cabin with just a few credits, no cargo in the hold and a choice of destinations, cargo, and actions. . .a point at which it sounds like you've either not gotten to or just got to and quit. I.E., you stopped at the starting line. I said it was a BIG story.

Use shaddyModda's Mod if you want, it adds nothing but naming your saves as the game already has replays built into it (which you haven't found/touched) I'll also point out that if you're looking for the usual 'story only as a reason to fap a lot' it's probably not for you. But if you'd like a grown-ups Sci-Fi Saga that doesn't hide the sex but intertwines it, it should be a home run for you, as it is for me and many others.

Finally, to toot my own horn,
yes the Prequel is long and strictly a VN which was one of the early complaints which I addressed in Callisto-X which you can find also on F-95. I changed the prequel from a VN into part of the game with mini-challenges and added special affects. Now in early release it will have more changes, all in keeping with the main story line but with a major twist at the end. you might check it out.

Ok, hope this answered your question. OH, and if you put Xavster_gaming in the 'do not dl' list you'll be sooorrrryyy.

Reactions: AlexMpog

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
You're not impertinent, just impatient...it sounds like to me. Also, your 30 minutes in to the 'prequel' means yes you've been going through the VN part setting up the world and the main characters the game plays in.

Aha, it was just my error. I'd forgotten I'd clicked on the intro all the way up until right after I posted....

Bluntly, it starts after you've assembled your crew and find yourself in the captain's cabin with just a few credits, no cargo in the hold and a choice of destinations, cargo, and actions. . .a point at which it sounds like you've either not gotten to or just got to and quit. I.E., you stopped at the starting line.
Not quit there yet then. I quit right after the 'big score' and the afterparty.

I'm more for the story, far, far, far less for the fap. Most of these VPNs aren't enticing that way at all.

Callisto-X ...
you might check it out.

I prefer to play games that are done. Burned on way to many that take forever to finish or just get dunped part/half way through (and I've got three I'm actively following that are really taking their time getting there, but they'll be worth the wait).

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Aha, it was just my error. I'd forgotten I'd clicked on the intro all the way up until right after I posted....

Not quit there yet then. I quit right after the 'big score' and the afterparty.

I'm more for the story, far, far, far less for the fap. Most of these VPNs aren't enticing that way at all.

I prefer to play games that are done. Burned on way to many that take forever to finish or just get dunped part/half way through (and I've got three I'm actively following that are really taking their time getting there, but they'll be worth the wait).
If you're in it for the story, you're in for a helluva ride... but I have a couple suggestions to reduce your frustrations early on. One there is a 'Walkthrough" on the first page I did to help players get started. Two, once you get to the captains cabin and Callisto's AI says you got the con and you see "Day 1" on the overhead, she recommends you check out the Captains Briefing you get by clicking the "?" button on top. Do it. It'll give you good understanding of the game early on and prevent 'thrashing around' trying to make money.

And If I may, your concern about Callisto-X is unfounded. I helped develop Callisto (in a minor way, Xavster is the brain behind it) and I've already finished the overall modifications but I am releasing it in chunks...the first one is Ver 0.35 and includes further into the story than you've gotten. You can play them both and compare as "X" is really just a major enhancement rather than a totally new game. would like to know your impression.

Ok, enough. Good luck.

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
One there is a 'Walkthrough" on the first page I did to help players get started.
It's really only useful for the "setting expectations" of the grind. The trading game is dead simple to master, even with out Tiffany's upgrade to it. What would be useful is knowing how much has to be in reserve for paying the crew. It's mention like once, then never again. I think it's "anything over 25K", but I have no idea why, it's not like that's a necessary figure for anything.

Two, once you get to the captains cabin and Callisto's AI says you got the con and you see "Day 1" on the overhead, she recommends you check out the Captains Briefing you get by clicking the "?" button on top. Do it. It'll give you good understanding of the game early on and prevent 'thrashing around' trying to make money.
Yup, reading those is all you really need. Though at least one side/sub/alt scene is bugged.

And If I may, your concern about Callisto-X is unfounded. I helped develop Callisto (in a minor way, Xavster is the brain behind it) and I've already finished the overall modifications but I am releasing it in chunks...the first one is Ver 0.35 and includes further into the story than you've gotten.
That's good to know. I'll be posting in the X thread ofr anything further as I'm done with this game, I can't stand Tanya and she keeps butting her tits in where I don't want to see her. But then the game very much spells out she supposed to be "the main squeeze" for some unknown reason right off, so I should have expected this.

• Hey there
Reactions: professorx10

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
Does anyone understand the girls' attitude meters? I don't understand what affects them nor what they do.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Does anyone understand the girls' attitude meters? I don't understand what affects them nor what they do.
Pay attention them and their interest goes up, ignore them and it drops...

If you keep them all relatively happy/level, you get a pretty uneventful ship/crew. If you let your attentions for one far exceed one of the others (say pay attention to Kara and ignore Lia and her numbers drop too far) they start playing tricks on each other. Just like girls are wont to do...

Reactions: BigBlob69

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
Pay attention them and their interest goes up, ignore them and it drops...

If you keep them all relatively happy/level, you get a pretty uneventful ship/crew. If you let your attentions for one far exceed one of the others (say pay attention to Kara and ignore Lia and her numbers drop too far) they start playing tricks on each other. Just like girls are wont to do...
Thank you. Do you know what paying attention to them means? I'm guessing it means attending their blue, silver and gold star events, and inviting them to your bed. And perhaps for Tiffany and Rachel it also includes trading and scavenging respectively.

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
Thank you. Do you know what paying attention to them means? I'm guessing it means attending their blue, silver and gold star events, and inviting them to your bed. And perhaps for Tiffany and Rachel it also includes trading and scavenging respectively.
Kara is easy to keep happy, just spar with her and when you get knocked down, sweep her leg so you make out. You get this option every second or third sparing session and she stays stuck at around 7-8 from there on.

For the pilot, the doctor, and Alice, they were at about 4 the whole game, I ignored them as hard as I could all game* and they never had any issues. So I'm not sure this part of the game even works (the whole "they play tricks or act out" or whatever. They never do. Aside from "snide" thoughts from Tiffany about the pilot early on, none of the girls ever had issues or were poorly behaved).

It may be tied also to how much money you are making them, in which case since the trading minigame is dead simple and I had them making 20k+ each most weeks (once you get the Tiffany Trading Upgrade it's hard to not make money as long as long as you ignore salvaging and just trade), they'd damned well better be happy.

* Yeah, I went ahead and played the whole game, so I could write a proper review. Now I just have to figure out how to actually post a review...

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
You see where the game's star rating is in the top right? Just click on the star you want to give it and a box will pop-up for you to write your review in.
Just a comment.... evileeyore may have played the whole game but he missed some things. He said " So I'm not sure this part of the game even works (the whole "they play tricks or act out" or whatever. They never do. "

take from me, they do play dirty tricks on each other... I especially like the one where they leave Kara suspended in mid air during her shower.... and there are others...
But there are many other little innuendoes and side missions during the game so save often and try doing things you might not...

Oh...and for even more variability give my Mod a try. Callisto-X is an expansion with much added....and a little tougher challenge.

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
Just a comment.... evileeyore may have played the whole game but he missed some things. He said " So I'm not sure this part of the game even works (the whole "they play tricks or act out" or whatever. They never do. "

take from me, they do play dirty tricks on each other... I especially like the one where they leave Kara suspended in mid air during her shower.... and there are others...
If I missed things‡ it's because either it's too easy to keep people happy (frex the Pilot stayed at 7+ for most of the game, probably due to $$$$ because it certianly wasn't from the lack of attention the MC paid her under my control, I think she finally dropped to 4 or 5 right before the final end mission sequence) or it's so subtle I missed it. Since Tiffany and Pilot (and Kera and Tiffany, and basically Tiffany and anyone except Doctor) are snidding at each other before the game even begins, I just ignored any cattiness as being "background noise". But I never saw anything I'd call "pranks" or tricks"... but again, I kept earning from trades so aside from that first end of week where you don't have anything in the bank (I could have had a pay day if I'd have not followed your Walkthrough on that day, but I agree, it's better to do a trade on that day and have cargo rather than give the girls a payday), they were immediately earning $1k-2k+ and rapidly earning $10k-20k... so I may have broken their 'emotions' and papered over any 'desire to do pranks' with fat stacks of credits.

I will say one thing, the AVN just suddenly sending you to a different location for a main mission cut sequence and then dumping you straight into the Sunday evening payday scene... was annoying the couple of times it did it to me. So protip to anyone else, Always Do A Trade And Fill Your Hold with a product, because deciding "Hmmm, I have 700k+*, it's Friday, let's head to [LOCATION] where I can really buy at low and resell elsewhere for huge gains..." and then instead going into a main mission sequence only to end up splitting that 700k with the crew and having 25k for trading†... yeah, that was annoying.

* I had almost 800k because the AVN had skipped two paydays in a row due to main mission interference, so the issue wasn't "has 700k+ and losing it", but that the main mission doesn't signal when it's going to cut in so on a Friday I didn't budget to to have a hold full of goods going into Sunday evening payday.

† I mean, the game also never has you needing to save up 200k+ in personal funds, so I did just transfer from MC's own pocket into the ship's purse to "jump start" the trade funds again, so it's not even a real setback. It was just a mild annoyance that was immediately mitigated because the MC's personal stash was overflowing. I think paying them out a percentage of the gain, rather than a percentage of the entire fund would be a better mechanic, but... it still works fine. Or rather the MC having to make the tough call as to how much they pay out, and having that impact their moods would be a better, but more complicated, mechanic.

‡ I did miss two sequences, and possibly a whole side mission (the other named bar mission - but that might have been a part of the end?), because they never got stars. There are a small number of "side scenes" that don't get stars at all (on the ship conversation scenes) and at least two "side sequences" with the Doctor that you have to notice their star goes from blue to silver, which I almost missed both times (it probably went silver for several days before I noticed because I was in the habit of just ignoring the Dr's star as I wanted nothing to do with her).

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Again, just another comment which I do not mean to be critical of the way a person decides to play the game.

Callisto has lots of variability and depth of relationships. evileeyore, the way you approached and treated the characters is why you had the experience you did. The fact there are things you did not get to experience shouldn't bother you if you're satisfied with what you did get. I noted that you say you disliked Tanya (the pilot) and Julia, the Doctor and that you avoided them. That is what made your choices create the path you followed and the experience you got.
I'll give you a couple hints. The money the girls get does not affect the relationship balance. The attention/affection/sex you give them does. You said it was easy to keep everyone happy, yes it is. I know because I tend to do the same. But other interesting things happen if you don't. Its up to you.
Also, there are things that happen that DON'T have stars to indicate them. While the gold stars are story line required, the silver stars help know the characters, there is more to relating to them than just the stars. Sometimes I relied too much on sticking to the stars and only after other playings discovered what I'd missed.
On my expansion of Callisto, I plan to expand elements of the story during the time AFTER you've hit all the stars as there is a lot of story time left and sometimes the girls replies get too redundant and boring then. I'm going to change that.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the game played your way. Just don't tell everyone that's the only thing that can happen...cause there's more. cheers

metamorphMP

Jan 6, 2024
Xavster & professorx10
It's a great game. Thank you for this experience.
Space theme, good story.
Also interesting UI and cool mechanics in general.
I liked endings with Lia and Tanya, well mostly with Lia, it's more completed. But it's fine, Tanya is an adventurous girl, she is not ready to settle down.

It's a shame the game is not on steam, i read in a thread that, it's because UI is not polished enough for it, but I dunno, it's much better than UI in some space strategies i played on steam.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Xavster & professorx10
It's a great game. Thank you for this experience.
Space theme, good story.
Also interesting UI and cool mechanics in general.
I liked endings with Lia and Tanya, well mostly with Lia, it's more completed. But it's fine, Tanya is an adventurous girl, she is not ready to settle down.

It's a shame the game is not on steam, i read in a thread that, it's because UI is not polished enough for it, but I dunno, it's much better than UI in some space strategies i played on steam.

Thanks for the comments and complements. As for the ending, be on the lookout for my expansion of this game, Callisto-X. I plan on it having an additional ending....besides a lot more. I'm now working on the second release which I hope to have out soon.

Reactions: metamorphMP

Warman53

Aug 13, 2020
I'm curious, for anyone else who has seen the endings is there an ending between the protangist and the dating couple on the ship? Sorry names escaped me right now.

Reactions: chicho1958

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
I'm curious, for anyone else who has seen the endings is there an ending between the protangist and the dating couple on the ship? Sorry names escaped me right now.
No. The Mc can settle with either Kara, Lia, Tiffany or Tanya, but not with Rachel and Alice (or Julia for that matter)

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I uploaded a save just before the end so you can see all endings, just look for it, with game 100% (that's a real challenge)

4.20 star(s) 116 Votes