ecoli

Aug 17, 2017
LOSE, the word is lose not loose, loose is a very different word and as for loosing, I don't know how that got past your spellcheck.
It's not just you m8, nearly every game it's the same thing, bugs the hell outa me even more than the to/too/two or their/there/they're or even your/you're

Any way, rant over, not a bad start, will play updates

Reactions: Hornyowl

SkinnGames

Jun 17, 2018
Wow! I just gave this a trial run and if you are seeking any funding for this project you can count me in! This looks great and if it continues along this path I want to come along for the ride! This reminds me so much of the Firefly series which I loved! Bravo!

43pass

Nov 18, 2017
This is a great first release, can't wait for more, i just hope that further into the game u get the option of having more then just Tanya, because almost all the woman on the freighter wants some sort of relationship with u, in my opinion that's what i feel.

Darkhound

Sep 2, 2017
Good looking prolouge and interesting start for a potential good story. Very positive and will follow the game for the time being.

A few cons:

- A few wording/spelling errors (compeditor = competitor for example) Though they are really few
- sometimes the scenes switch too apruptly
- The drama at the end feels like setting the MC mainly on love-path with his first shipmate (just personal opinion)

Reactions: Fantabaldu

Tom10

May 25, 2017
Wow, a masterpiece in the making ! Renders are top notch, and the animations too, WOW, it's a real animation. Where did this dev even come from ? Like all of a sudden BOOM the dev that no one knows comes out with a great game !

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Firstly thanks for all the positive feedback on the game so far.

To provide some clarification on what is intended to follow, the next version will depart from the prologue in a number of ways.
- Non-linear gameplay similar to Harem Hotel / Milfy City. There will still be story progression for each of the characters, however the player will have control over when they occur or if they occur at all.
- I am planing on switching from 3rd person to 1st person camera. It's actually a little easier as there is 1 less character to pose / render and should create greater immersion in the game. I will also allow player to select the main characters name / nickname.
- It is intended to be a Harem game, however will also be heavily driven by character development / backstories. Honestly writing / rendering a shag-fest would be boring.

Notes on Prologue:
- The prologue is fairly long in comparison to most, as I wanted to establish all of the main characters up front. This allows me to avoid having to phase in characters over a period of time, creating additional renders.
- As it was the my first time using Ren'Py, I didn't want to create too many challenges in the prologue from the coding itself. This is going to be the greatest challenge in the next version.
- It is intended to be stand alone and I am not intending on including the content in the main game.

To do list for next version:
- Flesh out the freighter, creating renders for all rooms that can be navigated by the player.
- Flesh out the galaxy, by creating a number of destinations to visit (likely to be trading hubs only initially).
- Create in game buy / sell market that will require the player to think about what they are doing. I believe I have a method to make this work given the math functions that are available in python.
- Story development for Tanya / Tiffany.

Following versions:
- Story development for at least one character.
- Add an additional feature to the gameplay (eg. salvaging, bounty hunting).
- At least 1 new destination.

I have been working on the prologue for quite a while, however not spending significant hours on it each week as I was working full time. Given that I am on work break for the foreseeable future, I should be able to make faster progress. Having said that though, I would be happy if I could get the next version out this year.

I have been asked by a couple of people about Patreon and to clarify matters, I am not on Patreon at this time. I may eventually sign up, however only after I have proven that I can deliver quality content on a routine basis. Don't worry, I have savings and won't starve any time soon.

PS: If you want to see some of my other artwork, I have posted fairly heavily in Daz3d Art Show us your dazskill.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
<--Mr.Spock is always in for Sci-fi themes. The more the merrier. (y)

Edit: This game is actually pretty funny (in a good way). Plenty of lewd scenes but not exactly a fap game. The author is clearly a sci-fi fan and there are elements of it I recognize from Trek, the KotOR bike race, "Frak/Frakking" in lieu of the other word from Battlestar Galactica and even an homage about Pelvic Sorcery from GotG...and the ex-military with a rag-tag crew on a rag-tag cargo ship operating on the edges of the law has some Firefly elements to it. Fun ride; Highly recommended.
You have managed to identify much of the inspiration for the VN. Firefly is in my opinion the best sci-fi series ever created. Horrific shame that it was scrapped without even a full season of episodes. The Trek reference I am not familiar with.

EDIT>>> OMFG! That theme music! WTF is that? A non-copyright compilation of near-2001-A-Space-Odyssey and Star-Trek??
It's Fanfare for Space - copyright free as obtained from youtube -

Not sure what you are planning as to the "economy" part of the game, but you can just build out your universe without having to render any planetside locations (that don't have story events) at all. Lots of space games do this, even Mass Effect2.

Just a have a Star Map/Nav screen showing locations and a little Callisto icon parked on wherever it is we are picking up cargo/salvaging and done.

Edit: Just a suggestion from someone hoping to see a next release before 2020 :D
Plan is for it to be immersive, hence the extra effort to make things gel rather than taking shortcuts it worthwhile. I have used Terradome 3 and Ultra-Scatter fairly extensively, so creating unique planet locations won't be particularly difficult. I also have some assets that will make creating this content fairly easy. I'll hold off on these locations until I implement salvaging.

I have a nice space HDRI set that I will use for the space backgrounds (used in promo screen, but not in game). Plan is for 3 main space regions, each using their own HDRI's. These will be instantly identifiable based upon the predominate colour in the nebula (red / green / blue). This means that for each of the spaceship rooms that have extensive windows, I will do multiple renders with the different HDRI backgrounds. On the surface it sounds like a lot of work, but in reality just some additional GPU cycles. It really is no different than doing separate renders for different times of the day.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Where is the kinetic Novel tag? The game has zero choices.. Just a linear progression.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Where is the kinetic Novel tag? The game has zero choices.. Just a linear progression.
The dev has been explaining everything just three post above yours.
To provide some clarification on what is intended to follow, the next version will depart from the prologue in a number of ways.
- Non-linear gameplay similar to Harem Hotel / Milfy City. There will still be story progression for each of the characters, however the player will have control over when they occur or if they occur at all.
- I am planing on switching from 3rd person to 1st person camera. It's actually a little easier as there is 1 less character to pose / render and should create greater immersion in the game. I will also allow player to select the main characters name / nickname.
- It is intended to be a Harem game, however will also be heavily driven by character development / backstories. Honestly writing / rendering a shag-fest would be boring.

Arrdvark

Jan 23, 2018
It's Fanfare for Space - copyright free as obtained from youtube -
Fanfare for Space by Kevin MacLeod has a Creative Commons license and requires attribution (see below). He has a ridiculous amount of music available for use.

"Fanfare for Space"
Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0

RedPyrate

Oct 11, 2017
WOW! Wish I had said it first.
My new favorite of all the games on F95. Lots of Girls, Aliens, ALL Beautiful, no cookie cutter models.
Believable & interesting Sci-Fi. I think the Firefly comparisons are merited.
Story was quite interesting, huge amount of fantastic content for an initial release.
I really don't care whether it is a visual novel or a game with choices,.
Every thing I have seen here screams winner on every level.
I've never remotely considered sponsoring anything on PATREON, I could make the exception here.
WOW!!!
Captain RED

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

L0thar

Jul 24, 2017
Very interesting, great graphics. I wonder if during the trip they will meet xenomorph, it would be a bit of a horror movie :cool:

Darkhound

Sep 2, 2017
Firefly... yeah I really wish they would have continued that. But at least later on it got a movie, though I didn't really like how it all ended :cry:
Hope we will see a little more comparsion to them in your game.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Some of it reads like Firefly and it jumps all over the place.

Sure it has potential to be good but it's prologue. No prologue gets 5 stars that I can take seriously.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Really enjoyed the game so far... keep up the good work, I am always a sucker for a good sci-fi space game... and since Starship Inana takes forever between updates, and Forgotten Paradise took a sip of "stupid juice" this definitely scratched the itch for me !

4.20 star(s) 116 Votes