4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Umbra.CA

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Really need some guidline in the game (at each girl)
Othwise 30+ days nothing has changed for me.. (Athlete)
Last time I played I could get to roof but not there isn't even such an option (to get solar panels) so I have a feeling something is bugged
To get there, you need to increase your inteligence as an athlete.

Umbra.CA

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
I have played through when it works, however it is too easy for it not to work. Just in your response you are saying you have game ending functionality depending on random events. That's a huge flaw. Encounters and story branches can be dependant on random occurrences, but survival? At any point you should be able to discontinue the story and focus on survival - and actually be effective.

I have to question how much playtesting you do when I can come in and break your game consistently without even trying. I would really like to play your game but you are not helping. Perhaps if you added some instructional or warning content to lead your player away from such significant dead ends. After all, it is a Twine game so you can literally write anything to the player. In the morning you can tell them what they need to do. Then in playtesting, you can see if they can actually do it. The exercise might illuminate those areas that are in need of improvement.

Good luck.
Warning content is really a good idea, I'll implement that. Thanks

MakoMan

May 14, 2018
I'm still getting the "bad mattress debuff" even after getting the mattress from the apartment? Is that intended orrr?

somebody28

Mar 10, 2018
I think currently it's impossible to meet Gabby Morgen. The gabbyMorgen.met flag is only set to true in the tent event (Gabby Morgen - Meet), not in the lake event (lake1). Meanwhile, you only access the tent event under the following conditional:
Code:
if (($randomnumber is 1)&&($characters.gabbyMorgen.met is true))
So you'll either have to let the tent event trigger while gabbyMorgen.met is false, or you'll need to set the flag to true in lake1.

Last edited:
Reactions: toradrac

NIQQMAN

May 3, 2020
There's three ways to get food, two depends on atributes. The athlete dont need to grind to get food from the river and the nerd dont need to grind to get It from the park. The other way is to get food from random encounters, but maybe i can increase the amount off food in the bugfix i'm working at
to be honest after trying it out and now how to push your stats it is more difficult on all except athlete. but i think it doesnt feel too bad. Just in the beginning one is dependant on finding random food. Mb you could generally change the random food into scavanging cans at the appartement. or you could create a spot in the forrest where there are bushes of fruit but contain only a certain amount of fruits that u can only visit the first 3 days or so. or mb u can let the nerd start with more food cause i couldnt get far with him without forcing random food once or twice on the first day
otherwise i rly like ur game.

dunno if this was mentioned before. but i cant use the apartement mattress. if i find it and "go home" im send to the next day even if it was the first thing i did in the morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickzeik

Umbra.CA

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
to be honest after trying it out and now how to push your stats it is more difficult on all except athlete. but i think it doesnt feel too bad. Just in the beginning one is dependant on finding random food. Mb you could generally change the random food into scavanging cans at the appartement. or you could create a spot in the forrest where there are bushes of fruit but contain only a certain amount of fruits that u can only visit the first 3 days or so. or mb u can let the nerd start with more food cause i couldnt get far with him without forcing random food once or twice on the first day
otherwise i rly like ur game.

dunno if this was mentioned before. but i cant use the apartement mattress. if i find it and "go home" im send to the next day even if it was the first thing i did in the morning.
With inteligente high enought tou can build a trap with high chance to get 5 food at once, but maybe i should increase that number

appusivdeondd

May 22, 2021
I think currently it's impossible to meet Gabby Morgen. The gabbyMorgen.met flag is only set to true in the tent event (Gabby Morgen - Meet), not in the lake event (lake1). Meanwhile, you only access the tent event under the following conditional:
Code:
if (($randomnumber is 1)&&($characters.gabbyMorgen.met is true))
So you'll either have to let the tent event trigger while gabbyMorgen.met is false, or you'll need to set the flag to true in lake1.
how do we trigger the tent event

Elrompeortos2000

Aug 26, 2020
I was asking about pregnancy as a late development feature beacuse you know it's the apocalypse and all of the stuff and it adds more development to the story

Reactions: Umbra.CA

SingerNS

May 30, 2017
finding apartment after you found park still blocks you from accessing apartment
seems as you have an issue with 5th location, i tried restarting few times, and using back button till i got apartment first, but as soon as i found park after that apartment was gone from explore list
also you still have same food finding issue...unless youre "cheating" with back button game will end in few days. even with back button takes me 20-30 tries to get food
one of the things i noticed is that youre missing quest log

Last edited:
Reactions: Umbra.CA

Umbra.CA

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
finding apartment after you found park still blocks you from accessing apartment
seems as you have an issue with 5th location, i tried restarting few times, and using back button till i got apartment first, but as soon as i found park after that apartment was gone from explore list
also you still have same food finding issue...unless youre "cheating" with back button game will end in few days. even with back button takes me 20-30 tries to get food
one of the things i noticed is that youre missing quest log
Random food encounters mean
to bem rare, the food mechaniscs are the main way. I Will add other random food encounters in other locations in order to provide diversity.

SingerNS

May 30, 2017
rare yes but whats the point of the game when you cant do anything?
if i dont use back button i die in matter of days cause i simply cant get enough food even as athlete. at least raise the possibility for food untill you implement more food sources

Umbra.CA

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
rare yes but whats the point of the game when you cant do anything?
if i dont use back button i die in matter of days cause i simply cant get enough food even as athlete. at least raise the possibility for food untill you implement more food sources
No, there's a fishing spear and a small trap you can build to get food, both in the base. The Spear gives you food based on your agility and the trap gives you 5 food per try, but requires high inteligence. With one of those you cand outlive starvation quite easily.

Etshy

May 22, 2018
ingame days of exporation and I can't find anything after the appartment, is that normal ?
I got like 10 solar plate from the appartment (check the water system choice) and I can't do anything more now, is this update done here ?

tyhmaalamas

Apr 20, 2020
how to get lake and tent events? I am at day 100+ 30 of those days spent just hitting explore and wander (for moods (I have enough agility that one fishing attempt feeds me for a long time.

and is there a point where stats don't need to be raised in current and next few versions? -- like would it be pointless to raise intelligence past 20 or agility past 20

edit: right after posting this i dozed and when i woke up, the first park wandering gave me lake event.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes