4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Umbra.CA

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Definitely a lot better than the first release. There are a few things I wanted to bring up given where the game currently is.

Stats. What do they do? You get some sense for which stats are attributed to which outcomes, but it would be nice to have a tutorial of sorts to explain what each thing generally represents. This also relates to decay. I got increased decay for showering. I have no idea what that means.

Stamina seems to be the most important stat at the moment. The more stamina you have, the more you can train your other stats, and then the more you can snowball the game. This makes the athlete origin the best choice overall as the benefits you get from other stats don't seem to really matter for where the game is at the moment.

Training feels like it should be limited to each activity only being allowed once per day because of the reasons stated above. Its super easy to just grind stats and make surviving in this game trivial.

It would be nice to have more player feedback elements. For example, when I complete a training activity, I'd like something to tell me + Agility/+ Charm etc etc. On the same line, it would be nice to know when one of stats has increased instead of needing to check my stat screen to find out. Another thing would be progress trackers. Something to tell me where I stand in terms of relationships with each girl. This helps me figure out how much more I need to interact with a girl in a certain way, and also lets me know if I reached the end of the content for a certain character.
All the stats update are given in the morning, so you can't use the new abilities until you sleep

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
An inventory would not be bad.
I've climbed on the roof a few times now and got solar panels, but can't see how much so far.
That would also be a good trade item, against other items or favours.

Caedyn

Dec 26, 2017
There should be anal scenes for chloe judging by the image folder but I cant seem to trigger them?

Apokolypse

Apr 6, 2020
I chose the athlete route, so survival isn't an issue at all. It appears charm and electronics/social seem to be untrainable? Am I missing something?

rance4747

May 25, 2018
I am open to criticism and suggestions, just send me a DM. Also, I intend to update it whenever possible.
Honestly, without some dark and gritty stuff to play with at least as an option, most post apocalyptic games usually end up sucking ass.

Rape, slavery, cannibalism, betrayal. Trying to climb atop of some neo-tribe so you can have at least some semblance of power and control granted to you. That sort of thing.

So far it looks like a start of your average simp simulator placed in a select setting. Man trusts a girl on his first encounter. Girl doesn't try to rob the guy. Options to at ther very least assign her ass to do some work for you via the simple "strong rule" are non-existant. Sigh.

Aside from that, text base games like that live and die by how content rich their random encounter systems are. That at least gives you a sense of adventure and makes grinding less of a shitshow.

SingerNS

May 30, 2017
from what i see at the moment, food and random events are huge issue, i used back button when exploring, it happened that i had to click like 20 times on back until i got food...later on i tried just exploring and sleeping, after 28 explores i got 1 food and no other events (this was as class clown) gonna try with athlete but seems that event chance is way too low at the moment

Edit: i tried same thing with Athlete and yeah its impossible...2-3 days of explore you dont find anything. Sooner rather than later its game over unless youre using back button like a maniac to gather food.
Other than that, problem is lack of events from what i see. When i found apartment, it showed up as choice 2 times, once i found matress, second time i didnt go there and went explore, found park and after that never got apartment again.

Last edited:

Umbra.CA

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
from what i see at the moment, food and random events are huge issue, i used back button when exploring, it happened that i had to click like 20 times on back until i got food...later on i tried just exploring and sleeping, after 28 explores i got 1 food and no other events (this was as class clown) gonna try with athlete but seems that event chance is way too low at the moment

Edit: i tried same thing with Athlete and yeah its impossible...2-3 days of explore you dont find anything. Sooner rather than later its game over unless youre using back button like a maniac to gather food.
Other than that, problem is lack of events from what i see. When i found apartment, it showed up as choice 2 times, once i found matress, second time i didnt go there and went explore, found park and after that never got apartment again.
I'm adding randon lewd events at this time, is easier to get food by fishing, but i'm implementing a hunt system as well more randon food events.

Reactions: Vicissitudo

Polpota

Jan 10, 2020
I played all three and kept losing until I realized I was playing with half a screen so I could watch a video at the same time.

First off do not rely on exploring for food. You will starve. You will starve as all three of them. As soon as you discover the river (which is the first or second explore) then go and build a fishing spear after that you're set as either the athlete OR if you're the class clown or nerd raise your stamina with the obstacle track (2-3 days straight of using it and sleeping) then you can fish more food than you waste in a day making it possible to either stockpile or raise stamina without a game over.

I think to make this a little more challenging (as it becomes heavily a snooze fest after this with some tits to wake you up in between)

1) Stamina and Agility should give a chance 0-max of getting a fish. So both will be an independent say 4 stam is a 0-0 roll for fish and 4 agi is also a 0-0 for fishing. then 5 stam would be 0-1 and 5 agi would be 0-1 meaning you could get bad rolls and get no fish or you could get amazing rolls and get tons of fish but it would always be a risk.

2) Mood should decrease with spear fishing, and should decrease more if either stat rolls a 0 meaning to fish you also take a risk if your mood is low.

3) Mood needs to be a hard game over possibly with bad end events. I got my mood to -10 with exploring and I was just fine which made me not even care about mood.

4) People staying with you need to also decrease food stores. Ideally you'd start with one person and suddenly your -1 food on top of your decay making early game management important for the class clown and the nerd.

5) Equipment should have a chance to break (showers, fishing spears) giving you a reason to use energy and time on crafting, repairing, or finding a replacement or potentially upgrading them. Shower should have a lower chance to break but still a chance. The system of having it and not having to worry about it makes the game less tense.

Reactions: Umbra.CA

NIQQMAN

May 3, 2020
When u get to get a 2nd interaction with cloe there is a 3rd panel but i think that there is no vid linked. so nothing plays in that 3rd panel.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Basically, I will answer the points you raised, but there are also further thoughts involved, which is why I am not answering you, Polpota , directly.

Re 2)
As for morale, yes, it should go down when fishing. But if a masterful cast succeeds and the aforementioned tonnes of fish are caught, this would be a massive morale boost. Even more so if the reserves were scarce or one had not eaten for a day.

Re 3 & 4)
Yes, basically in favour.
The signs can be different. There is no voluntary sex with the girls(except forced, which is again a mood killer).
The girls can run away or they can kill you and keep using the shelter themselves. (Would it then perhaps be an option to continue playing with a new char? How would the girls ensure survival?)
If the mood is too low, will action points be cut? I know this makes it even more difficult to survive, but one has to overcome one's inner stinker first.
By the way, are the girls just sitting around twiddling their thumbs all day? Will there be work for them? Can you set up a daily schedule for your residents?

Re 5)
I think a condition cheque for usable items is good, but this should not apply to all items.
I have been renting for 30 years and have never needed a new shower. Sure, I've changed the shower head once and replaced the (functioning) hose so that it matches the colour better.
In 30 years, the only time I've had to replace a washing machine was when the heating element burnt out. But it was already 9 years old. Otherwise, a new one was only bought because of a move. My first two were even used ones that lasted a few years before they were exchanged for something newer. However, things like dimensions or load volume were more important.
The oldest spade in my garden came from my grandfather. With the original handle.
It's more likely that you'll lose a screwdriver.

I don't know how complex it is to programme this, but I would build in a hidden counter that deals with the care of tools or weapons, for example.
If you fire 100 rounds but don't clean your gun in camp, the chance of a jam increases. This does not mean that you need an action for weapon care every day, but at least after use or once a week if not used, you should already spend an action for care.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Umbra.CA

matejko89

Jun 19, 2017
Releasing something with 0 content is predestined to die in bad ratings better make huge update and dont release game with 5 pictures and 1 vid and u should read some patreon rules before making it...

Umbra.CA

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019
Basically, I will answer the points you raised, but there are also further thoughts involved, which is why I am not answering you, Polpota , directly.

Re 2)
As for morale, yes, it should go down when fishing. But if a masterful cast succeeds and the aforementioned tonnes of fish are caught, this would be a massive morale boost. Even more so if the reserves were scarce or one had not eaten for a day.

Re 3 & 4)
Yes, basically in favour.
The signs can be different. There is no voluntary sex with the girls(except forced, which is again a mood killer).
The girls can run away or they can kill you and keep using the shelter themselves. (Would it then perhaps be an option to continue playing with a new char? How would the girls ensure survival?)
If the mood is too low, will action points be cut? I know this makes it even more difficult to survive, but one has to overcome one's inner stinker first.
By the way, are the girls just sitting around twiddling their thumbs all day? Will there be work for them? Can you set up a daily schedule for your residents?

Re 5)
I think a condition cheque for usable items is good, but this should not apply to all items.
I have been renting for 30 years and have never needed a new shower. Sure, I've changed the shower head once and replaced the (functioning) hose so that it matches the colour better.
In 30 years, the only time I've had to replace a washing machine was when the heating element burnt out. But it was already 9 years old. Otherwise, a new one was only bought because of a move. My first two were even used ones that lasted a few years before they were exchanged for something newer. However, things like dimensions or load volume were more important.
The oldest spade in my garden came from my grandfather. With the original handle.
It's more likely that you'll lose a screwdriver.

I don't know how complex it is to programme this, but I would build in a hidden counter that deals with the care of tools or weapons, for example.
If you fire 100 rounds but don't clean your gun in camp, the chance of a jam increases. This does not mean that you need an action for weapon care every day, but at least after use or once a week if not used, you should already spend an action for care.
I'm already working on next update and i have considered everything that you all post last days, I'm rewrighting the intro, something a little more agressive, but much more realistic and adult. Also rewrighting the side characters encounter to be more meaningfull. Mood mechanics also implemented.

Polpota

Jan 10, 2020
Releasing something with 0 content is predestined to die in bad ratings better make huge update and dont release game with 5 pictures and 1 vid and u should read some patreon rules before making it...
Seeing as how he moved quick for an update and is working quick on another I'm not concerned about a huge update.

Nothing wrong with releasing a proof of concept bare bones intro if they're doing steady releases to improve at the start.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
how can i get new pic with girls ?? i dkn how to play
There's not really much to see at the moment, but you unlock new scenes by playing for longer.
Talk to the girls every day, flirt, take a shower and there are random events.
Pay attention to the time of day, because you can only act with the girls at certain times.

Umbra.CA

Game Developer
Mar 18, 2019

New Version with some bugfixes, new experimental mechanics and more content.

Zirenaz

Feb 20, 2020
1621671521092.png
Names still not working properly.

Love/Desire stats for the various girl not increasing, so no advancement possible.

My advice, stay away from this until Dev decides to actually playtest and fix the many bugs that are still present with stamina and time use.

Reactions: nickzeik
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes