IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Thats a joke.

Give it a go yourself and make a game, see how you get on...

Your crying over stuff you get for free.... omg...

Only contribute in stuff you have faith in and want to see more of. If you contribute to the wrong devs who havent been around long then thats all on you... and nobody else.

:)
Agreed.

Cannot stand people who moan about dev's and have no idea how to even make a game. (yet I bet they claim they do but dont prove it).

There are a handful of dev's out there who do go awol but then thats life and people shouldnt be paying up front or demanding stuff if the dev's not been around long or not communicating properly.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Prickly Team Thanks for making your game. I just spent a couple of hours playing through v0.04

Some things that I really liked:
- artwork is very nice. maybe a little "sterile" but the style is a good start, especially the characters design and sexiness.
- the game UI is clean and smooth

Some things that annoyed me:
- removing some basic Renpy functions such as "H" to hide text box, "Right click" to go to save menu
- removing rollback!!!! Why! Too often it is possible to skip a sentence accidentally and there is no way to go back to read the missing words! Argh, I hate this!

Some things that were disappointing:
- The grammar and spelling is technically correct but the dialogue feels very lifeless and artificial. Real people do not speak like robots. Every sentence is like soldiers exchanging mission information. I strongly suggest you get help on this part to make it feel more natural
- I understand that this is only the beginning of the content. However, right now it does not "feel" like a summer camp - the characters do not interact except via MC. There are no "camp activities" going around the place. It is sterile and artificial, and nothing happens unless MC does something. For example here is something that would add some "life": in the first morning MC goes along with everyone to "morning wakeup exercise" and he can have a few conversations with his sister and the characters he meets. They are complaining and gossiping and interested in the new arrivals. After the first time he does not need to attend again, but the idea of this being an every day thing outside of MC's choices will add a sense of life and energy to the world.

Last edited:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
CampHillRange-0.04
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: WakamoSato

Pali

May 9, 2017
Prickly Team Thanks for making your game. I just spent a couple of hours playing through v0.04

Some things that I really liked:
- artwork is very nice. maybe a little "sterile" but the style is a good start, especially the characters design and sexiness.
- the game UI is clean and smooth

Some things that annoyed me:
- removing some basic Renpy functions such as "H" to hide text box, "Right click" to go to save menu
- removing rollback!!!! Why! Too often it is possible to skip a sentence accidentally and there is no way to go back to read the missing words! Argh, I hate this!

Some things that were disappointing:
- The grammar and spelling is technically correct but the dialogue feels very lifeless and artificial. Real people do not speak like robots. Every sentence is like soldiers exchanging mission information. I strongly suggest you get help on this part to make it feel more natural
- I understand that this is only the beginning of the content. However, right now it does not "feel" like a summer camp - the characters do not interact except via MC. There are no "camp activities" going around the place. It is sterile and artificial, and nothing happens unless MC does something. For example here is something that would add some "life": in the first morning MC goes along with everyone to "morning wakeup exercise" and he can have a few conversations with his sister and the characters he meets. They are complaining and gossiping and interested in the new arrivals. After the first time he does not need to attend again, but the idea of this being an every day thing outside of MC's choices will add a sense of life and energy to the world.
I second that. As you said, interactions besides with the MC would add something. I once saw a good youtube vid about the world building in the movie City of God. There they mention the same things:
- Natural Dialoge
- Couse and effect
- Characters should have activities outside of the frame
- Give Characters a chance for redemption

I miss also a larger Storyline as mention here: https://f95zone.to/threads/camp-hill-range-v0-04-prickly-team.136700/post-11508974

Reactions: dgxsu

Donjoe81

Dec 30, 2022
We REALLY want to be summertime saga so bad, instead of starting the game with content, here's a barren empty sandbox that you'll get maybe one event a month for the foreseeable future in
I totally agree, except the summertime saga part.
I understand why people compare games with this artstyle to SS, but there always seems to be some negativity when people use that artstyle, which I don't understand.
Other than that, I totally agree. For a game that has been in development for over a year now, this is just really sad. It's basically a demo with filler.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
Suggest you become a patreon/supporter then...
Just pointing out that we're seeing yet another repeat of the SFW side EA/crowdfunding scene where people hold high hopes and happily support great ideas only to realize 9/10 will either intentionally or unintentionally end up abusing their goodwill, so the concept eventually becomes a negative one.

Crowdfunding right now is really hard which is why so few games do it; you need basically an airtight idea, stellar creds, and a lot of work to show for it already, because people can see now that in the currently long history of crowdfunding the amount of blowout successes can be counted on a hand while the failures, scams, and mishandles are a sea.

None of the currently top earning patreon/etc ero games are seemingly anywhere near completion, the vast majority of them have had their updates dive to a crawl, and more than a few are remastering/swapping engines/rebuilding/whatevering.

Like I said, it's not always outright malicious, but it's also not hard realizing you're probably never going to make as much from sales alone as you are from subs lmao, because you already have sods paying hundreds for a game that will eventually be maybe $10-15 that isn't even yet finished yet.

Over time, less and less people will be willing to put down dollars for hopes and dreams. Yes yes, some will always happily allow themselves to be exploited and then find some way to justify it, that's just our species I guess, but as with the SFW crowdfunding scene, I think enough people will be salty at being burned eventually that it will be much harder to exploit subs without something to show for it.

I totally agree, except the summertime saga part.
I understand why people compare games with this artstyle to SS, but there always seems to be some negativity when people use that artstyle, which I don't understand.
Other than that, I totally agree. For a game that has been in development for over a year now, this is just really sad. It's basically a demo with filler.
The negativity comes from the fact that Summertime Saga has an enormous amount of potential and even in its current state is widely enjoyed, yet is now basically abandonware. For a lot of people, even if blowout successes like that can willingly throw themselves off a cliff, any game can, and similar art styles remind people of those negative aspects if they simply don't believe someone else is just trying to capitalize off its success.

There's really nothing shocking there.

In this game's case, I think the style is fine, I like it. The premise is good, characters are great, but yeah with the current state of (mostly western...) indie ero games, no one should be surprised this game is getting a lot of skepticism.

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes