Lordhellsing

Mar 16, 2018
So camp pinewood has never been finished yet this is being made now good to know camp pinewood is never being finished now

Banjovious

Mar 22, 2018
wow so camp pinewood is just dead
well i hope this one stays good and doesn't end up like cp and gets worse with every update
#notmyfrankie

Illustrivity

Mar 2, 2018
Huh, I've never tried out Camp Pinewood or followed its development, so I tried this demo out, and the presentation is fantastic. It was really deflating coming here and reading that the developer does not have the best track record. I still hope this gets a good bit of content before it's abandoned, because the visual polish is immense, and I like the art style.

Turkis

Jul 17, 2017
haha, all this people demanding shit, when they pirate games, what a joke
... you do realize that Vault is pirating characters of his game from various copyright materials, right? He releases the game for free because if he didn't, he could face a legal lawsuit. Disney is well known for using their army of lawyers to squash anyone infringing on their copyrights.

Just an FYI, can't pirate a game that is released for free.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
the art of the original wasnt the problem, it was pretty much EVERYTHING ELSE. the scenes were devoid of life, it felt less interactive than a still photo. the gameplay was grindy but without any real logic behind it. the location was perfectly fine, so did the characters. but that's all point less if you work your ass off to get a blowjob that is basically the girl with a dick in her mouth for a second, and the mc saying "thanks" or "ok", and then its over.

im not asking for animation, on the contrary, just some text to say what is going on. as it was, the original was basically a gallery viewer where you had to spend a few hours to get a new picture, that while looked good, had no context or any real event going.

TheK

Aug 3, 2017
Art style is the same, doesn't changed since Camp Pinewood. I would love to see something akin to improvised, realistic art style over the last one. Also, when did the Camp Pinewood finished? Why create something *literally* with same art style, same character designs while you have a powerful title in your hands.

KungFuKitteh2

Jun 9, 2017
Art looks like a decent improvement from the OG pinewood. Hope the dev has better luck with this one than the engine fiasco with the first...

...that really wasn't good. But best of luck to you

Karma1233

Jul 24, 2018
Seeing as how I've played both previous versions of Camp Pinewood in the past, I'll go ahead and play this Tech Demo and give my thoughts on the matter.

[]Things I don't like;
-Story starts off abruptly with little to no continuity being established. The MC doesn't even talk for the first 50 lines of dialogue, and the setup is completely ridiculous with unnecessary conversation points being thrown in for, what I assume to be, filler.
-The English dialogue is still poorly localized. It's not nearly as bad as the previous two versions, but it still isn't winning any awards.
-Some graphical bugs as usual, though it is a tech demo, so I'll let it slide.

[]Things I do like;
-The GUI and Menus are very clean.
-Interacting with objects feels good.
-Characters you're talking to will fade out slightly when the MC speaks (although this could be improved. maybe give your character's name bubble a different bg color or something)
-The visuals, as always, are very well done.

[]Summary;
I have absolutely no hope for this game. I can guarantee you that it will never reach 50% completion. Although it might play well, and look nice, the developer probably isn't going to put in the extra effort to actually polish this game, and it will most likely end up like its predecessors - in the Recycle Bin.

Hermit Moth

Jun 10, 2020
I can tell a lot of effort and talent was placed into this game, as well as on Camp Pinewood. The background art and ambiance in particular looks like a high tier indie game. Unfortunately I was never able to get behind the art style of the characters from the OG pinewood and I feel an even greater disconnect with this new art style and for a series who's entire hook is luring you into the familiarity of the shows you enjoy, that's a problem.

I wish them the best, but it just isn't for me.

Kurohimiko

Jul 21, 2017
lets give the dev a 2nd chance and see what he/she brings.
They had a second chance, it's what destroyed the first game and created all this bad will. When you make a game and decide to try and port it to a completely different program, change the entire game, and then abandon it because you broke it too much, you end up with people thinking little of you. They had a good solid game with the Unity version of Camp Pinewood, they should have just gone back to the last build of that and salvaged what they could from the Ren'py version. Instead we got a canceled broken game and something new to worry about. What's to say they won't abandon this game? People start to worry about where their money is going, especially in this timeline.

Reactions: godlike123

Josh Spicer

Sep 19, 2018
Have we learned nothing?

If you really want Camp Pinewood stuff just read the original Camp Sherwood comic.

Or...not the original, the ongoing one.

EPOC16

May 3, 2018
I mean.... I liked camp pinewood, dont get me wrong. The problem it always had that with every update, new things were broken until only about 1/2 the game features even existed anymore. I would say that this makes me cautiously hopeful.

slayerfox

May 19, 2018
... you do realize that Vault is pirating characters of his game from various copyright materials, right? He releases the game for free because if he didn't, he could face a legal lawsuit. Disney is well known for using their army of lawyers to squash anyone infringing on their copyrights.

Just an FYI, can't pirate a game that is released for free.
I'm going to assume you don't quite understand what pirating is.. This game doesn't "pirate" anything. The assets and models used are not ripped nor stolen from anywhere. The art is created either by the dev, or by someone the dev hired. There is a difference.

also, as a nitpick to your last point (the FYI statement): the game is locked behind a patreon pay wall, so it technically isn't free. You can pirate the game because it's not supposed to be accessed unless you've given compensation to the developer, even if that compensation is a "donation"..

3.00 star(s) 14 Votes