Deleted member 153573

Developer of Candyman
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
I was thinking of translating the game into another language, but I don't understand what engine the game is on?
Point and Click Development Kit

Hopefully in the future this great game will be in Ren'Py , plz :( :rolleyes:.
I'm learning Renpy myself right now and will create my new game with it. But there is already a fan working on the implementation of Candyman to Renpy. If anyone else would like to do this he can also get a media package for it.

View attachment 1499545

What is this error and how to fix it?
Really no idea, sorry. Does this also happen with the other options?

• Red Heart
Reactions: delacroix2

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Should one use the money cheat??

Sounds like a stupid question, but I like to play games without cheats, but to save up for the Brothel will take ages....?

Reactions: Synful62

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
OK, I really want to love this game...

I love the interface, I love the story, I love the characters,

BUT I might be mistaken, but the game just feels a bit buggy to fully enjoy:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I really want to give this a 5 star review. This has everything I want in an adult game. But If the triggers are buggy I can not really see giving it more then 3 stars.

Please can the dev maybe give me some pointers. I was enjoying the game, but the suspected trigger failings, really made it less enjoyable. I don't mind if you tell me to do things in a different sequence, that's why it went wonky, but it would be nice if the game prevented wonky things from happening.

I will hold of my review for now, because it might just be me misunderstanding certain game features.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I use v0.37 cheat:( new version cant not cheat
Cheat seems to work fin on my side. I just was not sure if it were supposed to be part of the game or not.

There's lot of other funny jumps in the story progression, for instance on my second playthrough, the Pizzeria does not become a valid location, even after Sharon tells me to go there.

To be honest, I really like the game, but the those kinda things really puts a damper on things. I also see other people being able to sleep in Mia's bed, but that option never opened up for me. So I feel I'm missing content and I'm not sure if it's something I missed, a bug or supposed to work like that, but it really puts me off the game.

TheParroter

Nov 18, 2019
so, in current build there is no wine eh ? last item I seek all over place to open might be last scene and it would be lovely if this game have a volume control, keep up the good work

Deleted member 153573

Developer of Candyman
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
Even if I repeat myself, the majority of bugs in the game are caused by the buggy game engine (the PaCDK editor). It happens even to me that I have bugs at the first start and if I just restart the game, they don't happen. Why? Absolutely no idea! And I'm really sorry for that! :cry:

My current goal is to add the main story and side story to the current game and finish it till the the end of this year. That's my primary goal. After that, I could at least implement the story into Renpy (I've learned enough for that), but I'm not sure about the game mechanics. Advantage of Renpy would be that I could add all renders in full HD, which will be really nice.

So would the story alone be of enough interest to you? :unsure:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Even if I repeat myself, the majority of bugs in the game are caused by the buggy game engine (the PaCDK editor). It happens even to me that I have bugs at the first start and if I just restart the game, they don't happen. Why? Absolutely no idea! And I'm really sorry for that! :cry:

My current goal is to add the main story and side story to the current game and finish it till the the end of this year. That's my primary goal. After that, I could at least implement the story into Renpy (I've learned enough for that), but I'm not sure about the game mechanics. Advantage of Renpy would be that I could add all renders in full HD, which will be really nice.

So would the story alone be of enough interest to you? :unsure:
Thank you for your reply.

I actually enjoy the game a lot, the way it is right now. I'm not one of the guys sold on RenPy. I have played awesome Adult games on Unity, RPMG, Unreal and other engines. And some of them were excellent.
The nice thing with Renpy, is that you have a lot of built in features that this player base really enjoy. (Unlimited saves, rollback, Fast forward etc.) But I do not think it's neccesarrily better. Your game engine as is, I find very enjoyable.

Having said that. The big issue with your game as it is at the moment, is that if something does not happen, I'm never sure if it's due to me doing something wrong, a bug in the game or me doing things out of sequence that you as a dev maybe did not think were possible. (IE things I'm doing in a sequence no normal player would do it in)

Becasue of that uncertainty, It then get's very frustrating if you can not unlock a location or character for instance. Hebce ny current frustration with the game.

So for my personal sanit, if you can maybe just give me direction on the following two points.

1) Are you supposed to be able to sleep in Mia's bed before you get married to her?
If you are suposed to be able to sleep in her bed before marriage, what is supposed to be the trigger for this?

2) I suspect that you should be using the bank for Money, as your potential income seems way to little to buy things later in the game. (It might be that I have not unlocekd all the potential income streams, but for instance, I got about 5K a day, but needed 800k to buy brothel. Doing the math, that would seem like really long time to achieve)

I'm pretty sure the Pizzeria thing was just a bug on my second Playthrough, so I will not ask you about that.

So just to sum it up, I rally think you have a winner here. I certain love the game, but the uncertainty, of knowing why a location does not unlock, is killing the mood.

I might sugest a WT? Since then a player can more accurately report a bug?

Sorry, not trying to be a downer. just trying to help maybe in identifying a bug?

Reactions: Synful62

homarkc

Nov 12, 2018
I click the mouse forever and still can't get any trust money from the bank.

Last edited:

Deleted member 153573

Developer of Candyman
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
1) Are you supposed to be able to sleep in Mia's bed before you get married to her?
If you are suposed to be able to sleep in her bed before marriage, what is supposed to be the trigger for this?

2) I suspect that you should be using the bank for Money, as your potential income seems way to little to buy things later in the game.
No 1:
Story Roadmap Mia.jpg

No 2:
As long as I have not yet built in all the businesses, the bank should serve for this purpose.

Reactions: Alfius

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
No 1:
View attachment 1501621

No 2:
As long as I have not yet built in all the businesses, the bank should serve for this purpose.
Thanks! This makes a lot of sense!

Will remove any trace from the game and restart again. I think some of the variables might be stuck in memory!? or in a buffer causing the triggers to fail.

My trigger failed C,D (She talked about the other character, but could not find her location)

Then E kicked in (So BJs, but no character unlocks)

Content for F never unlocked, but Managed to get to G,H.

So at the end of the day, I finished her content, but never unlocked content in C,D,F and none of any of the characters linked to her.

So I'm only playing half the game. I'm not sure the engine works, but maybe one can put certain checks in before you move to the next level with your two main girls.

For instance: Before you go from Neutral, to Know for instance, check that you went to all the locations and past certain checkpoints before allowing the system to add more Love points (RP)? Similar to what you do for instance when you have to get the Camera or Shotgun. But while she's waiting, also not allow the MC to ger more points, while certain conditions are not met.

I wonder if it's not a case where the Lovepoint accumalate too fast, and then jumps over certain events that then locks that content from the game?

All this is pure speculation. Just random thoughts to maybe help you in finding the cause of the issues.

I'm going to try out the game from scratch now, and Hopefully get Mia's path to work. Sharon's path seems to work better, but I also got the that the Pizzeria did not want to unlock on my second try.

Still think the game is awesome! So good luck! Hope you can find some of the causes. :)

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes