Pathvader

Jan 8, 2018
Because of laziness and not wanting to sift through 30 plus pages of comments. Has a password for the CGs been given or figured out yet? I like to be bale to look through them to find things I have missed in game and try to get them. Thanks.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
The trust doesn't work for me either... counter stays at 0. Also, weird that the trust is the "cheat system", but without it, it would take over 500 days with all your incomes maxed to buy the office. It's possible I'm missing money on the brothel (only bar is working), but I don't see a way to upgrade it.
You do get quite a lot of mothly money later on... Around 50k/d if I remember correctly.

But buying some of the other Buildings, is just Waaaayyy more. So I think the Bank is part of the game. :)

Deleted member 153573

Developer of Candyman
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
The trust doesn't work for me either... counter stays at 0. Also, weird that the trust is the "cheat system", but without it, it would take over 500 days with all your incomes maxed to buy the office. It's possible I'm missing money on the brothel (only bar is working), but I don't see a way to upgrade it.
The trust is part of the game, because I haven't put in all the content yet, but focused on the main story. That it doesn't work for some, but for many others it does, I don't understand myself. So I can not really help, I'm really sorry. If someone has suggestions for solutions I'm open for it.

And especially concerning the penthouse... please always make sure not to buy it directly after the tour of the buildings, but to ask for the reduction of the purchase price (the button right next to it). Maybe I'll adjust the price for the office building in the next update, then it won't be quite so hard.

Reactions: hideouz

valantis

Jul 13, 2017
The trust is part of the game, because I haven't put in all the content yet, but focused on the main story. That it doesn't work for some, but for many others it does, I don't understand myself. So I can not really help, I'm really sorry. If someone has suggestions for solutions I'm open for it.

And especially concerning the penthouse... please always make sure not to buy it directly after the tour of the buildings, but to ask for the reduction of the purchase price (the button right next to it). Maybe I'll adjust the price for the office building in the next update, then it won't be quite so hard.
Yes the trust is frustrating. Doesn't work for me either so there is no point in playing the game if I need 500 days to accomplish anything. Maybe lowering the price is the solution to involve everyone.

Silito13

Aug 9, 2016
I now have Mia's story where in order to proceed I need to unlock the penthouse. However, I have bought it, renovated it, and can access it no problem. Am I missing something?

Lumenarian

Apr 29, 2017
I now have Mia's story where in order to proceed I need to unlock the penthouse. However, I have bought it, renovated it, and can access it no problem. Am I missing something?
I'm having the same problem. Can't find where to get the suit either.

DrakaF

Dec 4, 2020
A realy nice game.
Apart from the mom/sis-relation and the rather amateurish animations it is very fun to play.
Will check for new updates.

btw my ban/sharefund works great; otherwise I would spend too much hours on this game... o_O

brittC25

Nov 24, 2018
As said prior, I loved the John Smith games, even the mega grinding one set on the farm with the girl, I think it said she was 16 or something like that, the renders were beautiful even back then.

(You should consider remaking the John Smith games in their entirety again but on Renpy) just not on this game platform though.

I love this present game, but it is very buggy, and this is mainly down to the platform used, I read the Dev said a fan is going to port the game into Renpy, all I can say is thank god for that lol.

Now, please, someone give me the fricking night club code???? lol

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Ok, so I've tried to play this game. I'm using Windows 10. I have the game on a removeable drive. Either when I go and click on Settings or the actual game, I get the message that I've uploaded a picture of. I don't have a clue what it says, since it appears to NOT be in english. It also happens when I go to click "Save" in the settings application.

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
Ok, so I've tried to play this game. I'm using Windows 10. I have the game on a removeable drive. Either when I go and click on Settings or the actual game, I get the message that I've uploaded a picture of. I don't have a clue what it says, since it appears to NOT be in english. It also happens when I go to click "Save" in the settings application.
Error message "The given file was not found"

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Error message "The given file was not found"
So what am I supposed to do with that? I unzipped all the parts into one folder, so they should all be present, right? It is 1.08 GB and there is one other folder and between the two folders there is 15 files. Am I missing something??

DrakaF

Dec 4, 2020
That works for me on "Microsoft Windows 10 Home".
Candyman 0.50.JPG
It's Dutch but I guess you'll get it.
I see with other games that sometimes the path of the location is too long...

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
So what am I supposed to do with that? I unzipped all the parts into one folder, so they should all be present, right? It is 1.08 GB and there is one other folder and between the two folders there is 15 files. Am I missing something??
These are the files in the folders:
root
game_folder.jpg
data
data_folder.jpg

Raknor

May 12, 2019
I finally got it to work. It kept giving a Windows Defender message that was low priority. I gave it permission to access it and it has started to work.

Reactions: DrakaF

hideouz

Apr 15, 2018
i played from start and im through of all parts of the game (0.5)
and what can i say, not one bug or one problem at all and its runs smooth - maybe some got problems, coz the cheats?
i didnt use the cheats in the room with the "code" or the money cheats
played the old john smith games long ago, now this and i really like em! - to bad, the john smith games never finishd :]

Lgn332

May 23, 2018
Hi!
The 8th of December he mentions v0.60 in his Patreon page.
Anybody knows if it's already out?

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes