VN Ren'Py Captains Bizarre Adventure [v2.3] [CaptainVerse]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
One thing I wish many creators of these Vn's would learn is put a damn "to be continued screen" at the end of each chapter/Stopping point. Instead of bam, back to the menu.
haha sorry, I still have a lot of things to improve and it also bothers me while I'm playing to see if everything is right and go back to the menu, but I ended up forgetting again

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
Yanno, if you want ppl to give a game a try, you might wanna tell them what it's about. And no, your 'synopsis' doesn't even come close to telling ppl sweet fuck all.

You can take the nearly 8 billion ppl living on this planet, subtract whatever number of ppl who have even heard what this is based on, much less played it, and you will end up with a number that is STILL almost 8 billion. Almost as if the vast majority of ppl have never heard of whatever this is based on, much less seen it. So your overview is about as useful as a politician's promise.
wow thanks for reminding me i forgot i have to update this too hehe

Reactions: Phase_01

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
omg a honkai parody game
good luck
and i hope you dot give up nd finish it
hehe don't worry though i don't have as much time as i'd like to focus on the game i don't intend to stop until i get the happy ending everyone deserves

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
A suggestion I would like to add is creating a changelog for what's available for each patch.
Of course doesn't need to be too detailed to avoid spoilers.
But something like "2 lewd scenes" or "2 Rita lewd scenes, Kiana story continuation" for example would be nice.
I'll be honest I haven't played it yet since I want to get more caught up in Honkai before I do, and I usually prefer to wait until a few updates are out to play.

Reactions: Kanchou-Sama

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
A suggestion I would like to add is creating a changelog for what's available for each patch.
Of course doesn't need to be too detailed to avoid spoilers.
But something like "2 lewd scenes" or "2 Rita lewd scenes, Kiana story continuation" for example would be nice.
I'll be honest I haven't played it yet since I want to get more caught up in Honkai before I do, and I usually prefer to wait until a few updates are out to play.
At the moment I'm just sticking with the main story, but thanks for reminding me, I'll see how I can do that without giving away too much spoiler

Yaichi

Mar 7, 2020
Ok, direct question given how "informative" the front page is, what's the content in this latest update? I mean no offense, but as in other similar cases when you put stuff like 1.2 people tend to assume it's basically done, a general description you could put is something like chapter 1 done, date with a character available, it's generic and you're not giving anything away plotwise.

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
Ok, direct question given how "informative" the front page is, what's the content in this latest update? I mean no offense, but as in other similar cases when you put stuff like 1.2 people tend to assume it's basically done, a general description you could put is something like chapter 1 done, date with a character available, it's generic and you're not giving anything away plotwise.
I updated it, I was thinking about how to put what will happen without giving spoilers, I hope it worked

SneakyTrinky

Sep 14, 2021
The direction the story goes is interesting. I didn't expect the part with Cecilia at all. The timeskip seemed a bit abrupt, but I suppose the events in between weren't too important.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
OK.. first 5 minutes I am yawning the text is damn dry.. I can't stay interested in it and it does not help that there is no DAMN audio in it at all.. not even background music.

To sum it up it's boring.. very very boring.. when I saw Bizarre Adventure I thought it would have some really good scenes and interesting things to draw you into it.. but instead it's some of the driest dialogue I have tried to read.

SneakyTrinky

Sep 14, 2021
OK.. first 5 minutes I am yawning the text is damn dry.. I can't stay interested in it and it does not help that there is no DAMN audio in it at all.. not even background music.

To sum it up it's boring.. very very boring.. when I saw Bizarre Adventure I thought it would have some really good scenes and interesting things to draw you into it.. but instead it's some of the driest dialogue I have tried to read.
I found the dialogue with the girls to be entertaining. It's also just started, so give it a chance.

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
The direction the story goes is interesting. I didn't expect the part with Cecilia at all. The timeskip seemed a bit abrupt, but I suppose the events in between weren't too important.
yes, I also think that the timeskip could have worked better and to be honest I wouldn't touch that part of the story but, I think that the reunion with Cecilia would be much more emotional.
As for what happened during the timeskip, I have a few things in mind that I haven't shown because it would make the story too slow, I opted for flashback's, when talking to someone or remembering the past, so it won't be blank but it also doesn't delay the story too much

Reactions: SneakyTrinky

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
I want to know if your self-created character is in the harem
I still haven't made up my mind about them to be honest, I had that in mind (I spent hours customizing two more versions of each one of them, to age them and to be visible the difference without losing the characteristics) but...

I don't want to screw things up, the timeskip was also thinking about it, I don't want to delve too deeply into their relationship, they would have to treat him like a child initially, then there would be no way forward other than being a family

As I didn't delve into this family relationship, there are still chances, but that will depend on whether they will be accepted by all of you.

Reactions: wangcy

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
but that will depend on whether they will be accepted by all of you.
Well I can't speak for anyone else but I like all the big sis characters, Rumi and Lisa are my favourites there. Valkyries rarely live to reach even Himeko's age, I also like the idea that captain getting sent back somehow keeps those 4 alive longer. Maybe have it mentioned that Cecilia saved their lives a few times in the background to explain why some characters that Honkai fans aren't familiar with survived longer than they probably should have.

SneakyTrinky

Sep 14, 2021
I still haven't made up my mind about them to be honest, I had that in mind (I spent hours customizing two more versions of each one of them, to age them and to be visible the difference without losing the characteristics) but...

I don't want to screw things up, the timeskip was also thinking about it, I don't want to delve too deeply into their relationship, they would have to treat him like a child initially, then there would be no way forward other than being a family

As I didn't delve into this family relationship, there are still chances, but that will depend on whether they will be accepted by all of you.
I like your OC valkyries so far, but they should stay as background characters. I'm here for the real, canon valkyries like Bronya and Kiana.

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes