crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
any games like this? corruption and animation changes as it goes?
It's uniqueness is a double edge...it's as much intriguing as it is alone in many ways. There's other side scrollers, but so far that I've seen not many that follow the whole survive-each-wave gimmick. There's Attack It! Devil Legion and it has a similar system where each level is you bringing a band of monster ladies to battle against the maps' human male opponents. That's the closest to this I can think of. As for the corruption and animation changes, your best bet is probably looking through the list of side scrollers with similar tags here.

Solovinomit

Sep 12, 2018
FML... I finally completed all the experiments, with a lot of help of this forum (thanks everyone) the muscas and the sqoids were the most horrible experiments to complete, but finally I did it, so I go for my reward, and my code is... 54.... not 0054 not 5400 just 54.... the effing door doesnt accept 2 digit codes!!!!!!!!!! so, I will have to download some effing save file, to see the shocking ending... FML

dw9000

Nov 27, 2017
FML... I finally completed all the experiments, with a lot of help of this forum (thanks everyone) the muscas and the sqoids were the most horrible experiments to complete, but finally I did it, so I go for my reward, and my code is... 54.... not 0054 not 5400 just 54.... the effing door doesnt accept 2 digit codes!!!!!!!!!! so, I will have to download some effing save file, to see the shocking ending... FML
Save you the trouble, it's just a shotgun that instant kills you at the end (was mentioned on so many pages), you are better off actually just flipping the lightswitch on and off several times till the lights change, and a wall opens to the left, go through that and down the hall till you fall into a pit, that's another "ending" with a unique character that has it's way with you.

though it's sex animation is the same as one of the Five night at Freddy's parody.

If the Dev ever revisits this idea, it would be nice to see it develop further, has a great concept and could have an amazing story element, this whole segment first being the experiments and then after convert it either to an open element or something else going through trying to escape a complex kinda Cabin in the woods style idk.

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
In his defense, this forum is 103 pages long. Also, does it cost money to have you do this whole "mod asset" thing?
To the best of my knowledge, no-one here or in the discord is taking donation-based requests, though admittedly I barely glance at the discord whenever someone mentions it, so my knowledge isn't solid.

crzBlx

Apr 4, 2018
i just want to ask something since this game didnt get "abandoned" mark. is there any update after 1.0.5 ver. release? i remember cheked it on last january 2021 but it still didnt get the mark.

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
i just want to ask something since this game didnt get "abandoned" mark. is there any update after 1.0.5 ver. release? i remember cheked it on last january 2021 but it still didnt get the mark.
1.0.5D, the dev build, which has a prototype system where the character's stomach inflates when impregnated.
It is technically 'abandoned' in that the dev had greater plans before spaghetti code and real life interfered, but it isn't blatantly unfinished, a complete game is here, if smaller and lacking a proper ending then was planned, so it gets the 'complete' tag instead.

Reactions: anon241 and Apice

crzBlx

Apr 4, 2018
1.0.5D, the dev build, which has a prototype system where the character's stomach inflates when impregnated.
It is technically 'abandoned' in that the dev had greater plans before spaghetti code and real life interfered, but it isn't blatantly unfinished, a complete game is here, if smaller and lacking a proper ending then was planned, so it gets the 'complete' tag instead.
thanks for the answer. it still kinda sad knowing this game really had many potential in the future yet there is almost no info from the dev

Reactions: Apice

Gadriel

Dec 15, 2017
thanks for the answer. it still kinda sad knowing this game really had many potential in the future yet there is almost no info from the dev
What are you... and I quote, again;
-
It's been a while since I made an announcement, but here's a quick run down of what's up with Captivity and me, the developer: I severely underestimated the amount of attention, motivation and primarily time that school would demand of me for the recent 3 months. I have been simply unable to work on Captivity. The spare time and motivation I had left after finishing up schoolwork was spent mostly on relaxing and taking it easy. A bunch of times throughout the last 3 months I tried to "start back up" and dedicate myself towards working on Captivity. This burst of motivation ended within 1 or 2 days, every time. So now I'm kinda stuck. Not sure what to do. Besides school and Captivity I also, obviously, have a life. I won't go into details but I also need to spend time on my own life. I love my game, I love almost everyone in the community. Please don't think I stopped working on the game because I don't care about it, or you. It's just very simple: It's hard for me to focus on Captivity right now. Not sure when this is going to change. School keeps going. Every time a semester finishes, a new one starts right back up with a ton of workload. I'm behind right now at multiple classes. I got deadlines to meet. Etc. etc. Don't worry about me though, I tend to pull through under stress.
-
And again, since they had to choose between Captivity and Real Life, the latter takes precedence, no question, full stop.
The modding scene is still pretty quiet, the discord chat filled with beginners being taught to mod, which suggests to me a cycle of people getting interested, discovering spaghetti, and quitting... but it isn't dead yet.

Reactions: Apice

Platinphoenixx

Jun 21, 2020
And again, since they had to choose between Captivity and Real Life, the latter takes precedence, no question, full stop.
The modding scene is still pretty quiet, the discord chat filled with beginners being taught to mod, which suggests to me a cycle of people getting interested, discovering spaghetti, and quitting... but it isn't dead yet.
Sounds good, you should really only work on it when you are motivated, this can take some time. Did you release the code, so that people can actually further develop this? Or do you plan on doing it?

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes