JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
I didn't think I'd ever write this on this forum ever, but people who rate this game bad due to difficulty need to git gud. I played v1.0.5 in hard difficulty and managed to complete most levels in 2-3 attempts. At first you get rekt hard but once you figure out the attacks of each enemies and how OP dash is the game becomes rather easy. Auto-mashing with space pretty much guarantees to escape during the first waves, and then you can buy high tier weapons and become unstoppable.

I mean I can understand that some people are less skilled but then just play in difficulty "Casual" or wait for gallery mode and don't rate the game negatively just because you're upset please. Some people enjoy challenging gameplay. Yes this game keeps trapping and fucking you, for a rape+horror game it perfectly fits the theme. I would even say it's too easy now that the dev has introduced auto mashing.

Perveloper

Nov 20, 2020
I didn't think I'd ever write this on this forum ever, but people who rate this game bad due to difficulty need to git gud. I played v1.0.5 in hard difficulty and managed to complete most levels in 2-3 attempts. At first you get rekt hard but once you figure out the attacks of each enemies and how OP dash is the game becomes rather easy. Auto-mashing with space pretty much guarantees to escape during the first waves, and then you can buy high tier weapons and become unstoppable.

I mean I can understand that some people are less skilled but then just play in difficulty "Casual" or wait for gallery mode and don't rate the game negatively just because you're upset please. Some people enjoy challenging gameplay. Yes this game keeps trapping and fucking you, for a rape+horror game it perfectly fits the theme. I would even say it's too easy now that the dev has introduced auto mashing.
I agree. I think people aren't playing the game enough. This game is incredibly easy for me right now. The only thing I can understand is sex escaping, as mashing is difficult for some people. But that has been adressed in v1.0.5

JebBush

Jun 12, 2017
I don't know how this hasn't been suggested yet, but please add in an easier way to switch weapons. Having to press a number and then click to switch weapons is really inconvenient in a fast paced game like this. If you can add in mousewheel support for weapon change or simply add in a "next weapon" rebindable key, that would make a huge difference. Just having a "previous weapon" button isn't enough when you can have more than 3 weapons at once. Anyways, incredible game!

Reactions: JoeTermin

maverih345456

Feb 27, 2018
So can anyone instruct me how to use the cheat engine to increase money and to make the character invincible and also a save file with everything unlock with the final ending? 1.jpg

Devildimos

Oct 20, 2019
I can't wait for an update to have enemies be able to gangbang. That will fit very nicely.
But instead having the gangbang start imminently. have it for every 5 waves an enemy can join in the sex. That will be interesting.

Mar 1, 2019
So can anyone instruct me how to use the cheat engine to increase money and to make the character invincible and also a save file with everything unlock with the final ending?
It doesn't look like you have Cheat Engine hooked onto the game. You need Click the little computer icon to the left of the folder icon in the top-left corner, then double-click on Captivity.exe in the new little window that pops up.

Edit: Also, wait until you're in the Prison Room before you hook Cheat Engine onto the game, otherwise you're very likely going to get a bunch of incorrect addresses.

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
I don't know how this hasn't been suggested yet, but please add in an easier way to switch weapons. Having to press a number and then click to switch weapons is really inconvenient in a fast paced game like this. If you can add in mousewheel support for weapon change or simply add in a "next weapon" rebindable key, that would make a huge difference. Just having a "previous weapon" button isn't enough when you can have more than 3 weapons at once. Anyways, incredible game!
You can press Q to switch between your 2 most recent weapons.

maverih345456

Feb 27, 2018
It doesn't look like you have Cheat Engine hooked onto the game. You need Click the little computer icon to the left of the folder icon in the top-left corner, then double-click on Captivity.exe in the new little window that pops up.

Edit: Also, wait until you're in the Prison Room before you hook Cheat Engine onto the game, otherwise you're very likely going to get a bunch of incorrect addresses.
Thanks now for the other one and that completed save file to reach to the final ending of the game

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
I agree. I think people aren't playing the game enough. This game is incredibly easy for me right now. The only thing I can understand is sex escaping, as mashing is difficult for some people. But that has been adressed in v1.0.5
Since you're reading this forum, there is just one thing that bothered me during gameplay and that I'd like to mention because I think as a developer you missed it and didn't approach it like a normal player would. It's that the game looks like a big grinding-fest at first (it's not, when you know how it works, but it looks like at first). It was still an excellent experience and I don't think it was too annoying, I'm just mentioning it for your future games:

1. Make it clear to the player that the progress is saved by leaving with Esc
  2. Make it clear that there is nothing much to unlock by grinding the levels for too long apart from a few cosmetics. . Since you developed the game, this is obvious for you, but when I played the 1st level, I played it until wave 30 or so, because I thought the game would tell me when to stop, or that eventually there would be a fight with some sort of boss in order to unlock other levels. Seeing achievements at waves 10,15,20 confirmed my impression that I was doing the normal thing when in reality I was just wasting my time.
  3. The waves difficulty increases too slowly after wave 10. If I make it to that point that means I can likely survive endlessly. Because of this it's very boring to farm the achievements, and added with the 1st problem that means a significant part of the time will be spent with the player grinding endless boring waves.

I don't know how you'd like the grinding to be, but I think wave 10 is a pretty good to point to tell the player that he has cleared the level and that from now on he's only continuing for minor achievements.

Example:
  • At wave 10: show "You've cleared the level ! Choice 1: go back to menu - Choice 2: continue (for achievements)"
  • At wave 20: show "You've completed all the wave achievements ! There's nothing left to unlock by doing more waves"
  • Make waves 11-20 really much more difficult, maybe even to the point that it becomes impossible after wave 25 or so. I think it's worse for the player to waste 10 waves and get bored rather than it would be to have him complain that the waves 15-20 are really difficult. These achievements only allow to unlock minor things anyway.

In the same spirit, the achievement "dodge 50 metroid balls" is terribly designed, since 50 is so high, to get the achievement the player will necessarily try to farm them by singling one enemy, but you've said it doesn't work, so player is going to grind for nothing. There might be other achievements like this.

Neverscored

Sep 23, 2017
Possible stages:

- Brothel with lots of lesbian play.
- Hell plane with succubi and flying imps and raging demon bulls and stuff
- Just saw a post somewhere about a hospital themed stage with nurses and docters and bonesaws and stuff and it seemed interesting
- Christmas themed stage. Maybe as a christmas release
- Military type stage, which could introduce a new game mechanic
- 80's style club stage with trance music, strobelights and horny possessed partygoers

I haven't really picked anything yet and it's possible something else all together gets made for the next stage but these are a couple of ideas
You dabbled with this in the troll and Freddy stage (sort of) but what about other NPC girls getting attacked? Maybe you can equip or defend them.

Mar 1, 2019
I'm still having problems getting the Hypnosis Experiment to trigger. I've done the requirements at least 10 times now. Doesn't matter if I use 15 unique Sqoids, farming off 1 Sqoid, or straight up using CE to set the value to 15 (I know I get the value correct as it stops at 15, stays at 15 in the Prison Room, then resets when going into one of the worlds), and I make sure to get 15 before Wave 10.

Is anyone else having issues getting Hypnosis to trigger for them in 1.0.5? I know I had issues with getting Dog Toy at first, but in 1.0.5 it gave it to me the first time around. I had this Experiment attained in 1.0.4, but it's not triggering in 1.0.5 for me now.

Perveloper

Nov 20, 2020
I'm still having problems getting the Hypnosis Experiment to trigger. I've done the requirements at least 10 times now. Doesn't matter if I use 15 unique Sqoids, farming off 1 Sqoid, or straight up using CE to set the value to 15 (I know I get the value correct as it stops at 15, stays at 15 in the Prison Room, then resets when going into one of the worlds), and I make sure to get 15 before Wave 10.

Is anyone else having issues getting Hypnosis to trigger for them in 1.0.5? I know I had issues with getting Dog Toy at first, but in 1.0.5 it gave it to me the first time around. I had this Experiment attained in 1.0.4, but it's not triggering in 1.0.5 for me now.
It could be bugged. Will check soon

quantequila

Aug 11, 2018
I have to say, I really like enemies that can capture the player and take you to some other area that you couldn't access otherwise to use your character as a cumdump. A perfect example is the Musca

Reactions: Nobuddy

5ra111

Sep 10, 2018
Heya! Have to say, thus far its been pretty awesome playing through your game. Kind of reminds me a lot of a certain game I would play back on Armor games, started out as a survival sim/tower defense sort of thing, before eventually evolving into a full on survival shooter/sidescroller rpg sort of thing. Almost makes me feel oddly nostalgic.

That being said, the cave and the jungle are definitely the most difficult ones from what I've noticed thus far, and honestly don't need much more tweaks then probably those two to make them pretty playable up to round 20 or so. Just messing around I managed to get to 10 on the cave, though have to admit the strategy before lights come on is mostly to dodge/jump around like a chicken with its head cut off.

The trapper is definitely the single most annoying enemy in the game just with how many do wind up on the ground. They aren't TOO hard to notice when you're keeping an eye out, but between rounds i found myself getting snagged way more than I liked. If you could find a way to honestly just make them disappear at the start of a new round, or at the end of one, I'd be happy enough with that, but lowering how many they set down would work as well.

If theres any real general game suggestions I could give, it'd probably just come down to unlockables, possibly giving powerups for some of the tougher ones to get, or even perhaps allowing us to unlock a starting gun of our choice, though that would simply be quality of life options more than anything for me, and I wouldn't necessarily think it'd be good to give access to any gun in that regard. As much as I love using them as well, the submachineguns seem to be by and far the best guns in the game, with rifles coming up in second mostly thanks to some of the later/more expensive variants just dealing crazy damage.

All in all though, absolutely love the game. Haven't tried the space stage just yet, but between the shack, and the FER stage I'm absolutely in love with it. The mix of enemies in particular within the FER level is pretty great, and the fox animatronic definitely gave me some good spooks when it first showed up. All in all though, definitely look forward to more and keep up the great work, its honestly pretty inspiring!
do you remember the name for that game? i remember i played something similar to that but cant remember the name

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017

Did you actually tick over to wave 10? Because the requirement isn't to do it before. It's to get to at least wave 10 AND get hypnotized 15 times.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes