Oct 18, 2019
When I run the game (Japanese locale) there is no text, just the opening scenes and where the first girl should clearly be talking but nothing comes up. Anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

Mr_Ecchi

Mar 12, 2019
When I run the game (Japanese locale) there is no text, just the opening scenes and where the first girl should clearly be talking but nothing comes up. Anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?
Do you have Japanese language pack installed on your computer? (Settings --> Time & Languages --> Language --> Add a Preferred Language)

My guess is the English fan patch can't translate the original Japanese text if your computer doesn't even recognize it exists

anybody else cant seem to get the animated scenes to play properly?
Maybe you're missing a specific Microsoft DirectX version or Microsoft Visual C++ version?

Oct 18, 2019
Do you have Japanese language pack installed on your computer? (Settings --> Time & Languages --> Language --> Add a Preferred Language)

My guess is the English fan patch can't translate the original Japanese text if your computer doesn't even recognize it exists

Maybe you're missing a specific Microsoft DirectX version or Microsoft Visual C++ version?
I installed the Japanese Language pack as you directed but it doesn't seem to have changed anything. Any other ideas? Thanks for the help.

Neckrotikal

May 15, 2019
Played through the game and saw how many scenes I missed. Used the walkthrough along each route.
I'm still missing 5 scenes. From left to right, I'm missing 4, 6, 10, 17, and 24.
Not sure how I could have missed and scenes, since I made a save at each choice and went both routes.
you may need to take several options in a row to get the scenes, least it's worked like that in lillith games before

Darkorius

Dec 25, 2017
I'm having this problem and don't know why, i'm using locale emulator and i try changing my region to Japan but it doesn't work.
There are more visual novels that i cant run and it doesn't matter if they are in japanese or english because there are others that i had play like "Venus blood"(that i download in this page) or "Kyonyuu Onna Senshi Dogeza Saimin “Chikushou…… Atashi wa Omae no Omoidoori ni Nanka, Naranai kara na……!"(that i download in other page)
Can someone help me?

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I'm having this problem and don't know why, i'm using locale emulator and i try changing my region to Japan but it doesn't work.
There are more visual novels that i cant run and it doesn't matter if they are in japanese or english because there are others that i had play like "Venus blood"(that i download in this page) or "Kyonyuu Onna Senshi Dogeza Saimin “Chikushou…… Atashi wa Omae no Omoidoori ni Nanka, Naranai kara na……!"(that i download in other page)
Can someone help me?
Well, it definitely doesn't help that you are trying to run them -I presume, from the screenshot- from the folder your torrent client has downloaded them to... As it tends to set everything there to the 'read-only' attribute, and heck, maybe you are still 'seeding' and then it is even less a wonder something effs up when you are trying to run the .exe file. It could also be that the files are simply buried too deep (like more than 256 characters for their path)...

So what I would do is copy the files to somewhere not too buried, like d:\games\steam\notreally\[game]\ or any such place xD, and try to run them from there. Also make sure their attributes (folders and files) are NOT set to read-only.

Also, as a sidenote, changing region to Japan doesn't do jackshit 99,9999% of the time; what you were/should have been trying to do is change SYSTEM LOCALE (so, NOT location/region...) to Japanese, which sets what language should your system be using when it encounters non-unicode programs (which Japanese h-games/VNs tend to be (like 100% of the time... xD)). Btw, that's exactly what Locale Emulator EMULATES.

Hope that helps.

Oct 18, 2019
Anyone know how to get the ending with all 4 girls? The pic of it is in the screenshots given on the 1st page of this thread but I've not been able to figure it out and even the walk through link given doesn't show how to get there. Cheers

AHentailurker

Oct 8, 2017
Can someone help me?
Okay, here's how I fixed it for venusbloodfrontier, didn't have the issue here.
Delete both the installation, and the save files. The saves for Venusblood are under documents, if not, or for other games, they're usually in appdata.
Install the game again, then save BEFORE changing any settings. Then I got a notification from my antivirus to make an exception for the game.
The problem for me was that my antivirus was blocking the game changing anything outside of it's own directory. If that was the first thing it changed, the antivirus asked to block, if not, it just blocked. Even declaring the game as an exception manually didn't change that.

Probably a really shitty solution, but it worked for me.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote