TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
the only thing im kinda bumbed about is that we arent getting a dss scene for the inquisitor. that was the only thing i really wanted out of ue4 before its last update. other then that i can be patient with unreal 5, a good portion of the map is done, most of what they're doing is just adding the content and fleshing everything out. do they plan on adding the characters from ue4 to ue5? id like to see a couple make a return.
From what they've said in prior announcements, most of the named characters from UE4 are planned for UE5 too. It's just that the region those characters are in is later in the game and they're currently focusing on the starting regions instead.

Apollo211

Mar 6, 2021
From what they've said in prior announcements, most of the named characters from UE4 are planned for UE5 too. It's just that the region those characters are in is later in the game and they're currently focusing on the starting regions instead.
In order for the history of Unreal engine version 4 to catch up at the current development pace, it will take at least 4 years. Or more...

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
In order for the history of Unreal engine version 4 to catch up at the current development pace, it will take at least 4 years. Or more...
What current development pace? We have nothing to estimate that for the moment since we haven't had a content-based update yet. We got the UE5 build followed by a few bugfix patches. The best we can do is make assumptions derived from how long it's been since they released the UE5 version, at least until we see how much content is in the first UE5 content update.

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
Going into an off-topic argument about UE5 is just begging for another swath of posts to vanish. Here's the short list and then you'll get nothing more from me on the UE5/UE4 thing:
  • The devs spent a year working on the UE5 build before releasing the first version, just like they did with the original UE4 builds.
  • Similar to the above, the UE5 build currently features about the same amount of content as the early UE4 builds, though it has far more in the way of mechanical features than the early UE4 builds had.
  • Team Carnal was very public about the UE5 build and the switch for the whole time it was a work in progress. The first announcement for it happened a year before we got it, back in July or so of 2022.
  • The developers opted to switch to UE5 for a variety of reasons, including UE5's development pipeline working better with their workflow and UE4 no longer receiving official support.
  • There are multiple features in UE5 that never existed in UE4, including vehicles, mounts, and pregnancy.
  • Every new build of this game has had a significant number of bugs, because team carnal isn't exactly the best about code logic and finding edge cases. That is true of both UE4 and UE5.
  • The UE4 build's features and mechanics were by and large a demo/testing area where you could just find and use things. In UE5, much of the game's content is actually earned by doing things ingame. This includes things that were previously accessible from the start, like the transformation system.
  • Currently the UE5 build has more explorable map than UE4 ever did, but it has fewer quests and very little in the way of sex scenes. The developers are in the process of fixing the latter by rolling out their dynamic sex system, but the current build does not have that yet.
  • The region and NPCs from the UE4 build are things the devs plan to bring back, but that area was evidently intended to be accessible mid-game and so we're currently locked to an entirely different portion of the map at the moment.
Oh wow, so like they didn't just switch to UE5 without any thought (like wildlife devs did, hence why current builds suck balls comapred to UE4), thanks for detailed explanation :)

Reactions: MrStal0ne

panaeon

Feb 3, 2023
View attachment 2980003

Hi All,

We're currently working toward the release of the Kravenrook update, though that hides a lot of the precursor work going on behind the scenes.

Roadmap

We've had a lot of requests for an updated roadmap. Whilst we do have an internal one, we're now working on the visuals for a new patron-facing roadmap - giving you an idea of what to expect and in what order.

Unreal Engine 5.3

Because we just love updating the engine so very much, we made the move to 5.3.

All joking aside, it brought through some major improvements we couldn't miss out on (mainly visual/performance improvements).

View attachment 2980002

Gameplay Overhaul

We felt that some of the gameplay was feeling a little flat so there are a whole host of new improvments that will ship with the Kravenrook update.

Minor elements such as immersive UI and damage numbers (toggle in menu) complement the new softlock system. We've also improved parrying and added dynamic camera effects to execution moves.

Animation/Mesh Upgrades

In preparation for DSS 2.0 we've upgraded our rig, enabling some better deformation out of the box. This new rig takes advantage of the new breast, butt, and tummy jiggle-bones. All of these bones are also enabled for dynamic jiggle effects in-game.

Additionally we're midway through the process of rebuilding the body morphs from the ground up. This cascades through to clothing and allows "underwear pulled to the side" during scenes, as well as many other essential improvements to our clothing system.

These improvements resolve the long-running issues with cocks not showing when clothing is equipped, and now full "packages" will be visible - bulging beneath any revealing clothing.

You can expect to see some more "dynamic" poses for scenes in future, including the one pictured below, and particular improvements to the scenes involving exotic NPCs (Naga/Centaur/etc).

View attachment 2980007

Solo Play

Along with the Kravenrook update we're adding the first set of "solo play" options. These enable players to 'keep the curse at bay', even if they don't feel like getting down to business with a partner. For now other NPCs won't react, though this won't the the case for long (I'm sure Damaris will be thrilled if you make a mess on the Taberna floor...).

These can be triggered anywhere in the world from a new radial menu, for all body types and for male and female genital options. PSA: The world carries on around you, jerk it at your own risk.

Toys will arrive in a subsequent update, allowing additional solo play options.

View attachment 2980011

Ambient 'Quickie' Scenes

To help flesh out the world - forgive the pun - we're in the process of implementing some flavour content that sits outside of DSS. This adult content can act as an introduction with some NPCs, but mainly it enables players to indulge in brief trysts. These "quickie" scenes will become available based on the players CI level, meaning that the greater your carnal knowledge, the more opportunities you find to use it.

Feedback

Around 1/3 of Mehden Island and 1/4 of Heifers Reach has been redesigned based on player feedback. There's now an introductory NPC that helps guide the player through part of the initial area, as well as all the new POI (point-of-interest) content to make the zone much richer.

Lovense

Exactly what the title suggests; we're in the process of integrating Lovense at the moment. It will drop along with DSS 2.0.

Patron Only 'Behind the Scenes'

The next patron-only post will delve into some of the new features questlines that are in-development, including The Gilded Fold (Slavers Questline), as well as a look at how the upcoming mechanics for capturing/selling NPCs for sale to the cabal (or in fact for your own purposes) will work.

Because of the "a bit of everything" nature of the groundwork at the moment, this post only covers a portion of what we've been cooking. We've used the increased time between updates to do an awful lot of housekeeping and cleaning up, fixing shedloads of minor development issues that could have become big problems over time.

Thank you for your support, and yes, we do intend "danger wank" to be an achievement eventually.

Team Carnal Instinct
I just tried the new UE4-Version last night and the male character still has the female moaning voice when getting it on with Nessus...kinda feels really "off" to me and reduces immersion a lot!

Reactions: Arwen Mays

Meklosias

Apr 27, 2018
So I was playing the "Liquid Gold" quest and I wanted to report and finish it but after saying that I found the centaur he answers with: Thats great news, where is he? Then I get kicked out of the dialogue and nothing happens. What to do now? :/

Julie44

Mar 10, 2023
i have never commented anything to any post here, but damn... this game its just so good, i played it jerking, but at each 5 minutes playing i need to stop and admire the grafics, or gameplay, ot content, or any surprising thing. congrats. totally reccomend. i downloaded to jerk off, and now i am admiring this art

Abuzze

Oct 22, 2020
Just tested it. So far this game has THE best 3d open-world hack-and-slash gameplay. People complain about having to run for miles, but I've done all the quests and never seen distances over 500-600metres MAXIMUM between objectives. Then there is fast travel etc.

However, when I tried to see what animations are available, there was only one for humanoid x humanoid female protag - the cowgirl position.

Is that it? Or do we eed to grind the carnal instinct points to unlock more?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Just tested it. So far this game has THE best 3d open-world hack-and-slash gameplay. People complain about having to run for miles, but I've done all the quests and never seen distances over 500-600metres MAXIMUM between objectives. Then there is fast travel etc.

However, when I tried to see what animations are available, there was only one for humanoid x humanoid female protag - the cowgirl position.

Is that it? Or do we eed to grind the carnal instinct points to unlock more?
There's quite a few animations available in the older UE4 version, but the UE5 version is very limited at the moment, since it hasn't seen any content updates yet.

Abuzze

Oct 22, 2020
There's quite a few animations available in the older UE4 version, but the UE5 version is very limited at the moment, since it hasn't seen any content updates yet.
I'm playing the UE4 version 0.3.7.0. Is there a "change animation" button? Since no matter what kind of "Civilians" NPC the femProtag asks, it's always the cowgirl scene.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I'm playing the UE4 version 0.3.7.0. Is there a "change animation" button? Since no matter what kind of "Civilians" NPC the femProtag asks, it's always the cowgirl scene.
Oh, the random NPCs will always have the same DSS scene. If you want a different scene, grab a different NPC. And there are only a couple of scenes for DSS to pick from. Most scenes in UE5 are with specific NPCs around the map rather than part of DSS.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
this game is so boring, how do you even play it. Every quest makes you run a thousand miles somewhere
Yeah, the UE5 version is more a proof of concept. The UE4 version has more content but stopped development in favor of the UE5 version. Really you can say Skyrim has the same problem but randomly spawning enemies and events are more common there. The devs of Carnal Instinct should consider more spontaneity in later builds.

A nice game but far from complete. Try it then wait a year.

Reactions: lo0u

Abuzze

Oct 22, 2020
Oh, the random NPCs will always have the same DSS scene. If you want a different scene, grab a different NPC. And there are only a couple of scenes for DSS to pick from. Most scenes in UE5 are with specific NPCs around the map rather than part of DSS.
Thank you. Is there a scene list available somewhere? Or any way to spawn different NPCs to see what's in the game in terms of sex scenes?

Abuzze

Oct 22, 2020
Thank you. Is there a scene list available somewhere? Or any way to spawn different NPCs to see what's in the game in terms of sex scenes?
Nevermind, found the scene list. Underwhelming. Not sure why devs add so little with top-notch assets that use the same body type and (likely) rigging.

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes