4.40 star(s) 39 Votes

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020
Sorry about that.
You're not the first one to voice frustration with those dutch angles.

I learned more with time and started toning down with them in the latest updates.

I agree that I overdid with them in the first days. Even though my focus is on creating new content, I'm still dedicating some time to fixing the early renders to reduce the amount of dutch angles.

Here are a couple of examples of fixes for chapter 1 so far:

View attachment 1352710

View attachment 1352713

View attachment 1352714

So yeah, sorry... I'm fixing that
No need to apologize. It's easy to do normal. You have not been afraid to be different and I like that. A few creative camera angles is a nice touch.

Ven95

Jul 13, 2021
I'm a fan of the bush removal, not a fan of high heels at all, maybe we get a "no heels" option too? (one can dream, but I think that's a little to specific).

About the dutch angles, while they didn't really bother me, I think the new versions look better. Don't want to recreate Battlefield Earth right?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sakrilas

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Played latest update & thought it was great. Erotic photoshoot with a beautiful girl in make-up, shy but committed to sexy poses.....excellent. Decided to go with the shaving, as I've said before I like natural hair but I also like smoothness, i.e. variety. High heels are a must for those stunning legs. This game is maintaining a high standard.

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Patreon Poster Event #3

Patrons ask for any scenario at all involving the characters of the game, and I turn the most voted ones into Full HD renders.

The request was:
"Sex-shop. Casey nude or in slutty nothing-to-hide wear bent over on all fours surrounded by the strangers. Phoebe puts butt-plug into Casey's ass."

poster-event-3-sex-shop_a.png

poster-event-3-sex-shop_b.png

poster-event-3-sex-shop_c.png

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Is it just me, or does that pussy look like it just took a pounding from a horse? My god, that pussy is so wrecked, you'd need a twelve inch circumference just to brush the walls...at least it would appear her blackmailer finally gets bored with pussy pictures and public nudity.

Reactions: Jeffryman

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I believe "Вернись в оффлайн" is not a proper translation of "Take your clothes off".
Oops! Thanks for the heads up!

I brought that to the attention of our Russian translators. They fixed it now.

We're not sure why that error happened. Thanks for pointing that out <3.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Sorry about that.
You're not the first one to voice frustration with those dutch angles.

I learned more with time and started toning down with them in the latest updates.

I agree that I overdid with them in the first days. Even though my focus is on creating new content, I'm still dedicating some time to fixing the early renders to reduce the amount of dutch angles.

Here are a couple of examples of fixes for chapter 1 so far:

View attachment 1352710

View attachment 1352713

View attachment 1352714

So yeah, sorry... I'm fixing that
Don't be. People have different tastes and I for one only see one of the above changes as an improvement. The shot of Amelia moved from 3/4 to 1/2 headshot shifting viewer focus from her chest to her neckline and in turn her face, which is fantastic. In the first shot the dutch angle adds dynamic and helps convey momentum. In the last one it aids in separating fore- from background while putting emphasis on Casey. The way I see it, you used them very well.

Mr.CAI

May 31, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I believe "Вернись в оффлайн" is not a proper translation of "Take your clothes off".
My fault. Fixed. Thanks for the heads up! Feel free for DM me if You find problems with the Russian translation.

-- In Russian --
Мой косяк, исправил. Спасибо за сообщение! Если обнаружатся ещё косяки в русском переводе, можно отправить сообщение о них мне.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sakrilas

r34X

Jan 2, 2019
Don't be. People have different tastes and I for one only see one of the above changes as an improvement. The shot of Amelia moved from 3/4 to 1/2 headshot shifting viewer focus from her chest to her neckline and in turn her face, which is fantastic. In the first shot the dutch angle adds dynamic and helps convey momentum. In the last one it aids in separating fore- from background while putting emphasis on Casey. The way I see it, you used them very well.
Couldn't agree more. Don't let the tail wag the dog. Be it dutch angles or any other technique you want to use... If it is the style you want, don't second guess yourself every time 3-4 vocal people on the internet say something, it's a recipe for disaster.

So many times on F95 and tons of other sites where people share their creative work, a tiny group of users pile on about this feature or that which they do not like, and in the end when creators kneel we often wind up with a homogenized, bland pile of drivel. Never be afraid to stick to your guns.

If however, you learn things that you like better as the author, then go for it. Personally I find no intrensic problem with dutch angles (some games and comics use them exceedingly well), but I do think some of those updates are an improvement. But being a 16:9 format where often times 2/3's of the screen is gap fillers, while just 1/3 is actual character art, remember to follow your eye and not worry so much what 2-8 people from F95 or Patreon or wherever who do nothing but bitch will say.

If people have a problem with you and Velcros creative choices, they can get fucking bent.

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Couldn't agree more. Don't let the tail wag the dog. Be it dutch angles or any other technique you want to use... If it is the style you want, don't second guess yourself every time 3-4 vocal people on the internet say something, it's a recipe for disaster.

Hi there r34x,

Thanks for the support.
I see what you and Hordragg are saying.

I am trying to be careful with this, because I definitely believe it's impossible to please everyone, and attempting to do so will yield in a very bland game. So, yeah, I 100% agree that we shouldn't be following every suggestion given.

With that said though, after I read those comments I decided to sit down and look over our past renders. After some careful consideration, I came to the realization that I was indeed overdoing with the Dutch Angles. I was using them as a tool to fit more elements to the render, instead of a tool to portray a feeling.

I am still keeping dutch angles in some scenes, specially the ones that I want to send a message of distress and uneasiness; and I think that by reducing the frequency of them, I started bringing more meaning to the cases where I used them. So, in this case, the feedback I've got over these past few have been key to me improving as a render artist.

Realizing what is constructive criticism and what isn't is still super tough for me, specially because I'm still new to this idea of putting work out here in the internet for everyone to see. There are still a lot of things I don't know about rendering, and I'm always afraid of being too stubborn or close minded to ideas that could, in fact, help me grow.

Sorry, I'm starting to ramble now. But yeah, I just wanted to say that I do take your comment to heart, and I really appreciate the supportive gesture. But in the case of the dutch angles, I appreciated the comments of those that said I was overdoing with them since, in that case, I really believe that they were constructive criticism.

I am certainly hoping to always have my own personal style / touch in any of my works.

Last edited:

r34X

Jan 2, 2019
Well tbh the reason I posted was more about the pubes and seeing that whole thing going down as it did... Being familiar with Velcro's original story I knew the whole depilation thing was coming up. Some people were raving about how wonderful the pubes were in the early days of the game, and I laughed and thought 'this should be amusing'.

Then the game was split into branches to accomodate the people who freaked out about the hair removal, which I can only imagine how much work that added. I mean, I get what that is all about for them, but to me it is just compromising and pandering to a vocal minority that went apeshit over the source material.

Just stay aware as I am sure you are that the tail wagging the dog will lead to a whole lot of extra work, slowdowns in progress (Sam and 12 other people are upset X happened in the source material... so since they are such loudmouths about it, we'll split the routes of the game on a fundamental level so we have to do a whole new layer of renders from this point forward to appease him), homogenization, and tons of headache.

I guess the bottom line is, most times it is easy to spot the difference between art driven by the artist's vision, and art created to appease as many people as possible.

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes