4.40 star(s) 39 Votes

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
Well tbh the reason I posted was more about the pubes and seeing that whole thing going down as it did... Being familiar with Velcro's original story I knew the whole depilation thing was coming up. Some people were raving about how wonderful the pubes were in the early days of the game, and I laughed and thought 'this should be amusing'.

Then the game was split into branches to accomodate the people who freaked out about the hair removal, which I can only imagine how much work that added. I mean, I get what that is all about for them, but to me it is just compromising and pandering to a vocal minority that went apeshit over the source material.

Just stay aware as I am sure you are that the tail wagging the dog will lead to a whole lot of extra work, slowdowns in progress (Sam and 12 other people are upset X happened in the source material... so since they are such loudmouths about it, we'll split the routes of the game on a fundamental level so we have to do a whole new layer of renders from this point forward to appease him), homogenization, and tons of headache.

I guess the bottom line is, most times it is easy to spot the difference between art driven by the artist's vision, and art created to appease as many people as possible.
And obviously the extra work slows down the story progression for the rest of us who are happy to go with the authors vision of the story, I rarely comment because it is not my stoy to write just mine to borrow and read. Cheers All

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, right, I see what you're saying.

We already had plans of exploring different possibilities/realities in the game based on the player's decision.
Part of the fun we're having as we build the game is on coming up with these "what-if" scenarios. For example, on the very first release, we already had a "what if Casey called out on the blackmailer's bluff?" branch.

Adding these extra branches definitely slow the progress on the "canon"/"VelcroFist's Literotica original" branch, but this was not something that was added because of player feedback, but rather, this was a decision we made very early in production.

Reactions: Campfire84 and r34X

VelcroFist

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2021
Then the game was split into branches to accomodate the people who freaked out about the hair removal, which I can only imagine how much work that added. I mean, I get what that is all about for them, but to me it is just compromising and pandering to a vocal minority that went apeshit over the source material.
Actually, we decided early on that this would have different paths players could choose rather than just a VN. That was exciting for me because there were a lot of things I wanted to include in the original story which I couldn't fit into the plot, and also different directions I wanted the story to go but I had to choose only one. Now I can do it all. :)

In the case of keeping the pubes, we already had a particular branch planned where this would fit nicely and also add a bit of variety in how Casey looks. It was simply a matter of deciding where that branch could take off from and making a few adjustments. Now that I've got that all figured out, I think it's going to be pretty cool.

As with all things, I like listening to different ideas but I'll only take them on board if I like them, and even then I may only use part of the idea. I wouldn't have done this one if I didn't like it. I know I'll never please everyone, and a big part of why I wrote this story was to fill a particular niche that isn't all that popular, so I know plenty of people wouldn't like it and/or wouldn't be turned on by it. The main factor in this idea wasn't so much about showing her with pubes, but more in what would happen if Casey refused to shave when Mark asked her to do it. Could it be something that would make her whole life turn out differently? Maybe better? Maybe a lot worse? ;)

It is true that the task in front of us is probably at least three times bigger than the original story now. There's a mountain of writing to be done in front of me, and hundreds of extra images we'll need, but I think it'll be worth it in the end. No more new paths from here though, but if someone gives me an idea, I might still find a way to work it into something already planned. ;)

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
Adding choices and variety looks to make the VN feel more like a game might seem like a good idea, but careful with adding choices (like snatch hair /no snatch hair) that result in parallel branchings. Have a clear plan for all types of branchings or end them quickly with good/bad ends for example. Otherwise the different branchings will just pile on and take more work to maintain.

Last edited:

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
Adding choices and variety looks to make the VN feel more like a game might seem like a good idea, but careful with adding choices that result in parallel branchings. Have a clear plan for all types of branchings or end them quickly with good/bad ends for example. Otherwise the different branchings will just pile on and take more work to maintain.
And becomes worse than sandbox confusing trying to explore each path because we are all nosey wanting to know what we have missed

VelcroFist

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2021
Adding choices and variety looks to make the VN feel more like a game might seem like a good idea, but careful with adding choices (like snatch hair /no snatch hair) that result in parallel branchings.
Indeed. Suffice to say that these other branches will have completely different storylines and lead to different endings, but there will be some crossovers. She can't easily get out of her contract with Mark for example, so that might still be present. However, what she does during the photoshoots might vary depending on her different circumstances, or the focus of the branch will be more on other stuff going on.

Reactions: Sakrilas

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Indeed. Suffice to say that these other branches will have completely different storylines and lead to different endings, but there will be some crossovers. She can't easily get out of her contract with Mark for example, so that might still be present. However, what she does during the photoshoots might vary depending on her different circumstances, or the focus of the branch will be more on other stuff going on.
I think that you've laid the groundwork well enough that the player knows that shave/don't shave is more than a cosmetic decision for Casey.

Are you using hidden stats to drive the branches, or is it more a gated "did it/didn't do it" division of branches (if you want to reveal that)?

Reactions: VelcroFist

VelcroFist

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2021
Are you using hidden stats to drive the branches, or is it more a gated "did it/didn't do it" division of branches (if you want to reveal that)?
I'm trying to make it all decisions that Casey makes, so the player will choose the direction of the story. There will be some exceptions to that though. One major one in particular where the player will decide the outcome of an event which Casey has almost no control over. Let's just say there might be a situation where 4 possible people may be present and capable of stepping up. While Casey's earlier choices will determine which of those people will be present, it'll be up to the player to decide which one will step forward, and that will take the story in a different direction.

One issue is that it won't be obvious to the player where some decisions might lead, so I'd recommend saving each decision point so you can go back and play the other branch. ;)

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
I think that you've laid the groundwork well enough that the player knows that shave/don't shave is more than a cosmetic decision for Casey.

And becomes worse than sandbox confusing trying to explore each path because we are all nosey wanting to know what we have missed
Adding to Velcro's response... another thing we have included in the game is the Gallery Screen where we explain how to unlock events the player hasn't seen yet.

So even though some of the player choices will lead to not obvious consequences, the player can always check the Gallery for tips, if they do desire to see all possible events.

Bubaa

Oct 6, 2017
Wooow first Casey looks really naturally. I love it. It would be amazing if it could be applied to all characters, on the other hand I'm afraid it would take additional time to see next chapters ;-)

Random post, but I used AI to make "real life" portraits of characters from the game.

It's pretty cool. It's a bit hit or miss. I'm pretty happy with Amelia and Casey in this.

View attachment 1391399
View attachment 1391401
View attachment 1391402
View attachment 1391403

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sakrilas

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
Is the update today?
The game will be out this Friday, Sept 17th ;)

As a rule of thumb, expect releases every middle-of-the-month-Fridays.

Wooow first Casey looks really naturally. I love it. It would be amazing if it could be applied to all characters, on the other hand I'm afraid it would take additional time to see next chapters ;-)
The machine learning model is a bit of hit or miss.

It doesn't take much work to get these done, so I don't mind sharing a few more.

Here are some more pics.

Phoebe
1631590962969.png

Jolene

1631592127237.png

Cass (take 2)

1631592687501.png

Gillian

1631592949854.png

PS:
The AI really has a hard time converting Gillian into a real life portrait
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
1631835979565.png

Hi there!

As usual, we aim our releases to a Friday at the middle of the month, and thankfully things went all according to plan.

Here's the latest release of Casey's Fall (v2021-09).

Remember to check the Gallery Menu in-game to see if there are any events you might have missed.

We hope you'll enjoy the game!

Here are the links:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Huge thanks to you Patrons for making this possible <3

Sincerely,
Sakrilas

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
I only played the first release, so I'd ask if anything been added in terms of adult content, esp. femdom?

Orichan

Sep 6, 2017
I appreciate the French translation. Thank you

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll play it in English. In my native language I notice bad writing very easily and it just annoys me(it's not terrible, but it's not good either. However, I guess I have high standards when it comes to my native language). I stopped after like 4 lines lol, I hope you didn't pay someone for this translation.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021
I appreciate the French translation. Thank you

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll play it in English. In my native language I notice bad writing very easily and it just annoys me(it's not terrible, but it's not good either. However, I guess I have high standards when it comes to my native language). I stopped after like 4 lines lol, I hope you didn't pay someone for this translation.
It is my general opinion that you should always read an author in his native language if you can. Sadly I know no French so I have to read Hugo, Dumas, Leroux, etc. in translation, but I wish I didn't have to.

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes