Black Xoul

Apr 5, 2018
Got Bugs in the computer and trying to network View attachment 2473862
Makeshift fix here/ also added cheat code in the start enter cheat
( one thing to note : most image are not in the pic file so they will be blank. do note that this latest ver is in ALPHA before it was released.)
oh btw perks are at level 4 max (elite) over that, no use. while playing it will be rest as the game progress but we can always cheat back up to perk4

Reactions: Thesla and CharleyT

RyuseiZED

Jul 30, 2018
oh its good see an update of this game, but uhm i would like to ask if you arent gonna to update the version at moponga too?

PTSdev

Oct 21, 2019
Twine isn't a programming language, its basically a html scripting program. The things you may learn while working with it, such as html tags, css, and javascript, are very much relevant to web page design.

Think of it like Rpgmaker. It isn't directly useful for making modern games, but some of the things you learn while using that engine in the process of making a good rpgmaker game are universally applicable to game design.
Yeah, I've worked with SugarCube a lot in the past few years and it honestly taught me many things about game design, while being easy to handle as a scripting tool. I'm not interested in 3D art / graphics when it comes to developing my own games, I'm more of a mechanics guy. And SugarCube really allows you to experiment with game mechanics without being overwhelming like the "real" game engines.

I can definitely see how creating a complex project in Sugarcube/Twine could help you in getting a job in the real world - but only if you really put in some work to actually go beyond the basic capabilities of the engine. Otherwise, it's a little bit too simplistic, especially if you just create a bunch of interlinked passages with a few random images thrown onto them.

4.70 star(s) 80 Votes