VN Ren'Py Abandoned Chains of Pleasure [Ch. 4] [ShuttleCockGames]

4.40 star(s) 32 Votes

Phanex

under a black flag we shall sail
Mar 16, 2020
I don't know how many times this needs saying but you can't just take someone else's work.

You can do a spin off like the Big Brother clones but unless the dev gives permission you can't just take his shit and make it yours, that isn't how it works.
lmao

Reactions: ninjarook

kosoyey

Sep 13, 2019
What an AWESOME game this is. It's original, unique in so many ways. And the way he manage Jody's skin, expressions, eyes... How did the author even manage to make the skins look so natural? Most modern VNs have well more detailed skin textures but they look too shiny, too artificial. This one has that "dirty, aged" look on the skins that makes it so real.

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
To be fair, so far there are ~75000 to 80000 cases of Coronavirus in a county of 1.3 Billion people. As such, the probability that this happened now (let alone several days ago) to someone in his close family (10 members) is 0.06%.

I think we can safely say this is not the case.
Depends on where they were travelling to - could have been going to a hot spot, could have been caught in lockdowns.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I don't know how many times this needs saying but you can't just take someone else's work.

You can do a spin off like the Big Brother clones but unless the dev gives permission you can't just take his shit and make it yours, that isn't how it works.
M8 all those big brother clones suck ass, everyone knows it is big brother with big brother copy/paste everything, the only difference ? Name change of the game and maybe the engine and everything being all over the place but pretty much SAME story.
I say sometimes people actually need to fucking actually grab something while it's hot and continue where the person who abandoned left off if they think or know they can stick the the same quality. To me the Dev's of any game on here have zero copy right to anything they made because I doubt most of the assets they use have been paid for or fully paid for and therefor if they abandon the project and erase their tracks from the planet shit becomes "free real estate". And if whoever picked it up make success with it or a bigger success even and the original dev comes back crying about it, then it is their own damn fault.They can happily come over and complain about it. All that would need to be done by the one that picks it up is change the name and give a middle finger.

Ill give an example, someone decided to pick up Wifey's Dilemma because there was plenty of interest in that game even though no one in their right mind trusts the original dev, Yet when someone decided to continue his work, Low and behold who shows up and finishes Katie's Corruption ? well... "finish" not exactly something I would call it, more like a rushed off update. But the point being, The guy who was picking it up out of respect for the original creators return decided to work on his own game inspired by that which he was picking up and also because people suggested such to avoid crying from said "free real estate".

PS: let's be clear here, not saying that all dev's don't pay for their assets, pretty sure there are some out there that do but the fact that I see some of these recurring models and such which (btw here on THIS site alone you can find plenty assets to download and work with for free) gives me enough of an idea that not everything has been paid for or bought.

Reactions: Toweke and cebs

Morgoth666

Mar 26, 2018
have zero copy right to anything they made
They have copyright, and rightly so - Copyright is a type of intellectual property that gives its owner the exclusive right to make copies of a creative work, usually for a limited time. The creative work may be in a literary, artistic, educational, or musical form. Copyright is intended to protect the original expression of an idea in the form of a creative work, but not the idea itself.

So you can make a roughly similar game, no problem with that, but you can't take a game and steal it from scartch from his original creator (aaah the irony... talking about copyright on a pirate site... :sneaky:)

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
They have copyright, and rightly so - Copyright is a type of intellectual property that gives its owner the exclusive right to make copies of a creative work, usually for a limited time. The creative work may be in a literary, artistic, educational, or musical form. Copyright is intended to protect the original expression of an idea in the form of a creative work, but not the idea itself.

So you can make a roughly similar game, no problem with that, but you can't take a game and steal it from scartch from his original creator (aaah the irony... talking about copyright on a pirate site... :sneaky:)
I prefer calling it a sharing site, more like in sense of back when someone had say a sega genesis and another had the super nintendo and you lend each other your consoles and games to be able to play it that way, or if you had the same console you borrowed one another game as to play it. But yeah back to copyright, so iirc for a copyright to work, should they not register for it to take an effect ? Also to simplify another question, so lets say this creator claims copyright without having registered it and yet is using stolen assets to have created it, how well would said copyright work in his/her favor? Idea or not he is using stolen assets to create something and someone else taking over his work without his permission is pretty much doing the same thing.
So how effective will that copyright be for either of em?

Is me asking a legitimate question because in all honesty I don't see how someone using assets they never paid for to create something and then abandoning has any claim on anything. So hence why I would like to know how much of a claim he has, because honestly the models he has used have been used before by other people so how much claim does he even have ? because I don't think there is a single model he has used that is edited or custom made by this creator. Again I am wanting a legit explanation as to why and how he can call a claim on something while everything he is using prob is not paid for.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I prefer calling it a sharing site, more like in sense of back when someone had say a sega genesis and another had the super nintendo and you lend each other your consoles and games to be able to play it that way, or if you had the same console you borrowed one another game as to play it. But yeah back to copyright, so iirc for a copyright to work, should they not register for it to take an effect ? Also to simplify another question, so lets say this creator claims copyright without having registered it and yet is using stolen assets to have created it, how well would said copyright work in his/her favor? Idea or not he is using stolen assets to create something and someone else taking over his work without his permission is pretty much doing the same thing.
So how effective will that copyright be for either of em?

Is me asking a legitimate question because in all honesty I don't see how someone using assets they never paid for to create something and then abandoning has any claim on anything. So hence why I would like to know how much of a claim he has, because honestly the models he has used have been used before by other people so how much claim does he even have ? because I don't think there is a single model he has used that is edited or custom made by this creator. Again I am wanting a legit explanation as to why and how he can call a claim on something while everything he is using prob is not paid for.
They created the story so they still have claim over it, assets or not.

You are more than free to use the assets but the story belongs to them so as long as you change everything they have no say.

Reallycoolhat

Jun 23, 2017
know it's abandoned but how much is actually in this i'd still be willing to play if it has a decent amount of content

4.40 star(s) 32 Votes