VN Ren'Py Abandoned Chains of Pleasure [Ch. 4] [ShuttleCockGames]

4.40 star(s) 32 Votes

kosoyey

Sep 13, 2019
PS: let's be clear here, not saying that all dev's don't pay for their assets, pretty sure there are some out there that do but the fact that I see some of these recurring models and such which (btw here on THIS site alone you can find plenty assets to download and work with for free) gives me enough of an idea that not everything has been paid for or bought.
I am struggling to buy all the assets needed to even create a short VN. So far I am down some hundreds dollars and I still miss 80% of the stuff I need to create the intro to a VN I want to make. Imagine paying everything for a full blown, complex VN like those we love so much.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
This is one of the stranger cases. Usually there are tell tale signs - longer and longer delays between updates, less communicative dev, thread descending into a bit of a shit show etc. - leading up to a game being abandoned. This had none of that. It was getting fast updates, it was getting good reviews and good comments, the dev was active and he was gaining patreons. Then from one day to the next he just deleted his Patreon and vanished completely.

It's like the one of those Mary Celeste/Flannen Island mysteries, the coffee is still hot but there's nobody to be found...:p

This is only the 5th game that I've moved to my Abandoned Folder (as opposed to getting deleted immediately once it got the tag.) Three of the former residents actually made it out again - Katie's Corruption, the Manifest (got a remaster) and Love & Submission - so let's see if it gets lucky, or will continue to sit beside My Sweet Neighbors until this PC gets junked. :D

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
I am struggling to buy all the assets needed to even create a short VN. So far I am down some hundreds dollars and I still miss 80% of the stuff I need to create the intro to a VN I want to make. Imagine paying everything for a full blown, complex VN like those we love so much.
Exactly my point. Also on a different side note someone else also had a thing to say about copyright seems that trying to pull something on someone taking over his project without the devs permission not much he can do as because if it is based on the "idea" alone and "story" alone then battle royal games would all be a shit show with law suits. Another point it brings forth is, How much balls would someone using assets they got for free to create a game or story needs to have. Not to mention the possible backfire he will be getting from it, not talking about community backfire but it would bring forth to light on how they both made money from "free" assets and what is to stopping the creators from them getting notified and fuck them both over.

Assets are expensive even the simple basic ones. I already had an idea that getting a lot of that would cost a fortune. So based on that fact alone I doubt anyone has enough to money to have all the assets bought and then the stuff needed to edit and rework those said assets and not to mention wanting to have top of the notch hardware to make and render stuff and if you have a big project that you have a few people working so everyone get's paid that is another added cost.

Which was what I was trying to say in the whole thread.And you confirming on the costs proves a lot too.

Anyways I hope things work out for your short VN game and hoping to see some of it soon.
Good luck with it and best of all make sure to have fun making it ;)

kosoyey

Sep 13, 2019
Assets are expensive even the simple basic ones. I already had an idea that getting a lot of that would cost a fortune. So based on that fact alone I doubt anyone has enough to money to have all the assets bought and then the stuff needed to edit and rework those said assets and not to mention wanting to have top of the notch hardware to make and render stuff and if you have a big project that you have a few people working so everyone get's paid that is another added cost.

Which was what I was trying to say in the whole thread.And you confirming on the costs proves a lot too.

Anyways I hope things work out for your short VN game and hoping to see some of it soon.
Good luck with it and best of all make sure to have fun making it ;)
Yes, and there's something that most people don't know: assets with a good amount of quality, morph "knobs" etc. are usually made as a "pillar". For example, "Victoria", "Alexandra" - some of the characters you see in 90% of the VNs, are:

• super-premium priced at $40+ each.
  • they have several "almost required" addons, to the point you usually end up purchasing the "pro" version: "Victoria 8 pro bundle", "Alexandra 8 pro bundle" and so on. Price: $134!!
  • the HD model is not included, even in the pro bundle! That's another $39.95 to add on top of the above!
  • if you want to use any kind of adult pose / morph etc. or even just to add realistic sexual organs, you are meant to shell more dozen dollars per each tiniest thing. Your character french kisses? Either spend hours to no end or pay for the relevant pose. Your MC cums? Either you photoshop it (takes a LOT and usually looks BAD, see the early VNs) or you buy the relevant cum prop. Nowdays photoshopping is not even an option any more, because people demand animations for sex scenes and you are not going to be able to photoshop 20-30 frames adding "liquids". You'd take way too much time, you are not going to ever recover for the costs.
  • all of this before even talking about the "scenery" or forniture or even hairs! Houses, castles, sofas, skirts and even the most modest hairs all require a purchase. Yes, they are not going to give you even basic hairs when you shell $30-$40 for a character / model (some do get that, but it's not the norm).

Last but not least, most adult VN creators start as individuals. I can deduct costs from my company income taxes, but most VN creators can't even do that.

bledheart

Apr 21, 2020
Why is this abandoned? damn, it wasn't the best, but I was really looking forward to have the full story. It was just getting interesting at the end of chapter 4.

Reactions: BlaZeR4fun

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
Can't remember if i've written this or not but whatevers...

Love the game, and tbh, one of my first feelings on it is "this is a serious and darker version of 'Solvalley School' with the basic theme of.... my dick is big, and you'll fall in love with me because of it.'"

Reactions: BlaZeR4fun

Turner9

Feb 2, 2020
Gee why in the world would this person abandon this project? I've seen allot of games out there, and this one had a great story line, good feel of consequences and different path angles. Seem even better than the TAC12 which really says something.

I hope the developer is okay.

khahan

Jun 21, 2018
NOooooo. Just noticed this was abandoned. It was a fun, interesting and great game. Sad to see it go.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
this was a very enjoyable game...wish there was going to be an updated version BUT having the abandoned tag doesnt seem like thats going to happen....ahhh well :D

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
was fucking around and i got it guys !!!
JodyTrust=100 so on and so on like that

Last edited:

Jacky Bruce

Aug 12, 2017
Wow , Nice game , this one .
Sad its abandoned , really like to know how it all goes to work out !!! Really nice story with all the scenes , plus no vids , but really cool playing it.

Hoping to get it all resume again for the next chapter.

4.40 star(s) 32 Votes