ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
Hi guys, I’ll update you on the situation. This post will be put everywhere.
I’m going to make a speech as a person and not as a developer, I might be unprofessional or something like that.
Yesterday I said that for now, I had to stop 0.30, this is because today I find myself hospitalized.
I’d rather avoid the details, I had my PC brought so I can write this stuff; I don’t like to write from the smartphone version of Discord or any other forum.
I’m warning you to understand why I can’t release new content for the moment, and it seems to be correct as a developer to tell you this rather than being silent.
Since we’re here, I’d like to take an outside look at the game and the entire ecosystem around it.
What I’m going to say may sound stupid, maybe also because I have a high fever and my sense of reasoning is not the best, I might as well get rid of the whole message when I can better connect the synapses.
In what condition is Champion? Decent, not the best, not the worst.
Why do I think this way? I think the interest in the game is fading. Maybe it’s caused by me, maybe it’s caused by the updates, or maybe it’s caused by the surrounding ecosystem.
The game has been around for 6 months, but there seems to be something that I don’t understand at the moment, that doesn’t allow it to spread or to be talked about.
For example, there are forums where Champion’s discussions are around 50/60 pages, while other younger games there are over 200 pages. Same for Discord, where the most active channel is the meme channel. I know you could say that’s normal, but finding me 500 messages and even more of all the servers, then there’s something wrong with ours.
So what did I do wrong? Maybe, the game was in this situation from the beginning, with the old team leaving the project or the fact that the game has always been attacked by toxic fandom or other elements.
Maybe, the solution would have been to change the name of the team and the game, to avoid problems.
As for these “attacks”, from now on, I will solve the problem in two ways: the first will be to ignore idiotic stuff, the second will be to go to the source of the problem.
You could say, “There’s no point in complaining if you want to make the game grow, make it speak for you.
This is correct, but the problem is when even you cannot do it because of people’s stubbornness.
Many times I have found people who avoided the game for all sorts of reasons and then after trying it they realized that it was good, but at the moment there are few, but I can imagine that there are many others.
You could say: “do more.”
I’ve been doing it for a while now, I stopped following the goals I had set on Patreon and started putting in content that wasn’t supposed to be there, like or custom animation and other stuff. And let’s not even talk about the fact that scenes are not just "fast -> fast! -> finish!", but they are sequences of 10/15/20 videos, it’s already a lot of work, despite the resources I have.
Or: “You have to create interest”.
There are a lot of things you could discuss, I know of people who talk about dead characters or something like that every week. Also because I read things like: “Finally a nice update after 10 versions of useless plot” .....okay?
Also, the lack of review or feedback is a problem, I can’t understand what I need to do to improve further, and I’m not talking about the simple “the game is bad because I can’t repeat event x or y”.
I’ve always asked what was missing from the game to improve on quality, what the most famous games have, but I was never told what it was.
That’s why I made a decision: I decided that I will play every single “famous” game in existence (only KoiStyle) to finally understand what’s missing in the game, and once I’m done I’ll draw my conclusions. Some have been tried, some have not.
If I don’t understand anything, I think I’ll go crazy.
To this, I also add a list of the improvements already taken into consideration to improve the game:
improved navigation, more open
better dialogues with more interactions able to earn points, like a dating sim.
additional events to better explain what happens and the relationships of the characters.
hint improved that they tell you exactly what to do and where to go.
collectibles and secrets scattered around the world.
As for the version that was supposed to come out today, I decided to release a simple bugfix with some additions, such as the possibility to review all the old events, although I don’t see much use for it since the gallery exists.
Many polls will be made to better understand what to fix, mainly on the Discord server.
Also coming soon there’s a wallpaper for Halloween, another one and the special Halloween event.
Having said that I hope I haven’t offended anyone and you have understood the situation of my poor brain.
I would like to thank everyone who supports me and I hope I can understand something more from all this. I look forward to your thoughts on this.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
I’m going to make a speech as a person and not as a developer, I might be unprofessional or something like that.
Yesterday I said that for now, I had to stop 0.30, this is because today I find myself hospitalized.
I’d rather avoid the details, I had my PC brought so I can write this stuff; I don’t like to write from the smartphone version of Discord or any other forum.
I’m warning you to understand why I can’t release new content for the moment, and it seems to be correct as a developer to tell you this rather than being silent.
Since we’re here, I’d like to take an outside look at the game and the entire ecosystem around it.
What I’m going to say may sound stupid, maybe also because I have a high fever and my sense of reasoning is not the best, I might as well get rid of the whole message when I can better connect the synapses.
Why do I think this way? I think the interest in the game is fading. Maybe it’s caused by me, maybe it’s caused by the updates, or maybe it’s caused by the surrounding ecosystem.
The game has been around for 6 months, but there seems to be something that I don’t understand at the moment, that doesn’t allow it to spread or to be talked about.
For example, there are forums where Champion’s discussions are around 50/60 pages, while other younger games there are over 200 pages. Same for Discord, where the most active channel is the meme channel. I know you could say that’s normal, but finding me 500 messages and even more of all the servers, then there’s something wrong with ours.
So what did I do wrong? Maybe, the game was in this situation from the beginning, with the old team leaving the project or the fact that the game has always been attacked by toxic fandom or other elements.
Maybe, the solution would have been to change the name of the team and the game, to avoid problems.
As for these “attacks”, from now on, I will solve the problem in two ways: the first will be to ignore idiotic stuff, the second will be to go to the source of the problem.
You could say, “There’s no point in complaining if you want to make the game grow, make it speak for you.
This is correct, but the problem is when even you cannot do it because of people’s stubbornness.
Many times I have found people who avoided the game for all sorts of reasons and then after trying it they realized that it was good, but at the moment there are few, but I can imagine that there are many others.
I’ve been doing it for a while now, I stopped following the goals I had set on Patreon and started putting in content that wasn’t supposed to be there, like or custom animation and other stuff. And let’s not even talk about the fact that scenes are not just "fast -> fast! -> finish!", but they are sequences of 10/15/20 videos, it’s already a lot of work, despite the resources I have.
There are a lot of things you could discuss, I know of people who talk about dead characters or something like that every week. Also because I read things like: “Finally a nice update after 10 versions of useless plot” .....okay?
Also, the lack of review or feedback is a problem, I can’t understand what I need to do to improve further, and I’m not talking about the simple “the game is bad because I can’t repeat event x or y”.
I’ve always asked what was missing from the game to improve on quality, what the most famous games have, but I was never told what it was.
That’s why I made a decision: I decided that I will play every single “famous” game in existence (only KoiStyle) to finally understand what’s missing in the game, and once I’m done I’ll draw my conclusions. Some have been tried, some have not.
To this, I also add a list of the improvements already taken into consideration to improve the game:
additional events to better explain what happens and the relationships of the characters.
As for the version that was supposed to come out today, I decided to release a simple bugfix with some additions, such as the possibility to review all the old events, although I don’t see much use for it since the gallery exists.
Many polls will be made to better understand what to fix, mainly on the Discord server.
Also coming soon there’s a wallpaper for Halloween, another one and the special Halloween event.
Having said that I hope I haven’t offended anyone and you have understood the situation of my poor brain.
I would like to thank everyone who supports me and I hope I can understand something more from all this. I look forward to your thoughts on this.
Man I am sorry to hear about your situation at the moment, I hope you get better soon. But don't stress yourself concentrate on your health first. As for the game I can see that you are and have been working hard on it from the start, and have been very open when it comes to communication. I may not be the best when it comes to giving ideas for better improvement so all I can say is don't give up, you got a lot of supporters who will give you proper feedback and ideas. Here's hoping for all the best for you.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
That is one big wall of text :oops: Hopefully you recover soon!

As for Champion popularity well it's moving up.
2020-10-09_10-18-35.png

For Dating Sim try Life With a Slave -Teaching Feeling- as it tends to add a lot of interactions that people tend to like. There are a lot of people that enjoy wholesome cute moments on top of the debauchery. Like inviting the girls to eat at the Kitchen/Restaurant, take them out on different Date Locations, or silly gifts that can be displayed in their rooms. Finding out what a girls favorite food is in a game can be lots of fun. Different outfits can also be fun collectables even if they are restricted to certain scenes.

Looking forward to Halloween Events though your overall health is more important.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
That sucks man I hope you get better soon. As for the game, personally I don't think there is anything wrong with it. The story has a lot of potential and there are some features that you've talked about for the future that seem really cool, like using pregnancy to "evolve" the girls. My suggestion would be to focus more on the relationships between the characters, the game threads that I follow where I am the most active in, are threads of games where they focus a lot on that. The lewd content is also important, the appeal of these games is that they have sex scenes. In my opinion the story is as important as the sex scenes, but for a lot of people if the update doesn't have any sex scenes they would rather wait for the next one.

RalphKazuki

Jul 4, 2020

Well first all dev I wish u a speedy recovery and as for the post I think u took a big step in announcing that you are ready to give the gamers the content they deserve and to establish yourself as a listening and speaking your mind Dev if you know what I mean and as for the game i would like to say that updates won't matter to me as much as your health and the people who write shitty things about you game content should really see this as a big step from you and stop with their useless shit they talk about.As far as the game is concerned I would love to wait a month or two just to see you grow up great and have a lot of support of people and paterons

that's for my post and wish you a speedy recovery and respect for being the creator of this game.

GODSPEED DEV

Last edited:
Reactions: masterdragonson

Vima

Modder
Jul 3, 2018
I hope you get well soon.

Don't worry too much about that you must stop 0.30... your health is more important and we can wait, this is my point of view.

About the pages in other discussions... i can only speak for me, but for me it is not importent how many pages the people wirte.
It was already said, there are many good games with only a "few" pages and then we have sadly many game with "too many" pages, but the game itself is (sorry for that word) shitty.
So don't look too much about such things... it is better if you look for what do you want and how do you think about the story/game.

About the review and feedback... (here again, i can only speak for me)
For me it is hard to write something like that... i had never learned english in a school or so... (yeah i know my english is crap :cry: )
This is why i avoid to write in Forum or Discord.

About the Holiday events like Halloween, i would say do it only if you want to do it.
Such things are a nice Bonus, but (only for me) it is not so important.

Thank you for this Game :)

AND FOR ME- IMPLEMENTING THE PREGNANCY ELEMENT is critical to playability for many of us.
I would never say something like this or in that way... but I cannot deny it.
Yeah, i am a degenerate... so don't mind me.

Faustus7

Apr 4, 2018
Also because I read things like: “Finally a nice update after 10 versions of useless plot” .....okay?
I wanted to just comment on this, first that guys a dick, second you mentioned a few updates ago that you had not added any lewd scenes recently and I realized I had not noticed that , I was just enjoying the story, Don't get me wrong I cannot wait for more lewd scenes but you have written a great story that I am enjoying a lot, Hope you get better soon.
Edit: that top bit was supposed to be a quote, think I deleted to much lol.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Well, first of all, i hope that your health is ok, and wish you a great recovery. Second, I can say that i really like the game, i love a good history, for me a good history is better than a game with a lot of sex (not that sex is bad in any way), the games that have a lot of pages in this forum, most them are memes, people fighting, or people who don't have any idea of what to do and asking for save or help, i really understand that you are giving your best for the game with the time that you have, and you can put that in an observation in the first page, because there is a lot of people that don't use the search function, they think that you have 24/7 to work in the game. I'm really thankfull for all the hard work that you put in this game, of course, is good to know what people love in a game, what fetishes they like, but never forget the game is yours, don't change the game because someone don't like or don't have their fetishes, there will be always someone that don't like your job, but there will be always people that love it. Take care dev.

AshirulPatel

Sep 9, 2020
Champion [v0.28] [Hell Games] - Original size 1.6GB
Compressed Android Port (299MB): -

*This unofficial port/version is not released by the original developer, download at your own risk*
These files were compressed using YAC, my own cruncher script! Check it out!
Version 29 please .
Ty for last one though ..

ZimonColdres

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2019
Thank you all, don't worry, I'll feel better. Now I try to answer everyone.

That is one big wall of text :oops: Hopefully you recover soon!

As for Champion popularity well it's moving up.
View attachment 851087

For Dating Sim try Life With a Slave -Teaching Feeling- as it tends to add a lot of interactions that people tend to like. There are a lot of people that enjoy wholesome cute moments on top of the debauchery. Like inviting the girls to eat at the Kitchen/Restaurant, take them out on different Date Locations, or silly gifts that can be displayed in their rooms. Finding out what a girls favorite food is in a game can be lots of fun. Different outfits can also be fun collectables even if they are restricted to certain scenes.

Looking forward to Halloween Events though your overall health is more important.
Yes I know, it's huge, when I start writing I don't stop anymore.
However, by growth, I mean the spread and loyalty of the game. I'll give two examples considering two other games. The first one concerns LiL, which despite the complaints about the lack of lewd scenes continues to grow at an impressive speed. The second is CK, which after the models' mess, well...hasn't suffered great losses and has gained more support.
Considering the great quality of the two titles, the question I ask myself is, is it only the games that have allowed it, or is their diffusion better? And I'm talking about forums, socials, and other stuff.
And then there's me who after saying that I can't be totally active for now, I lost 3 supports because "Hell Games is not active" ..... really?
I played Teaching Feeling, and I wanted to insert some elements through the "Family trip", go to eat together somewhere, amusement park, onsen, but then the sleep sex won.

At its core, interested in a game is based on the style, content, updates, and developer interactivity with fans in forums and being open to suggestion as far as future content)within reason) and tweaks to the game that improve it.

There are uber-popular games with thousands of forum postings, and the games suck. There are likewise unpopular games that are amazing but have almost no fan feedback because they are so damn good. CHAMPION is good, but lacking in a few key elements, which I discuss below...

IDK Why you would need to change the team name or game name. I personally don't see any issue with it...

OK... What I see that might be improved: having the "quests" and "actions available" under a submenu in the GIRLS page is difficult to find. After figuring out it was specific to each girl, it's still vague as hell. In the recent update, there is literally NO DIRECTION in the dialogue or "to do" things on the girl pages.

It says mostly "After the meeting, visit this girl" but half the girls are impossible to find. Players are lost as to what to do when every place and every time we visit - it's "there's nothing to fo here" situations. Without a clear direction mentioned to guide players in a certain direction, the sandbox element becomes frustrating. Maybe a simple add-on of when player wakes up "Oh, yeah... I think I should check out that hidden place again" would help. I spent almost 7 in-game days searching every location, having forgotten the "hidden place" existed. Not knowing it was where the next part of the story continues.

Sandbox style is good, but without clear sense of story progression or direction for the player, it's easy to get lost. THIS is what the best games have: story pointers through dialogue or simply forced reminders after a certain number of days pass without progress.

Hint system in current build is vague, just saying "Meet with this person" and yet that person has no "place" of her own to meet at.

I understand holiday events appeal to some people, but if it distracts or detracts from working on the actual content of the game, many of us don't really need a Halloween or Christmas event. Just my opinion...

I hope you get better. Perhaps take a step back and think about what is most fun and important to you. What you really want to say and do with the characters. Tweak the 'hint' system so we have a clue WHERE people are or what needs to be done before we next interact with that person... and refocus on what you enjoy about making the game.

AND FOR ME- IMPLEMENTING THE PREGNANCY ELEMENT is critical to playability for many of us.
Thank you, let's try to explain.
For the team name change, I simply want to change Hell Games, which is the old team name, simply with mine [Zimon].
For the name of the game, many people tell me that Champion as a generic name is very difficult to find, and that maybe adding an element could increase its discoverability.

The hints I know, they are too vague, the 0.30 had to rework them to be much more precise, creating a kind of screen of the quests with the description to deal with them.
I usually put indications in the dialogues, like the one saying to go to Tailè or to visit the park or the library. Maybe I should change the color of the dialogue when talking about key directions.

The pregnancy pokemon style, I know you want it, we just have to reach a fundamental point in the story, then you can have fun.

In any case, thank you, I will recover.

Cleos H scenes would definitely skyrocket the game's popularity. JUST SAYIN'. Anyway, get better soon and don't let haters get to you.
She will be the next to receive the lewd scene.

Anyway, guys don't worry, the development of the game is not stopped, it's just slowed down, I had my pc brought on purpose, I can still add little things or modify the code, and don't worry, I'm resting.

Last edited:

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Of the 90's generation - before such things as Barney, Tele Tubbies, Pokemon, Spongebob, adventure time, or Cable TV... from a small town that only got 35 channels until 2010, when it went to 200 channels. I'm not old. Not a boomer. A GEN-Xer... in my 40's
Oh ok, yeah it makes sense then. Well in pokemon, they need to fight other pokemon to evolve into more powerfull forms. With the pregnancy feature when the girls get pregnant they unlock more powerfull forms. This is an example of what Heramael would look like with an unlocked form
CharaStudio-2020-08-05-23-35-44-Render.png

• Love
Reactions: AlexTorch

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Ummm... she looks the same to me... IDK
The hair color is different but yeah, the system hasn't been implemented yet so we don't really know how the forms will be for sure. I think there were some more examples of forms for other girls but I only found that one on discord.

3.80 star(s) 35 Votes