VN Ren'Py Champions of Liberty Institute of Training [v0.82] [yahotzp]

4.40 star(s) 28 Votes

yahotzp

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2018
Broke up with girlfriend. The way she is never mentioned again is weird. Felt kinda bad and restarted. On my second run I was failing all the hero missions. I have no idea what I even did different, I always succeeded on the first run.
She will still come up in some conversations even if you break up but only with characters that knew her from before Emma left for school.

Did you pick a different starting route for what you did over the summer? If you made different choices during your next run you would get different increases.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
She will still come up in some conversations even if you break up but only with characters that knew her from before Emma left for school.

Did you pick a different starting route for what you did over the summer? If you made different choices during your next run you would get different increases.
I actually have a similar question. I stay with the GF the first time and during this scene Emma can hear what the 2 teacher is saying but on second run when I broke up with GF she suddenly can't hear what they were saying anymore. What give? Does staying with Emily give Emma super hearing or something?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kovir123

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
I actually have a similar question. I stay with the GF the first time and during this scene Emma can hear what the 2 teacher is saying but on second run when I broke up with GF she suddenly can't hear what they were saying anymore. What give? Does staying with Emily give Emma super hearing or something?
There are a number of different choices that add skill boosts throughout the game. If you made different choices on anything its quite possible that your skills are lower for some activities. Listening in there for instance I believe needs a certain level of stealth. So if you didn't do some sneaky things like xraying through the door on your sister for instance, then you lost some opportunties to raise that particular skill. It's possible that breaking up with Meg might have reduced some of these choices that lead to those needed skills, but I couldn't tell you exactly which those might have been.

undead_sun

Jan 24, 2021

I did pick a different summer, I was not expecting it to matter that much. Other than that my choices were pretty much the same. I'll have another go, some more updates in the future.

Reactions: Kovir123

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
There are a number of different choices that add skill boosts throughout the game. If you made different choices on anything its quite possible that your skills are lower for some activities. Listening in there for instance I believe needs a certain level of stealth. So if you didn't do some sneaky things like xraying through the door on your sister for instance, then you lost some opportunties to raise that particular skill. It's possible that breaking up with Meg might have reduced some of these choices that lead to those needed skills, but I couldn't tell you exactly which those might have been.
Thanks. I thought the skill only affect the dialogue choice and stuff. Btw does this mean I can actually catch "Catwoman" during Licorice mission if I have enough stealth? I always fail that misson.

Reactions: Phoexist

yahotzp

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2018
Thanks. I thought the skill only affect the dialogue choice and stuff. Btw does this mean I can actually catch "Catwoman" during Licorice mission if I have enough stealth? I always fail that misson.
Yes, but you will probably need to do some training instead of going on dates or save that mission for later when your stats are higher.

yahotzp

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2018
thx for good game develop, btw when update ling's event?
Do you mean Mei? Ling will only show up occasionally. Mei will get some new content for when you can acquire her power permanently and also for Lotus's next mission.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Nice update. We finally got a permanent power with Betty! Was waiting for that. Liked how we were able to play some catch up at the end there and go visit some people that we haven't had a chance to. Would love more of those type of catch ups where we can just go on all the dates and such.

Overall though, nice update and looking forward to what is next. Thanks! ;)

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Game Compressor
Donor
Apr 2, 2019
Champions of Liberty Institute of Training [v0.7] [yahotzp] – Compressed

the one that kept most details
Win/Linux (Markets) v0.7 · · · (834.3 MiB :: 2.79 GiB)

the one that got compressed
Win/Linux v0.7 · · · (375.3 MiB :: 2.79 GiB)
Mac v0.7 · · · (340.9 MiB :: 2.79 GiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Caveat emptor.

cdr00d

Apr 3, 2021
So where are the Tech Wizard and Betty scenes? The week 3 Monday Morning "Visit Tech Wizard" just takes me straight to Hero training. I just have the same three dates available with Betty.

yahotzp

Game Developer
Jan 3, 2018
So where are the Tech Wizard and Betty scenes? The week 3 Monday Morning "Visit Tech Wizard" just takes me straight to Hero training. I just have the same three dates available with Betty.
The next Tech Wizard event hasn't been added in yet but should be part of the next big update. If you maxed out affection with Betty, you will be eligible for a special night scene.

4.40 star(s) 28 Votes